Sorry I brought it up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]

I guess a group buy is out of the question then
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
""""""Germany H&K refined the CETME design into the rifle that would be the G3 (Gewehr 3) when it was adopted by the German military in 1959""""""

this was your quote not mine,,

this whole deal wasnt even the  jist of the orignal ?,,, yet it seems that every time some HK freak,, gets his pants up that cetme made the rifles frist and  that HK,,  copied it they get all ,,,upset...
so what if they were german,, they came to spain since they had no where to work,, do you actuallythink that they solely made the cetme or G3,g2 or whatever by themselves without spain there wouldnt be either rifle!

""Also there is a big differene between a preban and a postban CETME. The preban in on par with the HKG3, the postban is not even close.
""

i clearly know the difference between the two and that isnt  the arguemnet here,,,,,
and i am not wrong...

spain made the freakin rifle,, made it for germany BEFORE Hk was even  started,,,  its all there  the info is there,, only for some reason you HKfanatics belive that mauser engineers=HK enigineers,,, the germans(not HK) adopted the cetme  before 59',,cetme made the g2,g3 for them  till after 61' ,,,how elese do you see differently????  

Link Posted: 5/26/2004 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatever makes you feel better.
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Last year I was looking for a FAL when I found a CETME that I just had to have. Mags are cheap and it shoots 2" at 100yds, Very reliable.
Now I'm working out a trade with a guy I met,   One of my ARs that I built for a 1950s-60s Mars
preban CETME with the metal hand guard and bipod.  

The AR cost me $500 and these CETMEs are running $2,500 and more!   Fingers crossed.

Tapco and Cheaper Than Dirt say the CETME mags will fit the G3 but G3 won't work in the CETME, is this true?

Get the CETME and if you don't like it put it in the closet,  the value may go way up in a few years.

Link Posted: 5/26/2004 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the stamped reciever and G3 mags work great. My understanding was CAI uses the same stamped reciever for both their G3 and their Cetme. Personaly I am not super fond of the whole design be it a CAI Cetme or an expensive H&K rifle. However thought of reaching all the way up near the muzzle to charge a weapon must have been drunk.  But hey every weapon can't be a Garand or M14. We all have our favorites. Heck I would take an M16 over a FAL or a G3 if I had to hump the ammo around.

Oh and  SteyrAUG do you have to use such profanity to make a point? Do you feel you have to be the bully on the block? Man if you know you are right it should be easy to keep your cool.

This reminds me why I seldom  frequent this forum.
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Honestly if someone was here posting that the Lorcin was every bit as good as a 1911 or that the Desert Eagle was the best gun ever made, how do you think they would be received?

ok Now you have started a fight with me >>> My lorcin will out shooot your Derser Eagle, anyday even if we shoot em side ways hood style...just kiddin

SA thanks for all info, BUT I LOVE MY CETME ( CIA SS that is ) gotta be PC
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Interesting debate so far, but until them howler monkeys learn the finer points of metalworking, assembly and final finishing, I don't think a CETME is in my future, besides ya can't get any work outta them damn' primates when they're slingin' their dookies everywhere because the micrometers don't work right . No flame to those who like the rifles, though; diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks...
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Spain did produce a rifle for the Germans, the G2 NOT the G3. And they may very well have produced it until 1961, but the G3 was adopted in 1959.

Hey Aug, can you provide proof of this statement.  It's in complete contradiction of anything ever discussed over at HKPRO.

hkpro.websolv.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB5&Number=69342

And you are the only one I've ever heard being around a CETME clone owner with stress fractures in a receiver.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Geezus christ! all this fuss over an inexpensive fun to shoot .308 rifle.
I have a CAI CETME, it had some problems at first with extracting but once I figured that out it has run fine. Not a single malfunction in the last few hundred rounds. Oh, my Armalite had problems when I first got it too but I wouldn't consider it junk. Hell, I even enjoy shooting my M38 carcano and it IS junk.
When I go go wild boar hunting I usually choose one of my garands or the CETME. Either has plenty of power and plenty of follow up shots. Both are heavy though.
I say get one, try it out and see what you think. If it is junk then clean it up and sell it off, the worst you can do is lose a few bucks on the deal. At least this way you can try one out and form your own opinion.
Just my $.02
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I was one of the lucky ones and got a very early S.S. receiver with like new barrel,furniture,internals etc.It shoots great and I've never had a problem.Would I get another one???Not unless I could get one just like I already have.I've heard to many horror stories about the Cetme kits they started using after they used up the like new kits.
Link Posted: 5/27/2004 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 2:10:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Now onto the StGw 57 aka SIG 510-4 in 7,62x51, it would seem that it is ALSO a G2 and was sorta a transitional rifle. I think this causes much of the confusion regarding the CETME and as a result it is often classified as both a G2 and early G3.

