Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:13:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn.....I didn’t do that part of the equation. Looks like I’ve got another 5 good years before it goes to hell in a hand basket.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I can’t.... child support would kill me. Additionally, we have 11 hens, 2 female cats and 3 female ginea pigs... me, the male cat, and rooster are the only males. The rooster is an asshole, and I think the cats gay... I’m fucked.
View Quote

Jesus fucking Christ!!! Go out for a pack of smokes.... and never return ..
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#3]
My now early teen daughter was born when my wife was 48.

So, yeah, right there with you.  Somedays it is still unclear if any of us will make it out alive.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I’m fucked. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#5]
This whole thread is enlightening. I’m in the same boat. Me 45, wife 41, daughter 4.
I thought I was the only one dumb enough to have a kid this late in life. I now know why I see so many men wandering around like zombies with that please help me look.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Then chances are you will get to experience the joys of pre-teen girl puberty and wife menopause at the same time.

OMG what have I done.

View Quote

Yep but I have two daughters and a menopausal wife.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Guy at work 51 has a wife 42 and a 3 month old girl, he also has an 18 year old boy. His son enlisted almost as soon as he found out about his soon to be sister.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#8]
The answer is a class 8 and 53foot trailer loaded with cargo that needs to be relocated
Sweetie i cant come home yet cause next payday has to pay the bills.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't marry bitches. Rent them for a few months then go back to the gun range.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat as OP.  Best I could come up with is surfing AR15 while pretending to take a #2 for 30 minutes.  I think they are on to me though ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man..... that sounds horrible,

Go on lots of fishing/hunting trips.

Hide in the garage.

Sleep at work.

Whatever you gotta do man.  No shame

I'm in the same boat as OP.  Best I could come up with is surfing AR15 while pretending to take a #2 for 30 minutes.  I think they are on to me though ...

#METOO.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:09:34 AM EDT
[#11]
monty python the holy grail Run away
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Wife is 61, youngest daughter is 21. I survived it, and life is wonderful on the other side of the puberty/menopause hump.
Hang in there, OP. It gets better. Much better.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They're going to either be at each other's throats or team up to make you miserable.
View Quote

Synchronization commencing!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#14]
daughter is 6, wife is 37.  son and i go riding.  ya'll bitches be cray
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#15]
First daughter born when wife was forty and I was 42. Second daughter when she was 42.

I can't avoid this, can I?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My wife will be 42 this year, my daughters are 10, 8, 6.... tell me how fucked I am?
View Quote

I'm 43.  Our daughters are 18, going on 14, and going on 12.

We also have 3 female dogs.  Only dude in the house besides him is William Snakespeare, a red-tail boa.  

We joke about him being trapped here with all girls but we have almost zero drama.  It's chill 99% of the time.  I don't know what these other people are doing.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Then chances are you will get to experience the joys of pre-teen girl puberty and wife menopause at the same time.

OMG what have I done.

View Quote

Should have thought about this before you knocked her up.

ETA: Still, what’s done is done. And look on the bright side: you’ve got fifteen years of victim whining rights here in GD to look forward to.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#18]
My youngest daughter is non verbal autistic. I do not look forward to her starting her period.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#19]
One more reason I'm glad I don't have kids. No worrying about such things.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My husband’s plan is to try and deploy when I hit menopause. He’s concerned there won’t be any wars when the time comes.
View Quote

Most days, someone here will make me laugh out loud.  Today, it was you.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Buy a motorcycle and get away
And if you crash and die meh whatever
View Quote

That sounds pretty horrible, but you're not wrong.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OMG what have I done.

No shit, I don't have nary a bit of pity for those that "started late".....They signed up for it, so they can deal with it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Politely, fuck you OP!

I barely survived the last few minutes.

Just drinking my coffee, catching up on shit posts and I start laughing at the comments in this thread...

"Whatcha laughing at?"  she says as she walks up behind me....  
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Dibs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#25]
My wife is 38 and my daughter is 3 and a half. She's already a hormonal mess since she was born without a Thyroid.  Good Times ahead with my 6 year old son and I.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My wife is 50, daughter turns 14 in April. I spend a lot of time in the workshop.
View Quote

My wifes 36 and my daughter's 3 mo.

