Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:20:57 AM EDT
[#1]
At work flag has been half-staff since covid hit last year. No change there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of people have received the medal of freedom and not had flags at half staff at death.

I dont remember Muhammad Ali getting flags flown any different at his death in 2016...or Mister Rogers.

Yeah Aaron was a hell of a ball player but all the governors who released statements in regards to the flags mentioned his color and civil rights.

If you think this isnt about his skin color I dont know what to tell you.

If we didnt have the summer of Floyd those flags wouldn't of lowered for a ball player.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:29:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Too many excuses any more for flags at half staff.

It seems like they are halfway down more than they are all the way up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Neil Armstrong didn't even get flags at 1/2 staff.

View Quote

Ouch.

Fuck sportsball players. "Heroes" hahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was does it bother any of you?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Was does it bother any of you?

On January 8, 2001, Aaron was presented with the Presidential Citizens Medal by President Bill Clinton.[112] He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor, from President George W. Bush in June 2002.

More fake "heroes".

And fuck the 2 globalist douche bags that gave him the feel-good awards.

Pro sports is cancer.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:26:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I really don’t understand the hero worship of professional athletes; they are nothing more then entertainers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:49:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Why do you all hate Hank Aaron? What is even going on here? So fucking what if flags got lowered to commemorate his passing?

What is this about? Flag lowering? That shit lost meaning long ago.

Aaron deserves it more than most who get it. Why are you all shitting on Hank Aaron?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In case you didn't notice.......
View Quote

It's for the 13%
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#9]
He deserves it more than Whitney Houston, but it's still wrong.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Am I missing something? Seems like a strange flex Kemp.
View Quote

Everybody's a fucking hero now. Everybody.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:12:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why do you all hate Hank Aaron? What is even going on here? So fucking what if flags got lowered to commemorate his passing?

Aaron deserves it more than most who get it. Why are you all shitting on Hank Aaron?
View Quote

Agree.  Although a professional athlete, he was a national icon and treasure IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong

Neil Armstrong did get flags at half staff.  I guess you and a few others just didn’t pay attention to the flag or are just searching for a reason to be mad.

President Obama issued the proclamation on Monday.

"As a mark of respect for the memory of Neil Armstrong, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that on the day of his interment, the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset on such day," the proclamation said
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:26:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What year did Neil Armstrong die? Who was president? What color was Neil Armstrong?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What year did Neil Armstrong die? Who was president? What color was Neil Armstrong?

President Obama
White
And the flags were flown at half staff for Neil Armstrong. Trying to figure out why folks think they weren’t.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't think people are mad at Hank Aaron. People are mad at whoever made the decision.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I heard a rumor that the half mast flags were for one of the underling chinese leaders of the CCP that recently died.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

He was a ball player. He didn't do anything special for the country except make big bucks playing a game.

Giving solemn honors willy nilly degrades the whole solemn honors things like flags at half mast.

Just like calling everyone a racist, next thing you know, nobody cares and it becomes meaningless.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Neil planted a flag on the Moon..
no one has ever topped that. we just look at the moon every night and think of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neil planted a flag on the Moon..
no one has ever topped that. we just look at the moon every night and think of it.

Great way to think about it.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Heads of state should be at half staff.

No others.
Except Jeff Durham's, Walter.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Wrong

Neil Armstrong did get flags at half staff.  I guess you and a few others just didn’t pay attention to the flag or are just searching for a reason to be mad.

"As a mark of respect for the memory of Neil Armstrong, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that on the day of his interment, the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset on such day," the proclamation said
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong

See how easily people fall for for a bullshit "fact"
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Well when dumbass Biden dies they'll have it at half staff for him.........I'll take Aaron for all his faults over dumbass Biden.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think we should lower the flag for anyone who wasn't a significant government official, like the President or a governor.

That being said, we do seem to lower the flag for all kinds of reasons these day and if we are going to lower it to mark the passing of anyone else, Hank Aaron is the one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well when dumbass Biden dies they'll have it at half staff for him.........I'll take Aaron for all his faults over dumbass Biden.
View Quote

If it's being flown at half staff for Biden, will it rise to full staff whenever an 8 year girl walks by?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:11:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought it was for the death of liberty.
View Quote

That is what it should be for
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#25]
He hit baseballs. Big freaking deal.

All these sports ball players play kids games and get showered with money and adulation that they don’t deserve. When my FIL who was a two time Bronze Star and Purple Heart winner passed we had to practically beg for a honor guard for him at his small ceremony in the little town where he was born.

I guess some animals really are more important than others.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If it's being flown at half staff for Biden, will it rise to full staff whenever an 8 year girl walks by?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

See how easily people fall for for a bullshit "fact"
View Quote

It would be comical if it weren’t so dangerous.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So? He was in the age range where it's a threat.

RIP Hank Aaron
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So? He was in the age range where it's a threat.

RIP Hank Aaron

The vaccine?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong color and sports ball players are our nations real hero’s.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#30]
U.S. Code Title 4. FLAG AND SEAL, SEAT OF GOVERNMENT, AND THE STATES Chapter 1. THE FLAG Section 7. Position and manner of display

(m)The flag, when flown at half-staff, should be first hoisted to the peak for an instant and then lowered to the half-staff position. The flag should be again raised to the peak before it is lowered for the day. On Memorial Day the flag should be displayed at half-staff until noon only, then raised to the top of the staff. By order of the President, the flag shall be flown at half-staff upon the death of principal figures of the United States Government and the Governor of a State, territory, or possession, as a mark of respect to their memory. In the event of the death of other officials or foreign dignitaries, the flag is to be displayed at half-staff according to Presidential instructions or orders, or in accordance with recognized customs or practices not inconsistent with law. In the event of the death of a present or former official of the government of any State, territory, or possession of the United States, the death of a member of the Armed Forces from any State, territory, or possession who dies while serving on active duty, or the death of a first responder working in any State, territory, or possession who dies while serving in the line of duty, the Governor of that State, territory, or possession may proclaim that the National flag shall be flown at half-staff, and the same authority is provided to the Mayor of the District of Columbia with respect to present or former officials of the District of Columbia, members of the Armed Forces from the District of Columbia, and first responders working in the District of Columbia. When the Governor of a State, territory, or possession, or the Mayor of the District of Columbia, issues a proclamation under the preceding sentence that the National flag be flown at half-staff in that State, territory, or possession or in the District of Columbia because of the death of a member of the Armed Forces, the National flag flown at any Federal installation or facility in the area covered by that proclamation shall be flown at half-staff consistent with that proclamation. The flag shall be flown at half-staff 30 days from the death of the President or a former President; 10 days from the day of death of the Vice President, the Chief Justice or a retired Chief Justice of the United States, or the Speaker of the House of Representatives; from the day of death until interment of an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, a Secretary of an executive or military department, a former Vice President, or the Governor of a State, territory, or possession; and on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress. The flag shall be flown at half-staff on Peace Officers Memorial Day, unless that day is also Armed Forces Day. As used in this subsection—
(1)the term “half-staff” means the position of the flag when it is one-half the distance between the top and bottom of the staff;
(2)the term “executive or military department” means any agency listed under sections 101 and 102 of title 5;
(3)the term “Member of Congress” means a Senator, a Representative, a Delegate, or the Resident Commissioner from Puerto Rico; and
(4)the term “first responder” means a “public safety officer” as defined in section 1204 of title I of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (34 U.S.C. 10284).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top