Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm currently doing an unarmed Level 1 Khajiit.  I've not talked to Jarl Balgruuf yet, so I'm not dealing with dragons.  But I have completed the Companions and Thieves Guild quest lines, so I'm sitting on a shit ton of gold and have pretty good gear.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm currently doing an unarmed Level 1 Khajiit.  I've not talked to Jarl Balgruuf yet, so I'm not dealing with dragons.  But I have completed the Companions and Thieves Guild quest lines, so I'm sitting on a shit ton of gold and have pretty good gear.
View Quote

damn, i shouldve done that because those fuckers are smoking my ass.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:13:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I played that game a ton but never finished it.  I would always get sidetracked with quests and dungeon diving that I would forget about the main quest.

My last play through I installed mods to make the game more like a survival game.  Climate affected your character, you had to eat more often, and you could make a campsite so you could sleep at night.  I was playing a ranger-type character.  Light armor, bow, dual short swords, with some magic.

Definitely a fun game!
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I played through the main game once, been meaning to go back and do the expansions for a while.  Can't decide if I want to do it with my original character or start a new one.  I'm a completionist, so I don't do "builds".  I level EVERYTHING up, and did almost all the major arcs that I could figure out how to go through "morally".  I like playing the good guy.  As close to what I would do for real as possible.  Skipped the civil war because both sides suck.  Accidentally started the assassin's guild thing by killing the awful orphanage bitch and had to execute the dude to get out of that house (if there was another way out I couldn't figure it out) but went no further.  Couldn't figure out how to destroy the guild from there, if that was possible.  Also wanted to destroy the thieves guild, couldn't figure that out either so they got largely skipped.

I chose kajit because without knowing anything, the claws and night vision sounded cool.  I'd probably make one of whatever race is the magic-resistant one, because the thing that pissed me off the most was how easily magic killed you (despite sucking major balls when YOU use it).

The last thing I was doing before I stopped playing was trying to find all those mask things.  I'm super curious what happens when you get them all in place at that ruin (don't fucking tell me).  Also exploring the massive underground dwarf ruins.  It really seems like some really cool or important shit should be down there and I was determined to find the "secret" of the place, but I'm pretty sure I thoroughly covered the entire place and found nothing more noteworthy than the different colored plants.  And of course a lot of dwarf gear, but no great secrets or lore.

Never did any mods except the high res pack (not really a mod) and the unofficial fix patches.  I wanted to, but the one or two times I tried to get into it, it was just too difficult to sort out the good ones from the massive piles of shit.  I also didn't want any that would change the original experience, just "fix" things or add minor new quality-of-life improvements.  

At this point, I'll go back to it when I get a VR setup.  I'm guessing that will require starting over.  Probably would want to at this point anyway.  I played a few minutes on a buddy's system, but for some reason the sound wasn't working, and I had to just start out at the beginning instead of really getting to try out gameplay.  Had to do that weird teleport-move thing, please tell me you can set it to move with the controller joystick like a fucking normal game?
View Quote

@Klaustrophobia

Yes you can move in the game with the joystick like in a normal game.

There are also about 12-15 VR specific mods that really need to be installed if you want to actually have a VR game and not some shitty bethesda port, along with dozens of .ini settings you need to adjust so things like swinging you sword requires more than just sticking your hand out and flapping it around to do damage.

If you don't want to fuck with all that there is a wabbajack VR mod list with I believe about 400 mods on it that will basically make it 2021 full fledged VR game comparable to Half Life Alyx.

I've got about 300 hours into my current game, and I still have most of the original story content to do.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#6]

You win!
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]

I'm dead! ??
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:37:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Heck, I’m still playing Morrowind.

Salt Strider fast travel, very little handholding, levitation, gods, just.....amazing.
View Quote

Wanting to go back and play Morrowind and Oblivion (I don't think I could stomach the older ones), and also the Witcher series is one reason I haven't gone back in for another Skyrim playthrough.  Skyrim was quite literally my first 'hard' RPG (not counting stuff like Zelda).
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 2:59:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Finally got a chance to play more tonight, apparently still level 31, .

I paid $25 to the local print shop and put a 2' x 3' map under glass, then hung it on my wall, just so I can find my way around...

