User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Couple of questions before I comment:

1. How did you determine the height?
2. What is the resolution of your thermal?
3.  Why do you describe it as a shadow man, what specific things did you observe?

@axeeclipse14
View Quote

1. I judged it's height by the trees it was directly in front of. Which my brother in law agreed with when he described his encounter.

2. I have a Hogster 35

3. It was a human type shape minus it's legs. It did not have legs from what I could see...and it had very thin long arms. No hands from what I could see. When it moved, it was more like gliding rather than walking.

The BIL said it DID have a face. And he saw its eyes which had a faint glow to them.  He didn't mention anything about it's arms/hands ect.  I'll ask him about it if you want maybe better details. He does get shook up he's 18 (he was 16 at the time of the encounter)

ETA:. It seemed to have spooked deer that was close by. They got the fuck out of there
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have one hell of a scary story on one of my deployment in Iraq.

Karmah, Iraq, 2008

Our platoon had been on several missions back to back, including a census in our AO and building COPs.
We had been doing 12 hour patrols, going to every house, searching every house for a few days.
In between that, we would go to out to secure a COP, and for some reason, my platoon got shafted and did all the work for the COP.
We built up a hasty COP to be used in rotation between the other platoons. After we finished it in a day or so, we were told to move it about 15 miles away to a different place.
We un-done every sandbag we filled. every Hesco we filled (by carrying sandbags up several flites of stairs.
We packed it into trucks along with 50 cases of MREs, guns, ammo, gear, etc...everything to the new place and filled more sandbags and Hescos by hand that I care to count.

We finally get the new COP fortified and operational. Without rest, my squad gets sent on a recon/ambush mission. We get dropped off 20 clicks away, walk another 5 or so through flooded fields to avoid interaction with the Iraqi Civilian Watch. We set up in a field, wet and cold and wait. It's dark out...almost too dark for NVGs. Arty sends us some illumination, which half of them failed by plummeting in the field nearby (scary by itself hearing it hurdling down towards you but you can't see it).
Were there for a several hours and we get word our mission is canked and we got a new follow up mission that is urgent.. to help Iraqi police pick up body parts and locate a bomber/IED intel/secondary IEDs from an IED'd IP.
We get there. IP was killed by a remote IED. we find the wire, link up with a dog team and the trail ends at a sack of bread the bad guy left for the dogs.
Dog team ultimately gets picked up by one of our squads another mission, we walk our happy tired ass back to our exfil sight about 10 clicks from where we are now.
We make it, sit there, and have to wait for our squad to come back to the COP with the dog team before they can get us. 8 hours later, sun is starting to rise, and they make their way.
They finally reach us, and we're relived. Driver gets an MRAP stuck....
Now we have to wait for a recovery truck. Many hours later, the recovery truck arrives. Woohoo!
Recovery truck gets stuck.

We're due for post at the COP. We're told to walk back.
20 something odd clicks later (it's dark again), we finally make it back to a bitching squad on post who has been on post 1 hour longer than scheduled.  
We man our posts, cold, wet, tired, and hungry.

Our post's aren't manufactured. They are artisan hand-built fortresses compiled of sandbags, hescos, cami-netting, humvee ballistic glass and lawn chairs, so you have to sit down to be protected.

Now here is the scary part...
It's dark, I'm completely exhausted and drained. I'm staring out into the dark abyss of what is the Iraqi countryside, and then all of sudden, I hear what sounds like someone yelling in my ear "HEY!". It sounded loud, but at the same time wasn't. Very hard to explain. I felt the breath hit my ear when it happened.
Confused...I start to look around...and thats when I saw it....

My Platoon Sgt (big black former Drill Instructor)....
I had fallen asleep on post and never knew it.....

Me and sandbags got acquainted alot more closely.....
View Quote

This post brought up a lot of feelings.