WOW!  You are full of firsts on this thread.  I've read most if not all the discussions at HKPRO including the thread I linked.  As I recall it's only non-German sources that refer to anything other than the StG57 for the G2.  The Germans designating a certain number to a new model for evaluation is believeable.  Using two numbers for one model is pure bullshit.

But if you look at HK history specifically the rifle adopted in 1959 was the H&K G3. Another source of confusion is early HKG3s had wood stocks like the CETME so they are often mistaken for CETMEs. But if one examines them closely they would see they are in fact H&K G3s with wood stocks.

Yes, many shots in recent years out of Central Asia show wood stocks and people automatically assume it's a CETME.  Upon closer examination they are always G3's, usually Paki.

Early G3's had metal forearms exactly like the Modelo B.

www.moneypit.net/~bhinton/Heckler_Koch/Early_G3_A.jpg

Here's a G3 that was imported from Germany with the exact same forearm and bipod on my Mars Sporter.  Both mine and the photo are Modelo B, though my MARS is a C(no carry handle).  Also compare the tripleframe to a Modelo B.

www.moneypit.net/~bhinton/Heckler_Koch/HK_GoldenState_G3.jpg

Quoted:
Now the above is kinda easy to confuse as it implies the CETME (G2) was manufactured under license in Germany. It never was. License was granted to both H&K and Rheinmetall but no CETMEs or G2s were ever made in Germany. Rheinmetall never produced any G2 or G3 rifles and H&K prior to production refined the design into the current G3.

What isn't confusing is you choose to believe what you like from that article and disregard the rest.  And Reinmetall did produce G3's.  Feast your eyes.... www.mg-42.net/sniperone.htm
This tanker model has the early G3 flip site, different from the Modelo C paddlewheel.

When you can find a photo of a CETME G2 of all things email it to HKPRO.  At least he'll have one for his website.  What the hell was the topic? oh....

tr00per1

There can be spec problems with the magcatch position which may cause mag fitting problems.  Keep in mind the CAI stamped receivers are the same between their CETME and G3.  All factory spec European mags(Span/Germ) lock and feed perfectly in my MARS CETME, FMP XG3S and Greek SAR8.
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Quoted:
They are junl, the only people who like them are the ones who don't realize they are junk because it happens to be the nicest rifle they own.

So my CETME is my nicest gun I own? So you think it is better than my Armalite AR10 with a Stainless Steel Target barrel, or my STG58? Plus a couple of WW2 snipers?
I like the CETME but it is a battle rifle not a sniper rifle. Fuctions well and is accrute enough for what it was made for. Also it is fun to shoot, new wood on it looks great.

http://images.andale.com/f2/123/116/6952293/1085546704682_200442023239_cetme.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/123/116/6952293/1084222938646_20044202344_cetme2.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/123/116/6952293/1086643996735_200442023439_cetme3.jpg
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Steyr I love your history lessons on guns, but you went and pissed on the wrong tree on this one.  
MWDG3, in case anyone doesn't know, is one of the "gods" of Cetmes over at the Cetme site.  He lives, drinks, sleeps, crys..... with Cetmes.   In other words he knows what the hell he is talking about.  Not that I think Steyr doesn't, but we all have our specialties.  This one is MWDG3's.  

BTW, MWDG3 welcome to AR15.com!  

IMHO, my Cetme is a good rifle, reliable, accurate, and fun.  Did I spend too much(in new parts) to get it there? Yes.  It was built of very used parts, but that does not make it a bad gun, only used.  Would I buy another?  Not with out looking and taking it apart first.  I think MWDG3 has similar opinions as this on the condition of CAI Cetmes.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2004 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
And the fact remains that both guns are frequently designated a G2 by many sources so save your bullshit proclomation for them.

