Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've heard of that. It's called Project eldest son
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still have a ton of alleged CIA 8mm made in Canada for clandestine operations. Marked 1944 to confuse or so I read. It's actually pretty awesome ammo out of my k98, very clean and accurate.

no...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
$87.00
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I still have a LOT of the Turk that I took out of the bandoliers and stored in a couple of 50 cal ammo cans.

This was the second batch of the stuff I bought. The first batch was mostly the dreaded stuff with crappy case necks (47 maybe?). The rest of the Turk I have has been just fine in Turk Mausers and a Yugo M48A. I don't screw with it in my Hakim nor do I want to screw with reloading it for that use. I have plenty of Romanian the Hakim likes just fine. I don't run the 50's Yugo in it, either, due to legends it's bad in extractors and/or semis. Don't know how much truth there is to that, but with the Hakim going up steadily in value, I'm probably either going to reload for it or use commercial loads in it.

Also have three blue bandoliers I don't remember buying that I found in the back of my closet last year. Might have more squirreled away somewhere, I guess.

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh, I don't know. I was sittin' on the throne shootin' a squeezer earlier and thumbin' through a magazine and came across this ad......

https://i.imgur.com/A31myke.jpg

View Quote

Century Arms once did a monthly special; 4 Turk Mausers for $100 delivered ($25 each)

They were pretty rough but the four I received were complete and went bang.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Evidently, someone is paying $1 a round plus shipping for Yugo.
https://i.imgur.com/Bes82xS.jpg
View Quote

That's interesting. I have 4 or 5 boxes of that stuff. I wish Armslist didn't decide to charge fees.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh, I don't know. I was sittin' on the throne shootin' a squeezer earlier and thumbin' through a magazine and came across this ad......

View Quote

Nice advert. NEVER saw prices anywhere like those in the UK
Like the ClassIII .22lr Ruger 77/22 listing too....some fast bolt action work going on there!
(guessing the listing is in with the MGs as it's silenced - here an integral silencer is just a part of the gun & not listed by itself/needs any permission)
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Century Arms once did a monthly special; 4 Turk Mausers for $100 delivered ($25 each)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought 4.  I wish I had bought 100.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:34:01 PM EDT
[#8]
My local gunshop sold a rifle and 500 rounds of ammo for $100. I may have bought a couple
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I regret not snagging any. My only Turk Mauser was a gift from a Turkish friend.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I regret not snagging any. My only Turk Mauser was a gift from a Turkish friend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I had bought a bunch to get some of the variants.

Turks had many of the Mauser variations.  And while most were caught in the 30's upgrades you can still see some of the old in them.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I got about 10K rounds of it.  I might need to sell.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I can remember back in the early 00's thinking long and hard about buying a couple of Mausers just to take advantage of the super-cheap surplus ammo that was out there at the time.

Like an idiot, I didn't do it.
View Quote

Yep same here.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still have a ton of alleged CIA 8mm made in Canada for clandestine operations. Marked 1944 to confuse or so I read. It's actually pretty awesome ammo out of my k98, very clean and accurate.

no...

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-95.gif
The Commonwealth used BESA machineguns in their tanks chambered in 8x57.  Thus they made 8mm ammo.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Turks had many of the Mauser variations.  And while most were caught in the 30's upgrades you can still see some of the old in them.
View Quote

Indeed. Should have snagged an 1893.

I still want to find an Enfauser some day.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Commonwealth used BESA machineguns in their tanks chambered in 8x57.  Thus they made 8mm ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no...

I know...not sure the relevance of your post
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no...

There was no 'clandestine' 8mm ammo made in Canada.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kick myself for not getting an Enfauser when they were avaliable.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.. wrong...

Dominion industries made it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I sold a beat up turk rifle with no front sight 2 weeks ago.

Got $350 out of it :D
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol.. wrong...

View Quote

Right, but it wasn't clandestine. It was made for the Besa MGs they used. They used 8mm Mauser, so they produced it in some quantity. Nothing particularly shady about it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Just traded some off yesterday so the guy could pull components. 30cpr.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lol.. wrong...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.. wrong...

