Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This right here... she says she can see toxic men and the red flags from a mile away, yet no examples.  Whatsoever.

It's just generic crap she can pump out for more views.  Not that there's anything wrong with her making a living.  But it is what it is, just generic fluff not worth much.

What are these red flags to look out for?  What qualities make men toxic?  Now that would be extremely valuable to her audience.

*ETA: It's also what makes us doubt she really knows.  
The core of her problem is highly likely due to the fact that it's far, far easier and commonplace for women to be able to fuck guys that are much above them in SMV.  But those guys aren't interested in a long term relationship.  It's far more difficult for a dude to land a woman above their SMV and doesn't happen very often.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All can be 5 or 105. You have no frame of reference.

That is what was pointed out, this woman gives no frame of reference, no concrete examples, no touchstones; it is just generic crap that has been pumped out for years in magazines and online.

She wrote a broad-based, all-encompassing article to APPEAL to as many women as possible without giving real examples, which she apparently claims to have.

All relationships are different as every person is different.  Needs, desires and boundaries all vary from person to person.  Writing a collectivist type article to apply the same advice to all individuals is not really all that helpful.  

I know plenty of women that read such articles, but also continued to go down the same poor choices with men route for years.  But the articles and advice they sought and listened to was all this generic pablum that gets clicks for the author, and is eminently quotable and tweetable, but when has real value for the individual seeking real help ever been derived from soundbite psychology?

This right here... she says she can see toxic men and the red flags from a mile away, yet no examples.  Whatsoever.

It's just generic crap she can pump out for more views.  Not that there's anything wrong with her making a living.  But it is what it is, just generic fluff not worth much.

What are these red flags to look out for?  What qualities make men toxic?  Now that would be extremely valuable to her audience.

*ETA: It's also what makes us doubt she really knows.  
The core of her problem is highly likely due to the fact that it's far, far easier and commonplace for women to be able to fuck guys that are much above them in SMV.  But those guys aren't interested in a long term relationship.  It's far more difficult for a dude to land a woman above their SMV and doesn't happen very often.

Maybe that’ll be the next blog post.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Y’all make an awful lot of assumptions and judgements about a woman writing a blog about doing the exact thing y’all say women should do, and that you council men to do.
View Quote

Meh, an "expert" who gives bad advice and realizes it, but doesn't understand the root cause isn't much of an expert and deserves the criticism.  Most women aren't honest and many try to trap someone into a relationship and play the victim card when it doesn't work out.  As I told my daughter and my son (looking for a good girl), is find someone honest with themselves; those are the ones you can trust.  Women are ugly when they're spiteful and blame all their life-problems on everything or everyone else yet never look in the mirror of introspection.  Most women these days want that fairytale relationship which simply doesn't exist.  Prince charming is rarely charming for long and Mr. Poor may actually be charming, but money and status is more important than love...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My entire premise is that she is giving good advice, and people here are making a lot of assumptions about her while rejecting what she is saying out of hand. But it’s the same advice they say women should listen to, and that they give men.

They are attacking the source of the advice not because the advice is bad, but because...reasons? This is stuff that should be out there, and phrased in a way that makes it relatable to the audience that needs to hear it. And this is bad because...?
View Quote

The advice is bad.  She thinks she’s been picking the wrong guys and can now pick the right ones.  She completely misses the point that her behavior drives his.  Her plan is to continue her bad choices but behave even worse.   Ask the people in 20+ year relationships who they put first.   They’ll prob all tell you that putting yourself first would give you zero chance of success.  

What that girl needs is an arranged marriage.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Her: "I am just exhausted from going through the same scenarios all over again."

"I am done with toxic men. I can smell them a mile away now because they pretty much sum up my love life."

Sound like it was far more than one boyfriend.
View Quote

Yeah, sounds like a trend. Instead of looking for the common denominator, she wants to blame the guys
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’m guessing at least in part, this is a revenue generator for her. So she’s monetizing her advice and phrasing it in the form of a personal narrative/letter to herself to make herself more authentic to her intended audience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fail to see any unreasonable expectations here.

