User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

After seeing her photo, she might be what KS calls the "eternal 7"
Jumping on Chads and a few say yes 1 time when drunk =/= Chad will marry her.
She isn't a terrible cave troll, but she's not in that "pretty/beautiful/gorgeous" class.

She needs therapy and to understand what male attraction actually looks like Re: a man a woman would marry.
Then she needs to cope with the fact that these men are usually less sexy/player-esque than the men she couldn't have (and likely won't stay faithful to their wives anyway ).
That second one is a tough process.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I Am Done With Getting My Heart Broken – It’s Time For New Rules

I realize that it is almost impossible to protect my heart completely but I am going to do my best to lower those odds of it getting broken.
One of the toughest truths to dating and coupling.  Chance is a real thing. There are odds, not guarantees.  
I am just exhausted from going through the same scenarios all over again.
If it "keeps happening", she's gotta solve it.

I sometimes admire myself, and all the women who have been in my shoes. We’ve fallen so many times but we find a way to rise again. Stronger, bolder and more determined to push forward.
After being broken so badly, being strong is actually the only thing you have.
Pause right here.
She likely had dating options that included emotionally committal men.
If she selected one of those guys, and put him in clothes she liked and got him a gym membership, she'd not only be happy, but she'd have a few kids running around.  
"The only thing I have is my pride"

Please. She'd have a husband and a family.

As you are building yourself up, you realize that you actually learned a lot from your experiences.
She just said the same thing keeps happening  
It’s just a matter of transferring your knowledge into actions.
Hot take: I think she's used to chasing men above her SMV, and they're attractive and have game. "Fuck Boys", one might call them.
She's fighting her attraction to these men (that she cannot have).  

And though it’s not as simple as it sounds, sometimes it’s inevitable. There comes a point in every woman’s life where she has to demand to be treated as she deserves.
For women who found a good one early, realized what they had, and married early, she probably never had to say it.  

That’s why I established some new rules that I am sharing with you just in case you were or are heartbroken, as I once was:

1) I won’t date a man I can’t trust
If you don’t have trust, you don’t have anything.
Couldn't agree more.  
That’s one of the most important things to keep in mind but I seemed to lose track of it way too often.
LOL WAIT WUT  

Trust has to be earned. I know that not every guy will be the cheating bastard or manipulative asshole that I am used to…
But they will have to lower their pace, take things slowly and give us a chance to get to know one another before we go from dating into a relationship.
Pause here. RomCom has 2 victims largely. Not just the sorta beta guy trying to "nice" his way onto a woman's radard.
It's also the THOT who thinks Chad will change

Chad, swimming in an ocean of pussy, simply decides the career woman that yells at him was a good one, and gives up his player ways.
RomCom logic hurts this woman by making her think the player will settle down.   If she's still in her 20s, oof good luck with that.

2) I will be more selective about the type of men I date
Fantastic  
I am done with toxic men. I can smell them a mile away now because they pretty much sum up my love life.

I am able to recognize all the red flags and all the warning signs.

I know I will get things wrong sometimes too. I know that there is a chance I will get hurt again but at least I will know what I should never put up with.
Clues: Men, when dealing with women they really want, don't have "reasons", "Stories", maybes, "idks", "I'm not sure where this is going."
She isn't a secret. She isn't hidden from the family, or facebook. She is public and for the world to see.
"This is my woman."

She isn't a stunner, but she isn't a landwhale. IME, she likely has had men interested in her, she's just been ignoring them.
The guys who she isn't really nice to, but message her the second she signs online.  
THAT ^ is what it looks like when a guy likes a lady.  

3) I will ignore the messages that come too late
I will resist the urge to answer a message that comes when it’s already too late. When my heart is broken and my dreams are shattered.
I will ignore messages that come late at night and that are clearly a booty call. I will never send a follow-up message after getting no reply.

Badboy leftovers.  
That's what this says.  If a man HAS dating options, he's very weary of this kind of woman.
No idea what kind of mileage and trauma she has.
She likely needs a therapist to work through a lot of this.

4) I won’t be anybody’s toy
Fantastic.
I am tired of playing games. I don’t want to be taken for granted or messed around with. The only way I will prevent that is if I don’t allow it.
I want someone who is consistent. Someone who texts, calls, shows up and makes time for me.

I don’t want empty promises or lame excuses. I want to know that somebody cares about me as much as I do for him.
So here's the sad thing, and why the sexualized culture stuff isn't victimless fun - it's idiocy we've normalized.

