User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it over?  Tell me it isn’t over...
View Quote

I think it’s over. OP was expecting a bunch of “sick build” and “woah must be nice” responses and instead he got a dose of reality he didn’t want.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I’ll be frank. Your build looks like a teenager went on the AR builder app, sorted each component for highest-priced, and selected them all. The comment about the scope was realistic. Binoculars and spotting scopes are your friend. A 1-6 or 1-8x would likely be far more up your alley.
View Quote

I came to comment something very similar.

Fuckin OP wants to use a 5-25 as a bolt-on spotting scope from his pack lmao.

This is pathetic.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Found a buildout pic
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#5]

No KNS pins? Your funeral.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]

I take everything back now that I see it!!!

Definitely tier 1, operator level.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Awww.... thanks for caring.
You seem like the type that runs away and crawls into a hole when shit goes south. .

You see I'm not the one who conforms to what everyone else thinks and bows out when others disagree.  That may be your outlook but not mine. Too many people are swept up in marketing and have become fanboys. Plain and simple.
I didn't come here to make friends because I dont like people. Just being honest.
However I have knowledge skills and experience. Something that many here I've seen do not have. They just look to see what everyone else has at the moment and figure that this must be the best or seen some jackoff on YouTube with it and fell for it.
A razor gen III 1-10 is not gods gift to man for example. And a micro T2 isn't worth what they are asking for it

I've probably built more rifles over the past 30 years than a good majority here have ever shot, and of those only 25-30% have been ARs.
I didn't ask your opinion on me I asked for your technical evaluation on the equipment.
Obviously you spend too much time playing video games and social networking for boyfriends to see this from a technical point of view.
You may be here to make friends .. I'm here to make s point. And if I ain't getting all the little girls feathers ruffled then I'm not doing it right.

I'm not  "going to rethink this build" just because it doesn't fit with mainstream marketing and bow down. I am more concerned about the engineering and that is why I posted this thread.
Some attacked me as if I just window shopped for expense parts and posted them. Far from it.
I've used just about everything that has come out that was worth a dam. And being around long enough you can tell the crap from what could potentially be good.

But again, thanks for your input.  It was very insightful.
View Quote

New copypasta?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

New copypasta?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You seem like the type that runs away and crawls into a hole when shit goes south. .

You see I'm not the one who conforms to what everyone else thinks and bows out when others disagree.  That may be your outlook but not mine. Too many people are swept up in marketing and have become fanboys. Plain and simple.
I didn't come here to make friends because I dont like people. Just being honest.
However I have knowledge skills and experience. Something that many here I've seen do not have. They just look to see what everyone else has at the moment and figure that this must be the best or seen some jackoff on YouTube with it and fell for it.
A razor gen III 1-10 is not gods gift to man for example. And a micro T2 isn't worth what they are asking for it

I've probably built more rifles over the past 30 years than a good majority here have ever shot, and of those only 25-30% have been ARs.
I didn't ask your opinion on me I asked for your technical evaluation on the equipment.
Obviously you spend too much time playing video games and social networking for boyfriends to see this from a technical point of view.
You may be here to make friends .. I'm here to make s point. And if I ain't getting all the little girls feathers ruffled then I'm not doing it right.

I'm not  "going to rethink this build" just because it doesn't fit with mainstream marketing and bow down. I am more concerned about the engineering and that is why I posted this thread.
Some attacked me as if I just window shopped for expense parts and posted them. Far from it.
I've used just about everything that has come out that was worth a dam. And being around long enough you can tell the crap from what could potentially be good.

New copypasta?

Yes. Already copy/pasta’d in this thread even.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#9]
You clearly don't know what you don't know and refuse to listen to those that do.

Have fun with your ridiculous, overpriced, ineffective boat anchor of a rifle.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have knowledge skills and experience
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think it's over. OP was expecting a bunch of "sick build" and "woah must be nice" responses and instead he got a dose of reality he didn't want.
View Quote
Op has to be crashed out. He started this thread at like 1am and stayed on it for an absurd amount of time.

Or he just ran out for some kns pins.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have knowledge skills and experience

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177643/3ra2ny_png-1943571.JPG
Think he just misquoted Liam Neeson lol
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is this a fucking joke?  There is no other forum on the internet as revolutionary as this one.  We see the coming storm and are prepared to meet it.  Anyone who disagrees needs to post proof or STFU and crawl back under the porch.  Men are talking.

View Quote

Tell me more about arfcom culture from your 3yrs of membership.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

New copypasta?

Magnificent.  

However, I think this is the best part of the entire thread

Originally Posted By Euler_Ruler
A $20,000 rifle with a mil-spec trigger?

Yep. I love ‘em.
Good enough for 3 wars it's good enough for me.

Sometimes you dont need to fix what ain't broken

And with that I knew we were in the deepest game of 4D chess or speaking with the shiniest smoothest brain to have been encountered.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this a fucking joke?  There is no other forum on the internet as revolutionary as this one.  We see the coming storm and are prepared to meet it.  Anyone who disagrees needs to post proof or STFU and crawl back under the porch.  Men are talking.

