BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will fucking street race @beitodesstrafe at the drop of a hat!!  

I mean, he’ll beat me, if he brings the Taycan ... but then afterwards we’ll get drunk and talk about anime and shit.  No stabbing involved.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  $ 25 delivered, the best German kitchen knife steel $ 25 will buy, made in Taiwan.

Who cares about blade steel. No one is cutting up a bear with a $ 25 tanto.

A man who buys a $ 25 tanto is, at some level, considering stabbing someone. Maybe not someone specific, but the possibility is lurking out there.

A $ 1700 (plus optic) little 9mm 1911? That's not someone who seriously thinks he's going to shoot someone. He's not going to shoot anyone anymore than a middle aged man with a 911 is going to street race anyone.

There's no intent, no honest foreseeable killing ahead. If there was he'd sell his house and move to a different suburb.

You open the box of a $ 25 tanto and you can almost see the little winged imps with pointed tails and teeny pitchforks flutter out. This means business.

Let's ask the expert:  @DK-Prof

I will fucking street race @beitodesstrafe at the drop of a hat!!  

I mean, he’ll beat me, if he brings the Taycan ... but then afterwards we’ll get drunk and talk about anime and shit.  No stabbing involved.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a drop tanto.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]
A Staccato C with a Tanto mounted to the rail.  Fella could win a war with something like that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote
I want one.

What are your experiences with it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

GODDAMNIT ObsoleteMan, yer gonna cost me some money.

@ObsoleteMan
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If Tanto's are gay then I am 12" of San Mai Master Tanto VII of gay...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3064/tanto_jpg-1841658.JPG
View Quote
Now that's a commie pokin' tanto.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A man penguin who buys a $ 25 tanto is, at some level, considering stabbing someone.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#8]

The chick in your painting is wearing a covid mask? That's cool.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:27:15 AM EDT
[#9]

I had one of those teach me the value of a reconstructive surgeon in my formative years.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There's an early 90s Carbon V CS Recon Tanto in my safe as well; I can't recall ever actually cutting anything with it.  I had one of the earliest Carbon V SRKs as well and that knife got used for everything; it stood up to all manner of abuse then some wanker stole it out of my truck in the late 90s iirc.  To this day I hope whoever stole it either died or dies a horrible death.  I'm not the sentimental type, but that knife had been all over the place with me.  I replaced it with another but it hasn't seen the use the first one did.  

These days if I'm carrying a fixed blade it's usually an Izula.
View Quote

Some fucker stole my SRK off my LBE at NTC. O hope someone stabbed him with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$ 25 delivered, the best German kitchen knife steel $ 25 will buy, made in Taiwan.

A man who buys a $ 25 tanto is, at some level, considering stabbing someone. Maybe not someone specific, but the possibility is lurking out there.

A $ 1700 (plus optic) little 9mm 1911? That's not someone who seriously thinks he's going to shoot someone. He's not going to shoot anyone anymore than a middle aged man with a 911 is going to street race anyone.

There's no intent, no honest foreseeable killing ahead. If there was he'd sell his house and move to a different suburb.

You open the box of a $ 25 tanto and you can almost see the little winged imps with pointed tails and teeny pitchforks flutter out. This means business.
View Quote

Never carve your initials in a knife in case you accidentally leave it somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:48:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
$ 25 delivered, the best German kitchen knife steel $ 25 will buy, made in Taiwan.

View Quote
Is 40 middle aged? Asking for a friend
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:48:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don’t know how to ‘knife fight,’ but I have a CS Recon Tanto and a signed Pat Crawford Titanium Combat Tanto and they’re both certainly ‘not gay.’

Chris
View Quote

Slightly less gay than two guys fucking.

Slightly.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tanto is as gay as it gets.
View Quote

Gay as shit on a dick?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:49:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a 90s era Cold Steel Master Tanto somewhere in my footlocker-o-knives.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:04:35 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Hissatsu master race:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Slightly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t know how to ‘knife fight,’ but I have a CS Recon Tanto and a signed Pat Crawford Titanium Combat Tanto and they’re both certainly ‘not gay.’

Chris

Slightly.

Tards being tards.

Chris
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Tards being tards.

Chris
View Quote

Don't take it personally. I didn't say you were gay. I just said you own gay knives.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:40:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Highest quality steel, folded 1,001 times!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I've had this old Cold Steel Kobun sitting around for years. One day I got bored so I bead blasted the blade and painted the sheath OD green.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:37:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Tantos are great. They have a stabbing tip, and a cutting tip that no other grind has. I don't get how people have trouble sharpening them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:53:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A kid did some good work on a Japanese commie with a knife like that.
View Quote
It was super effective.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:57:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It was super effective.

https://i.imgur.com/DkdudOZ.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was super effective.

https://i.imgur.com/DkdudOZ.jpg

BANZAI!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:45:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Do you have frequent violent run-ins with cans of beans?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try stabbing a can of beans with a stilleto and get back to me.

Do you have frequent violent run-ins with cans of beans?

Not any more.  

Motherfuckers know I have a tanto.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#25]
I own both a CS Tanto and an SRK.  I prefer the SRK for general use, but the Tanto does generally make me consider ninja-stabbing ne’er-do-wells.

I do not own a Staccato, but I do have a couple Gucci Glocks that probably fall in the same vein.  They are pretty and do not exude violence.  My beat up Glock 43x does, however, whisper of back-alley heroics and thwarted muggings, replete with thankful busty would-be victims.

