BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck those that did not vote for Trump because "of my toy bumpstock".
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That’s stupid. What if they didn’t have a cwp? Why would a criminal buy so,etching from somebody online vs Their own criminal network?
Some of you guys do the other sides work for them. I get not selling to sketchy people and you can do whatever you want but it sounds silly at a certain point.
View Quote

I've got a piece of paper in my wallet right now that says I'm not a criminal. Most people I know have one. No criminals buying guns, and also no record of what I buy.It's cheap and instant. Politicians want UBCs instead, and they will use the "gunshow loophole" to convince the general population to force it on you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
nj already requires a background check on everything so welcome to nj America.
View Quote

I'd burn my entire world down before I lived in anything that resembles that commy shithole . ( no offense intended )
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'd burn my entire world down before I lived in anything that resembles that commy shithole . ( no offense intended )
View Quote

If we all make our voices heard we won't have to burn the place down.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He can't do that, otherwise FBHO would have done it already.

FJB
View Quote
What activist, legislating from the bench judge, is going to issue an injunction on this obviously unconstitutional EO?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What activist, legislating from the bench judge, is going to issue an injunction on this obviously unconstitutional EO?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FJB

Saint Benitez of course.

Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The black market will be robust.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

or make background checks free online.  You'd get a LOT more buy-in from people if it was a 2 minute free online process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I'll catch major shit for this but.......I think private sales of firearms should go through an FFL to help prevent criminals from obtaining guns. It's 20 bucks and 15 minutes of your time.

But I will admit I don't know how significant the number of illegal private sales there actually are or if the data even exists.

I guess I'm about to get flamed pretty hard but it always seemed reasonable to me.

or make background checks free online.  You'd get a LOT more buy-in from people if it was a 2 minute free online process.

Why?
What is the purpose of a background check?
Isn't it to stop prohibited people from getting guns?
How do prohibited people get guns now?
How will a new UBC system prevent what is currently happening?
How will success or failure of the UBC system be measured?

Currently, prohibited people get guns through theft or from friends and family. These friends and family already know it's illegal to hand a gun to a prohibited person, so why will a new law stop them? Is it because the new UBC law makes it extra, super duper illegal?

Why was the current background check law such a failure? When the Brady law went into effect, a study was done to evaluate the impact. There was no difference in murder rates or change of rates between Brady states and non-Brady states. The Brady background check was a failure if saving lives and lowering crime was the intent.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The feds can't enact the power of interstate commerce over FTF sales that already are only allowed intrastate.

It should be an easy ruling for federal court to toss that out on its ass, I won't hold my breath.
View Quote

Agreed. In a normal world.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes you are dumb as shit because the vast majority of criminals do not obtain a firearm via a legitimate sale. They steal them or buy tjem on the black market where there is no "background checks", never has been and never will be.

You're statement indicates that you lack critical thinking skills.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I'll catch major shit for this but.......I think private sales of firearms should go through an FFL to help prevent criminals from obtaining guns. It's 20 bucks and 15 minutes of your time.

But I will admit I don't know how significant the number of illegal private sales there actually are or if the data even exists.

I guess I'm about to get flamed pretty hard but it always seemed reasonable to me.

Yes you are dumb as shit because the vast majority of criminals do not obtain a firearm via a legitimate sale. They steal them or buy tjem on the black market where there is no "background checks", never has been and never will be.

You're statement indicates that you lack critical thinking skills.

They get a gun so they can commit a crime!
They are going to shoot someone with intent to kill
They are going to rob someone
They are going to assault someone

All of these actions are illegal.
If the intent is to get a gun so that they can commit a crime, why the hell would they care about skipping a background check/ FFL form?

Stop being silly op. You should catch hell for being naive. That kind of ignorance will get people killed, even the ones on Sunnybrook Farm
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sorry, still waiting for that 87th dimensional chess move to play out.
Are you guys going to fight this one or just let it happen like last time?

Maybe the NRA can invite Biden so he can speak to them too.
View Quote

Why do you care, you got who you wanted and should be happy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Like the 1989 "sporting purpose" reinterpretation.