Yes, and it was made in large quantities for the BESA machine gun, like I said.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Right, but it wasn't clandestine. It was made for the Besa MGs they used. They used 8mm Mauser, so they produced it in some quantity. Nothing particularly shady about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.. wrong...

Exactly.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.. wrong...

Exactly.
Wrong and also wrong...

Thats not wartime ammo...as it is made to the WW1 "s" ball spec...  it's made postwar for clandestine use along with the similarly marked 9mm ammo.

If it was "wartime" ammo it would come in marked boxes with all the specs (maker/date/lot# etc) on it.  The headstamp wold conform to normal UK marking procedures....it doesn't...so it's not...
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wrong and also wrong...

Thats not wartime ammo...as it is made to the WW1 "s" ball spec...  it's made postwar for clandestine use along with the similarly marked 9mm ammo.

If it was "wartime" ammo it would come in marked boxes with all the specs (maker/date/lot# etc) on it.  The headstamp wold conform to normal UK marking procedures....it doesn't...so it's not...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.. wrong...

Exactly.
Wrong and also wrong...

source?

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#26]
I wonder if I still have a crate of yugo 8mm laying around.  I didn’t realize it had gotten that expensive.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

source?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.. wrong...

Exactly.
Wrong and also wrong...

source?

Source?

Show us the maker of that 8mm according to the headstamp.  Also what bullet is loaded according to the headstamp.

All according to commonwealth required markings.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Source?

Show us the maker of that 8mm according to the headstamp.  Also what bullet is loaded according to the headstamp.

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.. wrong...

Exactly.
Wrong and also wrong...

source?

Source?

Thanks

In other words no, you don't have one.

The clandestine stuff is bullshit.   Gun show rumor shit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In other words no, you don't have one.

The clandestine stuff is bullshit.   Gun show rumor shit.
View Quote
Sorry..already told you the source...

now go back and answer the questions I posted....
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a shit load of 70's Yugo and Turk in Bandos.  Turk is hotter than Yugo, accuracy both are close to each other.  I think I got the Yugo cases for around 89 bucks and Turk for about three bucks, maybe a little less per bando but that was back in the late 90's early '00.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I personally believe there was 8mm and 9mm clandestine ammo produced after ww2 by Dominion.  The cartridge collector nerds sure think so.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#32]
FYI the UK used 7.92 ammo in their besa machine guns, a British version of the Czechoslovak ZB-53 air-cooled, belt-fed machine gun.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I personally believe there was 8mm and 9mm clandestine ammo produced after ww2 by Dominion.  The cartridge collector nerds sure think so.
View Quote

Of course they do.   They have a vested interest in their investment.   Plus it is a cool spyish thing.

Fact is, while it could have happened.  It probably didn't.

Occam's razor.  Plus Canada never has been much into clandestine stuff.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Of course they do.   They have a vested interest in their investment.   Plus it is a cool spyish thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only you would answer the questions I posted....then you might learn...
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of what you posted proves 'clandestine' manufacture.

Here is one of the 'other' explanations.   Domninion had left over components from WWII, but not everything, and used them and also new components to make up a commercial sale to China to use in all the left over 8mm stuff they still had on hand.

But once again, I have no proof, but it has just as much credibility as the 'clandestine' stuff and actually is more logical.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 7:42:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Here is one of the 'other' explanations.   Domninion had left over components from WWII, but not everything, and used them and also new components to make up a commercial sale to China to use in all the left over 8mm stuff they still had on hand.

But once again, I have no proof, but it has just as much credibility as the 'clandestine' stuff and actually is more logical.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually no...if you would take a moment and do some research instead of creating up what you "think" might have happened...you would see that your theory isn't credible.

So again..its post WW2 clandestine manufacture ammo.  Not "leftovers" or "commercial" ammo.  Because if you HAD looked you would see there was post war ammo made FOR China...and it doesn't look like this...
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 7:54:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I haven't had any 8mm ammo or rifles in years.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
actually no...if you would take a moment and do some research instead of creating up what you "think" might have happened...you would see that your theory isn't credible.

So again..its post WW2 clandestine manufacture ammo.  Not "leftovers" or "commercial" ammo.  Because if you HAD looked you would see there was post war ammo made FOR China...and it doesn't look like this...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

once again

Prove it.

I'm not saying it absolutely didn't happen.