It's a chicken that goes on your dick.  My ma knitted this one for Christmas.   Tradition in my family going back generations.  Christmas after your first pubes you get your first in an annual celebration of the family seed poles.  The small town I am from sees a very high demand for women who can knit a comfortable, warm and well fitting peen warmer.  My aunt is still the matriarch of the local seamstress union.  Part of her responsibilities as head is the teach the girls how get the most accurate measurements by touch alone.  My aunt has knitted cocksocks for everyone in town, she is very familiar with how virile our town is.  Problem is she has strong hands and sometimes it can be painful if she is off her meds.

Anyhoo, moms make them till you are married,  then the wife takes over after a few years.   After Mom and the new wife work together, taking measurements,  verifying fit, until they decide the new wife is ready.

Mom still makes the best, but I cant tell the wife that so old chicken stays with daddy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe that to be hyperbole
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I believe that to be hyperbole
View Quote

Copy/pasta
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I take everything back now that I see it!!!

Definitely tier 1, operator level.
View Quote

It's clear to me that OP operates operationally. I bet he clears all the rooms in the basement every night making certain there are no threats before he slumbers under the delta forces flag above his bed
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Please explain to me how a Colt detent pin and a spring are going to make a better rifle. He’s not talking about putting a Colt mag/bolt release/trigger/etc. Hes literally only using colt springs and detents according to his list. I can’t even fathom a possible situation in which Colt could make a better detent pin than anyone else.

Has anyone ever had a detent pin fail? Or a detent spring? They’re captured in the lower and don’t affect the function of the gun itself.
View Quote

Improper material and coatings, rust and corrosion, shape of wear surfaces, escape velocity and fecundity.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Detens-Pins-Cadmium-vs-Nitride/4-756489/

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Improper material and coatings, rust and corrosion, shape of wear surfaces, escape velocity and fecundity.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Detens-Pins-Cadmium-vs-Nitride/4-756489/

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd personally look for an LMT or Colt chrome lined barrel for the build.  Would be a little less expensive, and I think they hold up to hard use better than stainless, but you give up some accuracy, but with LMT tubes often not much.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#22]
OP reminds me of when I was a teenage and wanted a PTR-91 with a 6x ACOG and underslung Saiga 12 like on Sons of Guns
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#24]
OP, don't change a thing, I look forward to seeing your finished rifle.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#25]
KNS pins LoL…
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Hahaha this parody thread is gold.

This is a parody thread, right?

Right?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#27]
rule one OP, never listen to GD.  use GUNSTRUCTION here to help build your dream rifle.  i;ve got a sniper rifle, competition rifle and home defense pistol caliber PDW combat SHTF rifle designed, just waiting to get the parts together

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
rule one OP, never listen to GD.  use GUNSTRUCTION here to help build your dream rifle.  i;ve got a sniper rifle, competition rifle and home defense pistol caliber PDW combat SHTF rifle designed, just waiting to get the parts together

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/271151/gs_jpg-1943849.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/271151/gs2_jpg-1943851.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/271151/gs3_jpg-1943852.JPG
View Quote

Yeah looks like nothing but kids in here these days.

I dont much care for the gold trim but to me this 14.5 actually looks pretty dam good.
But the poors will be poor.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd personally look for an LMT or Colt chrome lined barrel for the build.  Would be a little less expensive, and I think they hold up to hard use better than stainless, but you give up some accuracy, but with LMT tubes often not much.
View Quote

The colt socom is a great barrel.
For this build it's what I already have.

I've never shot an LMT barrel but for years I've thought about owning an MRP upper.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/271151/gs_jpg-1943849.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/271151/gs2_jpg-1943851.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/271151/gs3_jpg-1943852.JPG
View Quote

I just laughed out loud at the bar and now people are looking at me weird. Well done!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch?

Wait, that’s not it.

View Quote

I take exception to this. This was meant for me, and only for me!  Watch out, I’m big and scary.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks to me like you're doing your best to make the most expensive semi auto AR on the planet.

Pretty retarded if you ask me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Did-the-government-hack-my-computer-NSA-CIA-recruitment-/5-2450730/
View Quote

Okay, so I just glanced at this thread. I’m not saying red flag laws are good, but OP is making a solid case for them.

