Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2001 2:12:20 PM EDT
If you ever wondered who is safer, CCW holders or cops, a new report from the police themselves will show you who. News at the "piggy bank" icon at:
National CCW Reciprocity Foundation
http://www.NationalCCW.com
or
http://www.homestead.com/njccw/nationalccw.html
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
What if the Gun Toter happens to also be a COP??
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
toters, they carry because they want too, not because they have too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gun Toter:
What if the Gun Toter happens to also be a COP??
View Quote

You beat me to it...  Damn LEO's! [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait I am trying to do the math.

How many CCW holders are there actually carrying?
VS
How many cops?

I am thinking that by shear numbers alone the CCW holders have better odds at being safer.

Hunter out...

Link Posted: 5/22/2001 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#5]
A large part of why this is true is because cops and armed citizens confront people with guns under different circumstances.  An armed citizen is likely to pull his weapon only if he and his family (sorry to the ladies, I use the male pronoun only for convenience)are directly threatened by a bad guy.  Not much doubt in these cases who the bad guy is.  Cops have to go on 'armed person', robbery, rape, ect. calls all the time where they don't know who's who until after they arrive.  In many of these cases people make mistakes that get them shot.
Link Posted: 5/22/2001 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I have to agree with Mindhunter on this one.  What are the numbers of CHL holders nationwide compared to LEO's?  Obviously the number of LEO's are alot greater than CHL holders.  

On a seperate note I just sent off paperwork to get my CHL and me being a LEO it's only going to cost me $25.00 and I don't even have to shoot the shooting part if I don't want.  DAMN LEO'S we do have it good at times!!!!!  I can't wait to get it then I can buy a frigging firearm immediately without the stupid instant check and I can pack legally on my person in the other several states we have reciprocity with.  GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I think you are missing the point of the story. What is being said is that about 1,000 cops committed more crimes than do almost a million CCW holder in 3 large states. That is a sad state of affairs between citzens and the cops.
Link Posted: 5/24/2001 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want a prime recent example, consider that cop in Ohio who trying a 47 car runaway train by shooting at it. It certainly makes me feel better knowing that guy is on the beat. NOT! I wonder what would have happened to one of us mere "cinilians" had we performed such a moronic act.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top