How many of those guys were calling her girlfriend? Making it public? Introduced her to the family?
She probably wasn't even in a relationship in many/most of these cases.

5) I won’t chase after love
There’s no point in chasing after love. Love has to go both ways. All the affection, attention and investments have to be reciprocated.
I am done being the one who gives more and gets nothing in return. I am done being with somebody and feeling alone.

I want someone who makes the efforts. Someone who matches my investments. Someone who cares and isn’t afraid to show it.
Another thing RomCom logic has hurt people with.
For men, most of the initial beauty pre-selection stuff is visual.  That's not what get's a woman married, not the only thing we love about her - but in order to get on her radar, we have to notice her and like what we see.

99 times out of 100, if a woman is "chasing" a man, she is not his type, not on his radar, it is beauty related and she often cannot fix it.  
Chasing men is a bad idea.
Chasing a "consensus pretty" man with dating options that's hoeing around? Even worse.
It's literally jumping IN FRONT of the shark to get yourself eaten.

I would also bet these guys she was "investing" in (whom she likely was not dating) were handsome with great game.
(ie: the guy every girl wants. )
She wasn't looking at a guy with bodyweight and a taste in clothes she doesn't like - both of those things are fixable.
She wasn't making a project out of a man who might actually like her and marry her, why do that when she can collect trauma and make more rules for the next guy?

6) I will be my own priority
It’s hard to admit but I used to lose sight of myself because of love. I was so focused on that other person.
Hormones. She had physical/chemical attraction.
From the sounds of it they did none of the boyfriend things.
Gifts, making her official, etc.
He was exciting. She figured her verbal tools were good, she is SomebodyTM, why wouldn't he stay? that is her level.

I was focused on their needs and forgot all about my own. And I repeated that same mistake more than once.
Badboy leftovers for sure.  
It took me a long while to realize that I am needed too, that I matter too and that I am worthy of love. But first, I have to give that same love to myself.
I rebuilt my life. I have my interests, dreams, and goals. I have a life. I know now that loving somebody should never exclude self-love, it should empower it.
This statement read as it is, hey okay. Self love is good. Self respect is great.
BUT to me this has the faint odor of becoming calcified.
This is what KS means when he talks about it.
She's getting "rules" built for her lifestyle.
Yes, she should be more restrictive about her mating in terms of: Not jumping on Chad.

What she shouldn't be doing: Decreasing her options pool of qualified men (which I would bet she has done), and creating checkboxes for those mates (Shrinking the pool), and conduct rules for good guys who might like her- because she hopped onto badboys.

THIS is what KS means when guys are looking for (usually younger) women who were more restrictive maters.
They don't want to fix this woman or deal with her conditions.

7) I will establish standards and hold on to them
I won’t tolerate being treated badly anymore. I know I deserve better. I won’t stick around when I know I have to walk away. I refuse to be strung along.
I would FUCKING BET that in the heat of the moment she called this all choice, and empowering, and told her female friends who were "Getting married too early" at 22 that they were wrong.
This is 100% the type of girl that does that.  

I won’t allow anybody to mess with my feelings and complicate my life. There is someone out there who will show me that love should never make me suffer.
I will add to this list as time goes by, I am sure. All I know is that with these new rules, things are already getting better.
I think women should be choosy maters, I will always support this.

However.... "I will add to this list as time goes by"
Calcification in progress.

The biggest takeaway is for her to have ONLY selected amongst emotionally committal men.
...oh wait, they're less handsome, less verbally bold, and don't dress as nice? Don't have the over-confidence? Oh ya don't say.  
OOPS! those are her real options.

BUT that might not have been what she's thinking about. IMHO she's "list-building", and often times this goes out of control.
But she might be best off being single a few years to figure that out. When this happens to women in the early 30s and they need "a few years to figure it out"?
The might figure it out at 34.

If she's too proud to date a man 5+ years older, her pool of men who might wife her and try for a kid in one year? Might be small if she isn't super attractive to that man she relaxed for.
Very sad in a way - I don't wish "missing out on having children" on people, it's a shitty thing. But if the timing is bad, and the "Several years to heal" process happens in the early to mid 30s?
poof, may not get to have kids. It happens.
Chance and life are awful sometimes.

I am more satisfied with myself and my life. And that’s where it all begins. Within me.
I am not closing myself off from love but I am guarding my heart for now. I am keeping it as safe as it can be until somebody who deserves a chance to be there comes along.
So she's traumatized pretty bad, IMHO.

Men want women who had the wisdom, early on, without being told - or figured it out quickly,
"Wait, this guy is not staying. He never talks about "us", he only calls at night, this is a problem." At an early age.

