Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't forget, the KC-46 doesn't even have thrust reversers
View Quote

Neither does the current Gen, i thought that was an air force thing from origional RFP.  MTOW same range as the 300ER/F variant so based on USAF long runways so i can’t imagine less complexity seemed too bad.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Neither does the current Gen, i thought that was an air force thing from origional RFP.  MTOW same range as the 300ER/F variant so based on USAF long runways so i can’t imagine less complexity seemed too bad.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't forget, the KC-46 doesn't even have thrust reversers

"Added complexity" of something on every single commercial airliner in service.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Good thing we didn't buy the Airbus!

Also, wasn't one of the big selling points of this thing the idea that they could just adapt the tanker they're currently making and that would be easy?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s how it works after you pay off all the senators and representatives!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good thing we didn't buy the Airbus!

Also, wasn't one of the big selling points of this thing the idea that they could just adapt the tanker they're currently making and that would be easy?
View Quote

Yeah we'd have working aircraft if we bought Airbus.  It'll be interesting to see how the KC-Y and KC-Z programs shakes out
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Airbus had they contract;they wanted it.

Boeing has made some horrible choices over the last decade.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
They seem to have really lost focus on the end result.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They seem to have really lost focus on the end result.
View Quote

They’ve gotten so confident in the Congressmen they own they forgot that sometimes they actually have to deliver what they promised.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can someone explain to me what the problem is here?  It seems to me that the Boeing 367-80 and the DC-10 were adapted to the refueling role with a minimum of drama.  What is different this time?

@AeroE
View Quote

The KC-135A was rushed into service and had a lot of problems. It took yrs and alot of blood to straighten out the 135.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Was this the contract that sent Darleen Druyun to prison?
View Quote

Nope.  That was the contract before the contract that was before this one, which was shitcanned in 2005 and the solicitation redone.  That contract (the one before this one) was then won by Airbus, whereupon Boeing filed a complaint because the criteria used to determine the winner was not the criteria which was in the contract.  So that was cancelled in 2008.  In 2011 a third contract (this one) competition was won by Boeing.  Simple, right?

Mike
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top