Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 242
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chauvin has no chance........the cororner said Floyd had fatal levels of fentanyl in him but didn't go as far as saying he died from it.

That will nail Chauvin in this political climate........he has no chance of acquittal.

Chauvin's only hope would have been if he was black.
View Quote

Let's run a hypothetical here:

You a juror and instructed by the judge that the DA is required to prove all elements of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt.

Evidence shows victim had a blood concentration of drugs which is "often" seen in OD deaths.

Obviously there is _way_ more to it, but lets keep it simple.  You assume that the when picked at random not even 8% of the population are honest and open minded enough to realize that this fact and the burden of proof don't compute because of liberal bias.  But the fact is 27% of the votes for Pres went to Trump.

Murder is simply going to be damned hard to prove, and made harder by over charging. He may well catch a manslaughter conviction IDK, but the murder charge seems like a steep hill to climb.  

I say 75% chance of hung jury on murder.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You a juror and instructed by the judge that the DA is required to prove all elements of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt.

Evidence shows victim had a blood concentration of drugs which is "often" seen in OD deaths.

Obviously there is _way_ more to it, but lets keep it simple.  You assume that the when picked at random not even 8% of the population are honest and open minded enough to realize that this fact and the burden of proof don't compute because of liberal bias.  But the fact is 27% of the votes for Pres went to Trump.

Murder is simply going to be damned hard to prove, and made harder by over charging. He may well catch a manslaughter conviction IDK, but the murder charge seems like a steep hill to climb.  

View Quote

You could be right..........manslaughter at best though IMHO.

Is manslaughter "murder"........not really sure.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:52:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Couldnt
care
less
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A 10/22 with 87 rounds and a half loaded .38 to a much more suited system

No, but really I'm covered. Just making sure my backups have backups, I have fresh water in my hydration bladder, thermal battery is charged and optics/NVG/WML/IR Laser batteries are fresh.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what to what?

A 10/22 with 87 rounds and a half loaded .38 to a much more suited system

No, but really I'm covered. Just making sure my backups have backups, I have fresh water in my hydration bladder, thermal battery is charged and optics/NVG/WML/IR Laser batteries are fresh.

You need to get one of those fancy dancy mg42 dress up kits for your 10/22 like I did mine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#6]
The violent left, the reason the SCOTUS wouldn't look at election fraud.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#7]
They've sealed Defendent's chances of getting a new trial with venue change when appealed to federal court by all their preparations.  It proves he can't receive a fair trial because of the pressure the unrest will place on jurors to convict. Of course they'll have ruined him by then, which was the point.  I do believe he is likely guilty of whatever the charge in MN is for disregarding Floyd's medical distress, but he deserves a trial in another venue.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I highly doubt the pool of potential jurors will be 8% honest and open minded, let alone the group selected.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#9]
What's the difference between Murder 1, 2, 3 and Mnslaughter 1, 2, 3 ... etc.?

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If they do take it to the next level and the police can't handle it then it becomes the citizens right (and duty) to defend their homes.

ONE Molotov cocktail would signal intent of arson and that is a crime deadly force can be used to prevent, especially if the building is occupied.

It would not take too many armed citizens to turn them back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BLM here has zero problem coming into the suburbs. They can mobilize hundreds on short notice to do so. There aren't enough police to stop them if they want to take it to the next level.

If they do take it to the next level and the police can't handle it then it becomes the citizens right (and duty) to defend their homes.

ONE Molotov cocktail would signal intent of arson and that is a crime deadly force can be used to prevent, especially if the building is occupied.

It would not take too many armed citizens to turn them back.

Problem is when the dust settles, the cops will return to arrest the homeowners.

It's a lose/lose.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Additionally, he was Covid positive, which is a respiratory disease.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Floyd died from a Fentanyl overdose. The autopsy showed no indication that anything the officers did had an effect on floyd. No bruising, scrapes, swelling, or crushing. His lungs were filled with fluid from the Fentanyl overdose. The cops called for an ambulance before they put him on the ground. He was put on the ground at his own request.

And was high on meth at the time. (forgot about that).
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Floyd died from a Fentanyl overdose. The autopsy showed no indication that anything the officers did had an effect on floyd. No bruising, scrapes, swelling, or crushing. His lungs were filled with fluid from the Fentanyl overdose. The cops called for an ambulance before they put him on the ground. He was put on the ground at his own request.

LOL... so he had COVID, Meth, Fentanyl (a lethal dose), and complaining he couldn't breath before they ever even tried to put him in a car or on the ground... but somehow Whitey murdered him.