The red flag for me if I saw her profile when I was single is the fact she felt the need to post this at all.

I’m guessing at least in part, this is a revenue generator for her. So she’s monetizing her advice and phrasing it in the form of a personal narrative/letter to herself to make herself more authentic to her intended audience.

If I was writing pop-psych copy for money, I’d do it just like that. I’d invent a sad dating history and inspirational self improvement drivel.

Then I’d put on my male persona and do the same for male oriented media.

None of this shit OP posts sounds real or sincere. It’s click bait drivel.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:02:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The advice is bad.  She thinks she’s been picking the wrong guys and can now pick the right ones.  She completely misses the point that her behavior drives his.  Her plan is to continue her bad choices but behave even worse.   Ask the people in 20+ year relationships who they put first.   They’ll prob all tell you that putting yourself first would give you zero chance of success.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My entire premise is that she is giving good advice, and people here are making a lot of assumptions about her while rejecting what she is saying out of hand. But it’s the same advice they say women should listen to, and that they give men.

They are attacking the source of the advice not because the advice is bad, but because...reasons? This is stuff that should be out there, and phrased in a way that makes it relatable to the audience that needs to hear it. And this is bad because...?

Sounded like she acknowledged that to me, and that she was resolving to change her behavior patterns going forward.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll judge the fuck out of someone that has had the title of "relationship expert" and gets PAID to give advice, and only now is starting to realize her method of having relationships is damaging and unhealthy.  

I get paid to design software and project manage.

If I did a terrible job for years and delivered shitty products, I would not expect praise and adulation for realizing hitting deadlines is actually important.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y’all make an awful lot of assumptions and judgements about a woman writing a blog about doing the exact thing y’all say women should do, and that you council men to do.

I'll judge the fuck out of someone that has had the title of "relationship expert" and gets PAID to give advice, and only now is starting to realize her method of having relationships is damaging and unhealthy.  

I get paid to design software and project manage.

If I did a terrible job for years and delivered shitty products, I would not expect praise and adulation for realizing hitting deadlines is actually important.

You get judged on a product. Her product is talking shit. You can judge her copy, but it’s not going to be an accurate representation of her. She could be a dude for all we know.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sounded like she acknowledged that to me, and that she was resolving to change her behavior patterns going forward.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope she can. I wish her and all women like her the best.

But she fails to realize she needs to address the deeper issues that have caused her bad choices. She is like an addict who says it is the drugs’ fault for making her pick them.

ETA assuming she is not making it all up.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You are white-knighting like hell for this woman. This has nothing to do with capitalism, and the fact that you are going down that road to try to disprove my opinion makes it plain that you will not be critical of this person, their motives or their "credentials"; and you will not allow criticism of her from anyone else, particularly men.

ETA: The woman I have been in a relationship with for the last 10 years, also saw this the way I do, unbidden and of her own opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s not “preying on.” That’s monetizing advice. Good advice in this case. Everyone loves capitalism until it’s time to do capitalism things.

You are white-knighting like hell for this woman. This has nothing to do with capitalism, and the fact that you are going down that road to try to disprove my opinion makes it plain that you will not be critical of this person, their motives or their "credentials"; and you will not allow criticism of her from anyone else, particularly men.

ETA: The woman I have been in a relationship with for the last 10 years, also saw this the way I do, unbidden and of her own opinion.

So your woman is as naive and gullible as you are about the Internet and the people in it, lol.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If I was writing pop-psych copy for money, I’d do it just like that. I’d invent a sad dating history and inspirational self improvement drivel.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The red flag for me if I saw her profile when I was single is the fact she felt the need to post this at all.

Well, yeah.

It sells. Just look how popular those red pill blogs are. Monetized pop-psychology that feeds egos and generates revenue.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, because the character she’s portraying has stated over and over that she doesn’t know how to have a healthy relationship. She (if she’s a she and not a happily married 50 year old father of three copywriter) stated all kinds of relationship killing harsh rules for not getting hurt anymore.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, yeah.