Sometimes I almost miss it and then I read something like this and I snap back to reality.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:42:41 AM EDT
[#3]
It's creepy as shit finding people walking around in complete darkness. I'm sure their eyes are already adjusted to the dark.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:12:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ive never seen anything weird

But have you guys ever heard the sound a bobcat makes
View Quote

Back about 3 years ago I was in my living room at night.  My wife was driving home from town with the kids and I was alone.  I heard what sounded like an infant crying outside.  It was winter and it sounded so much like a baby that I grabbed a flashlight and went outside.  I heard it again coming from our chicken coop and when I got close, a dead chicken slid off the roof of the coop.

Later I found some YouTube vids of bobcats calling and it is crazy how much it sounds like a human baby.

I tood my wife I thought I someone had left a baby in a basket at our doorstep.  And it was crazy how I felt an urgent need to run and save it from the cold.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:47:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

1. I judged it's height by the trees it was directly in front of. Which my brother in law agreed with when he described his encounter.

2. I have a Hogster 35

3. It was a human type shape minus it's legs. It did not have legs from what I could see...and it had very thin long arms. No hands from what I could see. When it moved, it was more like gliding rather than walking.

The BIL said it DID have a face. And he saw its eyes which had a faint glow to them.  He didn't mention anything about it's arms/hands ect.  I'll ask him about it if you want maybe better details. He does get shook up he's 18 (he was 16 at the time of the encounter)

ETA:. It seemed to have spooked deer that was close by. They got the fuck out of there
View Quote

The bottom line is that you most likely had a Sasquatch encounter and you got to see it on thermal.  I have to make a few assumptions here, but I believe you were also in danger and additional backstory might shed some light on the context. Allow me to explain.

When you mentioned your city, I had to look it up, but when I saw were you are located I laughed because you are located in a high traffic corridor.  I know that the area produces a lot of Sasquatch encounters.  In fact, there is a very high likelihood that your neighbors and friends that play in the same woods have some very interesting stories to tell.  And there is a good chance you already know that.

Based on your height estimate that eliminates everything else in those woods except Sasquatch.  Ten feet is the top of the scale for that area and that would leave me to believe that you had an interaction with an alpha.  The fact that you mentioned you saw it at the tree line and it was exposed signals to me that you may have been dealing with a pissed off alpha and that would be a real danger to you.  The alpha at the woodline was marking its property boundry in person.  Do you have any backstory why it's clan might have been threatened by your actions?

Your thermal is a low resolution model, so unfortunately I would not expect you to see finer details, but with a higher resolution scope at your distance you would have been able to see more details like hair and such.  There are a couple of factors as to why you couldn't see the legs.  First, if it was running through thicket or heavy grass, the heat signature might have been occluded by the vegetation.  The second factor may be cloaking.  Certainly a controversial topic, but I believe it is happening.  The rule of thumb is that the closer you get to it, the more likely you will see this effect.  I have stated in the Bigfoot threads that thermal is the number one tool, because I believe we can detect them, at least partially, when they do it.  You can also see their tracks on thermal as well if you are stupid enough to try and follow them.

The gliding motion when they move is a function of their bio-mechanics.  That is a very common attribute reported by people who have encounters.  They are not floating, it is an illusion.  

I look forward to your response.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:14:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Your thermal is a low resolution model, so unfortunately I would not expect you to see finer details, but with a higher resolution scope at your distance you would have been able to see more details like hair and such.  

View Quote

50 yards, with a 384 sensor, with a native 2x magnification?

He should have had a VERY good image, unless he was out of focus.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:20:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you can see the strands of hair you have a very good image.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:22:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you can see the strands of hair you have a very good image.
View Quote

I won't argue that point, but to indicate his image had low resolution isn't fair. If his stated distance is correct he could have captured images that would be incredible.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:24:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I haven't seen squat other than shooting some guns and watching the aurora through a pvs-14.  That was a fun night.  Edit: I think the first might have been a PVS-7 and the 2nd photo was a 14.  It's been a few years.