I'd say there's a 0% chance of ANY murder conviction.  MAYBE a lower homicide charge sticks due to ignoring signs of distress while he was in their custody.  Minneapolis gonna burn...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:51:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Minneapolis is hiring “influencers” to “combat misinformation” during the Chauvin trial.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/mpls-hires-influencers-to-combat-misinformation-during-chauvin-trial
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Minneapolis is hiring "influencers" to "combat misinformation" during the Chauvin trial.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/mpls-hires-influencers-to-combat-misinformation-during-chauvin-trial
View Quote
Nice. Propaganda. It almost sounds like they know the case sucks. If any of the "influencers" leak the name of or otherwise dox a juror, people should fucking hang.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:08:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Jesus Christ this is the third brain fart I have had this morning........Oops!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#16]
The Cops screwed up big time in this case.  Some heads need to roll.  On the other hand it's the Twin Cities.  They are just getting the end results of what they wanted and have been forcing on the rest of the State.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Heads up, an appeals court is hearing the final appeal to add 3rd degree murder back in to the charges today.

If allowed he'll be charged with 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter in Floyd's death.

Sounds like a fishing expedition to me.

https://kstp.com/news/key-hearing-in-chauvin-case-scheduled-for-monday-at-minnesota-court-of-appeals-february-26-2021/6025051/
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#18]
They'll all likely walk.  Or at worst, Chauvin will get some BS charge, but manslaughter/murder won't stick.
The riots will be epic.

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Minneapolis is hiring “influencers” to “combat misinformation” during the Chauvin trial.

View Quote

I figured that it would’ve cost more than $2K for an influencer to come out as a paid shill for the city of Minneapolis.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I figured that it would’ve cost more than $2K for an influencer to come out as a paid shill for the city of Minneapolis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Undoubtedly the Minneapolis teachers union misses the irony of young people in their city so ignorant that the city needs to hire people to try to appease the feral mob.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They've sealed Defendent's chances of getting a new trial with venue change when appealed to federal court by all their preparations.  It proves he can't receive a fair trial because of the pressure the unrest will place on jurors to convict. Of course they'll have ruined him by then, which was the point.  I do believe he is likely guilty of whatever the charge in MN is for disregarding Floyd's medical distress, but he deserves a trial in another venue.
View Quote

He took Floyd out of the police vehicle, laid him down at his request, and called an ambulance for him. What else within his scope of practice as a police officer do you think he should have done?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The fact they are trying a man for murder for a guy who died of a drug overdose is beyond egregious.

View Quote

This is the mob, but I'm certain you know that.

In an effort to save the other neighborhoods of the city from being burned to the ground, the State/County is pulling out all the stops to get a pound of flesh from Chauvin.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They can blame whoever they like. If the violence comes south of the river, the Bracken option goes on the table. I've already stockpiled tarps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prediction: Compromise verdict on Manslaughter. Minneapolis burns. Maybe St Paul too.

Portland and Seattle start up new CHOP zones and cancel culture is taken to the next extreme, meanwhile Biden and Obama will be out there blaming the Police, right wingers, and Trump for the violemce.
They can blame whoever they like. If the violence comes south of the river, the Bracken option goes on the table. I've already stockpiled tarps.
Off topic, but what happened to Western Rifle Shooter's blog?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#25]
We must remember that Covid is still important! As such, only one member each of both Floyd's and Chauvin's family will be allowed in the courtroom during the trial.

https://kstp.com/news/judge-announces-safety-procedures-for-chauvin-trial-/6028981/
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Our household votes straight ticket republican (for all the good that does these days).

We already have wheels in motion but we're headed west, not southeast. Going to reinforce the great state of Montana.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Houses for sale down here in NC as long as you vote Republican.

Our household votes straight ticket republican (for all the good that does these days).

We already have wheels in motion but we're headed west, not southeast. Going to reinforce the great state of Montana.

Actually it did. It revealed the cheating. The results will be one of two things: 1) Fixes in the Voting System or 2) A Civil War that wipes out all of the Liberals.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Gonna call it, he walks
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Lol, this will be an epic shit show.
Again.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#29]
This should be interesting. Do they have any NG available or they all in Washington?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#30]
How does a change of venue not get approved in this case ?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Exactly, who cares???

All the burning and looting will be spined by the MSM into "Activists exercising free speech, which justifies the means of burning/looting/violence"

At this point they believe Gina Carano is more dangerous than what's about to go down in MN...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking good.  Let them burn it all down.  Why would in the world we want them to stop now?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/letthemfight-2.gif

Exactly, who cares???

All the burning and looting will be spined by the MSM into "Activists exercising free speech, which justifies the means of burning/looting/violence"

At this point they believe Gina Carano is more dangerous than what's about to go down in MN...

That is why you shouldn't care.