Those women have a clean carfax report, and it's insane to suggest that men don't recognize that and assign extra points .
Will it make a 3 into a 9? No.  It keeps a 9 a 9. Of the man who finds her attractive, she is of wife quality.

That gets you scooped off the market fast.

bolding mine

SHE BELONGS TO THE STREETS

"I sometimes admire myself, and all the women who have been in my shoes. We’ve fallen so many times but we find a way to rise again. Stronger, bolder and more determined to push forward."

She isn't a terrible cave troll, but she's not in that "pretty/beautiful/gorgeous" class.

She needs therapy and to understand what male attraction actually looks like Re: a man a woman would marry.
Then she needs to cope with the fact that these men are usually less sexy/player-esque than the men she couldn't have (and likely won't stay faithful to their wives anyway ).

the easiest way to deal with women like this is not to commit to them, and definitely don't marry them

chances are they haven't done the therapy and self-work to fix themselves and become good girlfriend/wife material

ohwell
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Im going to steal some pics of women and write articles that draw in the basement dwellers and mediocre men who thrive off this shit. I bet between ARF and Reddit, you could pull in some decent mailbox money.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I feel terrible for the next "nice guy" she suckers.

She's gonna reinvent herself, become the nice sweet girl, with noooo problems. Swindle the well-meaning average guy, get bored or upset, and stare at that list to remind herself "NO Leah! "No!"
View Quote
Often after marriage and children.  Then she'll take half his stuff and keep asking for more because she sucks with money.  She won't want to appear the villain to her kids so she'll make up lies about how this was all his fault.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/223987/43AB48DB-A779-4ECA-805B-66EE67074F48_png-1902954.JPG

A relationship expert huh ?

Sounds like you’re a relationship moron to me .
View Quote

Knowing what not to do isn't nothing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Yawn. Another chick who thinks she’s the heroine of some epic journey of discovery.

What makes them so pompous? Is it fathers treating them like princesses instead of responsible people?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Somebody call me
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yawn. Another chick who thinks she’s the heroine of some epic journey of discovery.

What makes them so pompous?
View Quote

Attention. Cheap dopamine from likes on Facebook, Instagram, tiktok, and dating apps plus a steady supply of beta orbiters.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Her post is earning her bucks. Just look at all the discussion she has generated here.
View Quote

She can't offer good advice. that would be the end of the column. Self-licking ice cream cone.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Must be good friends with Tomi Lahren!

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It works for men too. The pathetic little faggots they’re turning out now make the old dudes look like Odin.
View Quote

where are the fine examples of manhood you raised?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Everyone deserves to be treated well unless they have established they are not worthy of that. Thankfully she had already published her list of red flags and can now enjoy her cats company.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

the easiest way to deal with women like this is not to commit to them, and definitely don't marry them

chances are they haven't done the therapy and self-work to fix themselves and become good girlfriend/wife material

ohwell
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize that it is almost impossible to protect my heart completely but I am going to do my best to lower those odds of it getting broken.
One of the toughest truths to dating and coupling.  Chance is a real thing. There are odds, not guarantees.  

I sometimes admire myself, and all the women who have been in my shoes. We’ve fallen so many times but we find a way to rise again. Stronger, bolder and more determined to push forward.
Pause right here.
If she selected one of those guys, and put him in clothes she liked and got him a gym membership, she'd not only be happy, but she'd have a few kids running around.  

As you are building yourself up, you realize that you actually learned a lot from your experiences.
Hot take: I think she's used to chasing men above her SMV, and they're attractive and have game. "Fuck Boys", one might call them.

And though it’s not as simple as it sounds, sometimes it’s inevitable. There comes a point in every woman’s life where she has to demand to be treated as she deserves.
For women who found a good one early, realized what they had, and married early, she probably never had to say it.  

That’s why I established some new rules that I am sharing with you just in case you were or are heartbroken, as I once was:

Couldn't agree more.  
That’s one of the most important things to keep in mind but I seemed to lose track of it way too often.
LOL WAIT WUT  

Trust has to be earned. I know that not every guy will be the cheating bastard or manipulative asshole that I am used to…
But they will have to lower their pace, take things slowly and give us a chance to get to know one another before we go from dating into a relationship.
Pause here. RomCom has 2 victims largely. Not just the sorta beta guy trying to "nice" his way onto a woman's radard.

Chad, swimming in an ocean of pussy, simply decides the career woman that yells at him was a good one, and gives up his player ways.
RomCom logic hurts this woman by making her think the player will settle down.   If she's still in her 20s, oof good luck with that.

