BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Some of the best bars/restaurants in the country. If you’re into that. Take anything Chicago related that you read here with a grain of salt.
View Quote

Im just not a big city guy

Id much rather run around say Knoxville, Gatlinburg or even in the hills of GA

But its her trip. I just hope nothing crazy happens
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I work south.  But don't let any sheriff fool you.  Doors are not kicked daily.   They are mostly soft knocks, no answer and officers leave.   If a hard knock happens and someone is arrested , they'll be out within weeks if not days.  Almost no charges.  Noone held .    The police now a days are definitely not the strongest.   They've essentially castrated any resemblance of real policing.      Most of , not all, of the cpd officers showing up to help your buddy don't wanna be there or have anything to do with it.  They help out because of the call for help of a sheriff officer.
View Quote

Probably alot of truth to this now. It's not the same Chicago I left 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the best bars/restaurants in the country. If you’re into that. Take anything Chicago related that you read here with a grain of salt.

Let me know if you need any suggestions on areas to stay/places to go/eat.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It's hard to care about people that don't care about themselves.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've read of cases where the angry urban youth shot the driver after realizing their racist manual transmission would impede their forced reparations.
View Quote

Exactly. Cops find you dead next to your un-driveable, to "teens", car.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
lol normal people don't live or go near Englewood
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Stay in the tourist spots and you'll be fine. Chicago is very safe in the main areas. Even the mayor won't go for people fucking up the tourism money.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sigh

The wife wants to go to chicago for a weekend girls trip

I just dont see the allure what so ever of that shit hole

Having been to Chicago too many times, I think that's a disingenuous statement.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sigh

Going to the Bennigan’s that used to be across from the art insitute doesnt count
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There are VERY safe areas of Chicago, if you have money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sigh

There are very safe and very beautiful parts of Chicago. And expensive.

We used to live in Lincoln Park. I worked on the Gold Coast, just off Oak Street Beach on Lake Michigan. Wife worked down the street on the Magnificent Mile.

We never saw crime except on the nightly news reports from the far South Side and the far West Side.

Also, Al Capone is dead now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
lol normal people don’t live or go near Englewood
View Quote

Its all over the city, not just one neighborhood.    Saw The GA at one gas station.  Cant miss those red berets.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve been to Chicago a few times & enjoyed it. Last time was roughly 10 years ago. Since then it seems like your elected officials are doing everything in their power to make taxpayers less safe
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#14]
We need and executive order banning car jackings.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Appreciate it my dude
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is mostly about using common sense.   If she makes good choices in Atlanta, then she should be OK, so long as she makes the same type choices in Chicago.

Look at crime maps, to show her the true "bad" places, to just fucking avoid altogether; and then practice Big City Safe Behavior.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Personally, I enjoy Portillo's Italian Beef, but I did not stray too far afield on my visits...  want more....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#18]
One minor point I need to make though. Using "Chicago" and "shithole" in the same sentence is redundant since both words are synonymous.

Like I said, minor point. We now return you to regular programming.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sigh

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Sweet, now I know how to get rid of a BMW with 250k miles.  I'll just leave it running at the gas station like we do in Iowa.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I’ve been told that it’s Indiana’s fault, you just need to ban guns in all the adjacent states to save Chicago from itself
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wonder if they've ever considered some type of gun control to help stop this plague?

I’m thinking they have. How’s that working out for them by the way?

I’ve been told that it’s Indiana’s fault, you just need to ban guns in all the adjacent states to save Chicago from itself

Also Missouri. We have the FOID, 3 day waiting period and no NFA but I'm surprised we don't have more. We even have state exemption on handguns.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Stay in the tourist spots and you'll be fine. Chicago is very safe in the main areas. Even the mayor won't go for people fucking up the tourism money.
View Quote
That is not true with this mayor. Daley was scum but he would make sure the downtown area was protected. Same with Rahm. This piece of shit mayor lets the youths come downtown and commit their car jackings, robberies, batteries and shootings. I was at a shooting right by Trump tower in the summer. Dude just shot up a car. Victim got hit in the neck and expired. Mind you this was with about two dozen cops with their blue lights posted in front of London House which is about a city block away. There's a lot if shootings that the media tries to hide. All the nice hotels that used to charge $300+ a night, now let you book a room for under $100. Shit heads from the south and west sides come down to smoke weed and drink cognac and do random BS. Like other cops said, we're not allowed to chase cars for any thing. They know this and act accordingly. I would stay away.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think even that is slowly becoming less reliable.  Generally speaking, yes, the bulk of the violent crime occurs on the South and West sides.

I live in River North, one of the most popular dining/nightlife areas in the city.  There have been three shootings in about the last year within three blocks of my building’s front door.

Last one was over Christmas.  20 rounds fired at about 2/3am outside a pretty popular, higher end hotel.

The gentleman here who’s the Chicago cop probably has more examples that I haven’t heard.

