Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He's not a criminal, so maybe he doesn't want to be in your system?
View Quote

The database includes all contacts . Not just criminals
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The police are even scared of the police now.
View Quote

Who will police the police simpsons
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That would be an inaccurate report. The officer is not the complainant unless they actually found the property. A year or so ago I found proceeds from a burglary while out hiking with my group. I secured the property,  identified the original burglary case, wrote it up and returned the property to the rightful owner.
My agency didn't want me writing it up myself or doing any of that, because I was the actual complainant for the found property portion of the case. In the end they relented because every guy who was on shift that day was running their asses off with a backlog of calls.

Every agency has their own policies when it comes to reports, how they're handled, what's included in the report, etc. Then you break it down even further and you have individual supervisors with their own ideas on what should be in a thorough report and who won't approve the report unless they see those elements in the document. You learn pretty quickly to do a report with both of those requirements in mind. Or, you can have reports sit in your inbox because your supervisor won't approve them. It's up to the officer.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the end his ID isn't necessary for the report though, at least not here.  Make yourself the complainant and submit it, no issues.  Done it plenty of times.

That would be an inaccurate report. The officer is not the complainant unless they actually found the property. A year or so ago I found proceeds from a burglary while out hiking with my group. I secured the property,  identified the original burglary case, wrote it up and returned the property to the rightful owner.
My agency didn't want me writing it up myself or doing any of that, because I was the actual complainant for the found property portion of the case. In the end they relented because every guy who was on shift that day was running their asses off with a backlog of calls.

Every agency has their own policies when it comes to reports, how they're handled, what's included in the report, etc. Then you break it down even further and you have individual supervisors with their own ideas on what should be in a thorough report and who won't approve the report unless they see those elements in the document. You learn pretty quickly to do a report with both of those requirements in mind. Or, you can have reports sit in your inbox because your supervisor won't approve them. It's up to the officer.....

What would the cop actually do though if you just declined to identify, left the wallet, and just walked out?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:12:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That clicked my way back machine on.  While in school in Boston I was at the local laundromat doing my clothes, I went to a public phone booth, (yeah it was a ways back).  
In it I found a purse, after asking in the laundromat if it belong to anyone there and receiving a negative I walked the four blocks to the Police station.  

The officer at the counter looked in the wallet and there was $40 and some change in it.  

I walked back to the laundromat and see a girl looking around the phone booth, I asked if she was missing a purse, she said yes.  I had time and she was a looker so I accompanied her to the police station.  

About 10 minutes had elapsed since I gave the purse to the officer at the station.  I was with her when she was given her purse, guess what, no cash was in the wallet.  
I started to complain about it, and was forcefully told to GTFO.

Yeah Boston police not corrupt there, nope not a bit.
View Quote
I found a really nice, almost-new professional-grade chainsaw with tree-climbing gear attached to it by the side of a road once. I took it to the little local police station.

Later that day, I saw an arborist working in the neighborhood and asked him if a saw had fallen off his truck. It had. We went to the police station.

They didn't know anything about it.

I essentially gave some poor working stiff's really nice saw to a cop.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I talk to cops almost every day.  They're nice guys for the most part and try to do right.  If I'm a suspect in a crime,  speak with my attorney.   Feds, lol, speak with my attorney.   FBI bad.  Feds bad.  Learn it, live it.  Conservatives are the new German nazi Era jews.  Sad but true.
View Quote

Pretty much, this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I found a wallet on the sidewalk and turned it in at the police station. They asked my name, which I gave them. They then demanded I give them my driver's license and wrote down my driver's license number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I found a wallet on the sidewalk and turned it in at the police station. They asked my name, which I gave them. They then demanded I give them my driver's license and wrote down my driver's license number.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Or maybe try have a good relationship with the local police.
My local police lied to me about letting a thief drive off with my stolen license plate on his car. They claimed they had it in evidence, then admitted it to me later when "I" got a parking ticket on Long Island and I called them up and asked how my license plate escaped their evidence locker. Actually it was kind of funny.

