BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It absolutely blows my mind hearing and reading people say things like “we’ll vote them out come 2022.”

LOL, uh no you will not.

If you lived up until this very day and have not realized the following as the truth, you are a moron.

1. There are only a couple of Republicans and Democrats. The rest are the single Government Party.
2. Elections are rigged, bought and paid for. You saw it happen in real time and every single check and balance that should have stopped it turned it’s head to the crime.
3. If you don’t know what 5th Generation Warfare is, you better start learning.
View Quote

The fact that most people are stupid enough to not have figured out the above is why democracy doesn't work.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My boy didn’t lose.

The democrats cheated and the courts turned a blind eye to it and to the violation of the constitution.

We no longer have fair elections nor do we have a constitution. No constitution, no fair courts, no laws.

This isn’t America anymore. It’s a post-American state, reminiscent of a banana republic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First off, anyone who says 'America isn't a Democracy, it's a Republic' is a liar and a fool. The President isn't chosen by the percentage of the popular vote, but that's about it. In every other way, America is a majority rule nation. So, the "republic" shit is old, tired and worn out. Take that up the road.

This is a question that I think should be discussed. It is the most fundamental question, in many ways. Do you have faith in American "Democracy?"

Do you believe that your voice matters?

Do you believe that we have a government of, by and for The People? And I want to expound on this. If you say that we no longer have a government of, by and for The People, think about this...is it because your boy lost, or do you really think that the government is no longer adherent to The People? If you really believe the Government is no longer Adherent to The People, then please, I would like to know why.

My boy didn’t lose.

The democrats cheated and the courts turned a blind eye to it and to the violation of the constitution.

We no longer have fair elections nor do we have a constitution. No constitution, no fair courts, no laws.

This isn’t America anymore. It’s a post-American state, reminiscent of a banana republic.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:00:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Democracy has one thing going for it: it prevents a single point of failure. An incompetent, malicious or crazy autocrat can't ruin the country by himself if power is dispersed. That doesn't make the system infallible, however.

What we have now is not a democracy but an oligarchy, where power is concentrated inside the administrative state and in corporate bodies that exist just outside the periphery of the government itself.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
First off, anyone who says 'America isn't a Democracy, it's a Republic' is a liar and a fool. The President isn't chosen by the percentage of the popular vote, but that's about it. In every other way, America is a majority rule nation. So, the "republic" shit is old, tired and worn out. Take that up the road.

This is a question that I think should be discussed. It is the most fundamental question, in many ways. Do you have faith in American "Democracy?"

Do you believe that we have a government of, by and for The People? And I want to expound on this. If you say that we no longer have a government of, by and for The People, think about this...is it because your boy lost, or do you really think that the government is no longer adherent to The People? If you really believe the Government is no longer Adherent to The People, then please, I would like to know why.
View Quote

Only if you ignore the Constitution.

We are a representative constitutional republic.

The only part of this that is pure democracy is binding referendums where the majority vote something into law.

Everything else is done through representatives that are voted for.

The reason why the left keeps calling it a democracy is to legitimize mob rule , that is what polls are all about to, if the majority agrees then it must be ok, and to ignore the constitution and the limits it places on govt pricks doing whatever they want to do.

It is amazing to me that minority populations do not support the only document of law that protects them from the majority while they keep voting against the only real recourse against oppression, the second amendment.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]
First, your original premise is completely and utterly wrong.  We NEVER had a "democracy", we ALWAYS had a republic.  We still do have a republic, as long as the Constitution exists.  The fact that we allow our elected officials, our "public servants" to operate outside the bounds of the Constitution is our fault.  The face that we allow "big tech" so much power into our lives is our fault.  The fact that we allow elections fraud is our fault.  The fact that we allow "citizens" to be completely non-productive, and to contribute nothing toward society, while voting themselves riches out of our Treasury is our fault.  The fact that we allow our "public servants" to give our riches away to other countries, spending our children's and grandchildren's futures without getting anything in return is our fault.

Everything for the bad (and for the good) that's happening in America today is our fault.  

I'm not sure when it became too late to correct the course that our elected officials have charted for us, but it obviously IS too late.  The only way forward (as far as I can see) is to let them go ahead with their "great reset", let the country and the economy sink until it finally hits rock bottom, let millions of people starve to death, and hope the survivors can create something good and new out of the ashes of our stripped-bare, ruined hopes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Many people believe the bullshit but we are not a majority rules form of government.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Your democracy killed my republic.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"...and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands..."

