Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Recon ahead of enemy pick several ambush sites and attack and disengage till you kill them or they kill you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Outnumbered possibly 7+ to 1 with very limited ammunition and a large portion being short range shotguns; OPFOR has automatic weapons and beltfeds. Our force is not going to 'win' this one unless OPFOR leadership is completely incompetent and allows his force to be destroyed in detail.

Leader recon first to determine force composition and deployment (your drone can be used for a better look). If the 100 strong lead force has dug themselves in a position that can be defended they will be have to be drawn out and into a less advantageous position. Deploy your 50s in the vegetation near the footbridge to the northwest with a squad of shotgunners for local security. These will be on vehicle destruction and beltfed elimination detail, with sniping as the opportunity presents.

Deploy your 18 man foot mobile to the southeast intersection as a blocking force/QRF with 4 of your thin skinned vics. The remainder of your force deploys into the park on the west side and digs in to the light vegetation in an L-shaped position with the base facing the creek, long side along the north road.

Send two vics along the north road with 2 personnel each to draw out the OPFOR. After exchanging fire with the OPFOR near the NE intersection this element will retire westward to the housing area west of your L-shaped ambush site.

Then we see what the OPFOR reaction is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#3]
No experience so my wild ass guess

Begin by sending two-man teams to use shoot and go tactics (sparingly) along the enemy’s north east position early. Enemy troop casualties will only be considered a “bonus”, not a must. Hopefully, this will help influence their defensive planning by drawing a decent portion of resource and strategy to focus on the north east. This should allow more direct and accurate intel on troop numbers, their placements, and the enemy’s state of readiness. Following the intel, reinforce the shoot and go teams, turning them into 4 to 5 man fire teams x3. They will need to identify multiple fallback positions as well as their initial placement for their attack. Once done they will hunker down for a brief duration, their main purpose is to keep enemy attention focused towards the north east before the main assault. Three coordinated fast fire teams spread wide along the enemy’s north east should give an impression of a larger attacking force from that direction.

The 50 cals will be positioned along the west face of the enemy’s position and split into two groups, each with 50 and support. They will position themselves to allow line of sight of the enemy light armor with the objective of each needing at least one kill on light armor. Each will choose the easier kill first, this is to insure as well as possible a kill on the enemy’s light armor. They will only engage after the fast teams are instructed to begin their diversionary mission. They have the option to adjust their position but only under absolute duress or if disabling the enemy light becomes improbable due to location.

The main body of the assault should stage up either from south/south face or from south by southeast face. They will only begin their engage once the 50’s have engaged the light armor. The main body will begin advancing while the enemy focus is split between the fast teams to the north east and 50 cal on the west face. Once the advance is underway the fast teams will break off the engagements and depending on the positions will join up with either the 50 cal teams or the assault’s main body. The 50 cal teams will hang back at their location(s) and give intel on enemy movement during the main assault while also engaging in DMR roles to support the main assault body.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]
As a non military man, here is my Monday morning quarterbacking attempt.  Try not to laugh too hard.

Move your mobile units and the 30 men to point A, the convergence of the roads.
Have the men begin cutting logs and use the trucks to build a barricaded fighting position that serves as heavy road block.

Distribute half the Nods to the spotters in this position.  Place your .50s so they can transition to fire down either road/field for standoff.

If possibe, down trees across the roads 200m from the barricades to hinder ground vehicles.

Park the vehicles near the creek bridge with easy access to send runners and wounded to the fallback position (C)

—-

Simultaneously, send 8 men to build a fallback position with cover at point C (the docks).

All remaining men and civilian volunteers should load all radio equipment on the barge and begin ferrying it to point B. Civilians from the town that want to evac can also do so.

——-

Once ferry operations are complete,  leave the men with 7.62 rifles to guard the equipment and build cover to secure the river bank. Leave two NODs with them.  

Bring the barge back to point C.  Have 4 men maintain and secure the fallback positions at point C. Give them two nods. Everyone else that is able to fight, join point A.

——

The team at point A should try to stand off the enemy with aimed fire.  Use the .50 sparingly and try to disable vehicles if possible.

If the enemy is too strong, fall back point A to point C, with the men of point C offering cover fire.  

As that situation becomes untenable, then begin covering fire to ferry people to point B.  
The rifles at point B can provide some overwatch across the river and to cover the ferry.

