BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
/r/wallstreetbets is now set to private.
View Quote

They are back now
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:33:35 AM EDT
[#2]
So do I buy a bunch of AMC or what?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ship has sailed but please stop by Friday to catch my bags
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quick question, why not short GME now? This wave might go much larger, but certainly it will crash back down closer to its $15 sometime in the next week’s/months
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Basically, the peons are sticking it to wall street using the same gambling mechanisms they use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish I knew what all this meant.

Basically, the peons are sticking it to wall street using the same gambling mechanisms they use.

And the billionaire class will have the rules changed to make it impossible for anyone other than them to do it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:44:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quick question, why not short GME now? This wave might go much larger, but certainly it will crash back down closer to its $15 sometime in the next week’s/months
View Quote

You could. But, the people you are now betting against are now not in it for the money. This is occupy wall street for autists that haven't left their basement since they got fast internet. You may suffer.

not financial advice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only if you have the ability to day trade. I think it’ll skyrocket tomorrow, since most people are just learning about this tonight. But it will probably come crashing down pretty quickly. Whether that’s hours, days, or weeks from now, no one knows.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:47:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So NOW is probably a good time to short gamestop?
Imagine the $$ to be made when it plummets
View Quote

Your short needs to be after the squeeze occurs. At some point when the float is less than 100% it my make sense but right now the incentive to hold the stock is because it is being shorted. You want to wait till the people holding GME are incentivized to start selling. It will probably cascade then.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You could. But, the people you are now betting against are now not in it for the money. This is occupy wall street for autists that haven't left their basement since they got fast internet. You may suffer.

not financial advice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not financial advice.

I agree. But I also think that people have the attention span of a fucking goldfish.

What’s more likely to happen; GME becomes the next bitcoin? Or the SEC fixes this “glitch” and things are back to normal in 2 weeks?

The million dollar question
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just made a Robinhood account and pumped more money into GMS and AMC.

Let's do this boyos.
View Quote

how are you able to log in?
i keep getting errors while trying to finish setting up my account.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And the billionaire class will have the rules changed to make it impossible for anyone other than them to do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish I knew what all this meant.

And they'll get that sweet sweet bailout
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol I don’t think you realize what is happening. You may be on the wrong ship.

Amc is going to rocket unless they try to halt trading or some other shady shit.

This is class warfare and we are having the largest transfer of wealth from Wall Street to the people ever.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:02:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol I don't think you realize what is happening. You may be on the wrong ship.

Amc is going to rocket unless they try to halt trading or some other shady shit.

This is class warfare and we are having the largest transfer of wealth from Wall Street to the people ever.
View Quote
I just put a morning RH buy at  200 bucks . Im poor as fuck but it makes me warm to know my 200 bucks I can lose in monopoly money is really going to punch some yankee daddys boy in his turtle neck sweater laced vagina
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#14]
This has now become a movement!
It will hit $2000 tomorrow before they shut down the exchange.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:16:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Shit, he fucked some countries currency IIRC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you think Soros got so powerful?

Shit, he fucked some countries currency IIRC

He broke the Bank of England.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:26:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Fucksticks are even using the same covid speak which is despicable in of itself
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:35:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I just bought 10 shares of AMC at $14.64 a share. Did I do good?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So how do you make money on this when the stock goes back down to where it "should be"?

View Quote

You could always short the stock
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:37:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just bought 10 shares of AMC at $14.64 a share. Did I do good?
View Quote

How?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:38:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How?
View Quote

With my Robinhood app. First stock I've ever bought.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:39:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

With my Robinhood app. First stock I've ever bought.
View Quote

You sure you actually have it or did you just place an order for when the market opens?

Im pretty sure Robinhood won’t open trading till 9am
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Lol this is so epic the Chinese are piling into amc and gme too
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@raven ,

Did TD halt trading on the stocks period or just option trading?
View Quote

Well they kicked me off for about an hour costing me $$ cause I had puts on ROKU I was trying to get out. Was finally able to get back into my account and by then it was too late of course. Then they wouldn't fill me on trying to put order in to buy call on AMC. Finally got filled 30 min before close. Whole thing was full of fuckery.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:42:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You sure you actually have it or did you just place an order for when the market opens?

