Quoted:
Unenforceable.
View Quote

And illegal.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone who spouts this gunshow loophole BS is, to quote L Neil Smith, stupid, insane, or evil. Those are the only options.

Edit: He could ACTUALLY make a dent in gun violence by directing the ATFE to investigate denied purchases, and suspected straw purchases, but that road seriously does not lead where they want it to go.
View Quote

Would require dems getting arrested and convicted.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fuck those that did not vote for Trump because "of my toy bumpstock".
View Quote

Fools.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:08:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It's good I sold all of mine at gun shows years ago. And I got a really shity memory for names, I don't remember who I sold them to.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ABC reporter asked about the Joe Biden promise to close the "gun show loophole" on day 1.

Susan rice responded by saying expect EO's on "gun violence prevention" in the next week.

There you have it GD. Mandatory background checks in all states, on all firearm sales, by the stroke of a pen.

You better have your seatbelt on for the ride.
View Quote
He can't do anything with an EO that Obama didn't already do because Obama did as much as he could.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I guess I'll catch major shit for this but.......I think private sales of firearms should go through an FFL to help prevent criminals from obtaining guns. It's 20 bucks and 15 minutes of your time.

But I will admit I don't know how significant the number of illegal private sales there actually are or if the data even exists.

I guess I'm about to get flamed pretty hard but it always seemed reasonable to me.
View Quote
Yeah, you will catch major shit for that
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I guess I'll catch major shit for this but.......I think private sales of firearms should go through an FFL to help prevent criminals from obtaining guns. It's 20 bucks and 15 minutes of your time.

But I will admit I don't know how significant the number of illegal private sales there actually are or if the data even exists.

I guess I'm about to get flamed pretty hard but it always seemed reasonable to me.
View Quote

I think that is clearly an infringement and this a violation of the 2A.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fools.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fools.

Trump is why we have Biden. Thanks for voting booth of them in.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's good I sold all of mine at gun shows years ago. And I got a really shity memory for names, I don't remember who I sold them to.
View Quote

Yeah, that's good. Because if they just blanket make ownership of particular guns a felony, it simply won't matter. If you have the gun in your closet or buried in your back yard, felony, prison.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rightfully so.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
   Some states allow a CCW and a FTF sale to bypass NICS.  They will end that soon.
View Quote

Some states allow FTF transactions. Like WI. No CCW or other needed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

But .... but .... but ..... muh bumpstocks!

There's no difference between Trump and Biden.  GD told me so.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But .... but .... but ..... muh bumpstocks!

There's no difference between Trump and Biden.  GD told me so.
View Quote
only the extremists, and everything is either black or white dudes.

after LV i wonder what Hillary or Biden would have done.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

only the extremists, and everything is either black or white dudes.

after LV i wonder what Hillary or Biden would have done.
View Quote

I understand the serious problem with trump opening the door to banning gun accessories through executive order. Mags, parts kits, etc. It's bad.
The choice was to support something much much worse, or support something not as bad. Supporting nothing is allowing something much much worse.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#15]
No authority to do it..
If he does it anyway, gun sales will be just like drug sales, in dark alleys.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

or make background checks free online.  You'd get a LOT more buy-in from people if it was a 2 minute free online process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or make background checks free online.  You'd get a LOT more buy-in from people if it was a 2 minute free online process.

not from me.

as soon as they make in mandatory with an online option, they will then take away the online option.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
   Some states allow a CCW and a FTF sale to bypass NICS.  They will end that soon.

I didn't word that well. MS allows FTF. The CCW bypasses NICS.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#18]
How about "machine parts?"

How would they know if I traded a piece of metal for a pot of beans? or a piece of printed paper? or a bag full of stamped metal disks? Or a days labor?

You know drugs are illegal and they are sold everyday, often quite openly. Don't buy into the bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Until "they" want to change it to something unreasonable.

Take a lesson from Canada, IIRC they had gun registration. It failed because of non-compliance. Still was a PITA though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#20]
In before Texas judge smacks him down.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. Fuck Trump for banning bumpstocks. Actions have consequences. Obama tried to regulate bumpstocks twice and failed. Trump's ego pushed him to be successful on an Obama failure. Put the blame where it belongs. But I'm guessing you're one of those that is OK with getting fucked as long as it's our guys fucking us. Amirite?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm not sure about the stats but I'm pretty sure criminals get their guns from stealing them, buying stolen guns, or straw purchases in that order. I'm sure f2f transactions by prohibited persons occur but not to the extinct that warrants this incursion against our freedom.