As a last stand until reinforcements  can arrive, guard the equipment and civilians from the cover kn the other side of the river.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
First - Break this down into understandable data points for decision making.

RCV Commanders Intent
Defend Port Facility and Strategic Commo asset for as long as possible.

RCV Elements

• 1 Platoon Mounted Recon in 2 squads  ALPHA 1/2

• 1 Reserve Element, 1/2 Platoon BRAVO 1

RCV Capabilities

• Commo

• Light AM

• 1 Squad Night Operations

DRP Elements

• 1 Light Company, DERP 1

• 2-3 Companies DERP 2

DRP Capabilities

• Commo

• Light Armor

Key Tactical Concerns

• Poor/No Resupply

• QRF in 48 hours

• Poor Intel

Decision Making
A.  I'm going to make a note on my notepad to shoot my CO.   She sent me on a suicide mission, and that's a dick move.  I know she really didn't expect the anal to be quite that rough, but I have needs.  Just limp it off, or rub some dirt in it.  After shooting my CO, I will transition rough anal duties to my logistics team, because Jesus fuck who sent us out here like this?  4 mags....4.  

B.  I have to hold off the enemy until my QRF arrive, provided I decide to defend this situation at all.  Running isn't a bad idea, as it will preserve my force.   The enemy has the 3-1 force ratio necessary to overcome my defensive preparations when their main force arrives, and close to 3-1 if I keep BRAVO1 and ALPHA2 close.  

C.  The enemy's armored vehicles provide an opportunity to make a bad choice or a bad choice.   I can send the Barrett with the harassment forces or I can leave it here.  If I leave it here it makes it more likely the enemy forces arrive on time, if I send it away their armored vehicles increase their tactical flexibility.  I decided I'll try to use the river to handle their light armored truck, then gasoline bombs if they enter the port facility.  

D.  Assuming that running isn't an option, I would break my operations up into 2 different tranches -

ORDERS

ALPHA2 and BRAVO1
-An engineer team will be broken out of BRAVO to handle destroying stuff or using Port facilities against the attackers.  BRAVO2.
-ALPHA2 will act as flanking force and BRAVO1 will be the on-site guys.  
-BRAVO1 will setup initial positions near the river to delay the crossing, and fallback positions into the port area.  Final fallback will be the position that still has enough cover to exit facility without being slaughtered.  Designate phase lines for fighting position arrangements.  
-ALPHA2 will attempt to pin DERP 1 against my fixed defenses to help chew them up.  This will occur when the enemy attempts to force a crossing of the river.  BRAVO1 will act as the blocking force.  
-BRAVO2  If the brown line on the map is a dam, attempt to use the port equipment to destroy it to raise the water level closer to impassible.  
-BRAVO2 Any bridges over the river will be interdicted with heavy equipment parked on them or destroyed if possible.  
-BRAVO2 Prep molotovs for BRAVO1 and our commo gear/key port facilities.

ALPHA1
-ALPHA1 will head out on a short recce mission to get me details on the disposition of the near force and radio that back on their handhelds.  
-ALPHA1 will then take the .50 and head for the main force.  Their orders will be to harass the main enemy force with sniper fire in an attempt to slow them enough for my QRF to arrive.  IED's and Sniper fire will be the rule of their day.  Disable vehicles and slow the enemy through traditional TTP's.

CONTINGENCY - FAILURE OF OBJECTIVE
-BRAVO2  We will disable as many port facilities on the way out as we can, and destroy our commo relay.  
-ALPHA1 will rejoin ALPHA2 when DERP2 arrives and secure BRAVO' s exit from the facility.  We will exit from the NorthWest preferably, depending on activity by the enemy.

CONTINGENCY - QRF ARRIVES
BRAVO   Collapse on the facility to fix the enemy between the port and the QRF
ALPHA   Harass enemy from the flanks as defined by the QRF's approach.  If the port defenses are still strong, report to the QRF commander for integration into his/her battle plan.  If port defenses are weakened substantially return to support BRAVO/bug out.  

REGROUP/RESUME OPERATIONS
Operations will shift to full team harassment until our QRF arrives - the goal is to prevent the enemy from getting rest and setting up workable defenses.  
Night raids will be a key tactic if we lose the port.
Pushing their logistics shit in will be difficult if they have the port and were prepared for its "liberation".  If not we will prioritize destroying any overland logistics support they put together, including raiding supplies for ourselves because fuck our logistics guys.  In the ass.

