Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Should a woman rule out any man as a potentual husband if he makes a move on the first date ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sex is a biological impulse and desire. it doesn't matter "what date" it occurred on.

her "getting to know you" doesn't make her want to fuck you. she wants to fuck, because she wants to fuck. the right guy at the right time.

has no bearing on potential marriage at all.
View Quote

sex is biological and in all animals drives. however, your dog does not give a shit if the bitch down the street fucks other dogs, while most men care greatly if their wife fucks other guys. sex is biological, but to a huge degree modesty, and self control are learned behaviors, and the kinds of things that determine if a relationship is successful, or if they will be fucking other guys while your married, or doing other bad things because they have poor impulse control..
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup. Did.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]
IDK.
Guess I'd be more concern with how many times she's done it in the past...

My wife and I didn't, but we've been together nearly 16 years or so.
Married for over twelve.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
how about the number of sex partners?
View Quote

I would be less concerned with the total number and more concerned with how many of those guys were boyfriends with whom she was in a monogamous relationship versus random ONSs or short-term fuckbuddies.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What is this sex you speak of?
View Quote

found the married guy
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...im still in the second long term relationship where i didnt have sex early, been going strong for almost 10 years now, been engaged for 5 years.

https://media.giphy.com/media/pPhyAv5t9V8djyRFJH/giphy.gif

apparently no ones in a hurry, but were both happy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
What on Earth do we need morals for anyway? I mean the trans movement and pedophilia are taking us to total freedom from that oppressive antiquated Christian based belief system.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think that would factor into my decision, either positively or negatively.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I would be less concerned with the total number and more concerned with how many of those guys were boyfriends with whom she was in a monogamous relationship versus random ONSs or short-term fuckbuddies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you cant get high sex partner numbers AND have serious relationships at the same time.  Not without breaking some other kind of taboo. i would have a big issue with a woman who went thru swinger / open relationships as well, or wanted to. you cant be committed and have other sex partners, and if you do, your commitment is flawed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry, I'm in the doubtful. If she will go down with you on the first date, she probably has done it quite often before and will most likely do it again. Yes, I am a late model boomer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Let Captain Kirk go where no man has gone before. I don’t need to be first, I just want to be last.

Liking sex doesn’t imply lack of self respect, except for simps and incels.

A person with no self respect will have a fucked up sex life whether they have one partner or a hundred.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely not....I want someone who respects themselves and also you never buy a rental car.

She probably has tattoos also

Let Captain Kirk go where no man has gone before. I don’t need to be first, I just want to be last.

A person with no self respect will have a fucked up sex life whether they have one partner or a hundred.

A key that opens all locks is useful, while a lock that can be opened by all keys is not
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think you guys really over think this stuff.
View Quote

This.

I have had two longterm (1yr plus) relationships in my life.
First one included sex on the first date. We were together 5-6 years and almost got married.

Second one was a girl I went out on two dates with (no sex), got "friendzoned", pursued other options while hanging out with her on occasion.
After roughly a year we were on a camping trip, had too much to drink, did what drunk girl and guy do and on the way home decided "well, I guess we are dating now".
Been together 21 years now.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I learned the answer is no.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

you cant get high sex partner numbers AND have serious relationships at the same time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you cant get high sex partner numbers AND have serious relationships at the same time.

Right; I didn't say "total number doesn't count."

Hypothetically, someone who has had 10 sexual partners in the past 5 years and they were all a boyfriend with whom she was in a committed monogamous relationship doesn't raise nearly as many red flags as someone who has had 10 sexual partners in the past 5 years but they were all ONS or fuckbuddies.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

A key that opens all locks is useful, while a lock that can be opened by all keys is not
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely not....I want someone who respects themselves and also you never buy a rental car.

Your metaphor, while poetic, has questionable applicability to reality.  A lock is related to security. If the lock in your metaphor is the same, perhaps it’s you, not your partner, with self respect issues...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You also get to a point with diminishing returns. Amount of partners over the course of time gives you an efficient frontier of what makes a good wife.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hypothetically, someone who has had 10 sexual partners in the past 5 years and they were all a boyfriend with whom she was in a committed monogamous relationship doesn't raise nearly as many red flags as someone who has had 10 sexual partners in the past 5 years but they were all ONS or fuckbuddies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i agree.

anyone who has had a shitload of very short relationships in a short period  is a red flag as well, for entirely different reasons..
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Why did YOU have sex with HER on the first date if it is an issue for you?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Your metaphor, while poetic, has questionable applicability to reality.  A lock is related to security. If the lock in your metaphor is the same, perhaps it’s you, not your partner, with self respect issues...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using the key which unlocks all locks to unlock locks is akin to breaking and entering. You must show restraint. Treat your essence with value young king.

Yes a lock is related to security, just like emotional security.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#24]
If she's having sex with you on the first date, you're also having sex with her on the first date.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What on Earth do we need morals for anyway? I mean the trans movement and pedophilia are taking us to total freedom from that oppressive antiquated Christian based belief system.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:19:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
In this thread, we see those poor souls who have never found themselves in an uncontrollable, passionate, heat of the moment encounter.

