Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I no shit had a tuna sub from subway today for the very first time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like you aren't learning a lesson.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whenever i have ate subway "chicken" i take a violent shit the next morning. No thanks to any of their meats.

Maybe it's just that his momma didn't raise a quitter?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#3]
"They argue they paid premium prices for an ingredient that they prize for its health benefits"

Premium Prices at Subway?   Dumb people....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I no shit had a tuna sub from subway today for the very first time.
View Quote

Did you die?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The seafood mayo shit s pollock , sprayed with red dye to appear like crab, but everybody does that, there’s oil they apply to make it taste like crab
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe I'm wearing rose colored glasses but I miss the days when you could ACTUALLY smell the bread in their places and you had to sit on a 70's mustard colored bench seat to eat.  When I was 10 I could tell you all the New York Subway stops that don't exist anymore just by looking at the wallpaper.  For the same price now I can go to grocery stores and get a better sandwich and not get food poisoning.  Or distemper considering the sandwich artists I see nowadays.
View Quote

I used to love Subway as a kid. I would obnoxiously chant "Subway...Subway...Subway..." until my mom agreed to drive my bratty ass down there for a spicy italian
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whenever i have ate subway "chicken" i take a violent shit the next morning. No thanks to any of their meats.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Wouldn't be surprised at all if true.
Anything from Subway, Taco Bell,  McDonald's, etc is questionable. Eat at your own risk.
I once was held up at a Taco Bell drive thru line for 8 minutes (was timing it.) During my lunch  break by some Karen. I heard that bitch ask which of the options she finally decided on was the healthier option. FUCKING TACO BELL!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No. But, I can't imagine it would be that much cheaper for an imitation to be designed and produced that contains no tuna over just using real canned tuna.
View Quote
This reminds me of my grandparents being certain that "corned beef" was actually horse meat. I explained horse meat is actually pretty expensive and nobody is going to sell it for the price of heavily salted beef. There was just no talking sense to them though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So what have I been eating?

Since Jan 2017 I've probably eaten 400 of those "tuna" sandwiches.
View Quote

If you quickly move to California you can join a class action!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is Kraken meat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The star ingredient, according to the lawsuit, is "made from anything but tuna." Based on independent lab tests of "multiple samples" taken from Subway locations in California, the "tuna" is "a mixture of various concoctions that do not constitute tuna, yet have been blended together by defendants to imitate the appearance of tuna," according to the complaint. Shalini Dogra, one of the attorneys for the plaintiffs, declined to say exactly what ingredients the lab tests revealed.

Sidney Powell

Is Kraken meat?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bet it is some liberal wacky cunt that filed the lawsuit.
View Quote

"Two plaintiffs are identified in the complaint: Karen Dhanowa and Nilima Amin, both residents of Alameda County in the Bay Area. But attorneys for Dhanowa and Amin hope to get their claim certified as a class action, which could open the case up to thousands of Subway customers in California who purchased tuna sandwiches and wraps after Jan. 21, 2017."

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#13]
The only thing I'll get at Subway are Italian BMT, Black Forest Ham, Italian Combo, things with cold cuts I can identify.  No cooked chicken, tuna(ish) mix, microwaved bacon and the like.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#14]
The only tuna sammiches i will eat are the ones i make at home. I use real tuna.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll eat Arby's before I eat Subway.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I heard all of Subway’s meats are turkey based products.
View Quote

This is mostly true on the cheaper ones.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:46:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Someone has a hardon against Subway based on the headlines for the last year or so.

View Quote

Interesting choice of words
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#20]
They use sawdust to make bread and tuna
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I do not exactly know what is in a Subway tuna sandwich, but I know for a fact it is not just tuna and mayo.  I have a few food allergies and they do not include tuna or mayo.  Yet, I have my allergic reaction with Subways tuna sandwich.  I tried it twice to verify that it was the sandwich causing the reaction.

Can I be a part of the lawsuit?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I do not exactly know what is in a Subway tuna sandwich, but I know for a fact it is not just tuna and mayo.  I have a few food allergies and they do not include tuna or mayo.  Yet, I have my allergic reaction with Subways tuna sandwich.  I tried it twice to verify that it was the sandwich causing the reaction.

View Quote

Allergies like having to poop afterwards or what?

Sometimes I do , sometimes I don't.  I think I narrowed it down to the banana peppers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sometimes I do , sometimes I don't.  I think I narrowed it down to the banana peppers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anaphylaxis
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Subway sucks harder than kamala.
View Quote

Unpossible.  She could suck start a leaf blower.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Like no shttttt....took someone that long to figure that out
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Interesting choice of words
https://img.memecdn.com/jared_o_7236614.jpg
View Quote

Jesus christ, this is what general discussion is all about.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When I worked there in high school, the tuna came in big ass starkist cans and you mixed it with your hands with bags of Mayo.

Now the “seafood” special, no idea what that shit was. It was vac packed in big bags and you mixed it with Mayo the same way.

A big ass tub squishing it together with your hands.
View Quote

That would be a product called surimi, basically fish paste that is formed and colored to mimic crab meat.  You know, imitation crab meat of Arfcom lore.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:03:03 AM EDT
[#29]
They claim it's not tuna. Subway claims it is. They claim to have lab tested it and it's not even fish. They refuse to release lab results or any information whatsoever supporting their claim.