Buddy of mine swore a tree his convoy parked next to in Iraq had bodies hanging from it through nods, but nothing with regular light.  He had some pretty interesting (and sometimes messed up) stories from his deployements.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/147327683_10157475642996504_1485296472846438665_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=mE5_KbBK0hsAX9HFWrA&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=1eeeefb5def6384fbbc86d1a3a4b8d0c&oe=6057C3E4
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/146082717_10157475643066504_5458332837826605435_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=2AmoQqaPw4kAX8mPOVT&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=bb80b5dcb0013aa369eb28cb11523fa4&oe=605A046C
View Quote

Is that the public range in Fairbanks?

I've shot there before. Is that old dude that tried to catch your brass in a coffee can before it Hits the ground still out there?  Lol
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:32:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I won't argue that point, but to indicate his image had low resolution isn't fair. If his stated distance is correct he could have captured images that would be incredible.
View Quote

We are establishing an expectation of the amount of image detail he will have at 50 yards.  The greater the resolution, the greater the detail.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:41:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've shot there before. Is that old dude that tried to catch your brass in a coffee can before it Hits the ground still out there?  Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I haven't seen squat other than shooting some guns and watching the aurora through a pvs-14.  That was a fun night.  Edit: I think the first might have been a PVS-7 and the 2nd photo was a 14.  It's been a few years.

Buddy of mine swore a tree his convoy parked next to in Iraq had bodies hanging from it through nods, but nothing with regular light.  He had some pretty interesting (and sometimes messed up) stories from his deployements.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/147327683_10157475642996504_1485296472846438665_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=mE5_KbBK0hsAX9HFWrA&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=1eeeefb5def6384fbbc86d1a3a4b8d0c&oe=6057C3E4
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/146082717_10157475643066504_5458332837826605435_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=2AmoQqaPw4kAX8mPOVT&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=bb80b5dcb0013aa369eb28cb11523fa4&oe=605A046C

Yup, it's Cushman.  Norm won't touch your brass if you ask him not to.  On the other hand, if you let him pick it up (and ask nicely) he'll usually let you put a couple mags through the assorted machine guns he has with him that day.  Hell, when I had family visiting, he wheeled out a M2, 1919, Mac 10, UZI, and a couple others for them to shoot.  He's a really stand up guy who loves to get people into shooting, but uses the brass pickups to fund reloads to let people shoot like that.

That's actually him in the aurora photo, he brought out the 1919, a bolt action 50, and a couple other machine guns to that night/nod shoot for people to play with at no cost.  I don't know him anywhere near as well as I'd like, but he's definitely on my 'good people' list from the years I've known him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:42:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I remember when we first started getting NVGs, the first field exercise I got to use a pair you could see all the smokers on the line trying to be stealthy, ducking in the bottom of a foxhole doesn't help, putting a poncho over the foxhole makes it even worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the anti-smoking posters in the '80's was a picture of someone lit up by their cigarette in the crosshairs of a nightvision scope with the caption "Smoking kills".
I remember when we first started getting NVGs, the first field exercise I got to use a pair you could see all the smokers on the line trying to be stealthy, ducking in the bottom of a foxhole doesn't help, putting a poncho over the foxhole makes it even worse.

For a dingus that's only used nods 3 times, how does that look?  Does the entire poncho glow, just the edges having a halo, etc?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:49:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yup, it's Cushman.  Norm won't touch your brass if you ask him not to.  On the other hand, if you let him pick it up (and ask nicely) he'll usually let you put a couple mags through the assorted machine guns he has with him that day.  Hell, when I had family visiting, he wheeled out a M2, 1919, Mac 10, UZI, and a couple others for them to shoot.  He's a really stand up guy who loves to get people into shooting, but uses the brass pickups to fund reloads to let people shoot like that.

That's actually him in the aurora photo, he brought out the 1919, a bolt action 50, and a couple other machine guns to that night/nod shoot for people to play with at no cost.  I don't know him anywhere near as well as I'd like, but he's definitely on my 'good people' list from the years I've known him.
View Quote

That's awesome. I figured he was just some old weirdo, out doing old weirdo things. Lol

I didn't really care about the brass, as I was only there for a couple of months, it just seemed like a weird thing for someone to do.