Im pretty sure Robinhood won’t open trading till 9am
View Quote

Doh! You're right. I just got the email.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:42:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They are back now
View Quote
Discord nuked the wall street bets discord permanetly I think. It's now deemed to be white supremacist.

The best part, there's no limit to the downside of a short. It's like buying a security where the most you can lose is what you bought it for if it goes to 0%. The losses can be endless with a short.

As I mentioned previously once the shorts are called in they HAVE to sell to cover it and they lose more and more money as the stock price goes up. It drives up the price. It's a self fulfilling disaster for a while

Lot of "media" crap about the SEC should investigate. The investigation should be the hedge funds and their brokers that gave them the credit and means to short >120% of available shares of a stock. It didn't happen by accident. You are "supposed" to prove to the broker that you have the ability cover your shorts and cover the 20%+ interest the broker chargers. Well orchestrated cluster fuck, till it wasn't.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This play is making me so happy.

One of the main guys at one of these funds owns a resort by me that imports liberal after liberal to my town. Schmoozed with our liberal governor. Pushed gun gun control here.

I'm so giddy that he's going to get fucked hardcore. To the point where his tax haven resorts go under.

There are atleast 20 people in the area that made some accounts this past week to get in on ruining his company.

Yesterday the resort was supposed to open again to new reservations. It halted all new reservations. They got absolutely fucked by covid. And now are getting fucked because their big daddy ain't making money.
View Quote

Good. Very good.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:45:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes and guy below is for sure an infiltrator trying to discourage people from buying.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:46:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Short interest went up.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/we-have-some-bad-news-gamestop-shorts
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:47:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Doh! You're right. I just got the email.
View Quote

your make essentially a back order if you were looking to buy a hot TV. They will attempt to fulfill your TV order when the store opens in the morning. But if the TV costs more in the morning, you won't get it. Or if the Tv costs less, you still pay the dumb ass aftermarket price because you want it so bad. Go to sleep, wake before the market, research. Do not spend more that you can lose. The market is essentially gambling.

not financial advice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:49:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

ohh...that give me boner.

not financial advice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:49:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

not financial advice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not financial advice.

I like this stock.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:50:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

your make essentially a back order if you were looking to buy a hot TV. They will attempt to fulfill your TV order when the store opens in the morning. But if the TV costs more in the morning, you won't get it. Or if the Tv costs less, you still pay the dumb ass aftermarket price because you want it so bad. Go to sleep, wake before the market, research. Do not spend more that you can lose. The market is essentially gambling.

not financial advice.
View Quote

That makes sense to me! I can afford to lose $150,I'll sell a few boxes of HST
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:50:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Short interest went up.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/we-have-some-bad-news-gamestop-shorts
View Quote

marketwatch.com is saying 120%, there is something fucky here!

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/gme

now today, they updated it to 120% down from 138%. This is because every two weeks the short position report comes out. It was released today at 4pm est.

not financial advice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:53:24 AM EDT
[#36]
One of the drivers of GME has been the options. WSB buys the highest prices most out of the money calls, forcing the option seller to buy the stock, sucking shares from the short sellers. As the price climbs they have to buy more and more to hedge their option. Friday when it topped out at what 80? the top option was $70. That's what stopped it. Two days ago it got to 150 with the top option at $200. Wednesday $320 was top option and it blew past that but settled about there. Thursday it will be $570.

I'm kind of shocked they did this. Not adding any higher priced options would be a good way to make it tougher to drive higher. Just for reference today there was 34k contracts traded for the 320 call expiring this Friday. There was 3100 of the $310, 4k of the $300 and less and less as you went lower. It's all about yolo'ing the highest contract expiring the soonest, which is an idiotic trade normally, but that's the beauty of all of this. These guys are wrecking the system by going long the absolute dumbest, worst garbage ass stocks. It's beautiful.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:54:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That makes sense to me! I can afford to lose $150,I'll sell a few boxes of HST
View Quote

please, new people watch this.
Why mainstream media's slander of wallstreetbets pisses me off regarding GME.

not financial advice
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:56:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Tagged. I’m curious how this is going to go.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:59:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Payne sounds off on Wall St over GameStop: All of this whining is making me sick
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:04:10 AM EDT
[#40]
@WhiskersTheCat @beitodesstrafe @PraesidiumFabrica @SBR_Slut

Check this shit out!