Fantastic  
I am done with toxic men. I can smell them a mile away now because they pretty much sum up my love life.

I know I will get things wrong sometimes too. I know that there is a chance I will get hurt again but at least I will know what I should never put up with.
Clues: Men, when dealing with women they really want, don't have "reasons", "Stories", maybes, "idks", "I'm not sure where this is going."
She isn't a secret. She isn't hidden from the family, or facebook. She is public and for the world to see.
"This is my woman."

She isn't a stunner, but she isn't a landwhale. IME, she likely has had men interested in her, she's just been ignoring them.
The guys who she isn't really nice to, but message her the second she signs online.  

I will resist the urge to answer a message that comes when it’s already too late. When my heart is broken and my dreams are shattered.
I will ignore messages that come late at night and that are clearly a booty call. I will never send a follow-up message after getting no reply.

Badboy leftovers.  
That's what this says.  If a man HAS dating options, he's very weary of this kind of woman.

Fantastic.
I am tired of playing games. I don’t want to be taken for granted or messed around with. The only way I will prevent that is if I don’t allow it.
I want someone who is consistent. Someone who texts, calls, shows up and makes time for me.

I don’t want empty promises or lame excuses. I want to know that somebody cares about me as much as I do for him.
So here's the sad thing, and why the sexualized culture stuff isn't victimless fun - it's idiocy we've normalized.

How many of those guys were calling her girlfriend? Making it public? Introduced her to the family?

There’s no point in chasing after love. Love has to go both ways. All the affection, attention and investments have to be reciprocated.
I am done being the one who gives more and gets nothing in return. I am done being with somebody and feeling alone.

I want someone who makes the efforts. Someone who matches my investments. Someone who cares and isn’t afraid to show it.
For men, most of the initial beauty pre-selection stuff is visual.  That's not what get's a woman married, not the only thing we love about her - but in order to get on her radar, we have to notice her and like what we see.

99 times out of 100, if a woman is "chasing" a man, she is not his type, not on his radar, it is beauty related and she often cannot fix it.  
Chasing a "consensus pretty" man with dating options that's hoeing around? Even worse.

I would also bet these guys she was "investing" in (whom she likely was not dating) were handsome with great game.
She wasn't looking at a guy with bodyweight and a taste in clothes she doesn't like - both of those things are fixable.
She wasn't making a project out of a man who might actually like her and marry her, why do that when she can collect trauma and make more rules for the next guy?

It’s hard to admit but I used to lose sight of myself because of love. I was so focused on that other person.
He was exciting. She figured her verbal tools were good, she is SomebodyTM, why wouldn't he stay? that is her level.

I was focused on their needs and forgot all about my own. And I repeated that same mistake more than once.
It took me a long while to realize that I am needed too, that I matter too and that I am worthy of love. But first, I have to give that same love to myself.
I rebuilt my life. I have my interests, dreams, and goals. I have a life. I know now that loving somebody should never exclude self-love, it should empower it.
This statement read as it is, hey okay. Self love is good. Self respect is great.
Yes, she should be more restrictive about her mating in terms of: Not jumping on Chad.

What she shouldn't be doing: Decreasing her options pool of qualified men (which I would bet she has done), and creating checkboxes for those mates (Shrinking the pool), and conduct rules for good guys who might like her- because she hopped onto badboys.

THIS is what KS means when guys are looking for (usually younger) women who were more restrictive maters.

I won’t tolerate being treated badly anymore. I know I deserve better. I won’t stick around when I know I have to walk away. I refuse to be strung along.
I would FUCKING BET that in the heat of the moment she called this all choice, and empowering, and told her female friends who were "Getting married too early" at 22 that they were wrong.

I won’t allow anybody to mess with my feelings and complicate my life. There is someone out there who will show me that love should never make me suffer.
I will add to this list as time goes by, I am sure. All I know is that with these new rules, things are already getting better.

The biggest takeaway is for her to have ONLY selected amongst emotionally committal men.
...oh wait, they're less handsome, less verbally bold, and don't dress as nice? Don't have the over-confidence? Oh ya don't say.  

BUT that might not have been what she's thinking about. IMHO she's "list-building", and often times this goes out of control.
But she might be best off being single a few years to figure that out. When this happens to women in the early 30s and they need "a few years to figure it out"?

If she's too proud to date a man 5+ years older, her pool of men who might wife her and try for a kid in one year? Might be small if she isn't super attractive to that man she relaxed for.
Very sad in a way - I don't wish "missing out on having children" on people, it's a shitty thing. But if the timing is bad, and the "Several years to heal" process happens in the early to mid 30s?