I like that area. I got to spend two winters and a summer up there for work.  I'd live there, but my wife hated it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lol Ill never forget it

My buddy and I just got nods at the time about 10 years ago

Out at some forrest reserve. We heard that sound, sounded like a lady being sacrificed and we just noped right on out of that area
View Quote

Bohemian Grove?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:13:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Satellites that appear to make turns are either:

- an optical illusion caused by the auto kinetic effect. This is well known by pilots.

- not satellites but birds or other flying creatures

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:28:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Mylar balloons floating by look trippy AF in thermal.

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:31:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I was using NV to watch deer feeding in the yard and a mink walked into the field, crept up to a completely oblivious deer, and bit or clawed her back leg.  She spun around with a very obvious "What the shit!?" look about her, then took a few curious steps toward the brave little critter.  The damn mink jumped at her face and she hopped backwards.  The mink then took a little run at her and she trotted away like "fuck off, you little shit."

Watching something the size of a ferret try to go after a deer was quite strange and immensely entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#18]
When I first got thermal I dramatically evaded a hot dog turd that I happened to be standing right next to.

Full on kung fu moves like when you walk into a spider web.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your thermal is a low resolution model, so unfortunately I would not expect you to see finer details, but with a higher resolution scope at your distance you would have been able to see more details like hair and such.  

Appreciate the response FistPeso.

Like FMJ said... The resolution is decent. I can see pretty good details at 50 yards. For example , at 75 yards I could clearly make out what hunters were wearing and clearly could see their rifles slung on their back. So I do not think this thing had any fur.

Also, my BIL reported that the shadow man he came face to face with at sunset (so still somewhat light out) , said it was about as tall as the rims at his schools basketball court (10 feet). I've heard calls of what others have said is sasquatch and I've caught glimpses of a few moving in the woods. Though they were obstructed views , I could tell by their features that they had bear like fur...hell they could HAD been bears I don't really know.

This "shadow man"..... had zero features other than a head shape, tall slender body and long slender arms from my point of view. No sound while moving across the tree line, while the deer it spooked I heard as they ran off.

I just don't believe it was a sasquatch from my experience.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Like FMJ said... The resolution is decent. I can see pretty good details at 50 yards. For example , at 75 yards I could clearly make out what hunters were wearing and clearly could see their rifles slung on their back. So I do not think this thing had any fur.

Also, my BIL reported that the shadow man he came face to face with at sunset (so still somewhat light out) , said it was about as tall as the rims at his schools basketball court (10 feet). I've heard calls of what others have said is sasquatch and I've caught glimpses of a few moving in the woods. Though they were obstructed views , I could tell by their features that they had bear like fur...hell they could HAD been bears I don't really know.

This "shadow man"..... had zero features other than a head shape, tall slender body and long slender arms from my point of view. No sound while moving across the tree line, while the deer it spooked I heard as they ran off.

View Quote

@axeeclipse14 Check out this video and let me know of this is what you seen?

M.K.Davis discusses the Sasquatch altercation video

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqAM3dlh_nc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blurry as fuck, low-res video... yep, has to be a sasquatch.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We are establishing an expectation of the amount of image detail he will have at 50 yards.  The greater the resolution, the greater the detail.
View Quote

IIRC previous discussions correctly they poo and die in another dimension.  

So to be fair....    It's likely nearly impossible to capture an image of a being that can launch a growler into another plane of existence regardless of the equipment.

Somewhere..  In another timeline..  they've never heard of squatches and the greatest scientific minds of the time cant figure out where all those massive loafs are coming from.

Being that their DNA supposedly nearly identical to humans..   Do they break them off clean like nearly every other creature on Earth or are they cursed with the human trait of..  not?

I mean they've got to be the size of your arm and with all that fur...

I suppose if the portal were meticulously placed they could compensate for the issue somewhat.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Nothing to add on NVG/Thermals, but yes, I've heard a bobcat.

The best story was told to me by another guy I used to hunt with.  He was taking another fella hunting early one morning and a bobcat "screamed."  His friend was a little jumpy and asked what that was?  My friend, being a smart alec, told him it was nothing more than a woman being murdered by the guys who owned the farm next to the hunting land.