Thanks for these reminders of why I don't go to NYS even for business anymore.  I got harassed by Albany PD at the airport over rental car paperwork once, and detained for over 2 hours while they tossed the car and my luggage.  Afterwards I told my boss I'm not returning to NY for any reason.  So far I haven't been fired yet, but at this point I would resign before ever going there again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:31:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Lot of bad apples in the police ranks.  I worked around cops for awhile.  

I was involved in a shooting and a cop lied on the stand about a supposed statement I made, something that could have led to a lengthy sentence.  

There's a lesson for you.  Get a lawyer.  Don't talk to cops.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:34:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What would the cop actually do though if you just declined to identify, left the wallet, and just walked out?
View Quote
This was actually the very thing I thought of when I read the penguin's story.
Can you just imagine... getting locked up for turning in a lost wallet? LOL.
Personally, I might have dropped it in a mailbox, but I would never have taken it to the precinct.
I have as little to do with the cops as possible... and I used to be one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#9]
It should be obvious from several posts in this thread.

Never surrender any property to a law enforcement agency without getting a receipt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks for these reminders of why I don't go to NYS even for business anymore.  I got harassed by Albany PD at the airport over rental car paperwork once, and detained for over 2 hours while they tossed the car and my luggage.  Afterwards I told my boss I'm not returning to NY for any reason.  So far I haven't been fired yet, but at this point I would resign before ever going there again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
My local police lied to me about letting a thief drive off with my stolen license plate on his car. They claimed they had it in evidence, then admitted it to me later when "I" got a parking ticket on Long Island and I called them up and asked how my license plate escaped their evidence locker. Actually it was kind of funny.

That’s funny. I grew up in NY and have been screwed over by cops up there but in SC I was pulled over doing 60 in a 50 zone but I was being passed by someone when we drove by the cop.  Cop let the other guy go and gave me a ticket.  

I assume it was because of my out of state plates.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#11]
This is why you get a receipt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#12]
The first rule of fight club....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Never surrender any property to a law enforcement agency without getting a receipt.
View Quote
I took away some points that I felt were obvious, but that wasn't one of them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Criminals are stupid and do stupid shit.  That's why they are criminals.  Not always does talking to the police result in being charged and sent to prison for decades just for answering questions, unless you admit to a crime.  

On the other hand, never, ever talk to anyone in federal law enforcement because any non-truth you speak can get you sent away for a long time, even if inadvertent or even if you believed the information to be true.  We I saw it in Technicolor with the attempted coup of Trump and his people imprisonment of my grandfather.  Most of them went to prison for lying to the FBI (although they probably did it on purpose), if the feds want you, talking to them will give them what they need.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Make sure to tell your kids also.

Girlfriend had a kid that didn’t come home one night, kid was just being a drama queen, but the girlfriend was worried and went to the police.

Kid turns up in the morning, the police say the kid has to come in to close the report.

I wasn’t there, but the police ask him if he has any nude photos of anyone under 18 on any of his electronic devices... and he says he does. Nothing happened because of it, but I thought it was an odd thing to ask since it wasn’t related to anything else that was going on.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:32:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh, and as far as the unlikelihood of a cop being out to get me? It's not the odds. It's the stakes. Maybe I screwed a girl he was pursuing. Maybe he happens to be a racist. Maybe something I posted on a gun forum about cops pissed him off. Who am I to say?

The risk of being screwed over by a cop is mitigated if I keep my mouth shut.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I normally don't agree with much that is printed in this magazine, but this is a good article:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/12/09/the-interview-7

Everyone should be familiar with these techniques and be able to recognize when someone is using them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I live in the ghetto.  We never talk to the police.  Even when we are the victim of a crime we know the cops are the real enemy.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You suggest that if you're innocent with nothing to hide it's still bad to talk to the police, but post a video of a guilty guy.
The guilty guy is brought to justice, but that's bad in your mind
View Quote