I guess Trump invented time travel.

The Biden administration is six days old, already trying to ban guns, and you people are still bitching about Trump.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
More like $65+ in my neck of the woods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is the problem.  mokerr gets to feel good, but a dealer can choose to charge what ever he wants because of "muh overheads".  What will the fee be?  Why do we need to pay a fee to exercise our rights?  Do you pay a fee to go to church?  What if the only dealer in your town doesn't want to do it at all?  What if you don't even have a dealer in your town?  

Same with banning on line ammo sales.  Dealers can then charge whatever they want for their retail sale.  How about lets add some back ground checks to ammo sales so mokerr can feel even more goodly. You can get all of this tyranny by simply moving to California, but people just like to fuck things up for everyone so they can feel better about themselves.

This shit never stops.  They always take more.  What do we get?  Nothing but tyranny and expense.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Lets close the liberal judge "Catch and release" Loophole. That's the real problem these are repeat felons.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That is the problem.  mokerr gets to feel good, but a dealer can choose to charge what ever he wants because of "muh overheads".  What will the fee be?  Why do we need to pay a fee to exercise our rights?  Do you pay a fee to go to church?  What if the only dealer in your town doesn't want to do it at all?  What if you don't even have a dealer in your town?  

Same with banning on line ammo sales.  Dealers can then charge whatever they want for their retail sale.  How about lets add some back ground checks to ammo sales so mokerr can feel even more goodly.

This shit never stops.  They always take more.  What do we get?  Nothing but tyranny and expense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same with banning on line ammo sales.  Dealers can then charge whatever they want for their retail sale.  How about lets add some back ground checks to ammo sales so mokerr can feel even more goodly.

The MD state police is required to do handgun transfers for $10, the cost of the state background check, at any barracks.  

Holy fuck, you'd think you asked for a free Bentley at the DMV when you attempt it at some places.

Or you can pay $10 to the state plus however much the dealer wants to fuck you ($40-75) for a face to face.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As for what I have done well I voted against the last gun grabber in office.

We are a little early to be talking about actions when we don’t even have a guess as to what the EO will say. I figure continuing my efforts to get republicans to grow a damn spine is the best bet
View Quote

The democrat party told you exactly what they had planned.
All democrat candidates told you exactly what they had planned.
Joe Biden told you exactly what they had planned.
The MSM, the entertainment industry, etc, have been completely open about what they want.

And you made the active choice to agree with them.

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/healing-the-soul-of-america/
Gun violence is a public health crisis in the United States. Over 100,000 people are shot and nearly 40,000 people die annually from guns—devastating countless families, friends, and communities. We can and will make gun violence a thing of the past. Addressing the gun violence crisis requires supporting evidence-based programs that prevent gun deaths from occurring in the first place, including by making mental health care more accessible and supporting suicide reduction initiatives, funding interventions to reduce homicides and gun violence in neighborhoods, and strengthening protections against domestic violence. Democrats will also ensure the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have sufficient resources to study gun violence as a public health issue, including the ongoing health care, mental health, economic, and social costs that can affect survivors and their families for years.

Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition, close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers, abusive partners, and some individuals convicted of assault or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing requirements for owning firearms and extreme risk protection order laws that allow courts to temporarily remove guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And Democrats believe that gun companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.

YOU wanted that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The MSM, the entertainment industry, etc, have been completely open about what they want.

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/healing-the-soul-of-america/
Gun violence is a public health crisis in the United States. Over 100,000 people are shot and nearly 40,000 people die annually from guns—devastating countless families, friends, and communities. We can and will make gun violence a thing of the past. Addressing the gun violence crisis requires supporting evidence-based programs that prevent gun deaths from occurring in the first place, including by making mental health care more accessible and supporting suicide reduction initiatives, funding interventions to reduce homicides and gun violence in neighborhoods, and strengthening protections against domestic violence. Democrats will also ensure the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have sufficient resources to study gun violence as a public health issue, including the ongoing health care, mental health, economic, and social costs that can affect survivors and their families for years.

