Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Can anyone explain what legal responsibility an LEO has to "issue a verbal warning"????
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is racializing a word?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racialize
And here I thought the 'r' was a typo.  One row up and slightly off to the left from the intended letter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
ETA weird double tap
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What those officers thought probably does not matter.  What matters is that the guy who fired thought.  We don't know that yet. I think some sort of Castle doctrine will be applied and whether cop or not, inside the non public area, I think it may well apply.
View Quote

Ummmmm. Subjective reasonableness is not the standard. Subjective reasonableness without objective reasonableness will get you manslaughter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't believe he was afraid for even a second. He acted simply to secure his future with the new regime. Nothing more than a calculated act of murder. I wouldn't be surprised if he was instructed ahead of time to do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"At this point, what difference does it make?"

They're never going to charge him. He'll get an award from Biden soon.

I don't believe he was afraid for even a second. He acted simply to secure his future with the new regime. Nothing more than a calculated act of murder. I wouldn't be surprised if he was instructed ahead of time to do it.
Who in their right mind advances on someone when their afraid?

Is he going to claim he was retreating too?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#6]
It's .gov property, which doesn't belong to the citizens?  How can you trespass on your own property?  .gov is royalty, superior to the citizens in all terms, that's what we have now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can anyone explain what legal responsibility an LEO has to "issue a verbal warning"????
View Quote

There is no legal requirement. It is a matter of department policy. "When practicable" is pretty standard language.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#9]
The 4 heavily armed and armored officers that were within 5ft of her didn't see her as a mortal threat but the guy 15ft away did?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the sense of criminal law? None. Could it bolster a self defense claim? Sure, if someone is advancing despite warnings it’s reasonable to believe their intent is more nefarious than otherwise.

I’m not a lawyer so I don’t know the details but as I understand it failing to follow policy (which may require warnings) can have implications in civil law.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Was she past the door or not?  While it may be a window at the side of the door, same same.
View Quote
Well before the existence of the single source of truth, the internet, the admonition to homeowners was if you shoot someone on your doorstep they better fall inside and not outside.  That gem of knowledge should trump case law.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's .gov property, which doesn't belong to the citizens?  How can you trespass on your own property?  .gov is royalty, superior to the citizens in all terms, that's what we have now.
View Quote

Government couldn’t function if it can’t keep people out of facilities. Which is why Ashli should have been arrested for trespassing.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The 4 heavily armed and armored officers that were within 5ft of her didn't see her as a mortal threat but the guy 15ft away did?  
View Quote

If there’s no reason to believe the shooter knew, it won’t matter much.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#17]
How do things go from this:
Attachment Attached File

To this:
https://www.bitchute.com/video/gaByvLTqf0md/

Shooter has to disassemble the barricade of desks and furniture they have piled in that room to step out in the hall to shoot her.

ETA: I’m leaning on masked brown tie guy standing to the left of door now as shooter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#18]
So our ultra-transparent and open gov will not release or even discuss Ms Ashli Babbitt's murder, even though LE and other people were all around, in broad daylight and there were cameras rolling.

Then the whole thing is off limits to the entire MSM.  All that is a whole butt load of WTF!

Lets talk about who her family and supporters are or were.

What's happening on the home front to seek justice/reckoning for her murder?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If I'm not mistaken the cops in tac gear were on the packed stairs trying to work their way through crowd when she was shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The window she was entering went into a hallway. It wasn't an office and there weren't any VIP's nearby.  There were multiple other parties in the hallway watching and none of them appeared to be alarmed or fearful about the situation.  The shooter approached quickly from the side and may not have even been visible to Ashli before the shot.  This is all on video and having watched it several times I do not hear any commands from the shooter (doesn't mean he didn't give any).  

I'm still perplexed by the series or events.  There are cops in tac gear directly behind Ashli when she is shot who just stand there unconcerned about the whole thing.  It's hard to see but no one appears to make any contact with the shooter after that point (at least on camera) or try to figure out what's going on.  They don't appear to give two fucks about the unarmed woman bleeding out at their feet

If I'm not mistaken the cops in tac gear were on the packed stairs trying to work their way through crowd when she was shot.

It looks like they were going on their lunch break and couldn't be bothered with all that excitement.

Did they ever figure out why some of the cops let people in?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If there’s no reason to believe the shooter knew, it won’t matter much.
View Quote

Yup. Looks like the other cops were just arriving out of view of the shooter.

I want to know what the ROE/Use of Force policy is for the shooter (we still dont know what organization he belongs to). I want to know if some politician gave the order to kill anyone who passes a certain point. Most likely the shooter was a commie lib and believed all Trump supporter are murderous racist nazi's and acted out of that BS.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Can ya'll imagine the next ghetto goblin shooting and the name of the cop is held secret along with all the details....
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Racializing will not be allowed in this thread
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

LOL, the courts will end up ordering us all shot in the back of the head.
View Quote

Just give it time...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yup. Looks like the other cops were just arriving out of view of the shooter.