He said that he really screwed up telling the guy that, since the guy was so scared that he wouldn't let my friend leave him until the sun came up!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But have you guys ever heard the sound a bobcat makes

Nothing to add on NVG/Thermals, but yes, I've heard a bobcat.

The best story was told to me by another guy I used to hunt with.  He was taking another fella hunting early one morning and a bobcat "screamed."  His friend was a little jumpy and asked what that was?  My friend, being a smart alec, told him it was nothing more than a woman being murdered by the guys who owned the farm next to the hunting land.

He said that he really screwed up telling the guy that, since the guy was so scared that he wouldn't let my friend leave him until the sun came up!

Nothing like watching a grown man pee on himself when a screech owl cuts loose in the trees above his head.......
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Blurry as fuck, low-res video... yep, has to be a sasquatch.
View Quote

That isn't important as establishing a frame of reference to what they seen.  Not all footage is blurry, but this footage appears to capture the exact depiction of what is being described.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#26]
My thermal has way better resolution than that lol but...minus the legs it's similar. From that video it looks to be about as slender as the figure I saw.  Ohh btw..... I forgot to mention this and I am sorry but being on the topic of a possible warm blooded creature with sasquatch. What I saw was cold...I was in white hot and the figure I saw was cold black.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The bottom line is that you most likely had a Sasquatch encounter and you got to see it on thermal.  I have to make a few assumptions here, but I believe you were also in danger and additional backstory might shed some light on the context. Allow me to explain.

When you mentioned your city, I had to look it up, but when I saw were you are located I laughed because you are located in a high traffic corridor.  I know that the area produces a lot of Sasquatch encounters.  In fact, there is a very high likelihood that your neighbors and friends that play in the same woods have some very interesting stories to tell.  And there is a good chance you already know that.

Based on your height estimate that eliminates everything else in those woods except Sasquatch.  Ten feet is the top of the scale for that area and that would leave me to believe that you had an interaction with an alpha.  The fact that you mentioned you saw it at the tree line and it was exposed signals to me that you may have been dealing with a pissed off alpha and that would be a real danger to you.  The alpha at the woodline was marking its property boundry in person.  Do you have any backstory why it's clan might have been threatened by your actions?

Your thermal is a low resolution model, so unfortunately I would not expect you to see finer details, but with a higher resolution scope at your distance you would have been able to see more details like hair and such.  There are a couple of factors as to why you couldn't see the legs.  First, if it was running through thicket or heavy grass, the heat signature might have been occluded by the vegetation.  The second factor may be cloaking.  Certainly a controversial topic, but I believe it is happening.  The rule of thumb is that the closer you get to it, the more likely you will see this effect.  I have stated in the Bigfoot threads that thermal is the number one tool, because I believe we can detect them, at least partially, when they do it.  You can also see their tracks on thermal as well if you are stupid enough to try and follow them.

The gliding motion when they move is a function of their bio-mechanics.  That is a very common attribute reported by people who have encounters.  They are not floating, it is an illusion.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2. I have a Hogster 35

You should get your meds adjusted...
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

For a dingus that's only used nods 3 times, how does that look?  Does the entire poncho glow, just the edges having a halo, etc?
View Quote
The whole poncho will glow, when you duck in the bottom of a foxhole the sides of the foxhole will reflect the light from the cigarette, putting a poncho over the hole makes it worse. Another worthless trick was putting a soda can over the end of the cigarette, it would mostly conceal the glow from the naked eye but with NVGs it would still light up the smokers face. On a really dark night  you can see a unmasked cigarette from long ways away with the naked eye, with NVGs it's like someone shining a flash light around.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Mylar balloons floating by look trippy AF in thermal.

View Quote

Want to have some real fun? Get a Mylar balloon filled with helium, punch holes in the fringes and tie fishing line to them, then tie green chem lights to them and activate....... them let the balloon go into the air
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm a big p***y when it comes to the paranormal. I really love my house and property, and really don't want to see anything that will change that
View Quote

Why would a ghost have a thermal image?  What is their power source?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

So to be fair....    It's likely nearly impossible to capture an image of a being that can launch a growler into another plane of existence regardless of the equipment.