That doesn't change the fact you pick and choose between much of the contradictory non-German information as you see fit.  Like I suggested, if you find a photo of a G2 send it to Tom over at HKPRO.  He doesn't have one.  Well...he never will.

Quoted:
Good lord read your own material. Very rare Rheinmetall produced prototype G3.

They never went into production.

Oh right, my bad, dawg.  I thought you said this....

Quoted:
Rheinmetall never produced any G2 or G3 rifles

hinking.gif

Link Posted: 5/28/2004 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I think MWDG3 has similar opinions as this on the condition of CAI Cetmes.

Yes indeed.  Thank you for the welcome.  Now if anyone can provide GERMAN information on the G2 I would like a copy.  And I'm sure Tom over at HKPRO would take it as well.  There are umpteen sources for HK information with much of it contradictory.  It would be nice to get some official German documentation.

Quoted:
All I did was correct him about Rheinmetall G3 production with his own source.

Hardly, nice try though.  You didn't say Reinmetall never went into production.  You said the never made ANY G2's or G3's.  I provided a source for prototype Tanker models.  And this doesn't mean all they made were these alledged 10 prototypes.

Link Posted: 5/28/2004 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Doing a bit of research regarding the G2 as the StGw 57 or CETME and it seems I got it backwards.

The StGw 57 was the first G2, the CETME was the transitional rifle.

Where in the hell is this coming from?  Correct me if I'm wrong here, but none of your previous sources even mention an StG57.  Now, speaking of transition, you have a source that confirms that at least the StG57 was the FIRST G2?  Can you scan it a post a photo?  Or at least send it to my email addy?  [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
So do you. And I don't pick and choose, I noted that both rifles are variously classified as the G2. Find me a German source stating specifically the StgW57, I'd like to see it.

Other than people in Germany from the HKPRO discussion, that's all I have.  As you stated there is little information available on the G2.  HKPRO doesn't even mention it in the World of HK.  You are the one giving the grand history lesson here.

Prototypes and production are two different things. HK has LOTS of prototypes that never went into production.

Simple play on words.  HK has produce lots of prototypes that never went into production(HK52).  You did not mention Reinmetall mass production, you made a blanket statement that Reinmetal never produced ANY G2 or G3 rifles.  You can't except the fact you were wrong. his
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 12:44:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow, this is funny, someone obviously went over to gunboards and alerted people WHO OWN CETME's that there was trash being talked on them.  

When I saw protus and MWDG3 posting here I laughed out loud.  

Steyr, yes, CAI CETME's are made on out of spec receivers, with used parts.  You are correct.  They do not perform 100% out of the box like one would want (well, mine did).

But history lessons aside, you can have a really fun to shoot rifle for $300-$400 if you don't mind a little fiddling with it.  

BTW, no one show Perro that HK54 with the wood fore end, he will have to go buy it.

Link Posted: 5/28/2004 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
My cetme , is very reliable. I have replaced the Bolt rollers to give me better headspace , and replaced a old return spring.And also had a hammer spring break. Fair wear and tear.  The Cetme  is a WWII design really.From Nazi Germany.  After the War the designer shopped his system around  but not mant takers. Everybody was broke, and had lots of small arms. Spain  bought into the design.  When Germay had there falling out with FN FAL over building in Germany ( so I heard ) they picked up on the roller system and had HK buld it with a few changes. It, really still the same rifle. HK fame grew off the design from another person.IMO.

Now what I would do is save up the extra money and get a G3 clone from ORF .I think like $700-$800 . I think. G3 parts are plentiful.The design is extremly rugged and reliable. A delay roller  Battle rifle is a must have in every gun collectors/ shooters collection. Im in the middle of building a G3 clone as we speak. All parts are going to be nearly new, and I'll have $900 in it. Best of luck to ya, WarDawg

The MG-42 and StG-44 were the original 'roller-locker' weapons... HK adapted this design to the CETME, G-3, and the various 9x & 5x designs..
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 6:54:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

The MG-42 and StG-44 were the original 'roller-locker' weapons... HK adapted this design to the CETME, G-3, and the various 9x & 5x designs..