Do the police union reps and lawyers advice police officers under investigation to go ahead and talk to the police investigating them, or do they tell them to shut the fuck up?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wonder how religious cops generally are. I've often wondered if the religious ones realize just how fucked they are if they'll be held responsible for what they did.
View Quote
You're making the assumption all cops of faith have something to hide or are "dirty". I want to believe most cops are probably decent professionals (faith aside), but just like in civilian life there is a small percentage of shitbirds. At least that's been my experience so far. I've had interactions with both kinds. If they are dirty or corrupt I'm guessing they didn't have much faith to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The OP's video is of a OKCPD officer Daniel Holtzclaw that apparently was going around sexually assaulting women.
View Quote

On February 27, 2014, Holtzclaw allegedly pulled up to a woman who was sitting in a parked car outside her house, fondled the woman's breasts, and told her, "I'm not going to take you to jail. Just play by my rules." She said he returned to her home repeatedly and broke into it once. At his trial she said she did not notify the police because she did not believe anyone would believe her because "I'm a black female."

March 14, 2014: Holtzclaw stopped a woman who was walking to a friend's house, asked her whether she was in possession of any drugs, and forced her to expose her breasts.
April 24, 2014: Holtzclaw stopped a woman who was engaging in sex work. He drove her home and when they arrived he forced her to perform oral sex and then raped her.
April 25, 2014: Holtzclaw pulled a woman over saying he was taking her to detox in jail; he instead drove her to a field and raped her, leaving her there after he was done.
May 7, 2014: Holtzclaw stopped a woman while she walked to her cousin's house. After finding out she had some warrants, he forced her to perform oral sex and then raped her behind an abandoned school.
May 8, 2014: According to a later investigation, "A woman, known in court documents as T.M., reported that an unidentified officer forced her to perform oral sex after he found a crack pipe in her purse. Although she filed a police report later that month, no connection was made to Holtzclaw at the time."
May 21, 2014: Holtzclaw drove a woman to a secluded area and gave her an ultimatum: sex or jail. She performed oral sex on him and then he raped her. In an interview the woman said that she first thought it was a "cruel joke of some hidden-camera show" until she realized that he was serious. She said she "had been jailed many times before, and knew the math: a 15-minute ride downtown, two hours to be booked, up to a day of waiting to move to a cell, hearings drawn out over weeks or months," and then decided to give in to his demands, which she figured would only take about six minutes.[25]
May 26, 2014: Holtzclaw stopped a woman and touched her breasts and put his hand in her pants. The woman said she did not tell the police because she didn't think she'd be believed.
June 17, 2014: According to an investigation, "A 17-year-old female is first stopped by Holtzclaw when he arrives to investigate a verbal dispute between two of her friends. Later, he tracks her down while she is walking home, threatens to arrest her for an outstanding warrant, and then takes her to her mother's house, where he forces her to perform oral sex and have intercourse with him on the enclosed porch."
June 18, 2014: Around 2:00 am, Holtzclaw had an encounter with a 57-year-old grandmother, Jannie Ligons, who would ultimately be the one to spark the investigation. The final sexual incident occurred on the same day as the encounter reported by Ligons. According to testimony, Holtzclaw stopped a woman as she left a hotel where she had been staying with her boyfriend. After running a check on her he took her to a desolate area and raped her. She told her boyfriend about the attack and he told her that she should report the rape to the police. "He is the police", she responded.
November 2014: In November three more victims came forward, bringing the total to 13. Previously unidentified DNA which had been found on Holtzclaw's pants was found to match that of a 17-year-old girl who had come forward regarding the June 17 event. Another woman said she was walking on May 22 when Holtzclaw stopped her to check for warrants. When he found that there were no warrants out for her he said he would jail her if she didn't have sex with him; he then forced her to perform oral sex and raped her. A third woman said that he told her he was bringing her to detox but instead brought her to an isolated area and raped her. Ten more counts, including "first-degree rape, second-degree rape by instrumentation, forcible oral sodomy, and sexual battery" were filed against Holtzclaw, who was still on paid leave.[29]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Do the police union reps and lawyers advice police officers under investigation to go ahead and talk to the police investigating them, or do they tell them to shut the fuck up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You suggest that if you're innocent with nothing to hide it's still bad to talk to the police, but post a video of a guilty guy.