I am more satisfied with myself and my life. And that’s where it all begins. Within me.
I am not closing myself off from love but I am guarding my heart for now. I am keeping it as safe as it can be until somebody who deserves a chance to be there comes along.

Men want women who had the wisdom, early on, without being told - or figured it out quickly,
"Wait, this guy is not staying. He never talks about "us", he only calls at night, this is a problem." At an early age.

Those women have a clean carfax report, and it's insane to suggest that men don't recognize that and assign extra points .
Will it make a 3 into a 9? No.  It keeps a 9 a 9. Of the man who finds her attractive, she is of wife quality.

bolding mine

"I sometimes admire myself, and all the women who have been in my shoes. We’ve fallen so many times but we find a way to rise again. Stronger, bolder and more determined to push forward."

ohwell

That is true, that is the easiest way of dealing with them, by far
However with our declining birth rates, IF this lady can get herself emotionally fixed up?

Hey lets say you've got a dude that's 42, he was fat his whole life, whooooooole life, had to work on it.
Did, dropped weight, is now eligible to date. He largely had to fix just that.
He's got a good job, hobbies, etc. Would LOVE to have a wife, dude's basically been alone for 20+ years of his dating.
He'd love to have a kid too - saw all his friends go off and do that, he's going last.
Guy's just thrilled to be at the dance

Remember, women tend to have 1 offspring historically, men, 2 or none.

This lady at 35? Hey she might like living in a house and a dude that adores her. In the 9th round of the draft, I could 100% see this girl going off with someone suitable.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

However with our declining birth rates, IF this lady can get herself emotionally fixed up?

Hey lets say you've got a dude that's 42, he was fat his whole life, whooooooole life, had to work on it.
He's got a good job, hobbies, etc. Would LOVE to have a wife, dude's basically been alone for 20+ years of his dating.
He'd love to have a kid too - saw all his friends go off and do that, he's going last.

This lady at 35? Hey she might like living in a house and a dude that adores her. In the 9th round of the draft, I could 100% see this girl going off with someone suitable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pause right here.

Couldn't agree more.  
LOL WAIT WUT  

Fantastic  

"This is my woman."

Badboy leftovers.  

Fantastic.

bolding mine

ohwell

and because she (and the vast majority of others like her) hasn't gotten therapy and done self-work, chances are decent she'll end up divorcing him because she'll feel like she's settling DOWN and will be resentful of that

he's better off without her

if he's improved that much, chances are decent that he has better options
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
as I said in another thread, it's not that those women want Bad Boys, it's that they want an exciting man -- and Bad Boys are exciting.  Too many young men today were raised by single moms who raised them to be placid, quiet, and unexciting, basically chicks with dicks.

View Quote

I don't think it's bad boys or exciting men that they're after.

They want a man that can produce healthy offspring, and protect and provide for the family.  

What's the best indicator of whether a man can produce healthy offspring?  The same thing that indicates the ability to protect.  Physicality, strength, risk taking, youthfulness, etc.  They're all indicators of physical health, the ability to fight off predators, and the probability of fathering healthy children.

It's those things that make a woman melt, and the same reason they pick the wrong kind of guy.

Men do the same thing, just going the other way.  Picking the wrong gal because she trips your trigger.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

and because she (and the vast majority of others like her) hasn't gotten therapy and done self-work, chances are decent she'll end up divorcing him because she'll feel like she's settling DOWN and will be resentful of that

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pause right here.

Couldn't agree more.  
LOL WAIT WUT  

Fantastic  

"This is my woman."

Badboy leftovers.  

Fantastic.

bolding mine

ohwell

Aside from the "Levelled Up" her expectations her SMV via Muh W2 culture, this is one of the sadder things to see.
Women who look at a guy like she settled on him, when the reality is, that is the level that would marry her.

"haha I'm a cute blonde 7! Imma hold out for chad!"
Age 34.9 years old
"Hey heh-heh male Biffle, maybe we should try it?"
[They argue weekly]

A friend's telling me about this, their room-mate is going through it now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Aside from the "Levelled Up" her expectations her SMV via Muh W2 culture, this is one of the sadder things to see.
Women who look at a guy like she settled on him, when the reality is, that is the level that would marry her.

Age 34.9 years old
[They argue weekly]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pause right here.

Couldn't agree more.  
LOL WAIT WUT  

Fantastic  

"This is my woman."

Badboy leftovers.  