In a pure democracy, majority rules.  51% can vote to murder 49% and it's "legal".  In our constitutional republic, there are limits on what voters can do.

But to answer your question, no, I don't trust that our voting system works as intended, and I don't trust that elected officials intend to represent my interests in government.
View Quote

Actually, it isn't 51%, it is 50% plus one vote. Simple majority. Democracy is mob rule, the Republic as founded put a premium on the rights of the individual. Sadly, people seem drawn to be told what to do and being taken care of.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I've actually never had faith in our American Democracy. You think those who are in power will let us put in office anyone but who they want? I never voted in a Presidential election until Trump came along. When he won it was a holy crap moment for me, we actually got a guy in who beat their system. Then the last 4 years and this 2020 election just reaffirmed what I have known to be true all along. Bush sr. Swamp, Clinton swamp, Bush Jr. Swamp, Obama swamp, Romney swamp, Mccain swamp, DOJ swamp,, SCOTUS swamp,, CIA swamp,, FBI swamp. They are all swamp,  just not hiding it as much now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Democracy is mob rule of the majority over the minority. With this past election the entire system has basically been thrown out and votes are now just a formality from this point going foward.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My boy didn’t lose.

View Quote

End of thread.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I answered no and I am now firmly in the camp that democracy or democratic voting is a mistake.  In its current form it's nothing more than a smokescreen to cover the oligarchy that actually controls the country.  Those people who have enough power to shape the opinion of the masses are able to decide who gets elected as politicians.  The politicians are nothing more than proxies for special interests which are dictated by the larger corporations and foreign governments.

Democracy has had a disastrous effect on all Americans.  It has created division and infighting within our communities and even our families.  Instead of being one nation and all of us Americans first, we are divided by identity politics and political ideology.
View Quote

Universal suffrage is a huge mistake.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#13]
The experiment ended in 1865, with the enactment of Federal supremacy at gunpoint.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#14]
A republic is a democracy with extra rules; the essence is the same: legitimacy is derived from processed mass opinion [unlike an organic mandate of heaven, or dictator's acclaim], and the first faction to gain a controlling interest in opinion-manufacturing wins and implements an oligarchy.

Republics tend to be good to the degree they are anti-democratic. Singapore began as a dictatorship in all but name. Venetian rules were sufficiently tangled so as to be a randomized elite draft.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I have more faith in my dog, than in people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice story but Trump didn’t lose and that was the final nail.
View Quote

The end.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#17]
No, but I'm not a particular fan of democracy to start with.

We are ruled by the weak, the inferior, and the shrill. That should have a reduced seat at the table. They should not have power over their superiors.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
John Adams:

Democracy is neccessary for a free society but not sufficient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
John Adams:
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other

Democracy is neccessary for a free society but not sufficient.

Most of the people on Arfcom are not moral and religious.

Look at this thread where people jump in and speculate about the cause of a fallen nation while ignoring the true cause that even one of our founding fathers admitted is the greatest danger to our form of government.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Mob rule never ends well, so no.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Look at this thread where people jump in and speculate about the cause of a fallen nation while ignoring the true cause that even one of our founding fathers admitted is the greatest danger to our form of government.
View Quote
I know, but prophecy has to be fulfilled. The Bible doesn't say Jesus comes back when everyone loves each other, we all are a thousand points of light signing folk songs, or the USA is a shining light on the hill blah blah. It's going to be worse than anyone can imagine world wide but a real shock to people in this country. The way I understand it, the worse it gets, the closer to the second coming we are and nothing we do can stop it. ymmv
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I know, but prophecy has to be fulfilled. The Bible doesn't say Jesus comes back when everyone loves each other, we all are a thousand points of light signing folk songs, or the USA is a shining light on the hill blah blah. It's going to be worse than anyone can imagine world wide but a real shock to people in this country. The way I understand it, the worse it gets, the closer to the second coming we are and nothing we do can stop it. ymmv
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part of me wants to live long enough to experience His return, and the other part desires for believers' work to turn things around in this world before I die.

