Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

not posted.  i believe in NY its required by law or you cannot do much about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Posted in or not did you have permission to be on the land owners land?

not posted.  i believe in NY its required by law or you cannot do much about it.
So no posted sign makes it seem alright to treat it as yours? WOW
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
Plus "You can't touch me ....... I'm only a kid, so fuck you."
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have hunted The foot for years. Yes things can get crazy. Years ago was in a family blind. They phased those out. Many weekends spent at Eagle’s Nest. Hunted with the Ridgley /Samburg guys. Different bunch up that way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have hunted The foot for years. Yes things can get crazy. Years ago was in a family blind. They phased those out. Many weekends spent at Eagle’s Nest. Hunted with the Ridgley /Samburg guys. Different bunch up that way.
View Quote

Love me some Boyette’s !!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Killed two kids, one if which I knew. Chance worked at final fight outfitters in union city, a large locally owned hunting and shooting store. Nice kid, quiet but could be funny as hell.

David Vowell had hunting partners who stopped hunting with him because he'd gone off the deep end years ago.  He's a POS and I hope he dies a painful death.

Reelfoot Lake, as another poster mentioned, has a colorful history. From the Nightriders to current day shenanigans, it's an interesting history. Duck blinds are seen as private property by some folks, even though their use is subject to a lottery draw by the TWRA.  It isn't odd to have your decoys sunk/stolen, somebody pepper your blind with bird shot, shoot your boat, or shoot you because you're hunting in "their" blind.
View Quote

Second I read that I thought about coming out there to help aid the search. Chance was great at customer service. And I bought a few things over the phone from them. Kid didn't deserve this shit. @rob78 can you provide updates?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
muh land
muh animals

fucking fudds

View Quote

There is a huge difference between this and someone protecting livestock and land they actually own.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:10:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We even have people here in arfcom defend that attitude.

Just last week in a thread about someones hunting cabin getting burned down, a member said its because the "outsiders" don't give the "locals" a "fair shake." Lol fuck that. My philosophy is money exchanged hands, titles changed owners, stay the fuck off my property or you can be buried in it.
View Quote

Shit then it won't only be theirs. They'll be a part of it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Them boys on reelfoot and the ol hickory project outside Nashville don’t fuck around.

I’ve met guys who’d get pissed as all get out when you attempted to jump the blind.

And for you guys that don’t know TN duck hunting, jumping a blind is perfectly legal and part of it.

But that ol bastard needs to be sunk and never seen again
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Killed two kids, one if which I knew. Chance worked at final fight outfitters in union city, a large locally owned hunting and shooting store. Nice kid, quiet but could be funny as hell.

David Vowell had hunting partners who stopped hunting with him because he'd gone off the deep end years ago.  He's a POS and I hope he dies a painful death.

Reelfoot Lake, as another poster mentioned, has a colorful history. From the Nightriders to current day shenanigans, it's an interesting history. Duck blinds are seen as private property by some folks, even though their use is subject to a lottery draw by the TWRA.  It isn't odd to have your decoys sunk/stolen, somebody pepper your blind with bird shot, shoot your boat, or shoot you because you're hunting in "their" blind.
View Quote

We night fish over there, but never bothered with ducks, too much goings on.  I stay on my side of the river during that season.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a lot of state and federal land here and if the signs aren't up there is no way to know if you're actually trespassing on parts where it borders.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully their families leave his estate and heirs penniless and destitute after he dies from covid in prison.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]
When you have a history of private property ownership, highly contested transfers of land from private to public, and some areas maybe having a few blinds grandfathered in, then the state sets rules that allows others to hunt 'their' blinds.....it's always going to end up being a mess.

The solution, as any sane person knows, is private property. Public property ought to be a misnomer. But even if you privatize everything, you're still going to have conflicts over migratory animals as everyone thinks they own all the animals whether they're sitting on your duck hole or not.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't fuck around with crazy old rednecks. They're batshit crazy and because they're old they've got very little to lose. They're willing to kill or be killed over a few ducks, or something else that seems equally trivial when you're younger and not crazy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

"But people also need to understand that local tradition might trump property lines and laws. "

Sure sounds like defending criminal activity because of "tradition" to me. But what do I know, what with all my low comprehension and all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We even have people here in arfcom defend that attitude.

Just last week in a thread about someones hunting cabin getting burned down, a member said its because the "outsiders" don't give the "locals" a "fair shake." Lol fuck that. My philosophy is money exchanged hands, titles changed owners, stay the fuck off my property or you can be buried in it.

To be fair, one person posted that, out of an 8 or 9 page thread.

