Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a couple 2nd world places I might consider.  Very few 3rd world.
View Quote

It's not a ranking system.

The only remaining bastions of the old 2nd world are places like North Korea and Cuba... arguably now Venezuela has joined.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They weren’t part of the Soviet Union.
View Quote

They were still under the Soviet sphere of influence.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am always puzzled by the attitude displayed towards anyone who even considers living some place besides the US.

I have travelled lots of places around the globe and there are numerous places I could see myself living.  If I wasn't married I would already be gone.

I don't dislike the United States as a place but it isn't the end all be all, greatest place on earth IMO.  

I love rural Italy, small mountain villages in Germany, any small fishing village along the North Sea Coast of the Netherlands, I like the hustle and bustle of Singapore and Hong Kong and the tranquility of most small Greek villages.
View Quote

Most of us haven't traveled that much. I've seen most of the Pacific rim but I've never been to Europe.

I was shocked to discover how affordable land is in Sweden, would have expected it to be really expensive but small farms are much cheaper there than in the US.

I'm going to stick with the US, the old world has problems we don't.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You might wanna check your info. Poland and Czechkslovakia were indeed part of the USSR.
View Quote

The 82IQ thread is thataway...  --->
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Lol. No.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Czech Republic is probably the closest, but you'd have to restart your collection, pass a test, get Doc write off and learn the language. Once you do that you can own and CCW. One step up and you can buy full auto, but I'm not sure how hard that permit is to get.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am always puzzled by the attitude displayed towards anyone who even considers living some place besides the US.

I have travelled lots of places around the globe and there are numerous places I could see myself living.  If I wasn't married I would already be gone.

I don't dislike the United States as a place but it isn't the end all be all, greatest place on earth IMO.  

I love rural Italy, small mountain villages in Germany, any small fishing village along the North Sea Coast of the Netherlands, I like the hustle and bustle of Singapore and Hong Kong and the tranquility of most small Greek villages.
Guns

There is zero place I can live and have my guns and access to a place to shoot them like I do.

If I didnt like guns, I probably would be living in the Alps region of France or Switzerland

Czech Republic is probably the closest, but you'd have to restart your collection, pass a test, get Doc write off and learn the language. Once you do that you can own and CCW. One step up and you can buy full auto, but I'm not sure how hard that permit is to get.

From my travels there, rural Czech is thick with fun sticks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I meant to say they were still under the Soviet sphere of influence so you can walk yourself into that thread.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I meant to say they were still under the Soviet sphere of influence so you can walk yourself into that thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
... places to live in the future than the US?
Yea, I know the West is better for now, but at least the above mentioned areas aren't getting their asses handed to them by a bunch of pink haired, fat trans weird o's like we are.
View Quote

Ukraine is on the verge of getting there version of a 2nd amendment.  Been looking at some properties and could seem myself splitting time there, have kids in USA, but a Ukrainian wife.  Had a friend relocate to Batumi, Georgia for retirement.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As long as you don't live in a metro area things are still pretty normal and awesome in the USA, for now.
View Quote

I’m with this guy. Biden is doing an awesome job and you are collectively making tremendous strides towards racial justice and gender equality. If you violent racists would just give up your guns and stop killing black people and transgenders America would pretty much be perfect so there is no reason to come here.

It’s awful here and you would hate it. It’s cold and shitty,there’s no culture let alone diversity,crime is rampant,women are hideous and I can’t own guns. It’s bad,like Alaska without Inuits.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:40:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The area around Georgia in the Caucasas is supposed to be very fertile and isn't supposed to be as badly affected by the grand solar minimum.  However, it's partially populated by the Armenians (no complaints against them) but it is always contested (probably b/c they're Christians and their neighbors are Muslims) and I don't want to be in a war zone.
View Quote

You really need to visit that country.  When it opens back up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

You said what you said and you were wrong.

They were part of the Warsaw pact which was under Soviet influence. So you did correct yourself.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Congratulations.