Fantastic.

bolding mine

ohwell

Age 34.9 years old
[They argue weekly]

"If you didn't want me in your prime, I don't want you in your decline"
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A relationship expert who can not manage to have a successful relationship. Ironic.
View Quote

Those who can, do.  Those who can't, teach.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

HO-LY-SHIT

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#19]
The fact is, ATTRACTION IS NOT A CHOICE.

You like what you like.

Women are typically hard-wired to like the bad boys.  

Also there is some co-dependency going on.  Can't have a bully without a willing victim.  Can't have a robber without willing victims.  Can't have an abuser without a willing victim.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It works for men too. The pathetic little faggots they’re turning out now make the old dudes look like Odin.

White knighting did young boys?

Looks like I hit a nerve.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You like what you like.

Also there is some co-dependency going on.  Can't have a bully without a willing victim.  Can't have a robber without willing victims.  Can't have an abuser without a willing victim.

View Quote

I disagree with all of that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Uhg, I can't stand what social media has done to women these days.  They all think they're some kind of godess worthy of worship and the best men because their mind gets demented by all the validation they get online.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

In my uneducated guess, I would think she has some sort of trauma or abuse in her past that leads her to seek out abusive or manipulative men who end up using her. That is assuming the men she's refering to are in fact abusive, manipulative or whatever..

Her needing to write it out as an affirmation to remind herself not to commit self harm tells me she has some form of addiction to it and a low sense of worth. She'll transform herself best she can, get someone who treats her well and will begin to doubt her worth and question why she deserves happiness. At the first sign of trouble she'll think she's going to be abandoned again and will act out by texting the stable of men she has to receive attention, which will lead to sex. Then she'll be caught in a cycle of guilt, substance abuse and low self esteem, that will lead to a break up.

Then she'll go fuck around again, then read her affirmations, and go find a new nice guy to play psychiatrist, maybe get herself knocked up for sure to lock him in.
View Quote

Have any stock picks? Because you're a fucking prophet!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You like what you like.

View Quote

If they're completely emotion driven and hard wired to want things they can't have it seems like letting them vote might have been a bad idea.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you hit nothing, my wife and I raised 2 fine sons who are anything but pathetic little faggots
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think you nailed it. She’s the female version of the “nice guy” who vows to implement PUA rules so he can have dating success.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My entire premise is that she is giving good advice, and people here are making a lot of assumptions about her while rejecting what she is saying out of hand. But it’s the same advice they say women should listen to, and that they give men.

They are attacking the source of the advice not because the advice is bad, but because...reasons? This is stuff that should be out there, and phrased in a way that makes it relatable to the audience that needs to hear it. And this is bad because...?

The advice is bad.  She thinks she’s been picking the wrong guys and can now pick the right ones.  She completely misses the point that her behavior drives his.  Her plan is to continue her bad choices but behave even worse.   Ask the people in 20+ year relationships who they put first.   They’ll prob all tell you that putting yourself first would give you zero chance of success.  

What that girl needs is an arranged marriage.

No, because the character she’s portraying has stated over and over that she doesn’t know how to have a healthy relationship. She (if she’s a she and not a happily married 50 year old father of three copywriter) stated all kinds of relationship killing harsh rules for not getting hurt anymore.

Eh, the “rules” aren’t all that harsh.

1. Build on a foundation of trust.
2. Be selective.
3. Don’t put up with those petty PUA games or be a booty call.
4. See rule #3.
5. See rule #3.
6. Figure out what she wants in life rather than just being a +1.
7. Don’t be strung along and maintain boundaries.

The character may not know how to have a healthy relationship, but the ‘rules’ aren’t terrible for avoiding a clearly unhealthy one.

Her rules struck me as unforgiving and quick to shitcan a man for not texting back fast enough.

She sounds like she’s ready to be an insufferable hardass and punish her future men for the transgressions of the previous ones.

I wouldn’t go near her.

I could see that. But after reading all the PUA nonsense about only communicating once for every 3-4 times a woman reaches out, making sure to wait X days between communication, and all those other stupid ‘rules’ for gaming women, I’d be wary of anything that smacked of PUA games. Major red flag.

I think you nailed it. She’s the female version of the “nice guy” who vows to implement PUA rules so he can have dating success.

Ironically...there is a Reddit for that...women faking being wifey to land a man...

It's comical how it gets spun to "I am not really like this but I pretend to like XYZ that my high value man likes because I want to marry him"...as if that will end well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Attention. Cheap dopamine from likes on Facebook, Instagram, tiktok, and dating apps plus a steady supply of beta orbiters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What makes them so pompous?