To be even more fair, he wasn’t defending or excusing the attitude or behavior, either. Just merely explaining the reality, however wrong it may be, of some situations.

But a bunch of low comprehension members completely misunderstood it.

"But people also need to understand that local tradition might trump property lines and laws. "

Sure sounds like defending criminal activity because of "tradition" to me. But what do I know, what with all my low comprehension and all?

Sounds like you should work on your comprehension skills and then consider that single sentence within the greater context of everything else that its author posted. Or just finish reading through the thread and see where others, including people relatively local to the incident, have already explained it. It now even has a happy ending. Well, except for the owner of the burned cabin who is now probably forever unwelcome and will have trouble there after condemning the entire population. He sure showed them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The solution, as any sane person knows, is private property. Public property ought to be a misnomer.
View Quote

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Several years ago a guy was boating to his blind, some methbilly local shot him with a rifle from a deerstand. Killed him.

The duck hunting is phenomenal in that area.  How much armor you got?  Would a boat made of ar500 float?

View Quote

Actually he was walking in when shot.  Carrying a chainsaw. Guy that shot him thought they were antlers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When you have a history of private property ownership, highly contested transfers of land from private to public, and some areas maybe having a few blinds grandfathered in, then the state sets rules that allows others to hunt 'their' blinds.....it's always going to end up being a mess.

The solution, as any sane person knows, is private property. Public property ought to be a misnomer. But even if you privatize everything, you're still going to have conflicts over migratory animals as everyone thinks they own all the animals whether they're sitting on your duck hole or not.

View Quote

My side of the river is a little different, but 90% of our duck hunting area is private property.  People fly in from all over the country and stack deep in the blinds.  If you are local, you either guide for one of the big landowners, or you're SOL.  Most all of the blinds are rented out months in advance.  We are left with a few public holes, that it's pretty much a boat race every morning to get to.    Sometimes you get there first, sometimes you get there last and go end up standing in the middle of the ditch hoping to get lucky.  I've been in a hole with some random guys that turned out okay, and I've been waved on before.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sounds like you should work on your comprehension skills and then consider that single sentence within the greater context of everything else that its author posted. Or just finish reading through the thread and see where others, including people relatively local to the incident, have already explained it. It now even has a happy ending. Well, except for the owner of the burned cabin who is now probably forever unwelcome and will have trouble there after condemning the entire population. He sure showed them.
View Quote

I acknowledge your position.  Here is my position.  Trespassers should be shot, warning shot optional.  Arsonists should be shot, period.

If their "kin" object, chamber another round.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Actually he was walking in when shot.  Carrying a chainsaw. Guy that shot him thought they were antlers.
View Quote
I'd always heard he was in the boat.  Burnett or something or other.  Paris, TN guy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#20]
It was not farmland before the lake was formed.  The lake was created by the New madrid Quake in 1811.  It was Indian land at the time.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fuck that.
View Quote

Muh socialized duck holes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Second I read that I thought about coming out there to help aid the search. Chance was great at customer service. And I bought a few things over the phone from them. Kid didn't deserve this shit. @rob78 can you provide updates?
View Quote
I'm not hearing much right now.

TBI is after him.  I've got an indirect contact with one of their investigators, but I'm not bothering them at the moment.  They got enough on their plate.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that.

We are talking about a lot more than that. WAY more.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I acknowledge your position.  Here is my position.  Trespassers should be shot, warning shot optional.  Arsonists should be shot, period.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let us know how that works out in the long run.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fuck that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The solution, as any sane person knows, is private property. Public property ought to be a misnomer.

Fuck that.

I now own Yellowstone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
https://i.imgflip.com/4vcsma.jpg

Perp literally looks like this meme
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Wow.  What kind of behaviors was the old man exhibiting that chased off his old hunting partners?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  What kind of behaviors was the old man exhibiting that chased off his old hunting partners?

Probably the kind that go along with murdering 2 people in cold blood.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not purple enough.

McConnell would have stabbed them in the back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit its Mitch McConnell

Not purple enough.

McConnell would have stabbed them in the back.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I now own Yellowstone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that.

I now own Yellowstone.

Dibs on the the Smoky Mountains!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Fucked up old bitch murders two guys over ducks.  I hope he gets raped to death.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fuck that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that.

Yes, please stay on your side of the Mississippi.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I now own Yellowstone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that.

I now own Yellowstone.