Somewhere..  In another timeline..  they've never heard of squatches and the greatest scientific minds of the time cant figure out where all those massive loafs are coming from.

Being that their DNA supposedly nearly identical to humans..   Do they break them off clean like nearly every other creature on Earth or are they cursed with the human trait of..  not?

I suppose if the portal were meticulously placed they could compensate for the issue somewhat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My thermal has way better resolution than that lol but...minus the legs it's similar. From that video it looks to be about as slender as the figure I saw.  Ohh btw..... I forgot to mention this and I am sorry but being on the topic of a possible warm blooded creature with sasquatch. What I saw was cold...I was in white hot and the figure I saw was cold black.
View Quote

Truly this stuff is way out there thanks for sharing your info.  Your info compiled with other experiences may help shed light on this stuff.  

My observations under thermal have been hot not cold, so your contact may indeed be something else, possibly related.  The more data we share the better we can become at finding answers.  

A couple other points.  Sasquatch can run absolutely silent right past you.  I observed that in 2019 on thermal.  About 10 feet away or so, zero noise on fall leaf litter.  They also don't have fur, they have hair.  That is why I was talking about resolution.  You can see that detail with higher resolution.  

If you think of anything else I would love to hear about it.  Your thermal contact is novel especially considering your location.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

They pull heat from around them as power. Their thermal image would be cold.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man, I miss Art Bell and Coast to Coast AM.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#36]
This thread makes me nervous
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

A little background on me personally, I ran the Cincinnati Bigfoot Research Group here in Ohio from 1989-2004. We had a web presence, were on interviews around the world, and had several magazine articles. For those in the know I attended the Bigfoot conference annually in Newcomerstown several years. Even had a presence at the MUFON conference(39th back when Kenny Young was in charge locally and still alive) I hung out with or conversed with people like Don Keating, Jeff Meldrum, Ray Burke, Joedy Cook of Grassman Fame, Matt Moneymaker of the BFRO(of course that’s not his real name) even Loren Coleman of the International Museum of Cryptozoology. We were in it before people were making shows for Discovery channel. My point is I knew these people and others, and more importantly their culture.

I say all this to respectfully say this. People in that “field” are very cliquey. To most of them, everything is a Bigfoot, or nothing is a Bigfoot. And when the something is not a bigfoot, then its something common(cant be a demon, cant be something else unexplained, cant be another cryptid.) Theyre the most echo chambered people Ive come across. I think most of the things ive seen described in this thread, seen by myself and others fall into the “something else” category. The bigfoot people will generally tell you that youre wrong, either protecting their pet hobby or their regional area, but they wont leave open the possibility of other possibilities. I think what we’ve seen here are many other possibilities.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This thread makes me nervous
View Quote

Mom used to tell me that “there’s nothing in the dark that’s not there in the daytime“

Mom was a liar. There is an entire different world out there at night
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A little background on me personally, I ran the Cincinnati Bigfoot Research Group here in Ohio from 1989-2004. We had a web presence, were on interviews around the world, and had several magazine articles. For those in the know I attended the Bigfoot conference annually in Newcomerstown several years. Even had a presence at the MUFON conference(39th back when Kenny Young was in charge locally and still alive) I hung out with or conversed with people like Don Keating, Jeff Meldrum, Ray Burke, Joedy Cook of Grassman Fame, Matt Moneymaker of the BFRO(of course that’s not his real name) even Loren Coleman of the International Museum of Cryptozoology. We were in it before people were making shows for Discovery channel. My point is I knew these people and others, and more importantly their culture.