MORE NOTES
Chances of losing the entire force will depend on the accuracy of the intel provided (which is usually poor), and enemy levels of training and combat experience versus the friendly forces.  If the intel is accurate, its gonna be a tosser.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
It pains me to say this but I would probably divide what little forces I have. I would transport most of my men and all the 50cals. Into the two neighborhoods. With the guys to break up further into 2-4 man teams and find locations where they can hide and fire from deep in cover out into that area the enemy is going to be crossing. Think break the bulk of the force into sniper spotter teams, with the plan of shoot and scoot. Have plans to fire a shot or two, and a escape path out of sight into another fighting location. With pre arranged meet up points in the creak bed for ambush locations, or other shoot and scoot locations.  

I don't think I would even use the vehicles, I would leave them at the port, or in the neighborhoods, as distraction and to look like a larger force then we are. What forces I didn't send into the neighborhoods, A hand full I would send out with a plan to set traps or distractions of some kind or ambush of some kind to try and force the attacking element into a location where they we would exposed to fire from my teams in the neighborhoods. Think either trying to funnel them into a far ambush from the 50 cals in the neighborhoods. Or set them up for a combo, near/far ambush at the same time. Part of them, might be using fire or what ever is at hand, to open up shooting lanes deep into the forested areas.

Lol how flammable is this woodland/grass land... Maybe just light it all up in a forest fire, while they are trying to cross it.

I would like to also scout that creek area, for fall back positions for any of the survivors of the fighting in the neighborhoods, with the though of. Shoot and scoot for the dense veg at the edge of the creek, shooting into the neighborhood while they are trying to clear the neighborhood of my shooters in it.

Goal being, divide, enemy force, give them 2 or more places and directions they are taking fire from. Never give them a shot at groups of my forces (other that at ambushes, dam shame we don't have explosives, grenades or mines or MG), SLOW them way down on there advance, and whittle away at there forces. And maybe they will shell the neighborhoods, pissing the locals off at them. Make them think, they are facing a MUCH larger force, they seem to be taking fire from everywhere... OP not giving me much to work with... BUT it's a lot better than nothing, and more than a lot of insurgency have. They are going to take the land and location, most likely. I just want to make them PAY for it.... and leave what they get burning.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is a fixed former AM/FM country music station.
View Quote

Ok, also not a military guy but these are fascinating.

Equipment at the radio station will be unbolted but left plugged in until the last possible moment. Also, Johnny Cash's greatest hits will be put on a loop.

I'm expecting the arrival of either another 350 or another 250 enemy troops depending on where the 100 that are digging in came from.

Even if I wipe out the first 100 with no losses I'm still out numbered 5:1 (best case) and down whatever ordinance I had to expend in the first go'round.

So, I am going to let the first 100 dig in while we wait for the rest, making things as unpleasant as possible for them and trying to slow their work.

While the town is evacuating in the morning, I would move the observation team into the natural area. Their job is to observe/report buy stay hidden and don't make contact. I think their hand helds should still reach trucks despite the brush.

On the tail end of the civilians moving out I would position 3 each of the .50 rifles in the bed of a truck near the extremes of their effective range such that they can fire but still move off if the armored trucks come after them. For the rest of the day and night their job is to make life unpleasant and prevent the enemy from sleeping.

While the trucks are keeping everyone's head down the remaining men will prep the neighborhoods and barricades. The goal here is to make travel through them slow and uncomfortable, positioning cars and tires in key points so they have to wind through the streets. Cars and tires will be ignited when needed.

Every man will also attempt to locate a bicycle to make retreat to the port quicker and also to grab any useful ammunition.

If we can't hold the neighborhoods using our shotguns and carbines, the trucks head back to port filled with whatever gear they can carry and head across the river.

Everyone hops on their commandeered bicycles and falls back barricade by barricade and does the same.

Attachment Attached File

What is the dam at the top of the creek made from? Do we possess the capability to destroy it?

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#9]
OST

Also, you should link last years. Somehow I lost it before getting to read it all OP
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

People come and go, so an accurate count is difficult right now. There are between 20 and 30 homes in each neighborhood, built in the style of a typical suburban subdivision.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
By the way, how many civilians are there in the two neighborhoods?

People come and go, so an accurate count is difficult right now. There are between 20 and 30 homes in each neighborhood, built in the style of a typical suburban subdivision.