I want to know what the ROE/Use of Force policy is for the shooter (we still dont know what organization he belongs to). I want to know if some politician gave the order to kill anyone who passes a certain point. Most likely the shooter was a commie lib and believed all Trump supporter are murderous racist nazi's and acted out of that BS.
View Quote

There are federal agencies that have UOF policies that allow shootings more aggressive than the general law. The difference is, they have specific laws that allow that. Look for instance at the authority of DOE to use lethal force to prevent attempts to control a cargo. That’s based on an actual law, not a policy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/318955/B1AF17F9-595A-4E82-8451-E532BA9372E4_jpe-1840901.JPG

To this:

Shooter has to disassemble the barricade of desks and furniture they have piled in that room to step out in the hall to shoot her.

ETA: I’m leaning on masked brown tie guy standing to the left of door now as shooter.
View Quote

That’s not the location of the shooting.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

Guessing that we're not allowed to notice the race of the shooter.

Which is hilarious considering the opposite is immediately the first factor publicized when the roles are reversed
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Like when my kid swears she brushed her teeth when I told her to, but her toothbrush is dry?

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/318955/B1AF17F9-595A-4E82-8451-E532BA9372E4_jpe-1840901.JPG

To this:

Well, that clears everything up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The legal standard, Fed and Ohio is " If Practical ".
View Quote

I am aware. Obviously you and tim the enchanter are as well. Just curious if some of these other blowhards have any clue what they are talking a out. In my experience, they do not.......
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I am aware. Obviously you and tim the enchanter are as well. Just curious if some of these other blowhards have any clue what they are talking a out. In my experience, they do not.......
View Quote

Was I wrong?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm actually impressed he didn't shoot one of his guys first.

His name will be outted soon. Until then we have his face.
View Quote
His guys didn't climb through a broken window.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

So someone here could read some words in another post and he/she/it would be radicalized (I think that's what you meant)?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Which is hilarious considering the opposite is immediately the first factor publicized when the roles are reversed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

We all know that race is never a factor in murder cases, no need to discuss.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Try to just walk into a military installation or some other non public area of a government facility and I think you will find your answer.
View Quote

Thinking way back when Trump was President in the Whitehouse, if some ANTIFA gal & her pals broke in there (because it is "THE Peoples House"!!) and advanced past clearly locked doors and then continued by entering broken windows they themselves had broken out of locked doors so they could continue their advance forward toward "The Protected Person", I'd think the guards would eventually light that person up and 99% here on G.D. would be cheering it.

Not going to be popular, but there it is.

When Police Point Loaded guns at you, "Play Time" is OVER ...

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thinking way back when Trump was President in the Whitehouse, if some ANTIFA gal & her pals broke in there (because it is "THE Peoples House"!!) and advanced past clearly locked doors and then continued by entering broken windows they themselves had broken out of locked doors so they could continue their advance forward toward "The Protected Person", I'd think the guards would eventually light that person up and 99% here on G.D. would be cheering it.

The secret service regularly arrests living intruders and historically has a strong record of taking alive people who JUST SHOT or shot at the President.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or they could, you know, not shoot unarmed people that don’t present a threat like they continue to do on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What those officers thought probably does not matter.  What matters is that the guy who fired thought.  We don't know that yet. I think some sort of Castle doctrine will be applied and whether cop or not, inside the non public area, I think it may well apply.
View Quote

"Qualified immunity"...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#42]
The guy is guilty of murder.
I wish Trump would have outed him.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Certainly wasnt putting his mask on with 2 hands on his firearm...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:22:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Case law may well consider it as such beyond that point.  An example, a mob floods in to loot stop and shop.  Staff flees into a back office not open to the public.  Mob tries to breach the door and the manager fires to protect his employees from the perceived threat.  It is very likely in most castle doctrine states that he could claim this and it would hold up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a shame that it's not their castle tho.

Case law may well consider it as such beyond that point.  An example, a mob floods in to loot stop and shop.  Staff flees into a back office not open to the public.  Mob tries to breach the door and the manager fires to protect his employees from the perceived threat.  It is very likely in most castle doctrine states that he could claim this and it would hold up.

No, not because of castle doctrine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's not the location of the shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To this:

ETA: I'm leaning on masked brown tie guy standing to the left of door now as shooter.

That's not the location of the shooting.
This - different hallway .
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Police don’t have a duty to retreat. You know that. And orders don’t take precedence over the law or even written policy. You know that too.
View Quote

They also don’t have a duty to summarily execute citizens for trespassing on public property.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Was I wrong?
View Quote

Nope. Sorry, forgot to mention you.

I also agree that some (havent seen them all) FED UOF policies are definitely much more “liberal” than most state/local UOF policies.

Someone mentioned it earlier - I would be very interested to know if those guys were told that this is the line in the sand, use deadly force if anyone crosses it.   Would not surprise me one bit. It will also not surprise me if that is true, whoever “issued” that order will deny it.....
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Try to just walk into a military installation or some other non public area of a government facility and I think you will find your answer.
View Quote

Pretty sure theres going to be numerous warnings from numerous people... not just bang!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No, not because of castle doctrine.
View Quote

I’m always amused when the cops argue with the lawyers.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top