The bottom line is worrying about the future does no good; He comes when He comes. In the meantime, we have to remain faithful to our Father.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Look at the average American and how they live. You think they can make good decisions when it comes to government. Not to mention the government is not out to help you. Democratic or republican they are out to fuck you and keep power.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#23]
It's dead Jim
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:36:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I have faith in Jesus. I don’t have any faith in man-made institutions. I’m not loosing any sleep over the state of our republic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#25]
For about the past 30-40 years, voters memories seem to get either shorter and shorter, or they just don't give a shit about what is going on by the "elected" representatives.  

Even those "elected" representatives don't appear to have the best interest of the country in mind, rather, they seek to secure various pork barrel projects to enrich either their district, or some special interest person or group.  They fail to keep in mind that it is the American people in general that will end up paying for those pork barrel projects.  

People in large cities like New York, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago will get pork barrel projects, but the people in places like Wyoming, North Dakota, Utah, and so many other states will end up paying for projects that will never benefit them.  

All the pork barrel projects are to benefit the few at the cost to the many, and that is nothing short of selfish.  

I realize I'm not telling people on this site anything new.  And my guess is that voters will continue to have either very short memories, or they just don't give a shit that the "elected" representatives at all levels of both city, county, state and federal government generally don't give a damn what the voters think as long as they get re-elected.   Representatives have deliberately isolated themselves from the common man.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I will tell you the truth about my position.

I no longer believe that we have a government of, by and for The People. I do not feel this way because Trump lost. To be 100% honest, I voted for Trump in 2016 and in 2020, and I feel that Biden's presidency is going to be a disaster. With that said, I did not lose faith in American "Democracy" because Trump lost. I lost faith in American "democracy" many years ago.

Back in 2010, I didn't bother to vote. I sat it out on purpose and I made it known to everyone I could that I was not voting in protest. I have voted in every other election since I turned 18. I voted in Presidential and Midterm elections, except for 2010. I truly believe that Boner and Obama were two sides of the same wooden nickel and I didn't want to have any part of either.

But, as I said, it wasn't Trump losing that made me believe that American "Democracy" is a joke. It was actually a Tea Party representative that I can't even remember. This was a guy who was full of piss and vinegar, got elected in the 2010 election to set things in Washington aright. I can't remember his name. I can't remember where he was from (I think it was the midwest). But, I remember that he spilled The Beans. This was a guy who got about a week's worth of airtime on Right Wing news and radio outlets because he told about what happened at his induction meeting. He said that what happened was all the freshman Republicans were sat down and told what The Score is; if you want to be on a committee, then you need to contribute some big dollars to The Party. It was $150,000 to be on this committee, and $200,000 to be on that committee and if you wanted to really swing your dick, then you needed to contribute $250,000 for the top committees. When he asked how they were supposed to get that kind of jack, the answer was to hold fundraisers with lobbyists.

When I was a kid, my Grandma (who wasn't particularly political) always used to say 'Even if they elect an honest man, they get their hooks in him and make him a dishonest man!' That little representative, from God only knows where, convinced me that Grandma was right.

And that is why I don't believe in American "Democracy."
View Quote

Above is confirmed

I am friends with an ex-congressman and he tells me that's how it works.  He didn't play the game and they got him out.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I recently saw a demonstration that convinced me that a lot of Americans are not ready to let it go just yet.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:53:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are there *really* though? If they passed a law saying all Trump voters shall be shot in the face, do you really trust the court would stop it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"...and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands..."

In a pure democracy, majority rules.  51% can vote to murder 49% and it's "legal".  In our constitutional republic, there are limits on what voters can do.

Are there *really* though? If they passed a law saying all Trump voters shall be shot in the face, do you really trust the court would stop it?

No.  I dont trust the court would stop it.  But I also don't trust the current government was voted in by a majority either.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:07:01 AM EDT
[#29]
I grew up around WWII veterans, they had little or no faith in government, especially large government.

I wanted to believe that government could be good or at least neutral.  Now we all know it isn't.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:11:04 AM EDT
[#30]
LOL
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:34:53 AM EDT
[#31]
One more thing, Republicans and Democrats are just branches of The Political Party.  This is similar to shirts and skins from the same gym class or the Harlem Globe Trotters and the Washington Generals who only play each other.  