Okay. Figure 2 trips to drop off half the population from Easton that aren't able to walk to Weston in time. That's, what... about 10 gallons of fuel used up spread across all vehicles and done in 1 hour. While they're doing that, the heavier foot infantry is walking toward Weston and will be picked up to hitch a ride around the park to the NW corner. From there they walk to their positions in the NE of the woods and conduct the mission as noted earlier, etc. etc.

Figure evac and transpo of my "heavy infantry" time at 3 - 3.5 hours including time for them to cross the woods. Start the party at 14:00

My initial post took me a while to get put up, and a couple of resources appeared in the interval.

The drone will be busy scouting the enemy position, but since there isn't real time video it just lets me know if they start doing anything other than hanging out in their corner. And while it's nice to have, I still want that infantry up there for a better real time assessment.

While the Easton folk are moving to the west, the Weston folk are loaded on the barge and sent across the river. Easton goes next. Barge/ferry hangs stays on the far side to act as a reinforcement route if I get any and it denies it's use to the enemy.

I need to rig up something with some fuel to burn the radio station down if it all goes to shit. One guy can hang out there sending reports and watching for his cue to light it up. One of the shotgunners.

Other than that, it's the same plan.

If I can put all of the badguys on foot, great. If I can trap or kill 20% of their force on the road/field, even better. Best would be to be able to at least harass or preferably hurt his infantry at their positions near the NE along with it.

I've got to be a big ol' speed bump here. I can't stop the approaching force even if this is a forward element of it let alone a separate unit. I can't eliminate this current force either, not without losing a large portion of my guys. But, I might be able to fuck it up enough that they think I have a larger force than I do and they fuck off.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Burn it all down. Blow the mine. Ied the roads. Heck, start the forest on fire. Take away their goal. Leave negative yelp review when you get back to a place that has air superiority of some kind.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Tell me more about my troops. Do they have any combat experience. Who are my subordinate leaders. Have we been polishing brass for six months, or have we been patrolling. Are they prepared to fight.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Alternatively, if our troops are motivated properly, a possible solution could be found in studying the Battle of Paoli (as the British). Silent nighttime attack on the 100 troop advance force where knives/bayonets are the weapons of choice. The sleeping OPFOR are killed in their sleep. An advance team with NODs would take out the guards to start the op. The entire detachment could be eliminated with their weaponry added to our defenders stockpile. Would give us a fighting chance on holding off the larger force approaching, at least long enough for QRF from the front to arrive.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Can you expand upon the river’s depth, width, navigability?  Also, is the barge powered or is there a tug?  Speed? How far away is the next port with friendly forces and can the barge navigate to it?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:31:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Unfortunately I do not have this information. The river is deep and wide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you expand upon the river’s depth, width, navigability?  Also, is the barge powered or is there a tug?  Speed? How far away is the next port with friendly forces and can the barge navigate to it?

Does the dock have boats or elevated structures.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm scrolling ARF while waiting on a 1st Grader to do her spelling homework, so I can't really digest the entirely of the situation and I see you give more info in the thread.

I'll try to remember to post an answer later on tonight.

I appreciate what you are doing Ben, and your threads do not get the traction they warrant. While I've drastically back on my Amazon spending, APC is still my Smile charity.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:11:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s cool.

Next war game, could we use a sat photo to be able to infer more detail?

Something like this;

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#21]
What do I do?

Turn off the Xbox and stop playing call of duty because it's late and I have work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Gentlemen: we have been tasked with the defense of critical communications infrastructure. An enemy force is taking up position in the park. Intelligence indicates reinforcements are a day behind them.

We are not waiting for them to dig in. We are not waiting for their 350 reinforcements to show up. We are not building rafts and sailing down the river. We are not waiting for nightfall on the ridiculous assumption that an enemy with superior numbers, superior vehicles, and superior weapons somehow lacks NVGs.

Our objective is the enemy force emplacing in the park. We are going to close with and destroy them.

Mobile 1: You are the supporting effort. Your primary mission is to support by fire. Proceed to the eastern neighborhood, where you will dismount. Take your .50 to the treeline northeast of there. Your initial objective is to occupy the treeline and orient your squad to the objective without being detected by the enemy.

On my command you will suppress the enemy forces on the objective. Primary signal is radio (code word Patriots), secondary is green star cluster.  Priority for your BMG is disabling the enemy vehicles. Priority for small arms is any crew served weapon.

It is critical that you keep your fire east of the treeline.