Plus either absent dad or weak dad
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Y’all make an awful lot of assumptions and judgements about a woman writing a blog about doing the exact thing y’all say women should do, and that you council men to do.
View Quote

Yeah.  I wish her luck.  True change must come from within - she has to admit to herself WHY she lived the way she doesn't like.  Not just WHY she doesn't like the results.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They want a man that can produce healthy offspring, and protect and provide for the family.  

What's the best indicator of whether a man can produce healthy offspring?  The same thing that indicates the ability to protect.  Physicality, strength, risk taking, youthfulness, etc.  They're all indicators of physical health, the ability to fight off predators, and the probability of fathering healthy children.

It's those things that make a woman melt, and the same reason they pick the wrong kind of guy.

Men do the same thing, just going the other way.  Picking the wrong gal because she trips your trigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
as I said in another thread, it's not that those women want Bad Boys, it's that they want an exciting man -- and Bad Boys are exciting.  Too many young men today were raised by single moms who raised them to be placid, quiet, and unexciting, basically chicks with dicks.

Women generally want both: a man that makes them tingle and a man that makes them feel safe and secure.

The intelligent woman seeks both in the same man.

The trainwreck woman seeks a separate man for each.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:01:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is gonna leave a mark!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Meanwhile, the actual good solid guy is STILL sitting at home trying to figure out why he can't find anyone decent.

BTW, if yall dont think she is attractive, well, go give your boyfriend a kiss.....

View Quote

If he is LUCKY , he is sitting at home.

If nto, he is sitting at a Starbucks or a Red Lobster, by himeself, for 2 hours, waiting on a "date" that never shows up.

BUT:  free sympathy dessert!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

you hit nothing, my wife and I raised 2 fine sons who are anything but pathetic little faggots
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So why are you upset?

Your boys will be as gods in this new world.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't necessarily endorse it (the species would die out in 1 generation ), but say the following phrase to a party girl who is ~35 and settling down, and you might as well throw a bucket of snakes on her lap

"No hymen no diamond."
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:05:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ironically...there is a Reddit for that...women faking being wifey to land a man...

It's comical how it gets spun to "I am not really like this but I pretend to like XYZ that my high value man likes because I want to marry him"...as if that will end well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My entire premise is that she is giving good advice, and people here are making a lot of assumptions about her while rejecting what she is saying out of hand. But it’s the same advice they say women should listen to, and that they give men.

They are attacking the source of the advice not because the advice is bad, but because...reasons? This is stuff that should be out there, and phrased in a way that makes it relatable to the audience that needs to hear it. And this is bad because...?

The advice is bad.  She thinks she’s been picking the wrong guys and can now pick the right ones.  She completely misses the point that her behavior drives his.  Her plan is to continue her bad choices but behave even worse.   Ask the people in 20+ year relationships who they put first.   They’ll prob all tell you that putting yourself first would give you zero chance of success.  

What that girl needs is an arranged marriage.

No, because the character she’s portraying has stated over and over that she doesn’t know how to have a healthy relationship. She (if she’s a she and not a happily married 50 year old father of three copywriter) stated all kinds of relationship killing harsh rules for not getting hurt anymore.

Eh, the “rules” aren’t all that harsh.

1. Build on a foundation of trust.
2. Be selective.
3. Don’t put up with those petty PUA games or be a booty call.
4. See rule #3.
5. See rule #3.
6. Figure out what she wants in life rather than just being a +1.
7. Don’t be strung along and maintain boundaries.

The character may not know how to have a healthy relationship, but the ‘rules’ aren’t terrible for avoiding a clearly unhealthy one.

Her rules struck me as unforgiving and quick to shitcan a man for not texting back fast enough.

She sounds like she’s ready to be an insufferable hardass and punish her future men for the transgressions of the previous ones.

I wouldn’t go near her.

I could see that. But after reading all the PUA nonsense about only communicating once for every 3-4 times a woman reaches out, making sure to wait X days between communication, and all those other stupid ‘rules’ for gaming women, I’d be wary of anything that smacked of PUA games. Major red flag.

Lol. That’s been going on long before Reddit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#37]

That man is so wholesome. Dying of laughter over some cooking pans
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't know which is funnier, his original story of the lost cooking pans or the software industry parodies.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't necessarily endorse it (the species would die out in 1 generation ), but say the following phrase to a party girl who is ~35 and settling down, and you might as well throw a bucket of snakes on her lap

"No hymen no diamond."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"No hymen no diamond."

