User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:06:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Guess I'll be buying some more "clean energy" ETFs
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
He also plans to run a "cash for Clunkers" scheme for electric vehicles.  For the government and clunker vehicles it will be the big 3, and specifically GM and Damiler Chrysler, as they took government bailout money in 2009.  Ford will get some because of UAW, but not as much.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wasn't there an assload recently discovered in Wyoming?
View Quote

Odds of them being allowed to mine it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
If there was, do you believe it would ever be extracted under the Party & State?

Just the Environmental Impact Statement for the initial denial would take centuries.

And it would be on Holy Indigenous People's Land, &c.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Actually chillie has 8 has the most lithium by far, china's not even top 5.
View Quote

BS, Australia #1 (bet china owns most of them), Chile then China.  

By reserves, China #4.

Dems still paying for shit posting?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:18:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That’s a lot of acid
View Quote

I love a double entendre.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#7]
How will that cost the tax payers?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Taxed from twatter
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#9]
mandating army tanks are E powered.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#10]
This place is looking more and more like East Germany.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#11]
other than Tesla who can do this? The GM, ford EV offerings is trash
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#12]

don't worry they will still shoot your dog
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#13]
At least he's responsible steward with the money taken from our paychecks under penalty of imprisonment.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some government agencies cover a lot of ground. Maybe GSA will have to run a version of the Pony Express. Drive until it’s dead then swap it out for a new one. It’ll only take 2X the amount of vehicles.
View Quote

The government could use helicopters to fly freshly charged cars to wherever the first car ran out of charge.  It would reduce pollution so much we might move the end of the world from 12 years in the future all the way out to 5 years in the future.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Let's see.  I routinely have to drive from my office to one of the site locations a distance of 280 miles one way.  The typical electric vehicle has a charge that might carry it 250 miles.  That leaves me with 30 miles between the end of the charge and my destination, assuming there is a place 30 minutes to an hour from the destination to charge a vehicle, which there isn't on the route we normally taking.  But, we're talking about the Appalachian region here.  E85 (the previous gov't mandated gas) was just about impossible to find in that region.  Now, we will be required to find a charging station?  There is one - an hour's drive from the site location one way.  No thanks.  I'll drive my own vehicle and take the hit rather than risk being stranded in banjo country with no means of charging my vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
other than Tesla who can do this? The GM, ford EV offerings is trash
View Quote

It's going to be GM and Daimler Chrysler.  The ones that accepted the bailout money in 2009, and have strong UAW membership.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Elon Musk is gonna use the funds he makes on this to drop asteroids on Earth from his moon base.
View Quote

Tesla is going to be left out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#19]
He should start with the vehicles in his presidential motorcade...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I know quite a few Forest service guys in R5 who voted for Biden, I hope they get the first version electric fire engine for their commitment to him.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Would make a lot of sense for USPS delivery vehicles
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Something we agree on.

Lots of stop and go driving. Short routes.

I can see the Pro Master vans getting replaced easily with something electric.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#23]
This clown is off the charts stupid.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Repeat of 2008.  I remember Washington DC bought shitloads of Government Motors Volts with Obama bucks.  They're all gone now of course.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Weeeeee!!!

More destruction.

640,000 serviceable vehicles (that we paid for) fed into a shredder and replaced with vehicles (we are also paying for) that are more expensive and have limitations.

I don't have anything against electric vehicles, I think it is an exciting emerging technology. And using them in some applications makes sense.

Normal, rational policy: "Assess use cases, replace as existing gas powered vehicles age out where they are a good fit, auction off old vehicles".

Government policy: "Destroy our entire fleet, replace all with electric, regardless of if it makes sense, is in any way feasible or not".

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Wait my 8 hour commute to various places in a gov won’t work. Hell my commute to anywhere I work in a government vehicle won’t work as a result of this. Are they going to pay overtime for the hour I sit waiting for a charge(assuming rural gas station has a charger?)
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Weeeeee!!!