On my signal (primary radio (code word Redskins); secondary smoke) you will shift fire from west to east as the main effort assaults through the objective.

Your secondary mission is to advance to the eastern part of the objective to support the main effort, or in the event the main effort is detected and engaged in the course of occupying the attack position you are to support by fire as they disengage.

Heavy squad:
You are the main effort. We are moving north through the trees, and we are going to get as close as we think practicable to the enemy position beyond the treeline without alerting the enemy to our presence. When we reach our attack position I will signal Mobile 1 to commence suppression of the objective. Primary signal is VHF radio (code word Patriots). Secondary is one green star cluster. While they suppress the objective we will move closer, to our assault position.

Heavy squad, once we reach the attack position, communication will be by hand and arm signals only until you receive the signal to engage. Your signal to engage is direct fire by your squad leader at the enemy. Surprise will be critical to our success. Heavy 6, I will be with the main effort, but you will control your teams in the assault. You are to assault through the objective and destroy the enemy.

Mobile 2, you are in reserve. You are to continue to secure the radio station and the docks, but must be prepared to mount and move on two minutes notice. If Mobile 1 is attacked by the enemy as they occupy their support by fire position, you are to be prepared to move to their support at the eastern neighborhood. I am concerned that we have allowed a significant enemy force to approach our position without our patrols detecting it. You must be prepared to move to engage any other enemy force that may appear.

In the event of the failure of the attack, you are to advise both the capitol and the front and defend the radio station as long as possible, but it cannot fall into enemy hands.

Succession of command is Heavy 6, Mobile 1, Mobile 2.

Civilians are to be instructed to go to the lowest level of their homes and take shelter.

We move out in 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The .50bmgs should be able to penetrate them from 500m and in.
View Quote
That is generous.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I have to run into work, so I have no time for a full response, but I will split the 18 man squad (+) into 3 six man teams and have them immediately emplaced into likely routes of ingress/egress against the enemy, a la Fireforce.

I will also take some of the worst shotguns and cut them to about 9" (fuck the atf), and emplacements them as tripwire/command wire fired claymores, preferably in an urban environment, mounted at knee height and aimed upwards toward the groin in order to get below any potential body armor, as well as make the enemy deal with casualties.

I'm going to take any hardball choke points and cover them with motor/crankcase oil (you said it was a port) in order to deny the enemy vehicles from moving quickly. If we need to get past them, we can just dump sand or dirt into it. Cover these areas with the .50s.

gotta go
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That’s cool.

Next war game, could we use a sat photo to be able to infer more detail?

Something like this;

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/81AD3F1F-7604-43A3-A7F8-ECB86C487C18-1904850.jpg
View Quote

It is a decision game. The point of the exercise is to make a decision with the information you have available.

Your first decision generally boils down to (1) sit where you are, (2) attack, or (3) run away.

If you don’t make a decision (because of lack of information or anything else) you are choosing (1) by default.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Gd is overlooking the most obvious answer.
Steel rain this is werewolf 2-1. Requesting a fire mission on preestablished location marked whiskey - tango - November
Footmobiles in the open.
Will adjust.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#28]
No warrior, but send out message for 2-3 additional squads (48-75) additional from neighboring reinforcements immediately, since your clock has started at 48 hrs of any support. Send small reconnaissance team of 4 to verify the enemy advancements. Looks like heavy marsh with a river, so the likely attack is due east along the sandbar, so prepare to defend that with one team and also for fall back position based on what reconnaissance reports. Prepare to assault the small enemy advancement if reconnaissance verifies the intel. Need to engage them before they and the 350 get together. Probably flank them at the river as the begin to try to cross.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ve got no IDF capability? Not even hand grenades?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It is a decision game. The point of the exercise is to make a decision with the information you have available.

Your first decision generally boils down to (1) sit where you are, (2) attack, or (3) run away.

If you don’t make a decision (because of lack of information or anything else) you are choosing (1) by default.
View Quote

I agree 100%.

We are outnumbered 2:1, but an ambush can totally succeed under those odds. Running violates commander's intent, we aren’t strong enough to defend, if we wait they get stronger. The only option is to be default aggressive, and close with and destroy the enemy by fire and close combat.