It’s certainly not like the South/West sides, but it does seem to be expanding.  Maybe I’m biased though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Also Missouri. We have the FOID, 3 day waiting period and no NFA but I'm surprised we don't have more. We even have state exemption on handguns.
View Quote

Sorry for the double-post, but I have to look out for a fellow IL guy.  SBR’s are now good to go.  Get your C&R License and go through normal NFA procedure.  We can’t have any other NFA items, but if you want an SBR you can get one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think even that is slowly becoming less reliable.  Generally speaking, yes, the bulk of the violent crime occurs on the South and West sides.

I live in River North, one of the most popular dining/nightlife areas in the city.  There have been three shootings in about the last year within three blocks of my building's front door.

Last one was over Christmas.  20 rounds fired at about 2/3am outside a pretty popular, higher end hotel.

The gentleman here who's the Chicago cop probably has more examples that I haven't heard.

It's certainly not like the South/West sides, but it does seem to be expanding.  Maybe I'm biased though.
View Quote
Are you talking about Eurostars/Dana Hotel?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are you talking about Eurostars/Dana Hotel?
View Quote

I am.  My gf and I were out of town when it happened.  Her balcony overlooks Quartino, so we would have had a nice front row seat.

Correct me on details if I’m wrong.  Info came second-hand from a guy in my building.  20 rounds fired, one guy hit in the leg.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:22:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sorry for the double-post, but I have to look out for a fellow IL guy.  SBR’s are now good to go.  Get your C&R License and go through normal NFA procedure.  We can’t have any other NFA items, but if you want an SBR you can get one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. I have 3 cook county SBR’s.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:24:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If you stay out of the shitty areas, it’s perfectly fine.
View Quote

Unfortunately, that is no longer true. It can happen anywhere in the city now.

You keep your head on a swivel, condition yellow always. Being armed is good too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I am.  My gf and I were out of town when it happened.  Her balcony overlooks Quartino, so we would have had a nice front row seat.

Correct me on details if I'm wrong.  Info came second-hand from a guy in my building.  20 rounds fired, one guy hit in the leg.
View Quote
Almost 30 rds were fired at him on State and Erie. Dude ran and the shooter went after him. Shooter caught up to "victim" on Ontario and Clark. That's where he shot him in the leg and shot a random car. During the initial shooting a bullet also went through the window into the 7-Eleven and ricocheted off the ceiling and hit the floor about 2-3ft away from the clerk.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Almost 30 rds were fired at him on State and Erie. Dude ran and the shooter went after him. Shooter caught up to "victim" on Ontario and Clark. That's where he shot him in the leg and shot a random car. During the initial shooting a bullet also went through the window into the 7-Eleven and ricocheted off the ceiling and hit the floor about 2-3ft away from the clerk.
View Quote

Sheesh.  That’s more intense than I thought.  Thanks for the additional details.

Those guys at that 7-Eleven can’t catch a break.  Trashed multiple times during the summer riots, and now this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Good let them wallow in it.

I was born there and whenever I bring up the topic of crime and Shitcago’s anti gun BS my relatives that still live there lose their leftist minds.

Fuck’em.

Edit:  Funny thing. I have an aunt that lives there who did not want to come to Oregon (rural area far from Portland) to visit her mother in-law because we “all had guns out there”.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Beetlejuice reincarnated!
View All Quotes

It really does look like Beetlejuice. Could not put my finger on it, but BAM!, there it is!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Something eats that cooch let that sink in
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

This has to be a CoC violation.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#37]
To be clear for those who live in the areas this wasn’t meant to be a bash Chicago thread, it’s a I can’t believe they’re letting these shitheads destroy a once great city thread.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I worked in Shitcargo for 4 years. FPNI.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, that is no longer true. It can happen anywhere in the city now.

You keep your head on a swivel, condition yellow always. Being armed is good too.
View Quote

It's still mostly true. Eight neighborhoods account for nearly half of the city's homicides. Groot is doing a shitty job of keeping it contained, but the nice parts of the city are still pretty safe.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:11:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Every major city run by a dirty liberal is a shit hole.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:22:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
To be clear for those who live in the areas this wasn’t meant to be a bash Chicago thread, it’s a I can’t believe they’re letting these shitheads destroy a once great city thread.
View Quote

All good, my man, you can lay into us.  We do it to ourselves anyway.  Mostly deserved.

Our food scene is still top notch, though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:52:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Mods need to move this to the Bigfoot forum.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:53:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Mods need to move this to the Bigfoot forum.
View Quote

The policies of an upside down mayor with a beard.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:55:05 AM EDT
[#46]
It is Kim Fox, the chick that let Jussie Smolet off.   She is a SJW.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:10:22 AM EDT
[#47]
I have been to Chicago three times for a whole day in my life. Passed through it many times on trips. It is a city that has so much to do and see but between the corrupt politicians that make the dumbest laws and the out of control crime it is just not a place I have any desire to visit again. I wish it was more gun friendly towards law abiding citizens and obviously safer to enjoy the sights and sounds. It is instead an example of a shithole failed city. And a majority of the people that live there bring it on themselves because they vote for the idiots over and over.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top