Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have statistics on that? Again, genuinely asking for data, not being a smartass. But keep up the personal attacks I guess.
View Quote

Jeeze dude, the FBI statistics are quite clear on this. only a tiny % of guns criminals use are obtained from a retail outlet or other legal means. How about you do some googling about it before you post ignorant shit? Or do we have to do it all for you?

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/suficspi16.pdf
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Fixed that for you.
They already do it with tax stamps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess I'll catch major shit for this but.......I think private sales of firearms should go through an FFL to help prevent criminals from obtaining guns. It's 20 bucks and 15 minutes of your time.

But I will admit I don't know how significant the number of illegal private sales there actually are or if the data even exists.

I guess I'm about to get flamed pretty hard but it always seemed reasonable to me.

It seems reasonable unless you actually stop and think about it.

You think it's reasonable to get government permission to exercise a right that the constitution prevents the government from infringing upon. What if they get backed up and it takes 2 months YEARS to get your check done (hint: already happening). What if the employees doing the check are biased? What if they keep records (registration leads to confiscation)?

Then consider the fact that you can get 80% kits delivered to your door and 3d printer goes brrrrr

How useful and reasonable are UBC really?

Use your head.

This is the same as red flag laws that "seem reasonable" until you consider the 2nd order effects for more than 5 seconds.

Fixed that for you.
They already do it with tax stamps.

Fair.

It's all unconstitutional bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He can't do that, otherwise FBHO would have done it already.

FJB
View Quote

Who's going to stop him?
No platform for disagreement.
NRA in disarray.
What can you or I do?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Background checks for all sales have done so much to keep guns out of the hands of criminals here in California.
View Quote

thats really NOT the point, haven't you been paying attention?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

I'd like it more if Abbott would support constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's why we need storage laws, so if it's stolen they can prosecute the gun owner a long with the criminal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
   Did it ever occur to that criminals will just steal them if they can't buy them?  Or do think they obey gun laws as opposed to all the other laws they break?

That's why we need storage laws, so if it's stolen they can prosecute the gun owner a long with the criminal
  That slippery slope is getting down right teflon coated with a layer of oil and grease.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
The thread isn't even an hour old and three belligerent gun grabbers have swooped in.

I can't even save the thread as their names vanish once it's archived.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:private sales of firearms should go through an FFL to help prevent criminals from obtaining guns.
View Quote

@mokerr - why are you in favor of mandatory registration?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Jeeze dude, the FBI statistics are quite clear on this. only a tiny % of guns criminals use are obtained from a retail outlet or other legal means. How about you do some googling about it before you post ignorant shit? Or do we have to do it all for you?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have statistics on that? Again, genuinely asking for data, not being a smartass. But keep up the personal attacks I guess.

So less than 2% of guns used in crimes are bought legally.

You want to fix crime? Get repeat offenders off the streets permanently. Done.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]
yea, i dont care. not gonna obey it anyway
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My opinion and I could be wrong.
The example from trump was it showed they could do it and we weren't going to fight back.
They called our bluff, proved themselves to be right and we are going to get fucking steamrolled.
View Quote

I think it was more that the court didn't want to hear the case, because cowards. It is clearly unconstitutional. But the bump stock thing is difficult because to most people it does look like it converts rifles to FA.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
dont worry, we scotus now
View Quote

Scotus seems cowed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's it, I am done with the Democratic party.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck those that did not vote for Trump because "of my toy bumpstock".
View Quote

Trump got plenty of votes to win, you can't out-vote a printer on full brrrrr.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Funny thing about that part...

THEY DON'T CARE. And who's going to stop them??
View Quote

That's correct. They don't care about the constitution or rule of law.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:48:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Trump opened that door up already. Obama tried to ban bump stocks, but his atf ruled that they couldn't. Trump went on and did the same thing, using pressure from the Vegas liberal that shot up the concert. Now we are in a place where atf takes direct orders to reinterpret laws from the president.
View Quote

Like the 1989 "sporting purpose" reinterpretation.

I guess Trump invented time travel.

The Biden administration is six days old, already trying to ban guns, and you people are still bitching about Trump.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone who is arguing that this will “reduce crime” is aggressively retarded or merely ignorant of the facts.

Gun control is not about crime reduction
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:50:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Maybe when voting also requires a background check each time a ballot is cast
View Quote

Voting should, at least, be subject to the same scutiny as buying a belt fed machine gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are we still celebrating the death of the NRA because the douche at that top enriched himself by skimming off the top of the donations?
View Quote

Yes.

You realize the NICS was their fucking idea, right?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I guess I'll catch major shit for this but.......I think private sales of firearms should go through an FFL to help prevent criminals from obtaining guns. It's 20 bucks and 15 minutes of your time.

But I will admit I don't know how significant the number of illegal private sales there actually are or if the data even exists.

I guess I'm about to get flamed pretty hard but it always seemed reasonable to me.
View Quote

@mokerr

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's fine until you also realize they're pushing heavily to redefine who is prohibited from owning a gun. They want to close the "hate speech" loophole, which will likely become the "extremist" loophole, and you will be included in that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

There were studies done, mostly back in the 90s (when crime was higher).