Map isn't very to scale and is missing some locations, but it's better than being blond.

Er... um, I mean a red head.

No wait, I ment blind.

It's so big.

Srsly, it feels like NES Legend of Zelda x infinity, +1

Tonight I killed a new dragon and found a new power word, but tonight it wasn't doing the whole "music and trance" thing it usually does for that stuff.

IDK WTF is wrong. I liked the song and trance.

huh! ha! huh! ha!

Not tonight though...

Did I accidentally change my settings?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:03:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

How'd you get past that butcher guy as a level one? And the guild master? I only beat them when I send dremora lords after them and hide.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went from Fallout4 to Skyrim, so the urge at first to grab every single item you see was almost overwhelming.  It took me a few hours to realize most of this stuff is just for looks.  Fallout 4 let you craft with all that junk, but Skyrim doesn't.  Also took a while to gain a sense of what items are rare, so hoard them, and what are so common that you can use them at will, like certain ingredients for alchemy.

I just got the "Craft Orcish Armor" perk, so I've spent the last few hours mining Orichalcum, buying it where I can find it, and improving my Orc armor.  Then I had to up my Smithing so I could get it all improved to Legendary, so I spent a while gathering iron ore, transmuting it to gold, and crafting tons of gemstone jewelry.  Now I got a pretty sweet set of Orcish armor, and some good weapons (Dragonbane, Dawnguard, enchanted Ebony axe and bow), so I'll get back to questing.
View Quote

If you farm Blacksmithing, well when i do it, I usually jump pretty quickly from Dwarven to Ebony, and then to Daedric. And try to couple that with enchanting. The muffle enchantment is awesome because you can use any soul gem (least powerfu/cheapest as possible) and it always has the same effect. So you just muffle anything and the value jumps a ton, using a small soul gem.

But my point is, you probably know that increases in smithing is dependent on the value of of what you produce, so jewelry...but also I just go around from smith to smith and clear them out of all their ingots. Then get to smithing shit, enchant them, then make a ton of profit. You make money, increase enchanting and smithing at the same time. And take advantage of the warrior stone, to quicken your smithing and heavy armor skills.

I just bring this up because I never messed with smithing, enchanting, alchemy. But those are the three most important skill trees in the game. You start selling all your stuff for ungodly amounts of money, and your hyper enchanted weapons and armor makes you untouchable.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:23:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I thought the only reason people still play skyrim anymore is Lovers lab?
View Quote

No joy in getting pegged.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:34:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Am I the only one who uses a follower just because going into the dwemer ruins/burrows alone creeps me out?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah. Started a new playthrough recently. The game is still amazing and the graphics are still good with mods on PC.

What's everybody's favorite mods? I'll have to look at mine tomorrow. amidianborn's (sp?) armor textures are second to none.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who uses a follower just because going into the dwemer ruins/burrows alone creeps me out?
View Quote

Sofia is always fun to have around
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I wanted to try it for so long but never got to it.

One day maybe
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How'd you get past that butcher guy as a level one? And the guild master? I only beat them when I send dremora lords after them and hide.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what butcher guy you mean.

For guild master, do you mean the fight with Mercer Frey in the room that floods?  I have Gloves of the Pugilist, which do a +10 damage to unarmed strikes.  An unarmed Khajiit already gets a base of 22 damage, so I punch harder than any weapon in the game.  I just stood there, let Frey come to me, and started my wind-up just as he was entering range.  After one or two punches, he would teleport away and I'd just wait there for the next shot.  Repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry no OP .

But I Absolutely do still play it’s Counter Part .

FallOut 3 . Most awesome game ever . I just did the Riley’s Rangers quest again for like the 10 time .

Wasted hours there .
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not sure what butcher guy you mean.

For guild master, do you mean the fight with Mercer Frey in the room that floods?  I have Gloves of the Pugilist, which do a +10 damage to unarmed strikes.  An unarmed Khajiit already gets a base of 22 damage, so I punch harder than any weapon in the game.  I just stood there, let Frey come to me, and started my wind-up just as he was entering range.  After one or two punches, he would teleport away and I'd just wait there for the next shot.  Repeat as needed.
View Quote

Ahh i was way off, Krev "the Skinner". He was a Silver Hand boss. I remember he just kept killing me and Aela i think, I got so frustrated with it I didn't go back till I had archery maxed.