Be a hell of a thing for Xi Jingping or Jack Ma to buy Yosemite or Sequoia or the Grand Canyon and then wall it off.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hunt a little (not very successfully LOL). I didn't start hunting until I was in my 30s. One of the things that turned my off of it for a long time was how otherwise normal, level-headed, upstanding members of society would turn into irrational raging assholes once their preferred hunting season started.
View Quote

You should be a game warden telling a boomer the 200 pounds of bird seed he added to his otherwise legal dove field makes it baited after HE called YOU to check it for legality
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn man. Sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Be a hell of a thing for Xi Jingping or Jack Ma to buy Yosemite or Sequoia or the Grand Canyon and then wall it off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that.

I now own Yellowstone.

I’ll sell it to them but it won’t be cheap.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#36]
What an interesting read. The Facebook comments were all over the map. I did enjoy the ones where people say they tracked the old man down because of ballistics.

And when people call them out on the Ridiculousness of ballistics with a smooth bore shotgun they claimef all guns have ballistics.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#37]
So is he in custody, dead, still at large, or what?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What an interesting read. The Facebook comments were all over the map. I did enjoy the ones where people say they tracked the old man down because of ballistics.

And when people call them out on the Ridiculousness of ballistics with a smooth bore shotgun they claimef all guns have ballistics.
View Quote

Wait, wait, you're expecting me to believe that people whose only physics education came from crime dramas are now on FB spouting BS?

Well, ok, I believe you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So is he in custody, dead, still at large, or what?
View Quote

Don't know. No updates yet.  I still think he pulled into a field and killed himself somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Shit like this is why I squirrel hunt.

Nobody will shoot you over a squirrel.

Even in town.  Using a pellet rifle.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

see my other post.  

they can confront me, but threatening with a weapon over land, lol.  especially when we were kids..  ol boomers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just to be clear.  You think if the land is not posted, you can ride on it and tear it up?  Then get pissed when the owner confronts you?

Is your front yard Posted?  Asking for a friend.

see my other post.  

they can confront me, but threatening with a weapon over land, lol.  especially when we were kids..  ol boomers

So - to confirm. You went around tearing up land you didn't own, and then are standing on technicality that noone can do anything because it wasn't posted.

1) You're the kind of asshole that every landowner hates. I'm a millennial with some acreage - I'd confront you with a firearm for not only trespassing, but destroying my property.

2) You're lucky some landowner didn't bury you on his land. Your "not posted" argument wouldn't matter much then.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tool marks on the firing pin, bolt face, and chamber can transfer to a fired shell.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So - to confirm. You went around tearing up land you didn't own, and then are standing on technicality that noone can do anything because it wasn't posted.

1) You're the kind of asshole that every landowner hates. I'm a millennial with some acreage - I'd confront you with a firearm for not only trespassing, but destroying my property.

2) You're lucky some landowner didn't bury you on his land. Your "not posted" argument wouldn't matter much then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just to be clear.  You think if the land is not posted, you can ride on it and tear it up?  Then get pissed when the owner confronts you?

see my other post.  

Is the only place appropriate to tear around on land one owns?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

People that go directly to aggressive confrontation deserve what they have coming to them...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Duck around and find out!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Millenial's vs Boomer

Duck around and find out!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

People that go directly to aggressive confrontation deserve what they have coming to them...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People that destroy other people's property deserve what's coming to them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

see my other post.  

That, private land you have permission to be on, or public land.

But the responsibility to know who's property you are on, regardless of postings, lies with the person riding around. It's not the landowner's job.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Word is that Vowell was waiting in the blind for them. Shot them as they entered.

I've heard that the deceased had a third guy with them who managed to drag them into a boat and get them to shore.  Vowell took off in a Dodge truck.  Lots of stories floating around...its a rural area after all.
View Quote

Any details about the truck ?

Here in my neighborhood (Dawsonville GA) there's been a suspicious gray dodge pickup parked in my cul-de-sac.
Two nights in a row now. Guy pulls up and parks at 9pm. Never gets out of the truck. He's in front of my place now.
Last night he slept in the truck and left at 7am this morning.
Returned tonight again at 9pm.

I called local LE but they only did a drive by and left
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Here in my neighborhood (Dawsonville GA) there's been a suspicious gray dodge pickup parked in my cul-de-sac.
Two nights in a row now. Guy pulls up and parks at 9pm. Never gets out of the truck. He's in front of my place now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word is that Vowell was waiting in the blind for them. Shot them as they entered.

I've heard that the deceased had a third guy with them who managed to drag them into a boat and get them to shore.  Vowell took off in a Dodge truck.  Lots of stories floating around...its a rural area after all.

Does it have TN plates?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That, private land you have permission to be on, or public land.

But the responsibility to know who's property you are on, regardless of postings, lies with the person riding around. It's not the landowner's job.
View Quote

Are you sure? Most states put the responsibility on the landowner for fencing and posting property.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top