User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 34
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Matip!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Frankfurt beat Rangers on pens in the Europa league final.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Random fact, Frankfurt has decent support in Denver. I went to a brewery and there was a bunch of Frankfurt supporters getting rowdy
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm. Didn't know that. Never been to Denver, but I'd hang out at the bar they go to.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

GK Kevin Trapp was the difference in that match. He had to leave PSG to win a European trophy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Everton avoids relegation, Chelsea secures third.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Burnley home to Newcastle and Leeds away to Brentford are going to be fun to watch on Sunday
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Burnley home to Newcastle and Leeds away to Brentford are going to be fun to watch on Sunday
View Quote

Yep. Drama on both ends of the table. The Premier League is the best league.

Liverpool Legend Divock Origi has been reported to have agreed to terms with AC Milan
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yeah and Mbappe opts to stay in Paris after using Real to run up the numbers.

Rumors are that Lewa is looking at Barca but Bayern isn't looking to trade
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh yeah and Mbappe opts to stay in Paris after using Real to run up the numbers.
View Quote

Florentino Perez' head must be about to explode. He dropped any pursuit of Erling Haaland when he thought he had Mbappe in the bag and now has neither.

Watch for some high dollar pursuits by RM of any and all quality attacking players starting right now. Perez has too big an ego to be publicly dissed like this.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Lyon is taking it to Barca in the Women's UCL final including a goal by an American.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Florentino Perez' head must be about to explode. He dropped any pursuit of Erling Haaland when he thought he had Mbappe in the bag and now has neither.

Watch for some high dollar pursuits by RM of any and all quality attacking players starting right now. Perez has too big an ego to be publicly dissed like this.
View Quote

RM is threatening to go to FIFA over this.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Tammy Abraham now holds the Serie A record for goals in a season for an Englishman
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:43:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Crazy day today....

Let's go Reds!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Van Dijk and Salah start on the bench.

Bold strategy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Shit
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Mané!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#18]
It’s been a fun first half of matches
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Coutinho!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Welp, Villa is doing their part

Spoke too soon
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck fuck fuck
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Welp, Villa is doing their part

Spoke too soon
View Quote

Oh well. City 3 goals in 6 minutes.

Salah!

ETA: Spurs take fourth. Leeds survive. Burnley goes down.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Salah!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Robertson!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like City has the title.

Watching the crowd control at the Arsenal match.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Well, that's that.

Man City
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Wild at the end.  On to the CL final
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#28]
On a brighter note, Ben Chilwell made a cameo appearance against Watford
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Absolutely bonkers. Now I have to go to work..... Blargh
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#30]
I was really hoping West Ham would win to drop ManU into the Europa Conference League
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Milan wins Serie A. Olivier Giroud with a brace.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Not sure how I feel about the title loss.  I think City are deserved champions.  That was their Istanbul.  3 goals in just under 6 minutes to win the league is just incredible.

I always had faith that Liverpool would get their job done against Wolves.  And I thought that Villa might have a bit of a twist planned.  But as much as I'm kinda irritated about them throwing away a 2-0 lead in 6 mins, when they were 15 mins away from the end of the match, I can't really fault them.  They put up a helluva fight, and I never expected them to have a 2 goal lead in the first place.

The real fault here, in the cold light of day, lies with Liverpool.  The home draws against Brighton and Spurs were inexcusable, and ultimately cost them the league.  Can't look at anyone else. City gave them every opportunity to catch up and to make it a race, but City are ruthless.  When LFC lost in one of the years past, IIRC City won 14 matches in a row to seal the title.  If LFC does their job and beats spurs, they win the treble.  Or if they hold a 2-0 lead against Brighton at home, they win the title.

Liverpool, for some reason, have all the luck in the world in the UCL it seems and none whatsoever in the league.  Just on memory:

08-09 -- Lost by 4 to United (Macheda)
13-14 -- Lost by 2 to City (Gerrard Slip when title in LFC's hands)
18-19 -- Lost by 1 to City (Fucking Kompany miracle goal into the top corner from like 30 out)
21-22 -- Lost by 1 to City

For some reason, Liverpool can't seem to rise above in the League.  They won it by miles season before last, but that's different than being in a tight race.  In tight races, they can't seem to do their job.  And that's really, really annoying.  That and they get no luck.  That's three times now City have been bailed out of jail (and once for United) by either miracles or Liverpool wasting a stupid game they should have won.  I thought this year that they MIGHT finally get a little bit of luck, and have the result go their way this season.  But City, unlike Liverpool, rose to the occasion, did what they had to do, and under the shit circumstances they found themselves (down 2-0, needing three with 20 mins remaining) got it done.

I hope Liverpool can pick themselves up for the UCL final, but honestly, they looked tired and this was a brutal way to lose.  Not sure they're going to properly recover.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Salah wins Playmaker of the Year and Shares the Golden Boot with Son. Despite missing a month.

Alisson shares the Golden Gloves with Ederson

And in the ARFpl Bender Rodriguez takes the title!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Salah wins Playmaker of the Year and Shares the Golden Boot with Son. Despite missing a month.

