Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Fear factory - Transgression

When the chorus hits, I get dusty...  was listening to that song when I got a phone call that a friend had been hit by a drunk driver and was dying.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:07:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Comfortably Numb.

Main Street.

Those are the main two that bring me back.

Not really positive memories for the most part.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:07:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I fundamentally disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJLIiF15wjQ
View Quote

Ha. Freshmen year of biology. Had a crush on a girl named Danielle. We’d flirt and all that shit high schoolers did. Then I was moved out of that class and never saw her again. Big campus and my classes were always opposite side of the campus from each other so wasn’t much mingling time. And we had three lunch periods.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:51:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Comfortably Numb.

Main Street.

Those are the main two that bring me back.

Not really positive memories for the most part.
View Quote

They hit me too
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:04:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All of them.
View Quote
True.  Every song takes me to a time and place in the past.   Some are wonderful memories and some are memories that are painful but wonderful all the same.  Even those that remind me of those I loved who are gone, though painful, are wonderful in that memory of love.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Boston's 'More Than a Feeling' reminds me of the first time I actually heard music on a high fidelity system.  I was blown away.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:52:58 AM EDT
[#7]
The Air That I Breathe, by the Hollies

It was the mid 1973. And the young couple across the street let me hang out.
This song was on the radio,  and the Husband asked me if I would like to meet Miss. America.

OK...

He leads me to Terry Anne Meeuwsen.

The reigning Miss America.
She was a bridesmaid at their wedding .

Gotta tell ya. Even in primary school.
She wasn't all that.

Pretty hair though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Joe Cocker - You are so beautiful (nearly unplugged)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Typically of certain times in my life or women I dated. Late 90s top 40 takes me back to the radio playing when I was helping my older brother restore a car in our grandfathers barn. Jumper by 3rd Eye Blind and Eve 6 Inside Out being the heaviest rotation at that time. They come on and I can almost smell the mildew and Bondo. My freshman year of college everyone in the dorms had radios blasting and it was Chingy's Holiday Inn and Outkast Hey Yah that got motherfucking tiring.

With girls it is typically the song they are obsessed with at the time we dated. Biggest stand out was about 8 years ago when I dated a borderline girl who played Icona Pop's "I Love It" non stop. Crazy fun lay but insane and Im pretty sure the song was written about her.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#10]
"Fade into you" by Mazzy Star always brings back memories of a couple relationships in the past that didn't work out. Always hits my feels.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Battle of Evermore by Zep

I had to out my dog down and after burying her, I was driving with the radio off just thinking about her and my phone started playing that song. I hadn't touched my phone on a few hours and it didnt easily play music. You had to open an app select the song and select play.  

My dogs name was Zeppelin.

It was a farewell from her. I still pause when I hear and give her a moment of remembrance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Whistle stop -1973- Robin hood da Disney (por Lucas).wmv

Been stuck in my head since the early 80’s.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I miss you - Blink-182

Ocean Avenue - Yellowcard

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Midnight Rendezvous.. The babies,, this hat ass blonde I dated loved it....

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Air That I Breathe, by the Hollies

It was the mid 1973. And the young couple across the street let me hang out.
This song was on the radio,  and the Husband asked me if I would like to meet Miss. America.

OK...

He leads me to Terry Anne Meeuwsen.

The reigning Miss America.
She was a bridesmaid at their wedding .

Gotta tell ya. Even in primary school.
She wasn't all that.

Pretty hair though.
View Quote

She really isn't that hot... height of cold war and that's the best we could muster up?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top