It sells. Just look how popular those red pill blogs are. Monetized pop-psychology that feeds egos and generates revenue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, yeah.

I wonder if I shouldn’t try to monetize my liberal child rearing advice from my countless years as a mother of 6 in Chicago where I’m very politically active with my life partner Janice and our 2 Great Pyrenees at our lovely craftsman style house?

I mean people believe all kinds of shit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So your woman is as naive and gullible as you are about the Internet and the people in it, lol.
View Quote

From a superficial "I will trust that the author is representing themselves honestly"; how is our evaluation incorrect? (and insult me, but be careful about insulting her)

From a more pessimistic perspective, if you think (and it is entirely a possibility) that the author is fully misrepresenting herself and her experiences; then the superficial evaluation is incorrect and the situation is far worse than it is at first glance.

At this point, unless proven otherwise, I believe the author is at best a vampire that uses generic bait to gain followers and revenue, but thinks she is actually helping people.  It could be a fat dude in a basement running algorithms to create bullshit articles to make money, pure and simple; with zero thought about helping anyone.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
She'll be back to the bad boys on Tinder on Friday night,  getting some dick.

Kharn
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I feel terrible for the next "nice guy" she suckers.

She's gonna reinvent herself, become the nice sweet girl, with noooo problems. Swindle the well-meaning average guy, get bored or upset, and stare at that list to remind herself "NO Leah! "No!"
View Quote

She will meet some nice guy and get married.  Then she will cheat like crazy on him getting the bad boy cock that she craved all along.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#18]
so basically she rode the carousel of cawk and is ready to settle down with a simp.  i'm sure her baby dad Jamal will be fun to deal with
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#19]
relationship expert

hopefully she means it and has found the flaws in her ways if she really wants to settle down. in reality i'd bet shes two glasses of wine away from choosing her friday night plans from the dick pics she gets on tinder.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

She will meet some nice guy and get married.  Then she will cheat like crazy on him getting the bad boy cock that she craved all along.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel terrible for the next "nice guy" she suckers.

She's gonna reinvent herself, become the nice sweet girl, with noooo problems. Swindle the well-meaning average guy, get bored or upset, and stare at that list to remind herself "NO Leah! "No!"

nice guys finish last, ie divorce court
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#21]
There are a lot of incels and virgins on this site.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote
Fpni
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Typically, men doing this don’t have, but yearn for female companionship.

View Quote

lol.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No, because the character she’s portraying has stated over and over that she doesn’t know how to have a healthy relationship. She (if she’s a she and not a happily married 50 year old father of three copywriter) stated all kinds of relationship killing harsh rules for not getting hurt anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, the “rules” aren’t all that harsh.

1. Build on a foundation of trust.
2. Be selective.
3. Don’t put up with those petty PUA games or be a booty call.
4. See rule #3.
5. See rule #3.
6. Figure out what she wants in life rather than just being a +1.
7. Don’t be strung along and maintain boundaries.

The character may not know how to have a healthy relationship, but the ‘rules’ aren’t terrible for avoiding a clearly unhealthy one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typically, men doing this don’t have, but yearn for female companionship.

lol.

bluepill rage

how dare we dissent
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

2. Be selective.
4. See rule #3.
5. See rule #3.

The character may not know how to have a healthy relationship, but the ‘rules’ aren’t terrible for avoiding a clearly unhealthy one.
View Quote

Those are actually great rules.

Trust should never be given, only earned.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:48:28 AM EDT
[#27]
We all started out as nice guys but chicks like her trained us to be assholes.

The guy she says she's looking for gets friend-zoned a few times early on and turns into the guy she says she's been banging.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Absolutely. Goes both ways, I am in this stage right now. Have made very poor choices in women and suffered greatly for it. It's hard to accept that you made a mistake when people console you on how bad she screwed you over and give adulation for raising your kids by yourself. It's easy to say "see, she was whacked". It's hard to admit, you chose her.

I chose them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It takes a certain self-awareness for women to realize they are not actually victims of any man but victims to their own poor judgment and bad choices. It's easier to shift the blame onto the objects of their desire than it is for them to accept that they would rather have the danger and excitement than the stable and the boring.