Watch it burn. Point and laugh

ha ha
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The jury will buy their safety by finding him guilty of manslaughter.  Of course the mob will be pissed he didn’t get convicted of murder, but he’ll get ten years and that should prevent the jury and their family from being hunted the rest of their lives.
View Quote

if i was on the jury... Id vote to acquit on all charges for tHe Lulz

Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Off topic, but what happened to Western Rifle Shooter's blog?
View Quote

https://westernrifleshooters.us/
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How does a change of venue not get approved in this case ?
View Quote

Because they don’t want it to change.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tenor-132.gif

This will be entertaining when Chauvin is found not guilty.
View Quote

I'll say it for the 10 millionth time - he may likely beat the state wrap but the feds are going to bury him. He tried to take 10 years if the feds wouldn't love him tenderly and Barr refused. Now we have commies in the White House.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Local top attorney was on sports talk radio a few weeks back.  

He said the rumor is that there is no evidence of bruising or broken blood vessels on Floyd’s neck.  According to him, without one or the other, proving asphyxiation will be almost impossible.

I saw two out of state attorneys were added to the prosecution team.  Probably because Hennepin county has been disqualified and Ellison has never tried a case.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chauvin has no chance........the cororner said Floyd had fatal levels of fentanyl in him but didn't go as far as saying he died from it.

That will nail Chauvin in this political climate........he has no chance of acquittal.

Chauvin's only hope would have been if he was black.

you will have jurors who are a) woke and ready to convict the bad cop, b) scared of returning a not guilty verdict that might lead to reprisals and more rioting or c) people who just want to return something and get out of there............
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Gonna call it, he walks
View Quote

If the jurors' names are public record then he's going to burn.  You think that Sally Johnson won't convict if she's afraid of losing her job or having her children harassed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Also it's really stupid to charge him with murder in light of toxicology if you want a conviction.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Burn baby burn.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#41]
OP says jury trial is starting “soon.”

Does anyone even know when MN is starting jury trials back up? I know down here the courts can’t figure out how to get the 250 people jury pool into the same place with all the Covid bullshit.

I can’t imagine MN is going to be starting jury trials anytime’soon’
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OP says jury trial is starting "soon."

Does anyone even know when MN is starting jury trials back up? I know down here the courts can't figure out how to get the 250 people jury pool into the same place with all the Covid bullshit.

I can't imagine MN is going to be starting jury trials anytime'soon'
View Quote
Uhh.trial starts Monday.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Does anyone even know when MN is starting jury trials back up? I know down here the courts can’t figure out how to get the 250 people jury pool into the same place with all the Covid bullshit.

View Quote

I mean, I know the OP is a bit long and all, but there’s a date right there in the 1st sentence of the OP.

They are choosing a jury starting on March 8th. The trial begins immediately following jury selection.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:22:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They will find him quilts of some rinky-dink thing.

They know right now....before a trial even starts....that he’s not guilty of murder. Tox report said so.
View Quote

Just because he had a potentially lethal dose of drugs does not excuse this smirking  psychopathic officer finishing the victim off.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I mean, I know the OP is a bit long and all, but there’s a date right there in the 1st sentence of the OP.

They are choosing a jury starting on March 8th. The trial begins immediately following jury selection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do I look like a faggot that reads?!

In all seriousness, I just skimmed the op. I was talking with a lawyer at lunch today about jury trials being on hold down here. He honestly doesn’t know when they’ll start again. I’m surprised MN is back up and running
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:33:44 AM EDT
[#46]
It would be funny if BLM was somehow convinced that the wifebeater Keith Ellison was at fault for Chauvin walking.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:37:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

you will have jurors who are a) woke and ready to convict the bad cop, b) scared of returning a not guilty verdict that might lead to reprisals and more rioting or c) people who just want to return something and get out of there............
View Quote

d. People who want to see shit burn.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Do I look like a faggot that reads?!

In all seriousness, I just skimmed the op. I was talking with a lawyer at lunch today about jury trials being on hold down here. He honestly doesn’t know when they’ll start again. I’m surprised MN is back up and running
View Quote

I look for them to get back in high gear pretty quickly after the governor's announcement yesterday. In the non-urban districts, especially. There will certainly be some challenges with juror excuses and accommodating juror concerns, no question about that. This backlog has got to be cleaned up, and it can't all be done with releases and plea bargains that are putting too many criminals right back into the community.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

if i was on the jury... Id vote to acquit on all charges for tHe Lulz

View Quote

I came here to post this.

That is EXACTLY what I would do.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tenor-132.gif

This will be entertaining when Chauvin is found not guilty.
View Quote

How are you going to keep the jurors isolated from the crowd chanting for Chauvin's head and the head of any juror that votes "not guilty"?
Page / 242
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top