Tea Party people and Trump are not part of The Political Party, so they must be crushed and disposed of.  

The Political Party serves those who fund it and that is not the American Citizens.  Members of The Party draw their salaries whether they benefit their constituents or betray them.  But, the money that makes politicians have a very large net worth only comes to them if they do things that benefit those who fund their increasing net worth.  

When Bill Clinton left office Hillary Clinton had a new worth of zero, the Clintons said they were "broke".  Hillary then became a senator and then secretary of state, her combined income from senate, senate pension and secretary of state added up to 2.8 million dollars.  During the same time period her net worth increased from zero dollars to 40 million dollars.  Her expenses during the same time period almost certainly were more than 2.8 million dollars.  Perhaps standard , money laundered, political bribes via speaking fees and book deals amounted to 40 million, oops forgot taxes, 40 million x 1.38 = 55.2 million dollars.  What do you suppose 55.2 million in bribes bought?  Oops, forgot she put US secrets on her personal and easily hackable and was hacked computer.  Hmmm, was she paid in Dollars, Rubbles or the Renminbi?  Or maybe Huma services?  Or, did the 55.2 million dollars come from those who harvest money from the Poverty-Industrial-Political Complex?

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:35:52 AM EDT
[#32]
American or otherwise democracy is always a failure.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:12:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It absolutely blows my mind hearing and reading people say things like “we’ll vote them out come 2022.”

LOL, uh no you will not.

If you lived up until this very day and have not realized the following as the truth, you are a moron.

1. There are only a couple of Republicans and Democrats. The rest are the single Government Party.
2. Elections are rigged, bought and paid for. You saw it happen in real time and every single check and balance that should have stopped it turned it’s head to the crime.
View Quote

How do we fix it?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:18:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Never have. Participated anyway. I no longer plan to participate in it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:23:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How do we fix it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, uh no you will not.

How do we fix it?

Look at history. You can't fucking fix it.

You can go goth or you can submit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:23:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Nope....

IMO democracy is an illusion and now they have no reservations about hiding that anymore...

Also, the three branches of government is also a joke too.

It's the Swamp vs. Citizens, sadly when the Swamp should be at the service of the people who put them there.

I believe money is what drives who does what and private entities are too entangled with .gov

Sad....sad
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't curse at you, BOI.  
I know history. You want rebellion?  Rebellion is here.
Nothing you have said has helped. I asked a question from the adults.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:42:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Not. One. Bit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:58:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
American or otherwise democracy is always a failure.
View Quote

It works for the Swiss.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:18:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
First, your original premise is completely and utterly wrong.  We NEVER had a "democracy", we ALWAYS had a republic.  We still do have a republic, as long as the Constitution exists.  The fact that we allow our elected officials, our "public servants" to operate outside the bounds of the Constitution is our fault.  The face that we allow "big tech" so much power into our lives is our fault.  The fact that we allow elections fraud is our fault.  The fact that we allow "citizens" to be completely non-productive, and to contribute nothing toward society, while voting themselves riches out of our Treasury is our fault.  The fact that we allow our "public servants" to give our riches away to other countries, spending our children's and grandchildren's futures without getting anything in return is our fault.

Everything for the bad (and for the good) that's happening in America today is our fault.  

I'm not sure when it became too late to correct the course that our elected officials have charted for us, but it obviously IS too late.  The only way forward (as far as I can see) is to let them go ahead with their "great reset", let the country and the economy sink until it finally hits rock bottom, let millions of people starve to death, and hope the survivors can create something good and new out of the ashes of our stripped-bare, ruined hopes.
View Quote

This is a load of crap

No one, or few, here voted for or supported the system above and beyond merely existing in it.
It's one of two things, either this stuff is cyclical and nothing but God could stop it
or a severe failure of leadership among "conservative" elites.

If we lost at Lexington and Concord, would it be the fault of the individual solider? Ah! you did not fight hard enough!
Or would it have been the failure of the people who call the shots

This is a rhetorical question

We see the same shit with relations wrt China. Oooooh, it's all normal Americans fault for daring to go to walmart and picking what is on the shelf.

