User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:57:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Chicken of the Trees Tacos!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:01:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Where can I get that AR style BB rifle shooting burst strings of full auto?

Disregard. They mentioned it in the video.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:02:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Who gives a fuck about the meat.   If you think you need to kill them, kill them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:06:02 AM EDT
[#4]
OP, see if a local food cart wants them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:17:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Get some radioactive material and use it to convert them all into kaiju.  Then turn them loose on leftist controlled population centers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:21:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
save them for SHTF
but test a few recipes before then
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:54:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Are they eating the bird eggs in your area?  If so, it’s not a bad idea to take a few. Or take em all let the BBQ sort em out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hear they bbq them, in Tijuana -I heard this on the radio
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I think they are cool and would keep them around.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Short answer, yes.   Kill all you can.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd be wasting them wholesale.

A quality .22cal air rifle and they would think it was End of Days.

Will your town or community allow you to shoot an air rifle inside the city limits?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Teddy Roosevelt once had a squirrel problem on his property. To solve it he ordered a Winchester 30-30 with a silencer. True story.

Op you know what you have to do.
View Quote
If you go take the tour of Teddy's house on Long Island you can see where he used to shoot out of the window in a second story office. It has marks on the wall from brass hitting the wall. I have seen those marks before
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We'll get you started.

Iguana Recipe
View Quote

Thank goodness somebody finally posted a recipe. I was beginning to lose faith in GD.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Seasoned right, iguana isn't bad.ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

View Quote

Fuck eating them, kill them all and feed them toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Congress
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Forty years ago a dozen twelve year olds with pellet guns would have made them a rarity.
View Quote

Shiiit, make an open invite to Arfcommers and we'd clear 'em out in 87 minutes.

I for one would love an "Iguana Safari".
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You’re wrong there ace.

I once watched an alpha iguana and muscovy duck go face to face over the duck’s eggs.

The iguana won and ate the eggs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup or kiss all your birds goodbye cause they'll eat every egg there

Iguanas are vegetarians. They won’t be eating any eggs.

You’re wrong there ace.

I once watched an alpha iguana and muscovy duck go face to face over the duck’s eggs.

The iguana won and ate the eggs.

Damn. Not sure who to root for there.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#17]
As far as what to do with all these soon to be dead Iguanas on your property, I will refer you to the sage advice from Mr. Josey Wales:

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I live in South FL on a large property with a massive tree overlooking a lake. The tree is home to lots of native blue herons and other birds. I've noticed in the last few years Iguanas are living in the tree and falling down into the lake on a daily basis. I am very concerned they are damaging the nesting areas and messing with the native birds. Should I start killing them? I feel bad killing anything without utilizing the meat, but these are invasive and I know for a fact rare native birds nest in that tree. Thoughts?
View Quote

you can eat them, I hear they tate like chicken
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#19]
kill it and grill it or offer the chance to us I'll fly right down
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Where can I get that AR style BB rifle shooting burst strings of full auto?

Disregard. They mentioned it in the video.
View Quote

I'm trying to figure out how he switched it to bulk CO2. Looks like someone makes an adapter for the pistol magazine type cartridge, but the dpms dual cartridge setup is confusing. Think I'm gonna buy one and figure it out. I've got a few CO2 tanks and like sitting on the patio shooting shit...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Let it go. The giant Boa constrictor's will take care of the problem for you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#22]
The killing of invasive species in this country needs to start & not end until all invasive species are dead.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I was working a job down in Hollywood (FL) on a lake where there were iguanas everywhere.  The crew (mostly from El Salvador) caught four or five over lunch and locked them up in the trunks of their cars.  Gonna take them home for dinner.  Said Bar-B-Queing them is best.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think they are cool and would keep them around.
View Quote

Fuck that.

It’s damn near impossible to find a native lizard in South Florida.

Iguanas, Jesus Lizards, Curly Tails, African Agama, Brown Anoles, Tegu, Cuban Night Anoles....