I say all this to respectfully say this. People in that “field” are very cliquey. To most of them, everything is a Bigfoot, or nothing is a Bigfoot. And when the something is not a bigfoot, then its something common(cant be a demon, cant be something else unexplained, cant be another cryptid.) Theyre the most echo chambered people Ive come across. I think most of the things ive seen described in this thread, seen by myself and others fall into the “something else” category. The bigfoot people will generally tell you that youre wrong, either protecting their pet hobby or their regional area, but they wont leave open the possibility of other possibilities. I think what we’ve seen here are many other possibilities.
View Quote

Sure, but I am aware of other entities.  Until he mentioned the thermal image was cold every attribute indicated a Sasquatch, especially considering where he had the contact.  Everything isn't a Sasquatch to me that's for sure.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:27:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Mom used to tell me that “there’s nothing in the dark that’s not there in the daytime“

View Quote

The day contains real dangers, the night both real and imagined.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:28:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

You got that right brother.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sure, but I am aware of other entities.  Until he mentioned the thermal image was cold every attribute indicated a Sasquatch, especially considering where he had the contact.  Everything isn't a Sasquatch to me that's for sure.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#43]
OP,

What type of encounters have you had?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

BTW I am not cliquey in general but that is because I have bigger fish to fry.  Groups become cliquey out of necessity, but I get it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
OP,

What type of encounters have you had?
View Quote

Ive listed one of my thermal encounters earlier in the thread, for fear of derailing I just kept it there, plus NODS and thermal are relatively recent for most civilians so I was hoping to gain some new perspectives.

Regarding my sightings/experiances … Ive had a few in Ohio and some in Rockcastle County Kentucky, and some more in SW WV near Lewisburg that are unnatural, back in the mid to late 80s. Ive pretty much kept out of the deep woods after those for a long time, and as Iaged I decided I wanted answers, so I started looking again. Id start another thread for it in a few days perhaps, but I have a YT channel ive been thinking about populating with them and I don’t want to get accused of self promotion(even though im not monetized) and I don’t want to double up work.

The hilites are the following … larger than several football fields aircraft, appeared to be lighter than air and moving slowly, rather low and just West of Cincinnati n early 80s. It was incredible and seen with naked eye.

What can only be described as bigfoot in Rockcastle County Ky on the edge of the Daniel Boone National Forest. My grandparents had a 65 acre farm that abutted against the National Forest, so the woods were limitless.

What can best be described as an entity with mimicry calling me into the woods when I was at the edge of a dirt road, sounding exactly like my father(who was in the car a few hundred feet away in the opposite direction. This was recurring for multiple people. This was in WV.

A couple “ghost encounters” witnessed by more than one person with me. Had I encountered them alone id have written them off as my mind playing tricks, however I then wonder how many times tricks were the real thing.

This may seem like  a lot, but being almost 50 and spending a lot of time both outside and looking where other people have said they saw things will do that. On the flipside, ive been to Gettysburg on four trips in the last several years, all a week long and I haven’t seen squat. Even went once with a self proclaimed psychic. Nada. Used thermal, went to all the spots, tons of research prior. Zip.

Once you’ve experienced something, you either run for it or yearn to see it again. Half my reason for NODS and expensive thermals was this quest. I want answers.

No, Ive never been on psychadellics, drugs of any sort ever, yes Ive been seen and my mind is quite normal. Yes I hold a job in six figures, yes I have normal long term relationships and im not crazy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

That video was simply embarrassing.  Jesus, they couldn't make it more blurry and less believable if they tried.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't have a thermal, I have a pvs-14.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#48]
this is starting to read like the Mall Ninja thread, but instead of the out-derping one another talk of saving the mayor's nephew from bathroom rape, taking Lapua rounds to back armor, and Mortal Combat loving asian gangs, there is out-derpiing one another talk of 10' tall, silent running, hairy, blurry, skinny/fat, no legs, demon, cloaking bigfoots.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Bigfoot
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

this is starting to read like the Mall Ninja thread, but instead of the out-derping one another talk of saving the mayor's nephew from bathroom rape, taking Lapua rounds to back armor, and Mortal Combat loving asian gangs, there is out-derpiing one another talk of 10' tall, silent running, hairy, blurry, skinny/fat, no legs, demon, cloaking bigfoots.
View Quote

I suppose you could exercise free will and exit the thread, or we could continue to derp in your head rent free

Your call cupcake
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top