I've got a youtube video where you can hear this for yourself.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Wish they would stop calling us too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

This attorney and the ex-cop/law student in this video agree; Never Talk to the Police.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wonder how religious cops generally are. I've often wondered if the religious ones realize just how fucked they are if they'll be held responsible for what they did.
View Quote

Local cop at church went insane on a woman who politely asked if he knew why there was an 8pm curfew during covid lockdowns. Unfortunately the plurality of police departments are going to do what their bosses tell them. See Katrina raids for example.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

@Aimless

Not sure where in NY you are, but the local police around here (CNY) are usually great. I was shoveling out my work truck over the weekend and a county police officer pulls up, asked if I had an extra shovel, and SHE helped me finish the rest of the driveway.

That said, like anything, I’m sure there are plenty of bad ones too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#29]
This is the written version of the "Never talk to the police" famous video

Period."The police are at my door. They want to talk to me. They told me I am not a suspect. I did absolutely nothing wrong. I have nothing to worry about. They can't arrest me or do any harm to me if I did nothing wrong, right?"

Wrong.

"But I committed no crime. Took nobody's life. I didn't even see anything criminal happen. I don't know anyone who may have been there. I was 173 miles away when it happened. I don't know any of the facts except from what others told me. I cannot possible be harmed, right?!"

Again, I am sorry to tell you, but you're wrong.

What people do not realize is what they don't know actually can hurt them. If you don't believe me, listen to the words of former United States Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson, "[A]ny lawyer worth his [or her] salt will tell the [client] in no uncertain terms to make no statement to the police under any circumstances." Watts v. Indiana, 338 U.S. 49 (1949) (emphasis added).

Let us look at the situation a little more closely.
If the police ever ask you to come in to the station "just to chat" or are stopping by "because they only have a couple questions for you"  that means one of two things:

You are a suspect;
You are a possible suspect.
Does that clear the picture up? I sure hope so.

There is absolutely no reason for the police to want to have any discussion with you unless they know something that you (probably) don't. May be your name was mentioned during a discussion with another potential suspect, or perhaps someone is trying to frame you, or, worse yet, you look like the person who was present on the scene and an eyewitness made a mistake in identity. This kind of thing happens all the time. And innocent people end up in custody as a result.

There is no reason to talk to the police especially if you're innocent.

There is no reason to talk to the police; especially if you're innocent.

Here are the top ten reasons why you should not talk to the police:*

REASON #1: Talking to the police CANNOT and WILL NOT help you.

Talking to the police cannot make any difference. Nobody can "talk their way out of" an arrest. No matter how "savvy" or intelligent you think you might be, you will not convince them that you are innocent. And any 'good' statements that may help you that you tell the police cannot be introduced into evidence because of hearsay rules. It's a lose-lose situation; don't talk to the police.

REASON #2: Even if you're guilty, and you want to confess and get it off your chest, you still shouldn't talk to the police.

There is plenty of time to confess and admit guilt later. Why rush the inevitable? First, hire an attorney. Let them do their work, and may be you will win your case. It is much harder to win when there is a confession. For example, do you know what happens if the cop cannot be located and there is no confession? The case gets dismissed! (It's not a universal rule, but it's more common than you might think.) Don't talk to the police.

REASON #3: Even if you are innocent, it's easy to tell some little white lie in the course of a statement.

When people assert their innocence, they sometimes exaggerate their statements and tell a little white lie on accident. That same lie could be later used to destroy your credibility at trial. Don't talk to the police.

REASON #4: Even if you are innocent, and you only tell the truth, and you don't tell any little white lies, it is possible to give the police some detail of information that can be used to convict you.

If you make any statement  it could later be used against. E.g. "I did not kill the guy. I was not around the area when it happened. I don't have a gun. I never owned a gun. I never liked the guy, but, hell, who did?" Bingo. We just found your incriminating statement: "I never liked the guy." Don't talk to the police.