That IS how it works, when both parties are attractive and possess a mutual degree of sex appeal.

I feel sorry for those who never knew such moments.  They just get to watch it on TV and read about it in books.
View Quote

We are not primates, we have a higher level of consciousness.

A relationship should be like a fire, one that is stoked and taken care of, therefore making it grow larger and larger as time passes.

a heat of the moment, is all that it is, it's a moment, it doesn't transgress time and space.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
In this thread, we see those poor souls who have never found themselves in an uncontrollable, passionate, heat of the moment encounter.

That IS how it works, when both parties are attractive and possess a mutual degree of sex appeal.

I feel sorry for those who never knew such moments.  They just get to watch it on TV and read about it in books.
View Quote

King of the Romance Novels...hope you make lots of money
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm against marriage.
View Quote

monica.jpeg

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Does fucking on the first date make me less desirable as a man?

Because I only have double standards for situations like a male teacher preying on students.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

if a woman is extremely unlikely to have sex easily with a man, then when shes married shes also unlikely to easily cheat on her husband.
View Quote

LOL!!

Reminds me. Had a bud on my first ship. Actually went to high school with him. He married a girl who at the time shit diamonds. They didn't have sex, she didn't smoke/drink/swear/ watch R rated movies went to church twice a week etc., etc.. My wife was good friends with her. 2 months after we left on deployment my buds wife had some Jody living in their house.

People change.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

When exactly did we have morals or find ourselves guided as a society by the Christian based belief system?  This is a Christian asking the question by the way.

The thought that there was ever a time when things were better, or more just, or the moral standard was higher on a societal level is revisionist history at best.  Ignorance of history at worst.

I know it is cynical, but too large a percentage of humans are total scum to ever tip the balance towards the concept of better times some people have around here.  There has always been evil.  There has always been strife.  There has always been injustice.  Name a time or era of moral superiority and I can give you a long list of terrible shit that outwardly righteous people were doing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#33]

In general.... Would you marry a woman who has sex with you on the first date?

Probably not.  I’m not categorically opposed to same sex marriage, but it’s not for me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Using the key which unlocks all locks to unlock locks is akin to breaking and entering. You must show restraint. Treat your essence with value young king.

Yes a lock is related to security, just like emotional security.
View Quote

Like I said, if your emotional security is tied to that particular factor, it’s not your partner that has self respect issues.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When you were young, single and in your prime, did you NOT want to have sex with hot chicks?

Because for me, that was the driving force behind everything from age 15-21.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#36]
That bum in my avatar (and all the rest of her) showed up at my door with a fifth of whiskey and two shot glasses.  That was our first date.  

We got drunk. And naked. She spent the night.  But she would not have intercourse on the first date, although my penis was the only thing that did not penetrate her vagina.  We are happily married today, 10 years later.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Girlfriend and I had sex within 10 minutes of seeing each other in person the first time. Six years later we still can't get enough of each other.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

When you were young, single and in your prime, did you NOT want to have sex with hot chicks?

Because for me, that was the driving force behind everything from age 15-21.
View Quote

What happened at 21 to suddenly throw you off your feed?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Wife and I waited a few weeks and a few dates.  We had met briefly, then talked a lot on the phone before going on a first date, and had gotten to know each other quite a bit from the conversations.

I think it worked out well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#42]
3 pages. I'm sure I didn't make it in before I always waited at least 8 weeks and my 9 marriages have all been awesome.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I did, 21 years.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Already did. Going on 18 years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I did, and we've been together for the last 27 years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Sure.

I realize how irresistible I am.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Sure.

I realize how irresistible I am.
View Quote

Username checks out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Does she check all the boxes?

Can she shoot sub-MOA?

Would give her serious consideration.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, DOJ, we found a SPECIES-IST!!!!!! ^^^^^
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

i agree.

anyone who has had a shitload of very short relationships in a short period  is a red flag as well, for entirely different reasons..
View Quote

Sounds like you think sex=love in your ideal relationship.  If that’s the way you’re programmed, I hope it works out for you.

Personally, I have never asked or cared how many men a woman has been with.  I don’t care about her past.  I just care about my part in her future.  If she acts like a looney toon, we part ways.  If she reciprocates kindness, love and affection, I look forward to the next day with her.  If she ever fails to have my back or puts me down, we part ways.  If she builds me up and “gets me” we move forward.

I look for ways to impress her every day.  Just like I did when we met.  The women guys on this site talk about who gets fat or stops putting out or taking care of themselves in some other way, are no different than their husbands.  Passionate relationships take work on so many levels.

How in the hell does having a good relationship have anything to do with your girlfriend/fiancé/wife’s past?  Well...if your hung up about it, I guess it does.  If you can let her biological need to have sex before you knew her go, it doesn’t matter a damn bit!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top