I think the real question (for me) is how to best set up the surprise attack, doubt my plan was perfect by any means.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well, they are only supposed to be armored to 7.62 NATO,  so....50 plus API.
View Quote
That and the amount of protection varies greatly between vehicle types. A number had to be decided on and that was the number.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gd is overlooking the most obvious answer.
Steel rain this is werewolf 2-1. Requesting a fire mission on preestablished location marked whiskey - tango - November
Footmobiles in the open.
Will adjust.
View Quote

So a Cessna with some dude and a bumpstock inside?

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I have no military experience and will surely die in the coming unpleasantries. That being said, this is awesome and I want to play.

First, if the intel regarding the larger force is right, there is NGW we can defend against the larger force 24h behind. In fact, we probably can’t defend against the 100 man advance team, which means our only option, unless we plan to abandon our post, is to attack first. Here’s what I’d do.

Send drone — don’t wait for night time — to confirm reports of ~100 man size to the Northeast, and assess their level of readiness / dug in-edness. If reports are true, I would move teams with NODs to east or west village (I have forgotten whether the vegetation between the villages is thick or that was the creek vegetation), or closer if vegetation will allow. After dark, move a detachment of men to the east such that we cover them from south and east. I’d leave the 50s together. At go time, open up with the 50s (and other fire as able) from the South while hopefully the men on East side of enemy can move closer before the open up.

If the 100 man force can be wiped out, our weapon situation got A LOT better, and now with beltfeds we stand a much better chance against the larger force 24h (now 12?) out, although depending on size I might still bug out, especially if we took heavy casualties in this op.

How’d I do
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#34]
NGW should read NFW as in no fucking way
Can’t edit post per rules
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:09:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I should clarify that I am ambushing from East instead of West because due to terrain there is a 99% chance enemy will expect action to come from West
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't do the last one and I lost track of the thread.

Is there a method to play out the various plans at some point? I don't need there to be one, I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Here’s go-pro footage of a smaller force with crappy equipment wiping out a larger, well equipped force using a close ambush.

It’s been posted here before, two Kurds with hand grenades and AKs kill three Turkish soldiers with a PKM, HKs, and body armor.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Sometimes. I'll post up tonight a link to the battle we are basing this on.
View Quote

Ooh...

Subbed
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I had a feeling that this was based on something but I was guessing civil war. I have no knowledge of the great northern war at all. Interesting!
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm going to start with my dismounts - they are going into the near edge of the park - based on our current positioning - I'd have had them familiar with that ground, and anyone coming through it isn't going to like that knife fight.  I'd seriously consider changing the makeup of that force though, and move some of the 7.62 rifles to the recon groups and shotguns into the dismounts.  I'd move my mounted forces to positions on the south and west side of the border of the park, set security on on the trucks, then work our way forward to lay eyes on the enemy and see if we can figure out what they are really up to.  If they are truly digging in, I'd try to work the .50's into position to at least get mobility kills on their armored trucks.  having put some of the 7.62 rifles with those folks also allows us to disturb their work and shrink their numbers.   If they are working through the park at the same time as we're doing all of this, fine, we'll have them inside a U, and any way out has to come over the top of a squad.  If they try to work around either edge, if it's only one side, that squad slides back to hold the creek.  If both sides, then both squads fall back.  If it's really the big force, or it's lead element, then hopefully our spoiling attack forces them to deal with a meeting engagement of our choosing rather than a set piece attack of theirs.  At the end of the day, we're going to hold the docks and the repeater station at the creek line, or die trying, and any survivors of that can try to bug out in the park then head for friendly lines as they are able.  Off to read the spoiler.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Let them pass through to the river  and close in on them from the flanks and rear and squeeze them against the obstacle and decimate them.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:36:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Red Dawn (1984) Scene- "I need a drink."
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And what happens if they choose not to advance until their larger force arrives?
View Quote

Kill them too sir.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#48]
@vtmarine - nice brief.  I'm going to have to up my game the next time Ben posts one of these up.

@Ben - seriously? You chose a battle with the name of Wifecity as the inspiration.  Nice touch.  I wish I'd have realized all those arrows were the houses, but I didn't want to read through the thread to see others work before I put mine out there.

I'd have really liked to have had a mortar or two, or even some M79's or M203's.  Clearly this war has been going on for a bit, since we don't have an appropriate ammo fort for resupply.  Either that, or it's 2021 and the shelves are empty when this kicked off.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#50]
I am a total nob and don't know anything, but hear to learn and find this fascinating. So trying to bump it up. Shocked there isn't more people jumping in. Wanting to learn. Thanks for doing this.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top