Democrats will enact universal background checks, end online sales of guns and ammunition, close dangerous loopholes that currently allow stalkers, abusive partners, and some individuals convicted of assault or battery to buy and possess firearms, and adequately fund the federal background check system. We will close the “Charleston loophole” and prevent individuals who have been convicted of hate crimes from possessing firearms. Democrats will ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high capacity magazines. We will incentivize states to enact licensing requirements for owning firearms and extreme risk protection order laws that allow courts to temporarily remove guns from the possession of those who are a danger to themselves or others. We will pass legislation requiring that guns be safely stored in homes. And Democrats believe that gun companies should be held responsible for their products, just like any other business, and will prioritize repealing the law that shields gun manufacturers from civil liability.

YOU wanted that.
View Quote

He voted for the moron.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#18]
LMAO Susan can like my smelly asshole.  I'm not going to be involved with any BGC's for the duration of this regime.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That had to be handled at the state level.  Or get Congress to enact federal law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course he can do that....Cuomo did it years ago

That had to be handled at the state level.  Or get Congress to enact federal law.

In New York was passed through the house and senate, the to Cuomo to sign.

Congress has to pass a law, no EO.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

FJB
View Quote

Of course he can. They cheated the election and got away with it. They don’t need to follow laws.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like the 1989 "sporting purpose" reinterpretation.

I guess Trump invented time travel.

The Biden administration is six days old, already trying to ban guns, and you people are still bitching about Trump.

https://i.imgflip.com/4vfami.jpg

she is swamp spawn
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He voted for the moron.
View Quote

He's proud of it, too
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

YOU wanted that.
View Quote

well, i agree with 8 words of it
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The MD state police is required to do handgun transfers for $10, the cost of the state background check, at any barracks.  

Holy fuck, you'd think you asked for a free Bentley at the DMV when you attempt it at some places.

Or you can pay $10 to the state plus however much the dealer wants to fuck you ($40-75) for a face to face.

Kharn
View Quote

No matter how inexpensive it is, it is gun registration. It's giving the government a list of what you have, that is the goal. And really, our rulers don't care that much if drug dealers are killing innocent children with stray bullets in your quiet neighborhood with handguns. They want a list of your black rifles and your useful magazines, the stuff a population could use to stand up to their own government. They want those guns eradicated. So, first they want you to give them a list of what you have, for later restrictions.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've got a piece of paper in my wallet right now that says I'm not a criminal. Most people I know have one. No criminals buying guns, and also no record of what I buy.It's cheap and instant. Politicians want UBCs instead, and they will use the "gunshow loophole" to convince the general population to force it on you.
View Quote

I don't have one. I guess I'm a criminal.

Your location says Virginia. How are you going to prove you're not a criminal when your state gov restricts CWP?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#27]
When all this fails, they will just stop any new gun from being mfg. for civilian use.
The country has been giving up liberty for safety for decades. Drive in your car by yourself, no seat belt a cop will stop you and a corrupt judge will fine you. Don't wear a helmet on your cycle, same. Join the NG and you probably would go along with shooting anybody designated a terrorist without even questioning it. It's always for the children, for the good of society, for equality, for the collective over the individual, for something that is really an excuse to force one to comply with somebody's thinking they know better.  If you bought a gun through an FFL they could figure out exactly what you have in just a few minutes if they were planning a raid on you house.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Make NICS publicly searchable, with no requirement to enter seller or firearm info, and I just night use it.  A simple yes/no/delay response, just like an FFL gets.  

Now, there'd be no way to effectively mandate its use, but that shouldn't matter if Democrats really cared about keeping guns out of the wrong hands, because this would be such a great tool to prevent well intentioned gun owners from unknowingly selling to a prohibited person.  That it's unenforceable shouldn't matter.    

Of course, UBC's were never about safety, and exist solely to be one more addition to burden of legal gun purchasing.  
View Quote

This was recommended to Congress by the NRA last time they pushed UBC’s, a searchable system with no identifiers other that accepted or denied and the Dems rejected it. They want all the data.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#29]
The Colorado law includes the fee:  
(d) A licensed gun dealer may charge a fee for services rendered pursuant to this section, which fee shall not exceed ten dollars.
View Quote

Easily changed of course...