REASON #5: Even if you were innocent, and you only tell the truth, and you don't tell any little white lies, and you don't give the police any information that can be used against you to prove motive or opportunity, you still should not talk to the police because the possibility that the police might not recall your statement with 100% accuracy.

Nobody has a perfect memory. That includes law enforcement. Don't talk to the police.

REASON #6: Even if you're innocent, and you only tell the truth, and your entire statement is videotaped so that the police don't have to rely on their memory, an innocent person can still make some innocent assumption about a fact or state some detail about the case they overheard on the way to the police station, and the police will assume that they only way the suspect could have known that fact or that detail was if he was, in fact, guilty.

If you overhear a fact from someone else and later adopt it as your own, it can be used to crucify you at trial. Don't talk to the police.

REASON #7: Even if you're innocent, and you only tell the truth in your statement, and you give the police no information that can be used against you, and the whole statement is videotaped, a suspect's answers can still be used against him if the police (through no fault of their own) have any evidence that any of the suspect's statements are false (even if they are really true).

Honest mistakes by witnesses can land you in jail. Why take the risk? Don't talk to the police.

REASON #8: The police do not have authority to make deals or grant a suspect leniency in exchange for getting as statement.

Law enforcement personnel do not have authority to make deals, grant you immunity, or negotiate plea agreements. The only entity with that authority is the County or Commonwealth Attorney in state court and the U.S. Attorney in federal court. The officers will tell you they do, but they are lying. They have a carte blanche to lie. Don't talk to the police.

REASON #9: Even if a suspect is guilty, and wants to confess, there may be mitigating factors which justify a lesser charge.

You may be accused of committing one offense when, in fact, you are guilty of a lesser offense. By confessing to the higher offense, you are throwing away bargaining chips. The prosecutor can try the case with your confession to the higher offense. There is no reason to confess. Don't talk to the police.

REASON #10: Even for a completely honest and innocent person, it is difficult to tell the same story twice in exactly the same way.

If trial is the first time you tell your story, then there is no other statement by you to contradict any of your facts. However, if you have told your story twice, once at trial, and once to the police, you are probably going to mess some facts up. It's human nature. A good cross examination by a prosecutor will tear you apart. Don't talk to the police.

*Taken from a video lecture by Professor Dwayne. The video is reproduced in full below.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You're making the assumption all cops of faith have something to hide or are "dirty". I want to believe most cops are probably decent professionals (faith aside), but just like in civilian life there is a small percentage of shitbirds. At least that's been my experience so far. I've had interactions with both kinds. If they are dirty or corrupt I'm guessing they didn't have much faith to begin with.
View Quote

OR their interpretation of their religion tells them that anything they do is righteous.  I'm pretty sure that's how the Iranian Komiteh look at it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#31]
About the wallet stuff.  We had integrity checks.  A person walks up to officer.  I found this wallet and wanna turn it in to you.  Has about 20 bucks in cash in it.  Internal affairs checks on the wallet to see of its turned in and if the recorded serial number bills are included.  IA will also put a 20 under the  back seat of a patrol car and see if the officer turns it in.  They did this too one of my Sergeants 3 times.  On the third time, he wrote in his report that this was the 3rd time that the SAME 20 BILL WAS USED, AND PLEASE USE A DIFFERENT ONE.  I had some unknown lady come up to me and and say, I found this wallet, and turn around and walk off.  There was an officer walking by at the same time and I gave it to him, and told him to turn it in.  I had a listening device placed in my police  car, targeting another Lieutenant, not me.  They only turned it on when he was driving..  he was propositioning whores to beat him.  Local news also got him on video making those offers.  Went to the precinct in midtown to hook up with his sources.  He worked in the precinct to the north.  I never knew this was a thing.  All kinda shady shit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Local cop at church went insane on a woman who politely asked if he knew why there was an 8pm curfew during covid lockdowns. Unfortunately the plurality of police departments are going to do what their bosses tell them. See Katrina raids for example.
View Quote