Professional investors are worried: How can financial markets function when stock movements are so obviously disconnected from fundamentals, played by both sides like a videogame?After a sharp correction midday Monday, GameStop on Tuesday rose a further 93%, bringing its total gain since Jan. 11 to more than 600%.

Those worries are understandable but overblown. Here, a little international comparison is helpful: Unlike some other major global equity markets, frenetic individual investors are far from the point where they are really disrupting the real purpose of equity markets—to help companies to raise capital.
View Quote

Insert Bagdad Bob meme here.

And in the next breath...
The origins of the surge are in the prevalent belief among Wall Street sharps -- professional investors -- that GameStop's stock, even before this recent spike, was overvalued. After all, shopping malls are in a long decline -- "Malls are doomed: 25% will be gone in 5 years," read a CNN headline in 2017 -- that has only been exacerbated by the Covid-19 pandemic.

As a result of the belief among the pro investor crowd that GameStop was, essentially, doomed, they began shorting the stock -- essentially betting on it to fail. This happens all the time to a variety of stocks with very little fanfare. It is the way of the modern stock market.

Except that this time, amateur investors decided to revolt against the pros. Using Reddit -- and a subreddit known as r/wallstreetbets -- the amateurs began a coordinated effort of buying GameStop stock to drive its price higher and higher. (It's worth noting that Reddit was also a gathering spot for some of the most ardent Trump supporters in 2016.)
That effort to screw the pros -- people with a short position on a stock that is surging have major vulnerabilities the higher the stock goes -- got an unexpected boost from none other than iconoclast-in-chief and Tesla founder Elon Musk, who tweeted "Gamestonk!" with a link to the "wallstreetbets" subreddit on Tuesday.

View Quote

And there it is. Literally hitler and the nazis are undermining the pros at wallstreet.

TrUsT uS wE aRe PrOfEsHuNaLs! ThIs Is NoRmAl! DoNt Do ThAt!
Muh Stonks! Muh hedge fundz!

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:04:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
One of the drivers of GME has been the options. WSB buys the highest prices most out of the money calls, forcing the option seller to buy the stock, sucking shares from the short sellers. As the price climbs they have to buy more and more to hedge their option. Friday when it topped out at what 80? the top option was $70. That's what stopped it. Two days ago it got to 150 with the top option at $200. Wednesday $320 was top option and it blew past that but settled about there. Thursday it will be $570.

I'm kind of shocked they did this. Not adding any higher priced options would be a good way to make it tougher to drive higher. Just for reference today there was 34k contracts traded for the 320 call expiring this Friday. There was 3100 of the $310, 4k of the $300 and less and less as you went lower. It's all about yolo'ing the highest contract expiring the soonest, which is an idiotic trade normally, but that's the beauty of all of this. These guys are wrecking the system by going long the absolute dumbest, worst garbage ass stocks. It's beautiful.
View Quote

So fucking simple, yet so fucking genius.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:04:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Where should one set the buy price for AMC on open?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Where should one set the buy price for AMC on open?
View Quote

Market will guarantee you get it.

If not it might be best to wait for the market to open and decide how much you want to get in at.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:08:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Check this shit out!

And there it is. Literally hitler and the nazis are undermining the pros at wallstreet.

View Quote

Yup. Reddit tards ain't letting off this squeeze once it starts. Gonna be a bucking bronco. Its is not about money anymore for a lot of the new investors, they "just like this stock".

not financial advice
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:08:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Check this shit out!

View Quote

bigmad
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:09:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Shorting a stock has risk. Who would have thought the higher the risk the higher the reward. Don't think you need to be a professional to figure that out. But hey we reduce our risk by helping drive down the price of the stocks that we are shorting through the media and such. You can't make a produce and lie about it in an ad, but you can lie all you want on an investment show about how doomed a company is while you are making a killing driving the price down.

As mentioned before, as long as they still have a short posistion the amount of losses is endless unlike buying a stock you can only lose how much you paid for it. It's a great less they are being taught. Risk versus reward.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Dogecoin is spiking >50% tonight.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:11:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

meh
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:19:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

No one is trying to get 50%

We’re buying fucking rockets, baby!!

Moon or bust!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:20:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This has now become a movement!
It will hit $2000 tomorrow before they shut down the exchange.
View Quote

Need a meme of Joe Schmo dangling a shorted stock certificate over Helmsley Monroe Fontleroy III like that Geico fisherman.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top