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Privates sales are much more common than most would think, it is also not measurable because those sales are not reported. The problem is from a LE perspective almost all illegally bought and sold guns are person to person sale.."Yo homeboi need a new 9, $300 bucks"  etc. So the reality is the number of guns illegally sold person to person could be pretty miniscule... we can't actually prove that without documenting the sales.

So fuck all that,  no more.  Not one more fucking inch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
ABC reporter asked about the Joe Biden promise to close the "gun show loophole" on day 1.

Susan rice responded by saying expect EO's on "gun violence prevention" in the next week.

There you have it GD. Mandatory background checks in all states, on all firearm sales, by the stroke of a pen.

You better have your seatbelt on for the ride.
View Quote
Don't think it is that simple as I am not part o the executive branch of government and therefore am under no requirement to follow one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:14:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I never said any such thing and you already know that. You are trying to pretend I support gun restrictions, I don't. Or maybe I just hurt your feelings, sorry.

Your location says Virginia. How are you going to prove you're not a criminal when your state gov restricts CWP?

It doesn't matter and you already know that. What we are going to get instead of what I suggested is universal gun registration disguised as universal background checks. Because that is the goal.

What I suggested is a system that works perfectly to prevent criminals from purchasing guns, the "gun show loophole", while not creating a gun registration. It's easy, it works. And politicians have absolutely zero interest in using it, that's the point. That's the point. They want gun registration. They want a list of every gun you have, they more importantly want a list of every gun your kids receive. The plan is to cause a situation where the black rifles you own and the magazines are never owned by another person. UBCs(gun registration) is a tool for that. It's not about preventing criminals from getting guns. Their actions prove that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What's the nics check, if not a mandatory background check?
View Quote

F2F sales don't need any of that.

I assume this would close that way of doing business.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Has there been an article of her saying this posted in this thread?
View Quote

I'm looking for the same thing.  And I'm also trying to find exactly what OP thinks was said.  There's a video of a press conference today, but she doesn't say anything that specific in response to the question beginning at 11:20.  She says "we have 1454 more days left in President Biden's first term, and so give us a little something to do over the next few days."  I'm not sure that's a definitive statement on anything.  I'm sure it's coming, but maybe not just yet.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

The constitution is very clear on guns and one only need look at what the founding fathers said to understand why, thinks like,

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
        ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.  

" Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive."
            ---Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (Philadelphia 1787).     https://guncite.com/gc2ndfqu.html

There is a reason why government should have NO control over guns. And that reason is they could care less about guns, it's all about control.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nah, pellet rifles are moar fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

News flash...
Since we didn’t and are not going to use them for their intended purpose, as we sit here and watch the nation crumble, they are all range toys.

All the quitters can take up darts. They will still make holes in paper and it’s much cheaper.

Nah, pellet rifles are moar fun.

Dont kid yourself about pellet guns.  Once they realize how power certain  PCP  rifles are they will come after them too .
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That's why you buy long before the stupidity starts.

If you are jus t starting to buy now you have waited far to long.

View Quote

Brilliant observation. What about our children Einstein?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I couldn't care less about paperwork and safe storage and even the tax stamp thing is doable.
To me the line is crossed is if we stop online sales of ammo and firearms because that will end the hobby for good.
OK I revise this: Pinning stocks and magazines Commufornia style would also piss me off :-)
View Quote

The right to defend yourself is not a fucking hobby.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Another trip to the capital is in order
View Quote

Agree !
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The constitution is very clear on guns and one only need look at what the founding fathers said to understand why, thinks like,

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
        ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.  

" Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretence, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive."
            ---Noah Webster, An Examination of the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution (Philadelphia 1787).     https://guncite.com/gc2ndfqu.html

There is a reason why government should have NO control over guns. And that reason is they could care less about guns, it's all about control.
View Quote

This is what needs to be repeated.
The founding fathers knew that being disarmed by our own government has consequences that are WORSE than anything else we have going on. Countries all over the planet should have already learned this.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
  I don't live in MD. What now?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No matter how inexpensive it is, it is gun registration. It's giving the government a list of what you have, that is the goal. And really, our rulers don't care that much if drug dealers are killing innocent children with stray bullets in your quiet neighborhood with handguns. They want a list of your black rifles and your useful magazines, the stuff a population could use to stand up to their own government. They want those guns eradicated. So, first they want you to give them a list of what you have, for later restrictions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

MD's registry is so messed up, if you request a copy of your records, you'll find a ton of guns on your list that you've never heard of,  and guns you have in your possession not listed. It's like there were random transposition errors in the database or the people doing the old paper transcription didn't give a fuck and typed whatever SSN they thought was close and hit ok.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#43]
“A law repugnant to the Constitution is void.  An act of Congress repugnant to the Constitution cannot become a law.  The Constitution supersedes all other laws and the individual’s rights shall be liberally enforced in favor of him, the clearly intended and expressly designated beneficiary.” –Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137 (1803)

“An unconstitutional law is void and is as no law.  An offense created by it is not crime.  A conviction under it is not merely erroneous but isillegal and void and cannot be used as a legal cause of imprisonment.” – Ex parte Siebold, 100 U.S. 371 (1879)

“An unconstitutional act is not law.  It confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office.  It is, in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed.” – Norton v. Shelby County, 118 U.S. 425 (1886)

“Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule-making or legislation which would abrogate them.” –Miranda v. Arizona, 384 U.S. 436 (1966)
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This was recommended to Congress by the NRA last time they pushed UBC’s, a searchable system with no identifiers other that accepted or denied and the Dems rejected it. They want all the data.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make NICS publicly searchable, with no requirement to enter seller or firearm info, and I just night use it.  A simple yes/no/delay response, just like an FFL gets.  

Now, there'd be no way to effectively mandate its use, but that shouldn't matter if Democrats really cared about keeping guns out of the wrong hands, because this would be such a great tool to prevent well intentioned gun owners from unknowingly selling to a prohibited person.  That it's unenforceable shouldn't matter.    

Of course, UBC's were never about safety, and exist solely to be one more addition to burden of legal gun purchasing.  

I would include that in the background checks I run on prospective tenants.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Will not comply.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Guys. Democrats in FULL control of government is actually better for gun owners. Because then Rs will fight for us! And so will the NRA! Remember Obama didn’t do anything, and today is exactly like 2009.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#47]
If they were serious about background checks, open up NICs to the public. Exclude listing each gun on the check. Allow people to run checks, keep them valid for say 30 days. CCW or any state that requires a license to bypass NICS. End the prohibition on buying guns out of state as that's obsolete due to the universal background checks.

That would be a reasonable compromise, as it would allow universal background checks and eliminate meaningless laws. Its also why it won't ever come to be.

The purpose is something else which we all know.

But if we propose something like the above as an alternative, we'd be that much closer to controlling the narrative and making the antis the ones who say no.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When all this fails, they will just stop any new gun from being mfg. for civilian use.
The country has been giving up liberty for safety for decades. Drive in your car by yourself, no seat belt a cop will stop you and a corrupt judge will fine you. Don't wear a helmet on your cycle, same. Join the NG and you probably would go along with shooting anybody designated a terrorist without even questioning it. It's always for the children, for the good of society, for equality, for the collective over the individual, for something that is really an excuse to force one to comply with somebody's thinking they know better.  If you bought a gun through an FFL they could figure out exactly what you have in just a few minutes if they were planning a raid on you house.

View Quote

They would need to know what ffls you shopped at.

Here in CA, they have had registration, which started in 2014 for rifles and shotguns and 1990s for handguns. Also registered AW from the various bans.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Guys. Democrats in FULL control of government is actually better for gun owners. Because then Rs will fight for us! And so will the NRA! Remember Obama didn’t do anything, and today is exactly like 2009.
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

" />

Consider Yourself ....  FLAMED
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top