Dude, seek professional help. That’s not a flippant statement. See if your medical benefits cover therapy. Follow through.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#35]
MAIN POINT OF @Euler_Ruler POSTING BUILD THREAD IS EXTREME PRICE OF PARTS IN BUILD. THIS POST IS FANTASY OF MAN WHO THINKS HE IS EXPERT, BUILD RIFLE OF HIGHEST QUALITY, PROVE TO INTERNET HE IS MASTER OPERATOR. I THINK YOU GET PICTURE. THIS POST IS POST THAT SAYS IS NO SUCH THING AS CONCERN OF MONEY. FOR OP WITHOUT SENSE, KNOWLEDGE OF BALLISTICS, OR EVEN BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF AR-15, THIS POST IS FOR PRETENDING OF BE COOL LIKE INSTAGRAM OPERATOR WITH EXPENSIVE RIFLE THAT MAKES NO SENSE. WHEN YOU EXPLAIN HEAVY RIFLE WITH 14.5” BARREL AND 5-25x OPTIC IS RIDICULOUS, THIS MAN HAS NUCLEAR RAGE. WHOLE IDENTITY OF THIS MAN IS SPENT IN “SPARE PARTS” LIST SHOWS HE IS RICH. IS VERY AMUSE. FOR REST OF WORLD THERE IS GEISSELE OR LMT WITH LPVO WHICH IS SAME WOUND FOR COST LESS.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
MAIN POINT OF @Euler_Ruler POSTING BUILD THREAD IS EXTREME PRICE OF PARTS IN BUILD. THIS POST IS FANTASY OF MAN WHO THINKS HE IS EXPERT, BUILD RIFLE OF HIGHEST QUALITY, PROVE TO INTERNET HE IS MASTER OPERATOR. I THINK YOU GET PICTURE. THIS POST IS POST THAT SAYS IS NO SUCH THING AS CONCERN OF MONEY. FOR OP WITHOUT SENSE, KNOWLEDGE OF BALLISTICS, OR EVEN BASIC UNDERSTANDING OF AR-15, THIS POST IS FOR PRETENDING OF BE COOL LIKE INSTAGRAM OPERATOR WITH EXPENSIVE RIFLE THAT MAKES NO SENSE. WHEN YOU EXPLAIN HEAVY RIFLE WITH 14.5” BARREL AND 5-25x OPTIC IS RIDICULOUS, THIS MAN HAS NUCLEAR RAGE. WHOLE IDENTITY OF THIS MAN IS SPENT IN “SPARE PARTS” LIST SHOWS HE IS RICH. IS VERY AMUSE. FOR REST OF WORLD THERE IS GEISSELE OR LMT WITH LPVO WHICH IS SAME WOUND FOR COST LESS.
View Quote

Dude, get up, get out of your mom's basement,  get a job, and get help.
Seriously. Trolling the internet is not what life is about.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:10:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Looks to me like you're doing your best to make the most expensive semi auto AR on the planet.

Pretty retarded if you ask me.
View Quote

Not my goal or intention at all,

But that would be a title worth having.

Not to be outdone some asshole would cast and machine parts from solid gold the following week.
Its how the world works.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah looks like nothing but kids in here these days.

I dont much care for the gold trim but to me this 14.5 actually looks pretty dam good.
But the poors will be poor.
https://i.redd.it/poeht5a63qa51.jpg
View Quote

I find the offset MRO particularly offensive and those irons look like hot garbage. Something for your build to aspire to for sure.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh sweet baby jesus he's back. HE'S FUCKING BACK!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I find the offset MRO particularly offensive and those irons look like hot garbage. Something for your build to aspire to for sure.
View Quote

I didn't say it was perfect. But the concept is there.

And that scope... I believe its lighter than an the razor 1-10

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:26:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Juvenile trolls like you dont phase me.

You do a fine job looking like an ass all by yourself.

But it's what to expect from fools that play video games and live in their parents basement.
Next time she comes downstairs to bring you cookies, tell her that you are sorry.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I build my own lowers. On my mill from the Colt prints, with Cerro keyhole forgings.

How much would you pay to keep it off the books?
I dont see that listed on the KAC brochure.
View Quote

well shit, why buy ANYTHING?  You should just make the entire rifle yourself
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

But it's what to expect from fools that play video games and live in their parents basement.
Next time she comes downstairs to bring you cookies, tell her that you are sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This must be your first time on the internet.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Tell us about the $75 stainless magazines?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:36:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not trying to phase you one bit. I'm your biggest fan.  All day I've been like...

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wipe your chin.

If you really wanted to know why you would have asked me instead of shit posting.

The NVG setup was included as this was 2/3 the cost and the total I would be investing needed to be considered as a whole.
I've never owned nods but o have used them and have done my research.
I tried to encompass everything in this as a whole system evaluating everything down to even the weight.

If you have an opinion that is what I asked in this post
Please tell me what would you change that does not add equipment or excessive weight and does not reduce a single bit of capability from what I propose?

I would love to hear it.
View Quote

You are DanTSX right?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

well shit, why buy ANYTHING?  You should just make the entire rifle yourself
View Quote

You didn't put much thought into what you wrote before you posted did you?

It would make total sense to spend an hours machining a small parts like a mag catchs then just to go out and buy a quality one.
Unless you want to have it made from titanium I dont see the point.
And 6AL-4V stock ain't cheap. Neither is my machine time and labor.

My buddy got all pissy when I told him it would be $1200 for me to make him a new triple tree for his bike. Time is money.

And if I had the equipment and insurance to be making barrels and BCGs I wouldn't be here talking to people here in GD.

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top