Some quotes for you to chew on:
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
--Benjamin Franklin
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No. Fuck Trump for banning bumpstocks. Actions have consequences. Obama tried to regulate bumpstocks twice and failed. Trump's ego pushed him to be successful on an Obama failure. Put the blame where it belongs. But I'm guessing you're one of those that is OK with getting fucked as long as it's our guys fucking us. Amirite?
View Quote

That might be the case, and I try to never underestimate trumps ego.
But this was immediately after a guy in vegas used a bumpstock to rain bullets down into a packed outdoor event. People were freaking the fuck out. I think it is probable that trump figured he was throwing them a bone and actually had no idea this act was opening pandoras box on the second amendment. All academic now. He did it. He banned a gun accessory. There are lots and lots of gun accessories. Some are kind of important.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you voted for Biden because of bumpstocks?  It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see how it plays out for em'.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He's going to do what he wants and no one will stop him.

We're in a post-coup country now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Soon chinese troops will go door to door rounding them up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:18:46 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yQOEgRw-67.gif

You looking to be put on so many ignore lists around here here that you will soon be talking to yourself?

https://drandalls.files.wordpress.com/2021/01/234erg.jpg

Trump laced that boot, and everyone cheered him on. Sad.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Soon chinese troops will go door to door rounding them up.
View Quote

Im not saying that would be game on but if that were to happen I think it would be game on.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:16:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Half of GD, most of the older members, and a couple mods lol

Everyone who ever started a post out by saying "Now i voted for Trump, but. .     "
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also affects you gifting a gun to your dad, son, wife.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:27:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Everyone who ever started a post out by saying "Now i voted for Trump, but. .     "
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

God forbid we criticize our elected officials when they fuck up
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:27:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well he should. Being ignorant, uneducated, and/or stupid should have consequences.

Maybe he should try to find the "common sense infringements" clause in the Constitution and get back to us after a little research.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That had to be handled at the state level.  Or get Congress to enact federal law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course he can do that....Cuomo did it years ago

That had to be handled at the state level.  Or get Congress to enact federal law.

I think were in a post constitutional area where their going to throw it aganist the wall so fast you won't be able to figure what's happening and most will stick.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:37:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Trump is why we have Biden. Thanks for voting booth of them in.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems you missed all that documented vote fraud.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:42:25 AM EDT
[#37]
who cares...

write ur reps and senators - call them.

don’t comply.

line in the sand is yesterday
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
UBC is unenforceable without registration
View Quote

Not so. If you have a firearm made after a certain date, and there isnt a form 4473 on file for it that you filled out, then you must have bought a firearm without a background check
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I couldn't care less about paperwork and safe storage and even the tax stamp thing is doable.
To me the line is crossed is if we stop online sales of ammo and firearms because that will end the hobby for good.
OK I revise this: Pinning stocks and magazines Commufornia style would also piss me off :-)
View Quote

$200 stamp on every "assault " rifle you own and every magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, would be okay with you? Not me!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:47:17 AM EDT
[#40]
No, just no. Anything else I may say could get my young virgin account locked
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

The problem with your thinking is your worried about a very minor problem being cured by government knowing where all fire arms are. Which is a major problem for ones freedom.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Where can you buy a gun without a background check? I’m in Texas and you have to do a background check at gun shows.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:50:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I couldn't care less about paperwork and safe storage and even the tax stamp thing is doable.
To me the line is crossed is if we stop online sales of ammo and firearms because that will end the hobby for good.
OK I revise this: Pinning stocks and magazines Commufornia style would also piss me off :-)
View Quote

No to all of it.    Maybe you enjoy the taste of boot....i don't.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So Biden is about to take a page out of the Trump playbook, and you STILL think people were pissed about the bumpstocks?

JFC
View Quote

Yea Trumps the one that opened this door
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:53:33 AM EDT
[#45]
I guess I am okay with none of the BS they want to do.  If you are a criminal and would fail a background check and get caught committing a crime with a gun....you get life, don't care.  If it was clear case of self defense then I have no problem, probably did everyone a favor.  If you get caught with a gun and are a felon; examine rap sheet, and if any other crime was committed after the felony then 20 years and no less.  If they hadn't committed a crime beside having a gun then you get the ankle monitor treatment for a year.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:54:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

First of all, most guns are obtained by criminals who aren't allowed to buy guns themselves, through straw purchases. They have a gang member or a girlfriend who doesn't have a record buy it for them. Secondly you don't think that they want background checks because they're going to wipe the data at the end of the day do you? They're going to keep that for de facto registration. Then when they want to claim you have to turn in every gun you own they know where to look.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hobby?
You think the 2nd amendment is a hobby.   Lol.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Not my President.....so fuck him!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Making the law abiding jump through more hoops does nothing to curtail criminal activity.     Criminals steal guns.  

Should we make the process of selling cars or bats more arduous because criminals steal and use them for crimes and harm as well?

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:59:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quite true, and we will pass a bill in this state that prohibits cooperation with the feds to enforce federal gun laws. Joe can suck a dick.
View Quote

Let's hope so. We'll be seeing whether Gianforte is a billionaire globalist, or truly understands why the red tsunami swept this state in Nov. I wanna see the entire region tell joe to fuck off.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top