Not our Captains of Industry™. Not our politicians. Not the very structure itself, with shit that pre determined outcomes no one could see, a century ago
They didn't loot and bowdlerize our country, it was someone buying lettuce marked "hecho in Mexico". She's at fault

THEY'RE NOT AT FAULT, LEAVE BIG BIZ AND POLITICIANS ALONE

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:19:12 AM EDT
[#41]
No, but it is not a new phenomenon, either.

We probably started drifting most from our founding principles starting from 1898, and that only accelerated in 1917 (due to WWI) and 1941 (due to WWII, obviously). Then within most of our lifetimes, since 1989 it has been the rise of the national security state and the emergence of the post-industrial (internet) economy.

All of those were critical historical junctures. I am not sure how any people could have done much better given what they knew at the time--at most of those times, the world was a complete shambles, so of course the US was going to become more powerful because we were the only ones left to pick up the pieces.

I have also heard comparisons to the Trust-Busting days of the 1870s, when the railroads and the oil companies were all-powerful, which today is represented by Big Tech.

We need to get a handle on that, and that may require a couple decades and some elected officials from both parties going to jail. If we don't before the next inflection point (a major war or a disruptive technology such as AI, or both), then we are going to be in much worse shape.

Don't give up, we have been in bad situations before. Rise to the occasion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Only if you ignore the Constitution.

We are a representative constitutional republic.

The only part of this that is pure democracy is binding referendums where the majority vote something into law.

Everything else is done through representatives that are voted for.

The reason why the left keeps calling it a democracy is to legitimize mob rule , that is what polls are all about to, if the majority agrees then it must be ok, and to ignore the constitution and the limits it places on govt pricks doing whatever they want to do.

It is amazing to me that minority populations do not support the only document of law that protects them from the majority while they keep voting against the only real recourse against oppression, the second amendment.
View Quote

This is a great point, and OP should take it on board. Conservatives always say "words mean things", and we should absolutely insist on the correct definition of terms. Liberals are always at war with language because they want to control the thoughts and meanings behind words.

It may appear comical when the Libs can't decide whether they are a xe, xim, xer, or whatever-the-fuck, but they aren't just making word soup, they are actively attacking the underlying idea because that makes them the arbiters of reality.

And we shouldn't kow-tow to that shit, because next week when they need an advantage, they'll invent new crises and new words so that they can reassert control. It's a fool's game.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:38:18 AM EDT
[#43]
I don't have faith in it at all. It's rotten and it has been hijacked a long time ago.

One of the side effects of Trump winning in 2016 is that all of the corruption in government rushed out to reveal itself almost immediately afterwards. The media revealed itself as nothing more than Democratic party propagandists, Hollywood entertainers were pushed out in front of cameras to attack Trump and without a doubt some were pressured to by their bosses, the GOP establishment showed that it is a willing accomplice as the Bush family / Romney / McCain joined in with the Democrats and many even bragged about voting for Hillary and later on Joe Biden. The late night talk shows, the Daily Show, the public school system, universities, even police via the police chiefs are fully politicized and corrupt in the major cities.

Our Democracy has been hijacked by rich people behind the scenes who have bought off politicians and they have been doing it for decades now. The media just makes it official as anyone who dares to go against the Democrats will be fully demonized by the press and it won't stop there, they now are going after people's jobs and families on top of it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

So that's it, our options are '1' or '0'?

I disagree. We may have to work harder than we might like, but the only sure way the battleship doesn't turn even 1 degree is if everyone collectively decides to just lay down and die.

The centers of power have reacted so strongly because they are afraid. Politicians and corporate oligarchs are people too--they have wives and kids who want to be accepted by their own families and neighbors.

If just one of them gets told off at a gas station by some poor laid off schlub, because her husband's great idea has eliminated an entire class of jobs, then that pebble of self reflection can have ripples in other places. Even if "the beautiful ones" try to hang out at the top of the Mouse Utopia and groom themselves, there are plenty of regular mice to remind them that they occupy a very fragile place in the world.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:58:40 AM EDT
[#45]
No. The year 2020 was defining. From covid to those "peaceful protests" and especially the blatant election fraud we underestimated Deep State, The Swamp...whatever.

If you think voting actually works anymore you're a fool.

Once they've accomplished their current goals they might grant a token RINO here and there to appease conservatives...maybe.

The real power in DC are those that have been there the longest.... both parties...Get rid of those....

God Bless America.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top