BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:15:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few years of no wars and these fucks can't wait to start a new one.
View Quote

First thing I thought of.

Four years of peace and prosperity down the crapper.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:21:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Multiple things can be true at the same time:

1) This was probably a tactical/operational strike to respond to the rocket attacks in the KRG region, or to send a message closer to some other threatening behavior.

2) Dems' capacity to fuck up foreign policy matters through absolutely cringe obsequiousness, tripling-down on unwise over-commitment while gutting defense budgets to fund pet domestic projects, and moral double-standards is unlimited.

My prediction is that nothing of great consequence will happen until year 4 or later; we still have some military  readiness and capacity buffer that hasn't been eroded yet, and it's too early for the Biden admin to have had enough opportunities to prove their gutless and feckless instincts when it comes to nut-cutting time (we will be tested 2-3 times before the dramatic event).

China and other assholes aren't dumb; they'll wait until they can do the most that they can get away with. Increasing the propaganda value when we are unable or unwilling to respond makes an otherwise smaller, less costly, or less risky act all the more effective for them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:13:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You can't let munitions reach their expiration date.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Those defense contractors ain't gonna enrich themselves.

Also: Gas prices aren't rising on their own fast enough for the left's liking. Nothing spikes those like military action in the ME.

You can't let munitions reach their expiration date.  
my exact thoughts, well done.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#4]
But, but we can’t go to war...who is left to confiscate the guns and round people up for re-education camps? If El Presidente Jose calls up the guard and the reserve for desert duty, who is left to round up the people and the true threat to civilization - guns??
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Nothing like a few airstrikes to get old Lindsey Graham and the rest of the neocons hard and ready to work with Biden.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:24:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I still have no idea why the fuck were in syria
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#7]
And just like that, we're back to meddling in the Middle East again..........gotta love the Deep State and the Military-Industrial Complex.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting how suddenly so many in GD started sounding like the anti-war progressive types.

When Obama was being weak, or Trump was being strong, a different tone was often sounded.  

I wonder how many are just going mindlessly with the flow.
View Quote

Twenty years into a war with no stated objectives will do that.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet!  More deployment locations.  Now lets hope he decides to keep a presence in Afghanistan as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well just yesterday Russia was bombing Obamas crew, so yeah.

The military industrial complex isn't going to stand for another 4 years of de-escalation
View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, no wars, sure. Not counting Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Mali, Niger, Somalia, ballistic missiles wounding US servicemen, tankers blowing up, Iranians seizing ships, North Korea shooting missiles off the coast of Japan, possibly the biggest cyber attack in history, etc.

Yup, nothing but peace for the last four years.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, no wars, sure. Not counting Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Mali, Niger, Somalia, ballistic missiles wounding US servicemen, tankers blowing up, Iranians seizing ships, North Korea shooting missiles off the coast of Japan, possibly the biggest cyber attack in history, etc.

View Quote

But hey, you are getting your war now!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Currently we are being led by dumbass libtard lunatics who I wouldn't trust to run the cotton candy stand at the local carnival.

For anyone to conclude that Trump was a war hawk further proves my point.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#15]
So he authorizes use of force on virtually the same day he basically orders SK to unlock billions of Iranian dollars  tied up in their banks due to sanctions?

What an complete moron.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've got no problems with taking out Iranians.

I'm also convinced that 99% of folks in GD have no idea what a neocon is.  Thread title is a case in point.
View Quote

As is the same ignorance about "all Iranians are evil".  If you believe the MSM, and these truly were Iranian-regime backed forces, sure...but I no longer trust the MSM and I question the actual targets and the objectives.  Democrats rarely do anything for the "good" of America or morality.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why did China want us to bomb Syria?
View Quote

Syria is Russia's Mediterranean puppet, and the owner of the port facility they use for access to the Med directly vs sailing through the Turkish straights to get to their Black Sea ports.
Ramp up Russia/Syria/Iran/US tensions and it refocuses people away from China and Southeast Asia.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'm also convinced that 99% of folks in GD have no idea what a neocon is.  Thread title is a case in point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don’t always agree, but this is not one of those times.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
One of the things the left never really appreciated about Trump (and you'd think they would), was how anti-war that dude was. In practice.

