Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
JESSE YOU NEED TO STOP YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME PLAYING THE LOS POLLOS HERMANOS DS GAME!

The fact that those meme videos got me to watch BB says a lot about me actually
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With a few exceptions it was really, I don't know if realistic is the best word, but down to earth. No corny fist fights or gun fights. If someone got hurt they were hurt. People got stressed about stuff instead of being superhuman tough guys and that tension and drama came across well. The finale even passed a test done by Mythbusters.
View Quote

Except for the stupid cartel twins with the fancy boots.  Those guys were way out there, over the top, and totally unbelievable.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I binge watched it over New Years break 3 or 4 years ago, I couldn't stop watching it, I mean I did eventually fall asleep at like 3am and missed a few episodes, but picked it back up about 6am and kept watching.   I enoyed it and agree with a previous poster, all the characters evolved and it made things interesting, all the characters had interesting roles, like the FBI dude, he was one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:10:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Do that thing
Do that thing
Do that
Do that
Thing

Breaking Bad Remix (Seasons 1 and 2)
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That theorys already been debunked. A lot of people thought it was Teds kid. Suposedly skyler and him have a previous history.

Started watching BB again too but started season 3. I like the story of him, gus and mike.

Throughout the whole series it was hard for me not to root for walt. I wanted him to succeed but he sabotaged himself at every turn. It was frustrating to watch. So many times he should have told skyler; get on board or fuck off, instead of always pandering to her. So many times he could have kicked jesse to the curb but kept giving him chance after chance when he should have cut ties. PERFECT opportunity to cut ties was not interfere with jesse confronting gus' street dealers instead of saving him by running them over. Jesse wouldve gotten whacked by them or gus, and walt could have worked with Gale for the reat of time and made bank.

Ultimately walt should have let skyler walk away, her choice. Uncontested joint custody of the kids with no pension for skyler, got his own place and worked with Gale and Gus. Happy ending but that doesnt make for good TV.
View Quote

Gale was Walt's replacement. There is no Gale, Walt & Gus happy trio, it was the whole story line behind him persuading Jesse into killing Gale. Walt's greed for power and notoriety made him a shitty partner.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#11]
My favorite scene is when they are all waiting in the hospital after Hank got shot.  walt picks up a magazine and notices the table has a short leg.  So he calmly rips out a advertising insert, folds it up an props up the short leg.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Listening to Kim talk sounds like someone gargling razer blades.
View Quote
i have something for kim's mouth that will help her with that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The Goth thing isn't for me. That said, I wouldn't mind laying a sausage in her tuna vault.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Watching for first time, on this episode, Mike put a hole in chow’s hand

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't blame you. It has to be one of the best tv series out alongside Dexter.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Chet? Do you mean Todd?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody was a good guy.

How about the little boy on the motorcycle that chet wasted.

Chet? Do you mean Todd?

Meth Damon.

Damn, beat.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Except for the stupid cartel twins with the fancy boots.  Those guys were way out there, over the top, and totally unbelievable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With a few exceptions it was really, I don't know if realistic is the best word, but down to earth. No corny fist fights or gun fights. If someone got hurt they were hurt. People got stressed about stuff instead of being superhuman tough guys and that tension and drama came across well. The finale even passed a test done by Mythbusters.

I almost forgot about them. Yeah they were a bit much and for all the build up their characters didn't really add much. Come to think of it Mike had a few ridiculous scenes too but overall the series was quite good.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I almost forgot about them. Yeah they were a bit much and for all the build up their characters didn't really add much. Come to think of it Mike had a few ridiculous scenes too but overall the series was quite good.
View Quote
mike and saul are the best characters in BB.

jessie is a close third.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Gale was Walt's replacement. There is no Gale, Walt & Gus happy trio, it was the whole story line behind him persuading Jesse into killing Gale. Walt's greed for power and notoriety made him a shitty partner.
View Quote

I dont think it began like that. Not until walt started bothering himself with jesse did gus start planning walt being replaced by gale.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
2nd best series finale behind Game of Thrones
View Quote

Laughs in Peaky Blinders
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

jessie is a close third.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

jessie is a close third.

Oh Mike was a good character but look at that gif a few posts up with the Mk23. He takes a blind shot at a hidden gunman and turns his back to him without even taking a look. Pretty nitpicky but that was bit too much "cool guy" for me.

Jesse was great.

"This nickel and diming won't work. We need someone higher up who can move our product wholesale."

"Like a distributor?"

"Yes. Do you know anyone like that?"

"Yeah, I did, until you KILLED HIM!"
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh Mike was a good character but look at that gif a few posts up with the Mk23. He takes a blind shot at a hidden gunman and turns his back to him without even taking a look. Pretty nitpicky but that was bit too much "cool guy" for me.

Jesse was great.

"This nickel and diming won't work. We need someone higher up who can move our product wholesale."

"Like a distributor?"

"Yes. Do you know anyone like that?"

"Yeah, I did, until you KILLED HIM!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Now watch Ozark, and Banshee.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Finishing up the (almost) complete Walking Dead series with the kids. I’m on the fence as to rewatching BB with them, might be too early, might be just right??
View Quote

The multiple way overly extended 4-5 minute hand job scenes and even more fucking scenes with a couple minutes of thrusting and screaming could potentially be awkward to watch with your kids unless you have that type of relationship.