So in the lvl1 strategy, you're able to stay competitive because enemies are leveled also?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ahh i was way off, Krev "the Skinner". He was a Silver Hand boss. I remember he just kept killing me and Aela i think, I got so frustrated with it I didn't go back till I had archery maxed.

So in the lvl1 strategy, you're able to stay competitive because enemies are leveled also?
View Quote

Oh, yeah, that guy sucked.  I just checked and one online wiki says his minimum level is 6.  I think it took me two or three tries on him.  My finally strategy was to first kill all the adds so Aela and I could fight him alone.  Then I'd kite him around the room, keeping a pillar between us, while Aela shot arrows at him.  If he turned to her, I'd punch him in the back, and we'd start the dance all over.

At Level 1, my basic strategy is ambush punches to the back of the head, for the X2 damage bonus.  Face to face fights are bearable with a few potions.

The only guy to give me trouble so far was one one of those dragon priests at an outdoor word wall (Krosis).  He would just float away while casting fireballs at me.  I finally broke down and hired a magic caster follower from Riften.  Marcurio's spells must drain magicka, because eventually Krosis stopped casting, so I ran in and beat him to death.  I went after Krosis to learn Throw Voice, but I forgot I can't use it since I have no dragon souls to unlock it.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#21]
danm spiders, so tricky to sneak around even at high levels
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:56:23 PM EDT
[#22]
This thread got me to start a mage in Skyrim VR. I always did the sneak/bow type in the pancake version.  Installing the Ultimate VR mod list was a nightmare, but it's done now and it works pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:54:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Is it worth it to buy Skyrim again for Switch?  Do the motion controls actually add much over PC play?  I'm thinking not enough to be worth forking over WAY more than I paid originally (steam sale for $7), especially since I plan to eventually get a VR setup and play it on that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:01:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is it worth it to buy Skyrim again for Switch?  Do the motion controls actually add much over PC play?  I'm thinking not enough to be worth forking over WAY more than I paid originally (steam sale for $7), especially since I plan to eventually get a VR setup and play it on that.
View Quote

i could not say, only ever had PC
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:13:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had skyrim for Xbox 360 when it first came out.  Never finished it because job and kids.  Bought it like 6 years later for Switch and finally played it to the end.  It's worth it for me just for the convenience.  And you can always sell the cartridge when you are tired of it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:13:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Finally got a chance to play more tonight, apparently still level 31, .

I paid $25 to the local print shop and put a 2' x 3' map under glass, then hung it on my wall, just so I can find my way around...

Map isn't very to scale and is missing some locations, but it's better than being blond.

Er... um, I mean a red head.

No wait, I ment blind.

It's so big.

Srsly, it feels like NES Legend of Zelda x infinity, +1

Tonight I killed a new dragon and found a new power word, but tonight it wasn't doing the whole "music and trance" thing it usually does for that stuff.

IDK WTF is wrong. I liked the song and trance.

huh! ha! huh! ha!

Not tonight though...

Did I accidentally change my settings?
View Quote

@CherokeeRose

If you're playing on PC and wanna have some of that Zelda feeling check this mod out.  

Zelda in Skyrim
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:24:20 AM EDT
[#27]
flying bucket around 3:40 ... i laugh every time

How to Beat the College of Winterhold without Magic

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:31:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

@ CherokeeRose

If you're playing on PC and wanna have some of that Zelda feeling check this mod out.  

Zelda in Skyrim
View Quote

Oh good lord...

I should have guessed someone would make a Zelda version, I mean they have Tomas the Train... and B&D-S&M, why not Zelda?

I just want to play through at least one time before mod-ing.

I went and Mod'd Mechwarrior5, so I have an account with Nexus already.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:45:52 AM EDT
[#29]
I got a spellsword build going right now.  I dont get to olay it much because the kiddos dominate the console. But i get some late night action in.

I have found over the many play throughs magic is a lot more fun now that the standard tank slash and bash one handed. What a great game.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:49:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84PuKDVb4WY
View Quote

epic!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:13:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Almost 2000?!?!