Seriously, in hindsight he was almost allergic to starting any new shit. I kinda feel like they could at least give him that.
View Quote

Lol, they bitched about that too. Pulling out of Syria was the worst thing in the world apparently.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I knew it wouldn't be long! Get busy destabilizing the middle east!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As is the same ignorance about "all Iranians are evil".  If you believe the MSM, and these truly were Iranian-regime backed forces, sure...but I no longer trust the MSM and I question the actual targets and the objectives.  Democrats rarely do anything for the "good" of America or morality.

ROCK6
View Quote

THIS!!!

The people running America right now are absolute fucking libtard LUNATICS for god's sake.

End of fucking thread.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They were mostly peaceful air strikes though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were mostly peaceful air strikes though.

Mostly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I still have no idea why the fuck were in syria
View Quote

Arab Spring. It was short-circuited.

Obama v.2.0 is going back to finish everything it started. And the one Trump ended. So that has to be put back on track. For some reason, Obama wants the ME under total control of Al-Qaeda/ Muslim Brotherhood.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#24]

the Cheney Dictum.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Joe Biden CRITICIZED Trump and does this....

Biden ripping Trump for "going starting another war in the middle east".  What a jackass.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yOVFy3vWoU

Biden ripping Trump for "going starting another war in the middle east".  What a jackass.
View Quote

He's such a stupid fuck.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
War Inc. rubs their palms together in glee.
View Quote

Right! These fuckers can't stop!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And just like that, we're back to meddling in the Middle East again..........gotta love the Deep State and the Military-Industrial Complex.
View Quote

Party? we don't need no steengkeen party...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#29]

El Bandito
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#30]

LOL!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#31]
I bet John Kerry is fn pissed!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:59:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The problem I have is inherit with the media and message being pushed. I have a thing about standards and holding everyone to the same standards. The other team dropped bombs in the middle east? Bad. The other team wants to pull troops out? Bad. Our team wants to drop bombs? Good. Our team brings the troops home? Good.

Fucking clownshoes.
View Quote

This. It shows how duplicitous the Left and Media truly are.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Bombing a bunch of Iranian-backed crunchies is not the same as killing an IRGC general in a foreign country.
View Quote

How? How was it different than shooting down Yamamoto?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which one of those did Trump start? In Somalia, he actively withdrew US forces.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#36]
International Crisis Group is who decides Democrat’s foreign policy, not American security interests.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Dems...fucking master magicians.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I lost the pool,  I had put my bet on the shooting starting in August.  I thought Joe would wait a little longer.  

But I am not shocked.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well I lost the pool,  I had put my bet on the shooting starting in August.  I thought Joe would wait a little longer.  

But I am not shocked.
View Quote

Joe’s proposed Sec Def is a war hawk...already suggested increasing troop levels in Syria.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Lol, they bitched about that too. Pulling out of Syria was the worst thing in the world apparently.
View Quote

He didn’t just pull us mostly out of Syria but he managed to get that turd Erdogan to take over the heavy lifting in Syria. This is another stupid Democrat policy is that they refuse to convince our “allies” in the region to take responsibility for their own security involvement. They just proxy extremist groups and waste our military resources...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Help me understand who this helps.

Iraq was basically handed over to the Shia because of actions we took. The Shia are the majority in Iraq, and in a democracy, democracy stuff happens. Iran is Shia, so naturally ties with Iran are now strong. Invading Iraq was quite the gift and opportunity to expand influence for Iran. Ok..

Isis is Sunni. Funds and ideology for isis comes from Saudi Arabia primarily. We liked isis when they were going to depose Assad in Syria, but stopped liking them when they expanded too far into Iraq. So Trump had our military beat back isis in Iraq to push them west back into Syria, where we want them to continue fighting the Syrian government (and to help entangle Russia in a quagmire). We defeated isis in Iraq with the help of the Shia militias that we are now bombing. They were our allies then, but are our enemies now.

The US government says it hates isis, but we bomb the people who are most effective at killing isis.

“Iranian-backed” militias on the Iraqi border are Iraqi people, not Iranians (maybe a few exceptions, hard to say). So we are killing Iraqis sympathetic to Iran, who want to kill isis.