Sigh.....

No they didn't.  Read the argument.  HK was formed after WW2, Germans went to spain after the war and designed the cetme for the spanish military, then came back to germany and produced a very similar rifle under contract for the german army.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 12:55:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
First and foremose CETME means Compania de Estudios Tecnicos de Materiales Especiales or Center for Technical Studies of Military Equipment. CETMEs ONLY came from Spain, never from Germany.

Two sources of confusion here.  First, what in the hell is "foremose"?  And where the hell did you find "compania" instead of "Centro"?

I would only add: Make sure you know what you are talking about when you give information.

Well obviously he shouldn't use your sources after admitting their contradictions and you just believe what you want.  Then your response...

Quoted:
So do you. And I don't pick and choose

Do you see a problem with these two sentences?  One really shouldn't put a "so do you" even close to a denial on the same subject.  Here's another beauty...

Quoted:
Please do not teach history when you haven't got a clue as to what you are talking about.

Quoted:
Doing a bit of research regarding the G2 as the StGw 57 or CETME and it seems I got it backwards.

Could you kindly post your source?  If I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it and many here and at HKPRO could finally get this straightened out.

The StGw 57 was the first G2, the CETME was the transitional rifle. It was adopted to become the G3 but was never produced by HK. Instead the design was refined and the new rifle produced was the HK made G3.

So it would seem the CETME was adopted, but never produced. Thus it would never correctly be a G2 or a G3.

Good lord what a transition! hanks
Just to keep this straight in my mis-spelling prone head, the first G2 was the StG57 and the CETME was neither the G2 nor G3.  Right?

Quoted:
Go back a page or two and I mention the Stg57.

I did, and you didn't.  No one even mentioned the StG57 until I posted, then you began transitioning..if you will. h=85%

And I don't have a photo of a G2, i don't think anyone has a photo of a rifle marked G2.

Not even HKPRO?  hmm....

Find me proof of a G3 rifle used by the German army made by Rheinmetall and you will have disproven my statement, until that time you have disproven nothing.

Yes I have.
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 6:02:46 AM EDT
[#40]
""Of course there are no "real post ban cetme" so I assume you meant a CAI."""

""There is NOTHING wrong with original pre ban CETMEs and even the first postban CAI CETMES ""

""Also there is a big differene between a preban and a postban CETME. The preban in on par with the HKG3, the postban is not even close.""

all above are your quotes SA,,,seems you yourself can not even keep track of a post or pre ban,, so i take it a MAR's isnt pre-ban than..at least at how you state it,,,and the first quote at top shows you have no knowlege at all about the cetme rifle,,or else you  would not have said that.

more from SA ,,,so you know its yer quotes and not mine since i copy and paste so bad,,

"" Please understand and comprehend that GERMANS went to Spain and built the CETME.""
"""Geeze you are the most dedicated idiot I ever met. CETME MADE THE RIFLES PRIOR TO GERMANY. What you don't understand is that it was GERMANS FROM MAUSER who made the CETME in Spain. Arms production wasn't legal in Germany at the time. The Germans did not copy it, they built it is Spain THEN built it in Germany.""

germany  also adopted the cetme rifle  the model B and C, the as you say refined it intot he G3 rifle
the germans were not working on this rifle project on thier own ..they had 8-12yrs to perfect it with the help of spain and with  the help from them it would have never gotten as far as it did before the mid 60's.   and from above ""CETME MADE THE RIFLES PRIOR TO GERMANY"" cetme contuined pruduceing the model C untill the mid 60's where it turned to the LC(or E) model chambered in .556 germany then when frist produceing the G3's had to have CETME stamped on them,,why..i meanif they didnt make them and they didnt copy them then who did,, the rifles made by HK with the cetme stamped were not cetme model C's they were a compltely different rifle,with different sights and different fire controls. is this waht you like to call a G2,, or maybe something different ,,,maybe a G2 3/4 maybe,,,i dunno..