More destruction.

640,000 serviceable vehicles (that we paid for) fed into a shredder and replaced with vehicles (we are also paying for) that are more expensive and have limitations.

I don't have anything against electric vehicles, I think it is an exciting emerging technology. And using them in some applications makes sense.

Normal, rational policy: "Assess use cases, replace as existing gas powered vehicles age out where they are a good fit, auction off old vehicles".

Government policy: "Destroy our entire fleet, replace all with electric, regardless of if it makes sense, is in any way feasible or not".

View Quote

You see.......you have a functioning brain........sadly, the moron in charges does not.

I am serious, he really does NOT have a functioning brain.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#28]
It's not just Lithium; cobalt is an essential component in a Lithium Ion battery and is in short supply.  As you try to replace internal combustion engines with electric motors you place further stress on the cobalt shortage driving up the cost for both cobalt and batteries.  Until there is a new battery technology without a raw material problem the push for electric cars represents an existential threat to the middle class.  Make car ownership cost prohibitive and you eliminate the mobility necessary for many people to find work.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's not just Lithium; cobalt is an essential component in a Lithium Ion battery and is in short supply.  As you try to replace internal combustion engines with electric motors you place further stress on the cobalt shortage driving up the cost for both cobalt and batteries.  Until there is a new battery technology without a raw material problem the push for electric cars represents an existential threat to the middle class.  Make car ownership cost prohibitive and you eliminate the mobility necessary for many people to find work.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Interdasting, didn't chile just go full commie?
View Quote

Unless I missed it they are considered one for the most free economies in the world. Also pro firearms too iirc. Weird article I recall had kids(10-14) playing with colt single actions.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

next gen Tesla batteries have 0 cobalt
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's an energy lease. those are no-go from Biden.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I hope he starts with the presidential limo and all vehicles in the motorcade.  Cant think of a more waste of fuel and carbon emitting machines than those.

Come on xiden, set the example you the leader now.
View Quote

Excellent point.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

How will this impact Nickel reserves and mining activities?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Something we agree on.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something we agree on.

Regenerative braking alone would likely pay for the vehicles within five years. Plus, no one takes their vehicles home, so they recharge over night.

You still might need gas for more rural routes, but in the city a suburbs, EV would be a no brainer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Biden can't build that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#38]
How much nut coal burned to generate the electricity for those cars?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#40]
We’re gonna need more lithium. Money printer go brrrr or maybe we can trade China weapons for it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what scares me. Trying EVs, seeing whether they are ready for primetime use, is one thing. But the government way - investing whole-hog and destroying the existing resources - is retarded. But I repeat myself.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We’re gonna need more lithium. Money printer go brrrr or maybe we can trade China weapons for it.
View Quote

China will send us Lots of Lithium with Hydrogen mixed in after their Stooge Pizzes them off.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

I grew up in the 60's and 70's....nothing but a pile of steaming hippie nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

don't worry they will still shoot TAZE your dog
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

don't worry they will still shoot TAZE your dog

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"Net zero of energy"

These idiots actually believe this shit!?!
View Quote

oh yes they do.  absolutely and completely

once you realize it's a religion and not logic it all makes a lot more sense

and there's only one way to win a religious war.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#46]
The Xiden has to demonstrate who his new butt buddy is. ??
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#47]
The Idiot Joe strikes again!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

And when will this battery be commercially feasible?  No time estimate given...

There is also a graphene battery technology that looks promising but it is at least a decade away from being economically feasible.  Electric cars don't run on a promised technology.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And when will this battery be commercially feasible?  No time estimate given...

There is also a graphene battery technology that looks promising but it is at least a decade away from being economically feasible.  Electric cars don't run on a promised technology.
View Quote

Electric cars run on nasty batteries that will eventually become an ecological nightmare when they need to be disposed of!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Which one of his kickback friends is getting that contract?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top