That said, the 3 minute 60 bowjobs scene showcasing the meth hooker's day was hilarious.

Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That guy was in My Cousin Vinny as one of the jurors. I watched Vinny after I saw BB. It was weird.
View Quote

Great movie.  He was also the drug cartel hitman "The Shadow" in Scarface.

Fun fact:  my mom owns 3 (out of 7) pieces of Alejandro Sosa's white metal patio furniture used during the filming of Scarface.  Posting pics isn't easy post-membership. :/  

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:38:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
BCS is better.
View Quote

I am in full agreement JLP3.

I also agree with most of the points people are bringing up.
Personally, however...

When Walter defends his Son from the bullies in the store.
And ignites the Beemer at the gas station (using the science of electrical resistance, no less).

I fully saw myself. And wondered if I "could" let my morality go.
What could I be capable of ?

In B.C.S., I liked it more, because I root for him.
He isn't close to perfect.
But he tries.
AND, I believe, ultimately, I am like Slippin' Jimmy.

Because I too, try
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:29:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Hank was a fan of the Deadwood series.  Had the complete DVD set on a shelf.  
Giving a nod to Anna Gunn (Skyler) for being in that series!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pinkman never hurt women or children.  He is is own worst enemy early in the series but gradually becomes self aware and honestly tried in the end to make things right, but is constantly undermined by Walter's evil.  In the end everyone he loved was somehow destroyed by Walter and others around him through no fault of his own.  His greatest mistake was teaming with Walter in the first place.
View Quote

Pinkman was a drug dealer. They sell death to school children.

People who say Walt ruined poor Jesse's life are morons.

When we meet Jesse he is a drug dealing meth cook escaping from a DEA raid. He was a mouth breather that was on his way to jail where he would have become someone's bitch and gotten shanked. Jesse had no future but you people make it out like the "The Future's So Bright" song was written about him.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Vince Gilligan said Mr. Chips to Scarface and a bit theme of the show is each one of our choices results in a consequence.

Walt was in a downward spiral regarding his belief in himself and his abilities.  He went from working on a Nobel prize winning science team, to starting Gray Matter with Gretchen and Elliot, to working at Los Alamos, to becoming a high school chemistry teacher and working a side gig at a carwash.

Why?  Walt's character is fascinating because it's almost as if he feared success and love (Gretchen) because it wasn't his way?  I don't know but it's fascinating because he had exit ramps in season 1 where he could have accepted another job at Gray Matter or even just asked for the money from his former business partners but chose instead to do it his way.  When he's out of the business Gus gives him the "what does a man do" speech.  Walt didn't need a ton of prodding.  He wanted to be successful and do it his way and in the end he sort of was but he did it with evil and hate with his ego driving him the whole way.

Jessie becomes Walt's protg/son.  He is a screw up to start and not confident in himself.  When Jessie takes the blame for his own brother's weed and has to live basically as a homeless person its his choice.  Over time he comes under Mike's wing as well and then becomes his own person and feels guilt for his past decisions and then is sold into drug slavery (almost twice if you count Gus's plan).  

All the characters grow and change on the show.  It's fascinating.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hank was a fan of the Deadwood series.  Had the complete DVD set on a shelf.  
Giving a nod to Anna Gunn (Skyler) for being in that series!!
View Quote

She deserved the two Emmy's.  Her portrayal of the changes she went through as Walt brought her world down was brilliant.
Hate Skyler, not Anna.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Vince Gilligan said Mr. Chips to Scarface and a bit theme of the show is each one of our choices results in a consequence.

Walt was in a downward spiral regarding his belief in himself and his abilities.  He went from working on a Nobel prize winning science team, to starting Gray Matter with Gretchen and Elliot, to working at Los Alamos, to becoming a high school chemistry teacher and working a side gig at a carwash.

Why?  Walt's character is fascinating because it's almost as if he feared success and love (Gretchen) because it wasn't his way?  I don't know but it's fascinating because he had exit ramps in season 1 where he could have accepted another job at Gray Matter or even just asked for the money from his former business partners but chose instead to do it his way.  When he's out of the business Gus gives him the "what does a man do" speech.  Walt didn't need a ton of prodding.  He wanted to be successful and do it his way and in the end he sort of was but he did it with evil and hate with his ego driving him the whole way.

Jessie becomes Walt's protg/son.  He is a screw up to start and not confident in himself.  When Jessie takes the blame for his own brother's weed and has to live basically as a homeless person its his choice.  Over time he comes under Mike's wing as well and then becomes his own person and feels guilt for his past decisions and then is sold into drug slavery (almost twice if you count Gus's plan).  

All the characters grow and change on the show.  It's fascinating.
View Quote

Modern Greek tragedy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The multiple way overly extended 4-5 minute hand job scenes and even more fucking scenes with a couple minutes of thrusting and screaming could potentially be awkward to watch with your kids unless you have that type of relationship.

That said, the 3 minute 60 bowjobs scene showcasing the meth hooker's day was hilarious.

View Quote

Her name was Wendy
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top