I also do not generally street race in my 911, but I do drive it at what the Texas DPS remarked as “ridiculous and borderline felonious” speeds on deserted Texas highways.

I am confused as to what this says about my character, and more generally, what Instagram Influencer Status my tools would convey upon me. Should my children be proud or embarrassed of me?  Strange.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:10:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There's an early 90s Carbon V CS Recon Tanto in my safe as well; I can't recall ever actually cutting anything with it.  I had one of the earliest Carbon V SRKs as well and that knife got used for everything; it stood up to all manner of abuse then some wanker stole it out of my truck in the late 90s iirc.  To this day I hope whoever stole it either died or dies a horrible death.  I'm not the sentimental type, but that knife had been all over the place with me.  I replaced it with another but it hasn't seen the use the first one did.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still have my '90s-era CS Recon Tanto.  The sheath sucks...but the knife is kinda badass.

I DID buy one of those Tanto Lites the Penguin has in his opening photos...It's more of a letter opener, than a serious knife.

Huh.  Your post made me realize I had no idea what the steel was in my RT.  Had to go dig it out...Carbon V Master Race checking in!

No wonder tinned foods fear me.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:13:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:15:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I thought this was a 2011 thread.
View Quote
He's too gay for a 2011.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:19:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s an interesting point.

One is an investment the other is a disposable tool
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's an interesting point.

One is an investment the other is a disposable tool
View Quote
They're all ultimately disposable tools.  The question is what's your life worth?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:16:20 AM EDT
[#31]
I simply like the lines of the "American" tanto for some reason. Likely my juvenile fantasies of all those Cold Steel Tanto ads in the early 80's  I still have an old school (I think early 90's) Tanto, and while they're not necessarily the most utilitarian blade, I've demonstrated just about all the typical "bushcraft" skills people do with their Scandi-grind, Nessmuk, Bushlore custom blades with the basic Cold Steel Tanto; it's a fucking piece of tempered steel with a sharpened edge...with enough skill, you can do the same shit with sharpened flint.

Once you accept the original beauty of the American Tanto, you can up your gay-game to something custom, like Ben Tendick (yeah that's his name for you homophobes)  I carried this custom Tanto/Kwaiken in Afghanistan...

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I still have my early 90's SRK. The edge has been thinned out and is now razor sharp, but I had Tim Wegner of Blade-Tech make me a Kydex sheath when he as still operating out of his garage.  

Quoted:
Love my tanto...I used this Balisong model 44 as a work knife/utility knife and beat the hell out it. Never knew they would be so $$ in the future

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/321106/1DC0DBF5-E715-4C2E-87E6-D0DFFA92E8C4_jpe-1841650.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/321106/228D2829-B3B2-4678-B6D4-16384D90AA67_png-1841652.JPG

Damn, you know I have a Model 44 in my tool box somewhere, seriously  I need to go dig it out and see if someone is interested on Blade Forums!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:23:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I had the 1990's cold steel version.
View Quote

I still have mine ...US made, Carbon V
Still have a Blackie Collins bolt action and a Tekna boot knife too
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:52:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I had the 1990's cold steel version.

Gave it to a good friend.

View Quote

Is that:

the Oklahoma 'gave it to a good friend' as in "Hey bro, here's a knife I don't use anymore, you can have it!"

or the New York City "Hey bro, here's a knife for you STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB!"?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#34]
If someone had the Staccato sticking out of their back they might disagree with you.
There, now I've contributed to the daily Aimless weapon thread
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
needs more repeating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
needs more repeating.

I don't think most are picking up on the actual pun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

pound me too
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This might be the best thing that I have ever read on this forum.

To include the fuck torso thread.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Used to have a brace of those plastic Cold Steel tantos. I was really into testing Non Permissive Environments when I was 16.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:29:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would anyone stab a can of beans?
What did beans ever do to you?
I like beans, and beans like me.
Now, if your talking a can of carrots, well, why not stab a can of carrots?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Guess I need to buy a cold steel tanto now.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:16:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've had this old Cold Steel Kobun sitting around for years. One day I got bored so I bead blasted the blade and painted the sheath OD green.

https://i.imgur.com/srsDJi1h.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:50:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you stabbing beans?

What's the deal with Texans and beans?  Just leave em out of your sauce, no need to go hands-on
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:37:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It was super effective.

View Quote

"Watch it again in slow motion"!
Statesman Assassinated (1960)

The kid was a "right-wing fanatic" who opposed communism and was pro-US.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:41:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Love my tanto...I used this Balisong model 44 as a work knife/utility knife and beat the hell out it. Never knew they would be so $$ in the future

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
View Quote

Man, this brings back memories!  I had a tanto butterfly with the lock in the correct place back in the day.  Used that thing for everything including jamming holes through thin metal!

Mine wasn't a Balisong, though, just some el-cheapo special I bought at a gun show.  Sure got my money's worth out of that thing!
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

pound me too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pound me too
It is for the winners.  Losers had the tanto.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#47]
I should know better than to click on a knife thread, now I'm going to buy a tanto knife to go with the dozens of other knives I almost never use.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I remember ninja stores in the mall. Did you buy it at a ninja store?
View Quote

I remember, in high school, a kid threw an Oriental Star at another kid. The lightweight, die-cut, piece of sheet metal bounced off the guy. The kid that threw it got his ass kicked by his target until a Teacher dragged him to the Office. I’m pretty sure the Teacher allowed the beat-down to happen (which I have no problem with).
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top