Am I understanding this correctly? Whose interest does this really serve?  Is it a proxy war with Russia? Are there energy interests? I remember reading about the Saudis and others who wanted to build a pipeline through Syria in order to facilitate energy transfers to Europe. Which would mean that Russia wouldn’t have a basic monopoly of natural gas supply to Germany and other countries. Is this correct?

So does this boil down to us wanting to prevent Russia from being able to make money selling energy products to Europe?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
War Inc. rubs their palms together in glee.
View Quote

Bizness as usual.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Democrats love wars. So glad I invested in defense tech on Inauguration Day!!!
View Quote

Oh yeah, Republicans HATE wars. Absolutely hate it.

How about, they all love it. More importantly they LOVE the kick backs from Raytheon, Boeing, Lock-Mart etc. etc.

All for bashing Biden but lets not act like 87% of GD was in the corner masturbating a couple years ago when Trump sent 60 tomahawks into Syria
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He didn’t just pull us mostly out of Syria but he managed to get that turd Erdogan to take over the heavy lifting in Syria. This is another stupid Democrat policy is that they refuse to convince our “allies” in the region to take responsibility for their own security involvement. They just proxy extremist groups and waste our military resources...
View Quote

Wow. Quality analysis.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What's Raytheon's stock ticker?
View Quote

RTX

oddly enough, it has been falling. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

RTX.

I’m am not a financial advisor, but I bought RTX, LMT and BA when Biden stoke the election.
View Quote

same but add Northrop to the list (NOC)
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Iraq was basically handed over to the Shia because of actions we took. The Shia are the majority in Iraq, and in a democracy, democracy stuff happens. Iran is Shia, so naturally ties with Iran are now strong. Invading Iraq was quite the gift and opportunity to expand influence for Iran. Ok..

Isis is Sunni. Funds and ideology for isis comes from Saudi Arabia primarily. We liked isis when they were going to depose Assad in Syria, but stopped liking them when they expanded too far into Iraq. So Trump had our military beat back isis in Iraq to push them west back into Syria, where we want them to continue fighting the Syrian government (and to help entangle Russia in a quagmire). We defeated isis in Iraq with the help of the Shia militias that we are now bombing. They were our allies then, but are our enemies now.

The US government says it hates isis, but we bomb the people who are most effective at killing isis.

“Iranian-backed” militias on the Iraqi border are Iraqi people, not Iranians (maybe a few exceptions, hard to say). So we are killing Iraqis sympathetic to Iran, who want to kill isis.

Am I understanding this correctly? Whose interest does this really serve?  Is it a proxy war with Russia? Are there energy interests? I remember reading about the Saudis and others who wanted to build a pipeline through Syria in order to facilitate energy transfers to Europe. Which would mean that Russia wouldn’t have a basic monopoly of natural gas supply to Germany and other countries. Is this correct?

So does this boil down to us wanting to prevent Russia from being able to make money selling energy products to Europe?
View Quote

So much concentrated derp in this post. "We liked ISIS when they were going to depose Assad"? ISIS never took any significant actions against Assad; they were too busy fighting the Syrians we actually backed against Assad. "Trump had our military beat back isis in Iraq to push them west back into Syria, where we want them to continue fighting the Syrian government"? Yeah, no. US backed forces pushed back ISIS in Syria and Iraq at the same time. 'Shia militias were our allies and the most effective force against ISIS'? Just wrong. While SMGs were fighting the same people we were, no one thought they were our allies.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your issue is that the "we" changes from democrat, to republican, to hawk, to dove, depending on which sentence you are reading

You're also missing - MBS, Muslim Brotherhood, CIA buying and selling weapons to/from Libya to move to and through Syria, Gazprom influence/expansion, Agitprop including fake chemical weapons attack from the Syrian military, NGOs attempting to escalate the war enough to topple the current government, and everyone doing their best to make cash as quick and dirty as possible.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Oil companies.

Quoted:
Is it a proxy war with Russia? Are there energy interests? I remember reading about the Saudis and others who wanted to build a pipeline through Syria in order to facilitate energy transfers to Europe. Which would mean that Russia wouldn’t have a basic monopoly of natural gas supply to Germany and other countries. Is this correct?
Yes, yes, and yes. And the big picture is that Russia is standing in the way of a globalist utopia.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top