Alisson shares the Golden Gloves with Ederson

View Quote

It's a complete farce that KDB won Player of the Season over Mo.  Every stat should award it to Salah
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's a complete farce that KDB won Player of the Season over Mo.  Every stat should award it to Salah
View Quote

Considering Salah won both playmaker and shared the Golden Boot (though Son had more goals from open play), you’re not wrong.

KDB was 6th in goals and 11th in assists.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Considering Salah won both playmaker and shared the Golden Boot (though Son had more goals from open play), you’re not wrong.

View Quote

And won two domestic cups, and lost the league by one point.

It's insane
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#37]
No St. Totteringham's day this season!

Spurs are capable of competing in the CL, but they need a few more star players to really have a shot at a trophy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 1:18:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Thiago a "maybe" for Saturday.

In other news, Dortmund is as big a soap opera as Bayern Munich. They just fired Marco Rose and appointed...wait for it...Eden Terzic! their new head coach. Maybe they should have just done that a year ago when Terzic was interim coach instead of hiring Rose.

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Not taking PL is frustrating, given the talent available and what else this team has accomplished.  Over 90 points 3 out of 4 years with only one EPL title to show for it is crazy.  Hard to beat oil money paired with pep.  

Also sucks how beat up the squad is before CL final.  Last game of the season mattered in the PL, had other finals recently, meanwhile Real already had La Liga clinched two weeks ago.  

Still by far the most fun Liverpool team to watch I've ever seen play though.  Looking forward to another Champions League final.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

But only finished ~1.5 mil overall…which shows how bad we were as a group.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

It's insane
View Quote

Yeah.

Yeah...
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:17:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No St. Totteringham's day this season!

Spurs are capable of competing in the CL, but they need a few more star players to really have a shot at a trophy.
View Quote

The two new signings have been solid (names are too long to type).
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thiago a "maybe" for Saturday.

In other news, Dortmund is as big a soap opera as Bayern Munich. They just fired Marco Rose and appointed...wait for it...Eden Terzic! their new head coach. Maybe they should have just done that a year ago when Terzic was interim coach instead of hiring Rose.

View Quote

I really hope he can play. He's been on another level.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah.

Yeah...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's insane

Yeah.

Yeah...

I am a huge Liverpool fan, have been since 1986 but I will go against the grain here and say that KDB deserved that award.  Stats aren’t the only thing that determine the players value.  How far down in the standings do you think City would have been without him?  I believe Liverpool would still be at or near the top without Salah.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I am a huge Liverpool fan, have been since 1986 but I will go against the grain here and say that KDB deserved that award.  Stats aren’t the only thing that determine the players value.  How far down in the standings do you think City would have been without him?  I believe Liverpool would still be at or near the top without Salah.  
View Quote

So, taking the player with the most goals and most assists out of a team wouldn't have an effect on their placement in the table?

That's bold.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So, taking the player with the most goals and most assists out of a team wouldn't have an effect on their placement in the table?

That's bold.
View Quote

Your position is that no one else on the squad would score or assist.  Also bold.  The award is, Player of the Season, not scorer, not assister.  (Yes, I know that’s not a word!)  KDB makes things happen all over the field. Much of what he does leads to goals or prevents their opponents from scoring.  To me VVD deserves the award more than Salah.  Had mo’s second half of the season been like the first he would have run away with it but that’s not what happened, is it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not taking PL is frustrating, given the talent available and what else this team has accomplished.  Over 90 points 3 out of 4 years with only one EPL title to show for it is crazy.  Hard to beat oil money paired with pep.  

Also sucks how beat up the squad is before CL final.  Last game of the season mattered in the PL, had other finals recently, meanwhile Real already had La Liga clinched two weeks ago.  

Still by far the most fun Liverpool team to watch I've ever seen play though.  Looking forward to another Champions League final.
View Quote

Yeah, Real has been resting for weeks, are in a weak league and have had more time

I'm having a hard time feeling too down. This is a historic era and the scrappy Scousers are up against a bought and paid for championship team, anything Pep wants they hand him a blank check.

We were in the running for the Quad up until the 75th minute of the last game of the season.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, Real has been resting for weeks, are in a weak league and have had more time

I'm having a hard time feeling too down. This is a historic era and the scrappy Scousers are up against a bought and paid for championship team, anything Pep wants they hand him a blank check.

We were in the running for the Quad up until the 75th minute of the last game of the season.

View Quote
Just remember, you could be a Spurs fan.
I'd take any trophy at this point.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm with you.  City don't have standout players because they're a team of all-stars where there's almost always a different player that stands up and leads them to wins.  Last year it was Gündogan, year before that it was Bernardo Silva or maybe Sterling.  This year it was KDB.  He drug that team by the collar to some huge wins down the stretch.  

And not to run Salah down, but he's had a lousy run-in.  As you pointed out, if he had gotten even half the goals in the second half of the season that he did in the first he would have been a shoe-in.  And also IMO, penalty goals should count as about 3/4 of a goal when tabulating for golden boot.  That should be Sonny's alone.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#50]
The BBC has just issued an apology for this ticker comment:

They aren't wrong though...
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top