You fell for propaganda.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yea, I know the West is better for now, but at least the above mentioned areas aren't getting their asses handed to them by a bunch of pink haired, fat trans weird o's like we are.
View Quote

Watch some videos of what it's like to live in a former Soviet country.

They are very poor, run down, and largely abandoned.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't know the local languages but get around ok.  It is nice and refreshing to have people not HATE me and having honest & open conversations without being yelled at.  I only get yelled at by the crazy old babuskas but it doesn't count since I don't know what they're saying.

For all the corruption here, it is far more honest of a country than the US.  And people here don't want me dead.

It is so much more peaceful and less stressful here, especially since the locals hate communists and what it's done to their society.

I could post pictures of all the beautiful women but that gets old.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is extremely dependent on the country itself, and what part of the country as well. Also not sure what you mean by abandoned...there's like...a lot of people in most of them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Buses are packed and new construction all around my area.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#18]
The worst neighborhood in New Delhi is safer than the best neighborhood in Baltimore.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The worst neighborhood in New Delhi is safer than the best neighborhood in Baltimore.
View Quote

Doubtful. Delhi is one of the most dangerous major cities in India.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#20]
This is probably one of the dumbest fucking things I’ve ever read.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is probably one of the dumbest fucking things I’ve ever read.
View Quote

After everything that MSM & big tech has done these past years and all the new requirements regarding gender identification and then outrageous cancel culture.  You decide to call this the dumbest thing you've ever read?  Where have you been these past few years, few months, and few days??
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Turkmenistan is pretty lit

Turkmenistan's president performs in rap video with his grandson
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wut? I beg to differ and I just moved out of Maryland.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Former soviet countries in Eastern Europe are rapidly improving in living standards and economy. The improvement is so large that the globalist EU wants to ruin it for them and has been trying to force them to take in 3rd world immigrants, which they have wisely been fighting tooth and nail. If Hungary and other former soviet countries keep electing right leaning politicians and not globalists, then without a doubt they will be better places to live at in the future imo.

Crime wise, our most violent cities have more murders per year than the most violent countries in 3rd world central america, Baltimore has a higher homicide rate than even MS-13 plagued Nicaragua. And with Biden in office + defund police and other BS being pushed, crime is going to go up everywhere, so former soviet countries might be safer in general even now too...I blame the left / Democrats for this decline in our country, all of their policies are slowly making us a 3rd world country and some areas like Baltimore and Detroit are already there, only food stamps is propping them up.

WJZ FACT CHECK: Is Baltimore’s Murder Rate Higher Than Central American Countries’?

WJZ reviewed data from 2018, the last full year for which data is available.

Data from the U.S. State Department’s Overseas Security Advisory Council lists El Salvador’s murder rate at 50 per 100,000 residents in 2018.

The council’s report listed Guatemala’s 2018 murder rate at 22 per 100,000.

Honduras’ 2018 murder rate was not included in OSAC’s annual crime and safety report published in April, but a report from the Observatory of Violence at the National Autonomous University of Honduras gave a figure of 41.4 murders per 100,000 residents.

HOW DOES BALTIMORE COMPARE?

Charm City ended 2018 with a total of 309 murders, according to the Baltimore Police Department. So far in 2019, police report 196 homicides have occurred.

Using the U.S. Census Bureau’s July 2018 population estimate for the city of 602,495, Baltimore’s 2018 murder rate is 51.3 murders per 100,000 residents.

CLAIM: TRUE
View Quote

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/08/01/fact-check-baltimore-murder-rate-higher-than-el-salvador-guatemala-honduras/
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I watch a ton of the travel blogs, it is eye opening to see friendly and polite people in a very poor Eastern European country.

Bald and Bankrupt travels all over poor areas of Ukraine and Estonia and I was shocked at the people cleaning off their streets, the fresh paint on the trains, and the friendliness of the locals.