I just started filling up my book shelves, I figure some day I'll read some of it, but just browsing a few of them in game it is quite amazing the amount of work it must have taken.

There are literally books laying around everywhere.
View Quote

The Lusty Argonian Maid is a classic.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84PuKDVb4WY
View Quote

I think the outside exit from Midden may be another way into Winterhold.  I verified I can jump up the cliff to get inside, but didn't go all the way up to the college.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just fired it up for the first time in 3 years. Downloading so many mods, I think I just bricked my Xbone.
View Quote

You can play modded versions on XBONE?!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I need to dive back in.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#35]
now trying to find the best Husband in skyrim for my Khajiit

any ideas?

also how is the kitchen for the heartfire manor? i have actually never built it before.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Indeed. Morrowind was the best. I cut my teeth on TES in 2007ish on Morrowind. Still play it heavily modded on PC.
View Quote
My first experience was Daggerfall. Hooked ever since.

Daggerfall....was.....interesting. Definitely a hell of a game but it had some issues (What Bethesda game doesnt)
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
now trying to find the best Husband in skyrim for my Khajiit
View Quote

Don't count out the females.  Mara welcomes all relationships.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You can play modded versions on XBONE?!!
View Quote

YUP !
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Great game! On my second play through on Xbox One. Played Oblivion and Skyrim years ago on PS3. Amazing how many side quests and obscure mission there are, just getting into some of the mods too.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I got ran over on my motorcycle in 07.
nursing home for 2 yrs...when I came home oblivion hand was bought. The music and running through the countryside gave me so much peace.
 Played till it wouldn't play ie. "Fire frozen in air"
Got skrym. Played it until it wouldn't play.
Finally I was walking and had some thing that resembles a life.
 Shoot competitive bench rest & bass fishing. I watch allot of tv.
 Might have to replay some ps3 stuff ...
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#41]
My wife is not a gamer, but I bought her Skyrim for the XBox.  She's been playing three weeks and still doesn't remember which button does what.

This evening, she went into Thalmor Embassy and only had her bow smuggled in.  Her bow...  And she doesn't have a previous save.

OMFG.  Kill me now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Told Karlia to get fucked im not selling my soul to some deadra.

So theifs guild is left forever unfinished.

Still have not killed any person yet either, not even by accident, woot
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:45:59 PM EDT
[#44]
So, what's the best version to run?

LE or SE?

Can you actually get SE from somewhere not on steam legally?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:14:30 PM EDT
[#46]
i hate the becon

WARNING vid gets loud

A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Told Karlia to get fucked im not selling my soul to some deadra.

So theifs guild is left forever unfinished.

Still have not killed any person yet either, not even by accident, woot
View Quote

Mjoll would never forgive me if I joined up with thieves. I'd say go for the Dark Brotherhood and get that bitchin horse but I don't think they take conscientious objectors.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:38:31 AM EDT
[#48]
breton lvl 69

At this point I'm just trying to finish all the quests.

Hung it up for a year or two, just got back into it a couple of months ago.

Never got into the magic part much (rather ironic given my race choice), I like conjuration if for nothing other than pissing people off with a dremora lord or arniel's shade. Occasional close wounds.

Had rayya for the longest time (hottest chick in the game IMO) but she starting fighting Serana when I opened her tomb so I had to let her go back home to lakeview

Have dawnguard (part of the way through) and dark brotherhood left.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
breton lvl 69

At this point I'm just trying to finish all the quests.

Hung it up for a year or two, just got back into it a couple of months ago.

Never got into the magic part much (rather ironic given my race choice), I like conjuration if for nothing other than pissing people off with a dremora lord or arniel's shade. Occasional close wounds.

Had rayya for the longest time (hottest chick in the game IMO) but she starting fighting Serana when I opened her tomb so I had to let her go back home to lakeview

Have dawnguard (part of the way through) and dark brotherhood left.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/51aa092631e23fcfe43b4721a75728bd/tumblr_oa40nfdJIJ1uz9bd1o6_1280.jpg
View Quote

i'll be in my bunk.

What armor is she wearing there? Orcish? The green accents are dope. ES Wiki says she wears Heavy Armor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#50]
selling to vendors in Skyrim
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top