Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#1]
This is how I roll.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

nice! damn, i hate living in the city.
i get crazy looks and my neighbors talk about me when i wear boots and carry my rifle
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

i get crazy looks and my neighbors talk about me when i wear boots and carry my rifle
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My 78yo neighbor stopped me yesterday and asked if I could work with her on her pistol shooting when the weather warms up She said she hasn't shot in about a year and doesn't want to get rusty!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're not necessarily city slickers, we just recognize that military style assault rifles are intended for the battlefield, not the farmer's field.

I had someone driving through my pasture one night. Real slow, I grabbed my .44 lever gun, came up from behind pulled my rifle on the driver, turned out to be a cousin looking for his coon dog. His buddy had an AR. I started thinking man that could have gone sideways real fast. Next week I had a brand new Rock River.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@MattR

Let's see that paint job
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Good god....You shot Bambi's baby sister. That's the smallest deer without spots I've seen.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#7]
SW OK, I never step foot on the farm without being armed, too many varmints around here, 2 legged and 4 legged.  Way too many criminals and illegals roaming around and the druggie population has exploded.
My main two choices are either one of my AR's or a coach gun with butt shell holder.  Nothing against the local sheriff's dept but my county is about 1,300 square miles, if we needed a LEO there is a very good chance they could be 30 minutes or more away.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#8]

This but the barrel rest on a small square leather sandbag used for benchrest shooting.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This but the barrel rest on a small square leather sandbag used for benchrest shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's not a terrible idea.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do you tote yer AR when yer on the tractor / Polaris / truck out on the range or farm?
View Quote

Yes.  I carry it with me in the truck and if I get out of the truck to patrol the fence line I have it slung over me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#11]
A tip for y'all. Your truck gun should have a threaded barrel for a flash hider or muzzle brake, even just a cheap A2. It's a stand off device to keep the muzzle off the floorboards of your truck. And if you do make a mistake and get rust on it, who cares. It's a 5 dollar replacement rather than a recrowning or refinishing project.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Either a beater Mini14 or 1022 in the rack on the ranch.  AR's out on the range.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A tip for y'all. Your truck gun should have a threaded barrel for a flash hider or muzzle brake, even just a cheap A2. It's a stand off device to keep the muzzle off the floorboards of your truck. And if you do make a mistake and get rust on it, who cares. It's a 5 dollar replacement rather than a recrowning or refinishing project.
View Quote

This is true.  I'd also recommend using an optic that is capable of taking bumps and hits.  I have a Meprolight M21 on my truck gun because it's battle proven and can withstand a few knocks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#14]
20" heavy barrel, 4-14 VXIII scope, custom trigger, Harris bipod, not your average AR.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:01:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I could stand to see some more pictures of that range setup
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We're not necessarily city slickers, we just recognize that military style assault rifles are intended for the battlefield, not the farmer's field.
View Quote

Fuck off with that military style assault rifle bullshit......DU is that way --->
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Creative ideas to mount on tractor?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
SW OK, I never step foot on the farm without being armed, too many varmints around here, 2 legged and 4 legged.  Way too many criminals and illegals roaming around and the druggie population has exploded.
My main two choices are either one of my AR's or a coach gun with butt shell holder.  Nothing against the local sheriff's dept but my county is about 1,300 square miles, if we needed a LEO there is a very good chance they could be 30 minutes or more away.
View Quote

Rgr that.  I tell people out on the ranch to be careful because as far out as we are, the ambulance wont be there in time to save you, only for body recovery.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

For a window? Suction cups and jaw clamps.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Dat General doe!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Open station or cab?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:12:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Only pic I have of it but this is the AR that rides in the truck 24/7, Made out of parts from the EE mostly and shoots great. It's got several coyotes to it's credit.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Fuck off with that military style assault rifle bullshit......DU is that way --->
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I've got a simple Iron sighted PSA m-forgery type carbine that goes on the ATV or in my pick up when around the ranch.

We have lots of hogs & always trying to thin their numbers any chance I get.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

Most retarded post of the day goes to RTX.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hardly anyone?

What a buncha city slickers!

Attachment Attached File

This was the ar15 of the time.  Technology changes.  There is nothing wrong with carrying a modern sporting rifle in defense of your property.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:55:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

6.5grendel with 1-8 and shotgun for the doves.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

How 'bout this?  Is it OK for the farmers field?

Tony

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good god....You shot Bambi's baby sister. That's the smallest deer without spots I've seen.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/4392/666C0E73-D1D5-4548-B9AE-B6B31B476FC9_jpe-1840701.JPG
View Quote

It is a 28” barrel AR
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Open station or cab?
View Quote

Open.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hardly anyone?

Why are you even on this forum?

ETA:  I guess my meter was broken yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

TROLL!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:00:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I second the motion
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't have a farm or a ranch so...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#35]

I approve of this.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hardly anyone?

Yep!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Upper righthand side of the photo 3' from the tree trunk.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#39]
One big reason I carry an AR at the ranch is you never know when a plane is going to drop out of the sky.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spoken like someone who takes selfies with his rifle and his plate carrier in front of the bathroom mirror.

For flying fucks sake, that's literally the stupidest shit anyone has ever said on this board.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bless your heart.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Not an AR...too risky with the types roaming around here...but this bad boy does the heavy lifting here. If I'm out and about on the property, this list Savage bolt action 410 is close. I've been thinking about chopping the barrel, but can't bring myself to do it. Got my dad a tristar pump 410 and promptly cut that barrel, but this oldy is going to stay just like it it...
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#43]
My old SOCOM 16 M1a I sold to my cousin has been his ranch rifle for over a decade.  It has killed countless hogs, coyotes, snakes, or any other critters that would mess with his cattle.  Wish I had never sold that rifle and got a Loaded instead but it is in good hands and gets put to use and carried around in a custom leather scabbard on his horse or throw in the back of his truck.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

F you!  Best coyote/prairie dog killer I've ever had.  Go back to DU you organic loving MFer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My 78yo neighbor stopped me yesterday and asked if I could work with her on her pistol shooting when the weather warms up She said she hasn't shot in about a year and doesn't want to get rusty!
View Quote

Good job!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#46]
When we’re down on my BILs place he totes his around. Usually just have my CCW and occasionally a 22WSM for beaching yotes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Lol at all the RTX hate, hes trolling.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ive read alot of Fucked up post in 20 yrs . but this one is
in a league of it own ..

TS2

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:45:57 PM EDT
[#50]

I remember seeing that ad in gun magazines when it came out.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top