Ok ,,so  if i get this straight,,, germans =mausers=engineers+spain+spains money+spains workers+spains companys+ spains enigineers+spains r+d= HK rifles then... right??
soo if germans made the design,, in spain and those rifles were HK's then i guess this rifle is an hk then...

http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v54/protus/IM000782.jpg

its a german design made in spain,,, prolly 95% engineered by germans from mauser up to 4 years before they were in germany... if thats the case ,,,and by  your thinkin this would be an HK rifle,by all means correct,,,

and again  when you decide to stop splitting hairs and turing things around,,pull that snobby know it all head outta your over dilated ass

Link Posted: 5/29/2004 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#43]
""Are you a professional idiot?""

no but you seem to be as you,, are argueing your own words,, you yourself said there was  NO PRE BAN CETMES,,, as in the above quotes,,, all your doing is proveing yourself worng not me,,,turning quotes around to fit your needs will not work,,, those are your words,,,youcannot say there isnt any pre-bans at all the a few post later say there is,,, you contradict yourslef,, plain and simple..

and again,,

to use my god awful copy and paste
your words agian..

""
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
""Of course there are no "real post ban cetme" so I assume you meant a CAI."""

""There is NOTHING wrong with original pre ban CETMEs and even the first postban CAI CETMES ""

""Also there is a big differene between a preban and a postban CETME. The preban in on par with the HKG3, the postban is not even close.""

being a professinal idiot is alot better than waterheaded jackass...
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Compania was sourced in Janes. Perhaps it was an older name, maybe just innacurate.

Well I found this copy/pasting shit from cetme.com or something.

http://cetme.homestead.com/files/CETME_acron.jpg

Quoted by SteyrAUG:
No you have not

Yes I have.  Here is another Rheinmetall G3 early para model.  Note the CETME Modelo B frontend and top folder with a different shoulder piece.

www.cetme.org/files/G3_Rheinmetall_Mathieu_Willemsen_Royal_Netherlands_Army_and_Arms_Museum_Dutch.jpg

www.cetme.org/files/G3_Rheinmetall_Mathieu_Willemsen_Royal_Netherlands_Army_and_Arms_Museum_Dutch_2.jpg

This also has the early flip type G3 rear sight, like this one.

www.cetme.org/files/G3_wood_pistolgrip.jpg

I know a man attempting to restore an early pinned receiver G3 import fire victim with this same sight.  His trigger frame isn't standard HK41/91 S-F.  It's exactly like this early B Sporter S-F with the exact wood pistol grip.

http://www.moneypit.net/~bhinton/CETME/CETME_ModelBCloseup.jpg

Quoted:
OK let me help you. Nobody in Spain began working on the CETME rifle UNTIL Mauser engineers arrived with the Stg45M prototype. Prior to that the prototype and the design ONLY existed in Germany. If Mauser engineers never went to Spain there would be NO Spanish CETME.

Don't believe me? Ask MWDG3.

True.  Now do some research on the G2 and find out where Switzerland received the StG57's technology. hy

Quoted:
We need a FAQ.

Instead of buying a CETME give a friend of yours $100 and have him smack you with a metal folding chair. It will be just as aggravating as having bought a CETME but will only cost $100.

Link Posted: 5/29/2004 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#47]
"""""Of course there are no "real post ban cetme" so I assume you meant a CAI""

your words S/A,,sorry but they are,,,

and so are these,,,

""Please re read that sentence as many times as necessary until you figure out what a complete moron you are""

so i suggest you do so... you cannot say there isnt any pre-bans then say there are,,,wake up man,,, your the idiot,,,yourthe one who cant read,,the one who doesnt understand,,again when you finally visit a doctor to have your head removed from the nearest donkeys 6,, maybe you will be able to see to re-read your own words,,,
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#49]
your words agian,, pg 3 7th post down,,

"""You said and I quote... "a real post ban cetme or mars is just as on par as a G3 of the era,,, "

Of course there are no "real post ban cetme" so I assume you meant a CAI.""""

did i say the AWB of 94'......... you Assumed i did...and ya know what they say about that....its not my fault you didnt take into consideration the 68' import ban,,,

instead you jumped up all over the chance to yell down someones throat instead of thinking,, you my brain cell challenged friend are the idiot not i....
Link Posted: 5/29/2004 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - CETME, are they any good? Accurate? (Page 2 of 3)
Page General » General Discussion
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top