Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
So we're all going to be millionaires tomorrow?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 4:58:31 PM EDT
[#2]
'The Federal Reserve Banks have taken steps to help ensure the resilience of the Fedwire and NSS applications, including recovery to the point of failure,' the Fed said in an alert.

That’s... interesting.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ran out of zeroes.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So we're all going to be millionaires tomorrow?
View Quote

More likely those that were are no longer, gots to spread that wealth around somehow!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
'The Federal Reserve Banks have taken steps to help ensure the resilience of the Fedwire and NSS applications, including recovery to the point of failure,' the Fed said in an alert.

That's... interesting.
View Quote
More like expected. It would be a nightmare for the fed to lose financial transaction data.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not worried, I've got a couple cases of Federal in reserve on the table next to me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
More like expected. It would be a nightmare for the fed to lose financial transaction data.
View Quote

I understand that, but I guess I’m curious as to how precisely they could identify the failure point and if there are implications for any transactions. I realize there are worlds of difference between fed reserve redundancy and Joe six pack doing a backup over a vpn tunnel, but surely something this widespread wasn’t a flick of a switch... Right? I could be miles off, but they move 3 trillion a day. Surely something was lost?

That’s a legit question for you guys w/ network experience. I’m trying to wrap my head around the implications here. Are they that insignificant?
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Nobody said anything about a fire sale!  There's no such thing as a fire sale!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#9]
P Mag Time ???  
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Money printer go brrrrrrr...brrr.brr.brr........boom.

View Quote
I LOL'd
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"THE SYSTEM.  IS DOWN."
"THE SYSTEM.  IS DOWN."
"THE SYSTEM.  IS DOWN."

https://64.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw369aB5QF1r2zfhn.gif
View Quote

Damn. I haven’t seen a solid chort reference in a while. Gold star for the day.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Work is a little crazy lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#14]
its the big RESET!
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Power grids, banks, everything...open to cyberattack. Maybe that is how the end will begin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably the latest to be hacked..

There's a reckoning coming. Thats for sure. No one, from small businesses up to fed gov have taken security seriously.

Power grids, banks, everything...open to cyberattack. Maybe that is how the end will begin.

the incompetence surrounding cyber security of every nations core infrastructure is unbelievable. its so far past unbelievable it transcends the believablility spectrum and becomes only believable since the most incompetence are required to run it. its really a miracle some pissed off preteen hasn't typed "admin" into the right box and caused a multi day blackout for millions. i guess the saving grace to the gross incompetence of those managing these things is people are in general are really really stupid.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There's a reckoning coming. Thats for sure. No one, from small businesses up to fed gov have taken security seriously.
View Quote

That's not true. I've seen firsthand what one of the oil majors as well as you-know-which-chip-giant deal with on a daily basis to keep foreign interests out of their shit. It's insane. And 100% justified because they have crap incoming from both foes and "allies" hourly. There's a shitload of cyberattacks on US oil majors originating from France. Total engaging in corporate espionage? Not to mention encountering Chinese hackers when you have something connected to the internet is like encountering cosmic radiation in space.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yup.  Folks really do not want to know... there isn’t anything you can do at this point, it will be epic.. but doubt the survivors will be able to write the truth.   With exception of a few catacomb-ers..

God have mercy...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As an IT Security guy... I have zero doubt at this point in time.

Yup.  Folks really do not want to know... there isn’t anything you can do at this point, it will be epic.. but doubt the survivors will be able to write the truth.   With exception of a few catacomb-ers..

God have mercy...

Damn this is a cheery place today. Think I’ll go gargle some drain cleaner to feel better.

Just kidding.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's not true. I've seen firsthand what one of the oil majors as well as you-know-which-chip-giant deal with on a daily basis to keep foreign interests out of their shit. It's insane. And 100% justified because they have crap incoming from both foes and "allies" hourly. There's a shitload of cyberattacks on US oil majors originating from France. Total engaging in corporate espionage? Not to mention encountering Chinese hackers when you have something connected to the internet is like encountering cosmic radiation in space.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The frustrating part is when general rules are applied across the board, without thought as to why they exist in the first place.  Proper security is not just checking off boxes.

And it's not just the oil industry that is aware of France.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Back up 100% now.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

LOL.

That's a deep cut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"THE SYSTEM.  IS DOWN."
"THE SYSTEM.  IS DOWN."
"THE SYSTEM.  IS DOWN."

https://64.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw369aB5QF1r2zfhn.gif

LOL.

That's a deep cut.

I needed that today.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#22]
The Quantum Financial System is being put in place.

The Federal Reserve is no longer needed.

Do research on 'NESARA'.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The frustrating part is when general rules are applied across the board, without thought as to why they exist in the first place.  Proper security is not just checking off boxes.
View Quote

Nonsense. Consistency and repeatability is the goal. And the way you get that is with a checklist. It's common knowledge throughout the Army so it must be correct.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#25]
From CNBC article:

"The outage occurred the same week Fed Chairman Jerome Powell spoke to Capitol Hill legislators about the progress the central bank has made on its consumer-focused payments system and efforts to develop a "digital dollar."

Powell said this will be "an important year" for the program's development.

"It's going to be a year in which we engage with the public pretty actively," the central bank leader said during a House committee hearing.
The Fed has been developing a digital payments system for several years that, among other things, would help unbanked people have greater access to payments systems.
Powell didn't provide specifics but noted that the Fed could need some official authorization to proceed with its plans.
"We could well need legislative authorization for such a thing," he said."

View Quote
"Help unbanked people"... yeah right. They won't need to print much longer, and all those Fed systems that were impacted by the outage won't be needed if the Fed gets their way. One banking authority, no competition, no longer even the pretense of real money, just "The Fed, your friendly government bank". The money behind Clinton/Pelosi/Biden is no doubt salivating at the thought...

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#26]
They probably hosted their services with Amazon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#27]
“The sales guy made me reboot the web server”
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#28]
The box for Normal Operations is checked.
Everything is fine.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top