Until they come to understand that, they will be doomed to repeat their own toxic patterns and blame anyone else but themselves for it.

Absolutely. Goes both ways, I am in this stage right now. Have made very poor choices in women and suffered greatly for it. It's hard to accept that you made a mistake when people console you on how bad she screwed you over and give adulation for raising your kids by yourself. It's easy to say "see, she was whacked". It's hard to admit, you chose her.

I chose them.

Yup. Self-awareness can be a stone bitch sometimes, but it's instructive.

I've made terrible, terrible choices over the years, and paid dearly for all of them. Now, I'm with a wonderful woman who treats me like a king, and it humbles me to the core. She's hell on wheels with rifle or pistol, and we get along like gangbusters. This is what relationships are supposed to be like, it just took me a lot over "over the river and through the woods" to find it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

2. Be selective.
4. See rule #3.
5. See rule #3.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Be selective.
4. See rule #3.
5. See rule #3.

Her rules struck me as unforgiving and quick to shitcan a man for not texting back fast enough.

She sounds like she’s ready to be an insufferable hardass and punish her future men for the transgressions of the previous ones.

I wouldn’t go near her.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#30]
The ubiquitous nature of her woeful story is basically why I kind of go against the AR15.com grain, and advise younger people to just find a good one early, grab her (or him, for the 4 females who read here), and get married young.  

I know I know, trainwrecks and problems.  But here's the deal "all the good ones get taken FAST"  and THAT is the most true thing on the planet Earth.  Sophmore to Sr level in College is where you should find The One, and roll with it.  It also means YOU need to commit as well.  But do that, and you've got the best shot you're ever going to have for an undamaged solid one without bullshit baggage like this chick.   Other option is to wait and pick up one a decade later, who also prioritized partying for that extra decade; or otherwise damaged from bad decisions - meaning she (or he) makes bad decisions.  One that no-one else has already taken, who's got a lifetime of habitual bad decisions like this one.  That's better than just rolling the dice and shooting for an undamaged one early?  

Not saying there aren't any great 35 year olds to be had.  Or great divorced 40 year olds - they are certainly out there.  Just that she isn't one of them.  And she's your more common typical example (actually, she's about 30lb lighter than typical - making this mediocre baggage-of-problems selection of a 6-7, self-appraise at a solid 9).

Just my take.  The older I get, the more I realize the wisdom of arranged marriages .

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Be selective.
4. See rule #3.
5. See rule #3.

Naamah’s paraphrasing looks absolutely reasonable. The original, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#32]
When you prioritize "in the moment" fun or instand gratification, you make shit decisions.  No fucking duh.  Sorry that society encourages you make such stupid choices, but in the end your choices are always your own.  Go slam into that wall like a good hoe, now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The guy she says she's looking for gets friend-zoned a few times early on and turns into the guy she says she's been banging.
View Quote

And dicks trained her to be a cunt. Dicks and cunts belong together. She should stay with the bad boys.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well, yeah.

View Quote

Even better if they’re from attractive ‘conservative women’, the Peanut Gallery eats that shit up.

“She’s hot and she’s one of us!!”

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not. She wrote about establishing boundaries and expectations, about not allowing herself to be used and manipulated and deceived. I think those are a good start. Don't we council men here to do the same thing?
View Quote
Formerly, societal norms were in place to establish these boundaries and expectations.
Different societies had different norms, but no society heretofore has operated as we now do, in a chaotic free for all.
It seemed to have something to do the stability required to actually continue a civilization from one generation to the next.
Oh, well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Maybe, maybe not. She wrote about establishing boundaries and expectations, about not allowing herself to be used and manipulated and deceived. I think those are a good start. Don’t we council men here to do the same thing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like she realized what most women realize at some point or another.

Maybe it just took her a bit longer.

To realize SHE is the problem and not the guys she is into dating?

No, she hasn't figured out that yet.