My son in 2.5. I envision lots of fishing, camping, hunting trips together and reloading in the basement together
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They're going to either be at each other's throats or team up to make you miserable.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have a 15 yo, an 11 yo, and a 38 yo females in my house. Me and my 8yo boy don't spend a lot of time at home if we can help it...
View Quote

This seems the wisest course.  I’m so thankful I only have boys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Wife is about to turn 45. We have a 2.5 year old daughter and a 5 year old boy. I'm always building AR's or doing yard work.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#30]
been there done that.....  you have my sympathies.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

OMG what have I done.

View Quote

You done fucked up.  

That’s what you done.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Wife turns 38 in a month.
Daughter 1 turns 10 in 3 months.
Daughter 2 just turned 3.

All three can go 0-crazy emotional in 8.7 seconds or less.

My wife asked me the other night why I started to "collect" whiskeys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I go to the local indoor pistol shooting range a lot.

For the peace and quiet
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Don’t be a referee. If they argue, find an excuse to take the garbage out
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

OMG what have I done.

View Quote
Be sure your gun room has a secure lock.  You can hide there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#36]
There is a reason we didn’t treat women as adults in the past, it’s to give men and society the tools to deal with female emotional swings.

My wife is pre menopausal, but I have already told her she will need to get on hormone replacement. I had testicular failure 11 years ago and have been on testosterone replacement, she will have to get her hormones fixed to keep up.

It’s 2021, we treat women like adults, so they need to act like one and get their hormones and attitude fixed.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

OMG what have I done.

View Quote

Yup.  Had our daughter when I was 42, wife 39.  She was worried about the whole having kids 40+ being a risky thing.

So yeah.  If all goes according to plan, I'll retire as she graduates high school.  Then, in my busted down, old ass form, I'll have to help her move several times.  If I live that long.  (Hell, it's already hard keeping up with her, and I'm just 47.   )

I already refer to myself as Uncle Grandpa Dad.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#38]
The wife and I both decided when we were still dating that we would not have kids past our 20's. Our last son was born when we were both 29. We cut it close, LOL.
I made the decision after I thought about how much crap my parents put up with from me in my teens and me not wanting to be dealing with that at 50 or older.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#39]
The average age of menopause in American women is 50, not 40.

Just another premise for frightening wimmins thread in GDverse.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Daughter is 12... Wife is 46.

The two smartest things I ever did was build a 14 x 20 vault, and buying sound cancelling wireless ear buds.  

...when they're going at it, I have a place to go, or at least a way to tune it out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:17:39 AM EDT
[#41]
I am screwed wife is 42, I am 48 and daughter is 7. Its a daily challenge for my son and I already.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No shit, I don't have nary a bit of pity for those that "started late".....They signed up for it, so they can deal with it.
View Quote

Reality of it was not so simple. We tried for 10 years, four failed IVFs, 7 years waiting for an adoption that never happened, etc, was absolutely miserable.

We had given up of having our own and then bam, just happened.

So I am grateful that it happened. But for sure we didn't plan it this way.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Reality of it was not so simple. We tried for 10 years, four failed IVFs, 7 years waiting for an adoption that never happened, etc, was absolutely miserable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, I've noticed that everyone that "started late" has them a story of some kind to tell. I prefer to paint with the broadest brush possible.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#44]
All you .380 packing, hand wringing bitches need to be the man of your house and show them who's boss.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Im in the same boat, wife is 50 & have a 16 & 12 year old daughters at home. The boys & I take lots of walks or rides
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

They will be at each other's throats. ask me why I know.  I have picked a side however.  One of them is going to be taking care of me when I get old.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#47]
My wife is 42, daughter is 2.

I’m screwed
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don’t wear hearing protection when I shoot, my father in law would constantly stress to wear it because he has to use hearing aids. One day I finally told him I could stand to lose some hearing with all the damn squealing and crying in my house.
View Quote

Listen to the man, only hearing the ringing sucks more than you can believe.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#49]
That sounds like more emotions then any man could possibly deal with.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm an optimist. OP, you are getting it all over with in a short but seemingly interminable period (pun intended).
It will be better when it is over.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top