I'm going to go ahead and guess their lawyer is a dirtbag ambulance chaser and they are full of shit or ran faulty tests.

Tuna sub is my go to at Subway when I do go. Eaten quite a few over the years. Also eaten a lot of tuna sandwiches in general. What's on the Subway sub is fucking tuna.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:05:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'll eat Arby's before I eat Subway.
View Quote

So, you're a Hope Solo fan?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:07:11 AM EDT
[#31]
So what the fuck is it made of? Answer the fucking question!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:10:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So, you're a Hope Solo fan?
View Quote

I'd eat that and come back for seconds
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:05:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Why do people keep suing fast food empires over shit everyone knows and no one cares about?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:20:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Late 90's early 000's they were usually busy around lunch and dinner time every day.
They had some interesting promotions to include the veggie six inch with baked chips and diet soda which tied in with pedo boy marketing his weight loss which I am sure helped some.

I haven't eaten at one in a long time and I rarely see a customer in one as I drive by.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:25:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So it's... wild caught?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All tuna is wild-caught because farmed tuna is biologically impossible(for now). So "wild-caught" is marketing bullshit.
So it's... wild caught?

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:29:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't think the folks who work at Subway are really artists either.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:44:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I don’t know what the hell is in Subway bread and meat but I cannot eat it. Doesn’t matter what the configuration is what bread I choose it makes me sick and bloated and sometimes get the shits. And it’s only subway to Jimmy John’s does not bother me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:59:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Now this is a tuna sandwich!

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:06:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They're probably buying fake tuna from China.  
View Quote
made with dissidents by dissidents.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:17:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They claim it's not tuna. Subway claims it is. They claim to have lab tested it and it's not even fish. They refuse to release lab results or any information whatsoever supporting their claim.

I'm going to go ahead and guess their lawyer is a dirtbag ambulance chaser and they are full of shit or ran faulty tests.

Tuna sub is my go to at Subway when I do go. Eaten quite a few over the years. Also eaten a lot of tuna sandwiches in general. What's on the Subway sub is fucking tuna.
View Quote

Taco Bell claimed they were serving ground beef. Turns out it was predominately oatmeal.

Who knows what subway is serving, subway probably doesn't even know.

Stop eating fast "food" and at least you'll know what you're eating.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:19:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Unpopular opinion,

WubSay tuna is actually pretty good, as long as you go later in the day and get fresh. There's a ton of mayo in it and it's chilled, tastes good AF. Add cheese and bacon
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:22:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Unpopular opinion,

WubSay tuna is actually pretty good, as long as you go later in the day and get fresh. There's a ton of mayo in it and it's chilled, tastes good AF. Add cheese and bacon
View Quote

I've noticed the Tuesday delivery trucks are freshest Friday night.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:37:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Taco Bell claimed they were serving ground beef. Turns out it was predominately oatmeal.

Who knows what subway is serving, subway probably doesn't even know.

Stop eating fast "food" and at least you'll know what you're eating.
View Quote

And in recent years, Taco Bell has become the healthiest fast food out there.  Go figure.
https://www.businessinsider.com/taco-bell-is-now-one-of-americas-healthiest-fast-food-chains-2016-10?op=1

On topic though, back right out of high school I managed a subway.  (2004) we'd have big cans of sunkist tuna and mix it with a bag of mayo before popping it in the fridge.  The seafood was the usual imitation crab you can get at any grocery store mixed with mayo as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:41:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anyone who voluntarily eats at Subway gets what they deserve
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:47:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

And in recent years, Taco Bell has become the healthiest fast food out there.  Go figure.
https://www.businessinsider.com/taco-bell-is-now-one-of-americas-healthiest-fast-food-chains-2016-10?op=1

On topic though, back right out of high school I managed a subway.  (2004) we'd have big cans of sunkist tuna and mix it with a bag of mayo before popping it in the fridge.  The seafood was the usual imitation crab you can get at any grocery store mixed with mayo as well.
View Quote

I think taco bell was better with the oatmeal mix, it doesn't bother me.

Also I don't really doubt that the subway tuna is actually tuna, but who knows.
A can of tuna costs me less than $1, they probably pay .30 or less and need the equivalent of 1.5 cans so around $1 for costs.

Corpos should be honest with their ingredients, and if they're challenged they should have no trouble proving and displaying their ingredients and supply chain.

Their consumers have a right to know.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:58:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Man subway pissed off someone lately
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:16:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Are they still putting foam in thier bread?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:17:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Why would anyone eat at Subway when Publix exists.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:15:42 AM EDT
[#49]
I really only like about 3 subs from them and one they don't teach how to make very widespread.

One is the meatball. Cheap and I loved it as a kid.

Two is the Chicken Pizziola. It's the chicken strips, pepperoni, the meatball sauce, and I get provolone. It's awesome. But they don't teach many to make it anymore.

And the third is the Chicken Bacon ranch. I get mine with the Sweet onion sauce.

But unless I have a coupon for a 6 buck sub, I won't eat there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#50]
The plaintiffs and defendants in this case last names sounds like they have the same ethnic background.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top