I'm saying, in my opinion, it most likely didn't and is gunshow bullshit.

Convince me.

If you can't, I'm asking you to open your mind to the possibility it is not a proven fact and there might be an alternative fact set for that ammo.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

once again

Prove it.

View Quote
Already have...why are you not paying attention?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

once again

Prove it.

lol, enough

done

No proof.   It is fucking bullshit.  Enjoy your sunday night.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
lol, enough

done

View Quote
Just because you are too fucking stupid to not understand what headstamps mean, isn't my problem.

It's clandestine made ammo...period. They aren't the only ones doing it... go do some real research.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just because you are too fucking stupid to not understand what headstamps mean, isn't my problem.

It's clandestine made ammo...period. They aren't the only ones doing it... go do some real research.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, enough

done

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I sold off all but a couple of bandoliers of Turk 1942 production the other day and got .50 cents a round. I got all of it with a Turked GEW 98 rifle I bought at a yard sale some years ago.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Go ahead and show us a round of Canadian made WW2 era 8mm ammo...

We'll wait...
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Crazy  what it is going for.

I bought 3600 rounds of it yrs ago for around $4 per bandleader. The brass one piece strippers are garbage i just throw them in scrap bucket. About a 1/4 of it was in later style strippers.

Good ammo for long bbl Mausers.

Still have alot left and a good supply of Yugoslavia 1950s and later 70-80s which is some awesome stuff as 8mm goes.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I picked up a few cases of it from an estate last summer,

sold it all at $29 a bando (70 rounds or so) except for the last case,
I took that up to $35 and still sold it quickly
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We'll wait...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We'll wait...

I'm just messing with you with that pic.  I think it is really South African.

But in all seriousness, there was a place called Defense Industry or something like that in Canada that made 8mm ammo for the BESA.   I don't have a headstamp pic.  Sorry.

As I said, you could be right.   But I don't think so.   The MOST LIKELY answer is it was made for the BESA or for the Chinese.   Not a super squirrel secret mission thingy.   That is so NOT Canadian.  

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
https://www.gunboards.com/attachments/img_2064-jpg.3626833/

But in all seriousness, there was a place called Defense Industry or something like that in Canada that made 8mm ammo for the BESA.   I don't have a headstamp pic.  Sorry.

As I said, you could be right.   But I don't think so.   The MOST LIKELY answer is it was made for the BESA or for the Chinese.   Not a super squirrel secret mission thingy.   That is so NOT Canadian.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll wait...

You would think with this day and age there would be ONE pic of Canadian 8mm "Besa" MG ammo... headstamp or box of ammo...but there isn't.

Now...look in the pic you just posted and tell us what factory code is on that headstamp...not South Aftrica...because they used "U"  and "U <>" for headstamps...

For some more clues on who and where and when it was made... research what projectile its loaded with...
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You would think with this day and age there would be ONE pic of Canadian 8mm "Besa" MG ammo... headstamp or box of ammo...but there isn't.

Now...look in the pic you just posted and tell us what factory code is on that headstamp...not South Aftrica...because they used "U"  and "U <>" for headstamps...

For some more clues on who and where and when it was made... research what projectile its loaded with...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll wait...

I know all about the non corrosive/bullet stuff.  It doesn't PROVE anything.  

And no, there is not a pic of everything made in WWII on the internet.   You should know that.

Anyway, I shot off an email to Musgrave Rifles to see if they have any info or pics that they can give me.

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I know all about the non corrosive/bullet stuff.  It doesn't PROVE anything.  

And no, there is not a pic of everything made in WWII on the internet.   You should know that.

Anyway, I shot off an email to Musgrave Rifles to see if they have any info or pics that they can give me.

View Quote
try again..I didn't mention anything about non-corrosive...look at what "PROJECTILE" they are using... that will be your first clue.

And yes if there was Canadian made WW2 8mm there would be ONE pic of a box or headstamp...somewhere....but there isn't.

Emailing S. Africa about Canadian made ammo is just silly.

So again..if you would do some basic research like telling us what projectile was used in that ammo that would be your first clue it's not what you think it is.

This is applicable to you..

Cult of Ignorance      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".
Isaac Asimov, 1980

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top