I dont speak Russian nor have a YouTube channel but it's cool to see little cities like that. Puts things in perspective when you are living in a 500sqft condo adjacent to a homeless camp for 2 grand a month
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's possible that Baltimore is worse. I linked it in my other post and the stats show that Baltimore is more dangerous than even the most violent country in central america is, if it's not as dangerous as Delhi then it could still be a runner up.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I swear, GD has become a mirror of DU of when Trump was president.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

IDK, Maryland JPN sounds pretty nice Hows the work week there?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#30]
My russian coworker has lovely stories about gangs in post soviet Moscow. He loves his country, but will be glad to be a US citizen.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#31]
My dad had plans of going to Ukraine after retirement. That got nixed when the rooskies started annexing portions of the country and went into complete disarray.

He knew enough people in the country and had been many times over the last 2 decades that he felt comfortable with living under their system. When they all started fleeing their own country that was it for his dream
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My dad had plans of going to Ukraine after retirement. That got nixed when the rooskies started annexing portions of the country and went into complete disarray.

He knew enough people in the country and had been many times over the last 2 decades that he felt comfortable with living under their system. When they all started fleeing their own country that was it for his dream
View Quote

In many ways, Russia being Russia was one of the best things that could have happened to them. It helped draw clear lines and not even the nuttiest apologists could really deny reality at that stage, well, maybe a handful of arfcommers. They lost some key regions (which had already been massive pro-Russian voting blocs), but gained some focus.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I doubt it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My russian coworker has lovely stories about gangs in post soviet Moscow. He loves his country, but will be glad to be a US citizen.
View Quote

It was real bad in the post soviet years up until the 2000s sometime. Now the gangs run the country, but the streets are relatively safe lol.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last year Baltimore had 300 murders for a population of 600,000.

Last year New Delhi had 500 murders for a population of 30 million.

It looks to me like Baltimore's murder rate is nearly 33 times higher than New Delhi's.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It was real bad in the post soviet years up until the 2000s sometime. Now the gangs run the country, but the streets are relatively safe lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should hear him talk about being in the army of Mother Russia.

The funny part is that he was stationed at the base where the Kalashnikov people do their gun videos.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Not even remotely.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:40:25 PM EDT
[#38]
How's Estonia looking these days?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Parts of Hungary might be okay too...
View Quote

Very little food there
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You actually believe gov't officials who served and supported soviet block regimes?

Saudi countries??? Yes, known for their freedom and tolerance. Ask any journalist from there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crime ridden shit-holes .... all of them

What are you smoking? Crime rates in developed places like Czech Republic, Poland, and even Saudi countries are very low.

You actually believe gov't officials who served and supported soviet block regimes?

Saudi countries??? Yes, known for their freedom and tolerance. Ask any journalist from there

The crime numbers in the US will be artificially deflated very soon.  
Probably are in some big cities right now, plus there is a complicit news media,

Anyways , there was that Caucasian dancers thread.
Georgia doesn’t look so bad
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Caucasian-Dance/5-2417022/
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lol. No.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#42]
You could live like a warlord in Chechnya and live the sporting  life hanging on to what you have and your head.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:50:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Probably are in some big cities right now, plus there is a complicit news media,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Crime ridden shit-holes .... all of them

What are you smoking? Crime rates in developed places like Czech Republic, Poland, and even Saudi countries are very low.

They also have hachipuri
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh bull fucking shit.  There hasn’t been any effort by the right to close off all communication, participation, speech, and employment of every leftist that pushed Russia, or Ukraine bullshit or called for hyperbolic actions against the right or even organized and carried out violence across the country for months.  

The fucking bullshit you just spewed would fill a lake.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The funny part is that he was stationed at the base where the Kalashnikov people do their gun videos.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I know a few people who were in the Russian army. Most guys seem to avoid the so called mandatory service time though
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

A depleted wasteland of despair
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's bullshit and you know it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've already claimed the couch of @outofbattery in the name of the people of Burundi.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oh bull fucking shit.  There hasn’t been any effort by the right to close off all communication, participation, speech, and employment of every leftist that pushed Russia, or Ukraine bullshit or called for hyperbolic actions against the right or even organized and carried out violence across the country for months.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DU did all of that?

Wow.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#50]
More euro babe photos please
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top