User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:15:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Would that include here?  I've been following that HAM licensing thread and recommendations about Bao Feng radios.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They use ad tracking from other websites you visit.  So if you viewed another website related to radios, it was able to see this ad cookie thus start serving you their own related ads.

Would that include here?  I've been following that HAM licensing thread and recommendations about Bao Feng radios.

This is amazon
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck Amazon. I wouldn't spend a dime with that dickhead misfit freak. And fuck dorsey and suckerberg with bleeding ass tumors.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I have one of those CB radios you can plug into your cigarette lighter and put the antenna on the roof of your car, so the shortwave would be more for listening to what's out there
View Quote

@Cyclone

Check out the Tecsun PL-660. It's a receiver only, but it's also 1/6 the price of a decent SW radio. It might do everything you need without breaking the bank.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:52:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They use ad tracking from other websites you visit.  So if you viewed another website related to radios, it was able to see this ad cookie thus start serving you their own related ads.
View Quote

You may get ads simply by association with some other dude you come into contact with - in person or electronically - and shit they look at or talk about.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:57:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fuck Amazon
View Quote

Yep.  I've never spent a cent there.  I do have Prime on my Roku, a friend's account.  I wouldn't pay for that myself, if he kills it I won't miss it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They are listening all the time and are monitoring everything on you devices.

Similar shit has happened to me.

Fun exercise.

Get together with family or friends.

Put all your phones in the middle of the table.

Then have and adlib conversation about whatever one product you all choose.
Something that no one in the group would have and interest or reason to search. Say Solvent Traps.
Then watch what pops up on everyone's feeds.
View Quote

Or just run ad and tracking blockers like a normal human and never worry about any of that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They are listening all the time and are monitoring everything on you devices.

Similar shit has happened to me.

Fun exercise.

Get together with family or friends.

Put all your phones in the middle of the table.

Then have and adlib conversation about whatever one product you all choose.
Something that no one in the group would have and interest or reason to search. Say Solvent Traps.
Then watch what pops up on everyone's feeds.
View Quote

The other day a neighbor was over and we were talking about our pups going into heat soon and getting doggie diapers.

A few days later I started seeing ads for those pop up.  I never looked them up on google or anything.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is this some kind of Charlotte's Web Reference?

Wilbur?
View Quote

Remember the pig video scene from “The Gentleman”. I’m going with that!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:33:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Just wait until someone,  on your contacts list,  starts looking online at blowup dolls........ "how da hell did this cht get on my/kids phone"
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:37:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@Cyclone

Check out the Tecsun PL-660. It's a receiver only, but it's also 1/6 the price of a decent SW radio. It might do everything you need without breaking the bank.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one of those CB radios you can plug into your cigarette lighter and put the antenna on the roof of your car, so the shortwave would be more for listening to what's out there

@Cyclone

Thanks for the suggestion........ I will look into it. I had looked at the Tecsun PL-330 with the t shaped antenna
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep.  I've never spent a cent there.  I do have Prime on my Roku, a friend's account.  I wouldn't pay for that myself, if he kills it I won't miss it.
View Quote

Wow, I don't think I've ever met anyone who hasn't used Amazon!
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok, to cut a long joke short - A guy is out in the country and runs across a redneck with a three legged pig.  He asks, "What's the deal with the pig?"

The redneck says, "Well, this here's a special pig.  One night the shack caught fire and the pig dragged us all to safety."

"That's amazing, did he lose his leg in the fire?"

"No."

"Then why's he only got three legs?"

"Well, special pig like this you don't eat him all at once..."

The point being you don't quit Amazon all at once.  

Maybe this was the wrong analogy?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Those are the fbi specials
View Quote

Or have Chinese tracking software.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top