Cops are the modern day condottieri.  They will do whatever the guy signing the checks tells them to do... so long as the check clears.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guy I worked with found a POS handgun in the street. He took it to the local precinct. Desk cop asked for his ID, of course. Friend asked for a receipt. Cop gave him a hard time: "why do you want a receipt?". Friend said "just to prove that I turned it in." Round and round with the cop for a while but the friend eventually got a receipt. Left him VERY suspicious as to why the cop didn't want to give him a receipt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Guy I worked with found a POS handgun in the street. He took it to the local precinct. Desk cop asked for his ID, of course. Friend asked for a receipt. Cop gave him a hard time: "why do you want a receipt?". Friend said "just to prove that I turned it in." Round and round with the cop for a while but the friend eventually got a receipt. Left him VERY suspicious as to why the cop didn't want to give him a receipt.
View Quote

Two words: "drop gun"
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here except I told them to get a Warrant. He said “I beg your pardon.” Told him I don’t stutter. Get a warrant. He STFU RFN.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@Aimless

Not sure where in NY you are, but the local police around here (CNY) are usually great. I was shoveling out my work truck over the weekend and a county police officer pulls up, asked if I had an extra shovel, and SHE helped me finish the rest of the driveway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Aimless

The local cops are always great until they're not. I've spoken to dozens of good, regular folks such as yourself, who found this out the hard way. Trust nobody, cops, doctors, lawyers, politicians, etc. And certainly don't trust them just by virtue of their job position, or lumping them in with a group of other strangers. People are crazy, mean, psycho, etc. They'll throw you under a bus for a dollar, without fail.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now that's just weird, why would the cop refuse to give a receipt?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By all means, post a link.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I watched both your videos OP. That guy didn't do it.
I can't understand how he was prosecuted with no evidence.

27 minutes in they interview the interrogation team and they are fruit cakes.

CRTV: Daniel in the Den | The truth about Holtzclaw (Parts 1 and 2)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#41]
You are guilty of a crime(s), and it's up to them to find out what you did.
"Anything you say can and will be used aginst you" isn't just a formality.

If cops don't find and arrest bad guys there isn't much reason to keep then around. And a lack of bad guys is not a serious obstical.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
well why do you think those helpful policemen wanted my name and driver ID
1-so they could later give me an award as wallet turner inner of the year
2-in case they found some reason later to accuse me of wrong doing related to the Wallet "someone used my credit card" "my ruby is missing" etc

How do you think those two cops (it took two of them for some reason) had felt if I demanded their names and badge numbers? Do you think they would have thought

1-He's going to get us personalized trophies
2-He's implying he thinks we're going to steal the cash
View Quote

1-so they could later give me an award as wallet turner inner of the year
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:15:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/mic drop.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a mystery.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

This attorney and the ex-cop/law student in this video agree; Never Talk to the Police.
View Quote

This is the video to watch..pay attention to the first words the Detective says..
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I watched both your videos OP. That guy didn't do it.
I can't understand how he was prosecuted with no evidence.

27 minutes in they interview the interrogation team and they are fruit cakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmKVMklq6Wk
View Quote

I don't know if he is guilty or innocent, but can you imagine if the guy is actually innocent ?  Even more reason to take at heart the attitude of "never talk to cops, let your attorney do the talking"

In the original confession video you can clearly see the detectives tried to give him a way out, telling him how confessing to it or to try admitting consensual sex would make a "whole lot difference" .  I am sure an attorney would have convinced his client to take this route. 10 year vs 263 is a whole different  ball game. But thankfully this guy cockiness prevailed and the rest is history
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#48]
History is replete with scumbag gestapo cops. No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I found a wallet years ago as well.  I looked at the driver's license and then Googled the person's name.  IIRC it took a little searching online but I finally got a phone number.  Luckily it was the right guy and I gave him his wallet back.  He tried to give me a reward and I just said, "No, I'd want someone to do the same for me."
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
New York sounds awesome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New York sounds awesome
it is. Every day I ask myself how I can stand to live in such a utopian society
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top