Crime is mostly done by a small number of people. Inner city gangs deal in drugs and then become involved in illegal guns (stolen by people looking to buy drugs). Homicide is driven by criminals who illegally obtain guns, and not at gun shows or normal person-to-person sales.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#23]
We have expensive ammo we won't shoot in guns that will be illegal to own anyway.
At least we're in a safe place to complain about it.
They're taking away our second amendment but we still got our ...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The only reason the fed govt had the authority to mandate background checks by FFLs is because of the Commerce Clause. A president has no legal authority to mandate background checks for private sales by EO
View Quote

Laughs in Gonzales v Raich
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can't do that with an EO. It's circumventing the whole legislative process.

EO's were created as a stopgap for emergencies when an immediate response was needed in foreign policy dealing with other countries.

it's not designed for domestic legislation.
View Quote

Marine One is a helicopter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes.

You realize the NCIS was their fucking idea, right?
View Quote

You're right.  We are much better off with no one lobbying for us in congress.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No need to be an ass, I was generally referring to law abiding citizens unknowingly selling to criminals face to face due to lack of background check requirement. I do NOT know how often it actually occurs though.
View Quote

That's the thing.  Is there any evidence that the background checks reduced gun crime?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I would have liked a XCR.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#29]
For the gun people who voted for Joe Xiden, this is what they are going to get, too late to complain, now is the time to comply, ie if Slow Joe is really going to do a EO for gun background check. The NRA is not going to save your bacon now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Maybe when voting also requires a background check each time a ballot is cast
View Quote

Note that they are now pushing to have an unconstitutional law make voting fraud easy nationally.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
He's going to do what he wants and no one will stop him.

We're in a post-coup country now.
View Quote
Indeed. All accountability has stopped and the tyrants are only beginning to stretch their muscles.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

News flash...
Since we didn’t and are not going to use them for their intended purpose, as we sit here and watch the nation crumble, they are all range toys.

All the quitters can take up darts. They will still make holes in paper and it’s much cheaper.
View Quote

Assault Lawn Darts?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I join you because I support things that make sense.
Same with safe storage - works in Switzerland why shouldn't it work here ?
Once you do the required paperwork in Switzerland you can buy a brand new MP5 full auto right from the factory. All of this without politics, mass shootings or idiots that let their kids play with guns.
I'm sure the same folks that whine about the right to voice an opinion are already getting the pitchforks and torches ready - bring it on :-)

View Quote

Banning you again makes sense.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
That's why you buy long before the stupidity starts.

If you are just starting to buy now you have waited far to long.

View Quote
I do honestly feel bad for those who are just now being red-pilled and having
their "coming to Jesus" moment. Life is going to be hard for them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've never understood why the slippery slope argument is considered a fallacy. We can see this happening right in front of us.

View Quote

It depends on the context I think. If the person pushing the restriction is actually honest about intent, and isn't just trying to edge things in their direction. The left isn't honest.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That's why you buy long before the stupidity starts.

If you are just starting to buy now you have waited far to long.

View Quote

There are people just turning 18 or 21 every day.  Their options were limited.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Lol, I'm not subject to executive order.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I honestly don't even know that to say, other than, I am disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry you hate freedom, bro. I bet you agree thought crimes deserve special punishment.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we still celebrating the death of the NRA because the douche at that top enriched himself by skimming off the top of the donations?

Yes.

How about you put your statement in the proper context?  Back in 1994 when the Democrats controlled everything and were going to ram through the Brady Bill no matter what, the NRA stepped in and was able to minimize the damage they were doing.  The Democrats has planned a paper trail (backdoor registration) and had implemented a waiting period to buy guns so that the mail in version of a background check could be completed.  You being able to walk into a gun store, the dealer makes a call, and you walk out with a gun is thanks to the NRA. Perhaps you rather wait 30 days to pickup up your purchase.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
   Some states allow a CCW and a FTF sale to bypass NICS.  They will end that soon.
View Quote

ATF is the one who has allowed CCWs to stand in for background checks, so I expect that to end.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't buy firearms from anyone and have sold all but one 10-22 and M1a that were 4473ed. 80% for the win..
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#44]
As if I'm going to follow that.

*third hole*
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The Biden administration is six days old, already trying to ban guns, and you people are still bitching about Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trump opened that door up already. Obama tried to ban bump stocks, but his atf ruled that they couldn't. Trump went on and did the same thing, using pressure from the Vegas liberal that shot up the concert. Now we are in a place where atf takes direct orders to reinterpret laws from the president.

Sorry, still waiting for that 87th dimensional chess move to play out.
Are you guys going to fight this one or just let it happen like last time?

Maybe the NRA can invite Biden so he can speak to them too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

You also like Pit Bull trash dogs so you just added to your list of bad opinions decisions and life choices.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Agreed, all I'm saying is that Trump showed them a new trick to use, or at least set the precedent that it could be done.
View Quote

I think the significant thing is the change in what they are willing to do. They are much more bold all along the line, after all many are now calling for our re-education. In context Trump's ban seems to me to be a fart in the wind. They are not restraining any of their goals now, guns will be no different.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I join you because I support things that make sense.
Same with safe storage - works in Switzerland why shouldn't it work here ?
Once you do the required paperwork in Switzerland you can buy a brand new MP5 full auto right from the factory. All of this without politics, mass shootings or idiots that let their kids play with guns.
I'm sure the same folks that whine about the right to voice an opinion are already getting the pitchforks and torches ready - bring it on :-)

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

As much as I somewhat like abbott he cant even get constitutional carry passed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You're right.  We are much better off with no one lobbying for us in congress.
View Quote

News flash since you haven’t been paying attention... the ones in control of Congress are the ones that took down the NRA.

Who were you hoping they’d lobby to, exactly?
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top