I could see that
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Y’all make an awful lot of assumptions and judgements about a woman writing a blog about doing the exact thing y’all say women should do, and that you council men to do.
View Quote

Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You like what you like.

View Quote

I disagree with that bold part.  I agree they tend to like exciting men, and bad boys are exciting, but bad boys are merely one subset of the totality of exciting men.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#42]
You go gurl...you’ll flake on the first guy that treats you nice to go give somebody head who’s ignored you or told you tit pics or gtfo on their first message.

Enjoy your walk of shame.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I disagree with that bold part.  I agree they tend to like exciting men, and bad boys are exciting, but bad boys are merely one subset of the totality of exciting men.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You like what you like.

My man is not a bad boy. Never has been.

He excites me beyond words.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You like what you like.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#45]

ETA: he sells merch with just the words "SHE BELONGS TO THE STREETS"
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Occasionally I lose my mind and think, "I'm going to go visit PlaneJane."  Then I realize I'm too scared.
View Quote

I’m too old and tired and married to be a threat to anyone now.  But back in my sporting days, I would have tied you up and forced you lecture me on aeronautical engineering until I was all hot and bothered, then I would have had my way with you.  I still get a little tingle when I remember you explaining “smoking rivets” to me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just because there’s apps, do you have to use them? Because even with the young people I know who use apps to get dinner paid for, they still rely on in-person meetings of friends of friends to get boyfriends and girlfriends.

I’ll never date again, but if I were looking for a man, I’d use in-person social networking 80s style to do do it. I’d go do things where men are like the range and classic car meetups.

I just don’t get this idea that now apps are the only way to meet a love interest.

Maybe I’m very old and out of touch.
View Quote

Most everyone I know (mid 20s and 40s) are using apps. Maybe it is different when you are in college it is a completely different thing. At one of my client's, I became very friendly with an employee. She is now married to a guy that is Bradley Cooper's doppelgänger (this is how we started our friendship since I asked her how did she know Bradley Cooper from the photos on her desk). I remember asking her later how diid they meet, she was like Tinder. They just had their first child. She was 24 or 25 at the time.

For myself I was not going to meet someone a more traditional way. I travel (historically) a lot for work. I don't work in an office. The clients I work for tend to be in different time zones, and I am not going to try and develop a long distance relationship. I don't go to bars, clubs, etc. I don't like social drinking, etc. So... its not like I was just going to meet someone organically.

Personally, I found apps to be whatever you want to make out of them. Sure you wade through crap, but if I were going to meet people out in the wild is that really any different? At least people tend to show themselves pretty early on an app and I could quickly close that out and move on.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#48]

My man Ricky aint no simp
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I’m too old and tired and married to be a threat to anyone now.  But back in my sporting days, I would have tied you up and forced you lecture me on aeronautical engineering until I was all hot and bothered, then I would have had my way with you.  I still get a little tingle when I remember you explaining “smoking rivets” to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Occasionally I lose my mind and think, "I'm going to go visit PlaneJane."  Then I realize I'm too scared.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Most everyone I know (mid 20s and 40s) are using apps. Maybe it is different when you are in college it is a completely different thing. At one of my client's, I became very friendly with an employee. She is now married to a guy that is Bradley Cooper's doppelgänger (this is how we started our friendship since I asked her how did she know Bradley Cooper from the photos on her desk). I remember asking her later how diid they meet, she was like Tinder. They just had their first child. She was 24 or 25 at the time.

For myself I was not going to meet someone a more traditional way. I travel (historically) a lot for work. I don't work in an office. The clients I work for tend to be in different time zones, and I am not going to try and develop a long distance relationship. I don't go to bars, clubs, etc. I don't like social drinking, etc. So... its not like I was just going to meet someone organically.

Personally, I found apps to be whatever you want to make out of them. Sure you wade through crap, but if I were going to meet people out in the wild is that really any different? At least people tend to show themselves pretty early on an app and I could quickly close that out and move on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just because there’s apps, do you have to use them? Because even with the young people I know who use apps to get dinner paid for, they still rely on in-person meetings of friends of friends to get boyfriends and girlfriends.

I’ll never date again, but if I were looking for a man, I’d use in-person social networking 80s style to do do it. I’d go do things where men are like the range and classic car meetups.

I just don’t get this idea that now apps are the only way to meet a love interest.

Maybe I’m very old and out of touch.

The only single female coworker I know that doesn’t use apps only sleeps with her coworkers. But she’s a train wreck. The rest are on hinge, bumble, seeking, pof, Tinder...
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top