Maybe, maybe not. She wrote about establishing boundaries and expectations, about not allowing herself to be used and manipulated and deceived. I think those are a good start. Don’t we council men here to do the same thing?

She’s still deceiving herself. She can’t tell the difference between a bad boy and a high value man with a mission and a busy life. Because their behavior is similar although their reasons are different. If some high value man is foolish enough to chose her, she won’t have a chance with him. She will instead settle for a boring nice guy loser that meets her newly established standards. Eventually she will grow bored and cheat on him with a “bad boy”.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Her rules struck me as unforgiving and quick to shitcan a man for not texting back fast enough.

She sounds like she’s ready to be an insufferable hardass and punish her future men for the transgressions of the previous ones.

I wouldn’t go near her.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Be selective.
4. See rule #3.
5. See rule #3.

I wouldn’t go near her.

I could see that. But after reading all the PUA nonsense about only communicating once for every 3-4 times a woman reaches out, making sure to wait X days between communication, and all those other stupid ‘rules’ for gaming women, I’d be wary of anything that smacked of PUA games. Major red flag.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:59:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

After she lands that perfect Beta she deserves. AFBB.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
My experience indicates that nice guys very often finish first, surrounded by a loving family.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And dicks trained her to be a cunt. Dicks and cunts belong together. She should stay with the bad boys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.

She doesn't deserve a "good guy."
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I could see that. But after reading all the PUA nonsense about only communicating once for every 3-4 times a woman reaches out, making sure to wait X days between communication, and all those other stupid ‘rules’ for gaming women, I’d be wary of anything that smacked of PUA games. Major red flag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Be selective.
4. See rule #3.
5. See rule #3.

I wouldn’t go near her.

I think you nailed it. She’s the female version of the “nice guy” who vows to implement PUA rules so he can have dating success.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My experience indicates that nice guys very often finish first, surrounded by a loving family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every now and then you meet a man who wins at life without treating others like shit.

I've met one of the richest men in Montana and he was nice as hell.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

She does give examples. Such as late night texts. Which she discounts as always booty calls. It looks like she can’t tell the difference between a late night text from a loser who played video games all day vs a guy that just finished a 16-hour work day and finally has time to talk. Both feed her hypergamous nature but she’s not self aware enough to understand why and identify the difference.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#45]

Nice guys don't finish last.  They don't finish at all.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:07:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. Be selective.
4. See rule #3.
5. See rule #3.

I wouldn’t go near her.

PUA games are head-games designed to manipulate women for the purpose of the pickup artists getting laid.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

My perception is that the language has changed. If you dig into it, it turns out that the definition (for the most part) of "a nice guy" for Boomers and Gen X is VERY different from the pop-culture definition of "a nice guy" today for Millennials and Zoomers.

Nice Guy way back in the day:  courteous, polite, respectful, but not a pushover.  Economically self-sufficient and independent.  Looking for a life partner for a long-term relationship based on mutual respect.

Nice Guy today:  worships women, treats them like queens, would lick their boots if asked, and somehow thinks this leads to her being his willing sexbot and companion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Author: Leah Lee. "relationship expert"

I bet she's not married...
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I think our female members might be unaware that single women aquire dick, regularly, while pursuing a relationship.

She’s fucking her fuck buddies and picking up guys at the club or bar while making her potential boyfriend wait X number of dates. The male equivalent of this behavior would be her potential boyfriend being in a relationship with an actual wife or girlfriend while dating her.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My perception is that the language has changed. If you dig into it, it turns out that the definition (for the most part) of "a nice guy" for Boomers and Gen X is VERY different from the pop-culture definition of "a nice guy" today for Millennials and Zoomers.

Nice Guy way back in the day:  courteous, polite, respectful, but not a pushover.  Economically self-sufficient and independent.  Looking for a life partner for a long-term relationship based on mutual respect.

Nice Guy today:  worships women, treats them like queens, would lick their boots if asked, and somehow thinks this leads to her being his willing sexbot and companion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty much

nice guy = guy who thinks treating women in a traditional manner (buying them dinner, gifts etc) works in Current Year

aka beta simp provider
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top