All non native pieces of shit and we’re infested with them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Grew up mostly seeing Brown Anoles in the 70s, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. Curly tails have damn near eradicated them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Grew up mostly seeing Brown Anoles in the 70s, so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. Curly tails have damn near eradicated them.
View Quote

Being an 80’s kid the brown anoles don’t bother me as much either. It wasn’t until recently that I learned they were invasive.

When I was a kid someone told me the Haitians brought the curly tails up (they didn’t) and I’ve hated them ever since.

To me the Red Headed Agamas are the creepiest. For some reason they *seem* more intelligent, like they’re always sizing you up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love the little buggers , they have an endless appetite for bugs and they are very argumentative with each other and love to fight.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Those Nile Monitors y'all got are eating cats and puppies don't know why those don't have bounties on their heads too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Sounds like you might have a business opportunity. See if you can sell them to pet/reptile shops up north. Iguanas are popular pets. You can fix your problem and make money doing it.
Is there a special license required to sell reptiles?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Those Nile Monitors y'all got are eating cats and puppies don't know why those don't have bounties on their heads too.
View Quote

I had Nile monitors- they were mean as hell, and no amount of hand training ever seemed to make a difference.  The day the last one died was probably a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Shishkabob and tacos are the preferred method of disposal
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The killing of invasive species in this country needs to start & not end until all invasive species are dead.
View Quote

I like axis deer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Pet cat, bobcat.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sounds like you might have a business opportunity. See if you can sell them to pet/reptile shops up north. Iguanas are popular pets. You can fix your problem and make money doing it.
Is there a special license required to sell reptiles?
View Quote

Interstate commerce of captured invasive species sounds like lots of permits would be needed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Apparently, Florida encourages residents to dispatch iguanas that are found on their property....

Have at it.

Also...Where in SoFl?

I can come over and help dispatch.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Iguanas are cooler than birds.  Don’t be a dick.
View Quote

Come catch as many as you want to take home with you!

Have at it!

No limit!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'd be wasting them wholesale.

A quality .22cal air rifle and they would think it was End of Days.

Will your town or community allow you to shoot an air rifle inside the city limits?
View Quote

Subsonic .22LR out of a Ruger Precision Rimfire through a Dead Air Mask says no one is gonna hear a thing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#39]
My dog occupied herself for hours barking up at them in the palm trees. She never did get one.
YET!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Watch the Deermeatfordinner guy on Youtube. He slays them with an air rifle, skins, cleans & cooks 'em. The FWC is wanting their wholesale slaughter.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I once fell into a random rabbit hole of watching videos on youtube of a dude with some kind of crazy high powered air rifle shoot iguanas out of tree like a sniper for like 5 hours.
View Quote
Fuck. I'm not going to be able to resist that hole.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys need to catch her vid's on YT' she hunts them with a bow. "Darcizzle offshore" you can thank me later.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You guys need to catch her vid's on YT' she hunts them with a bow. "Darcizzle offshore" you can thank me later.
View Quote
I'll thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I learned today that lion fish are an invasive species in FL. Seems like everything is an invasive species there including New Yorkers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Seasoned right, iguana isn't bad.

View Quote

Nevermind....

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Man, you could hunt iguanas all day, every day and never not have a target. Put a buck a head on those and see how many come in. That might put a dent in the population.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#48]
I watched a YouTube were a guy would drift the canals with a blow gun that had barbed darts and fish line.  He would shoot them and pull them in and club them.  He was crazy accurate with that blowgun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We can kill them as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can kill them as well.

Niles are fairly cold-tolerant and have spread into south Georgia.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd go iguana hunting in a second if they were around here.  Consider yourself lucky.

Anything is tasty as a jerky with the right marinade.  I've jerkey'ed liver and been happy with a soy sauce, maple syrup, Worchester, etc. marinade.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top