Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I see tons of mazdas. Nissan is the one on it's deathbed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Merge with Nissan and whatever their goofy ass name is Stellantis? Lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve been wanting a Mazda Cx3 for a while..
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been wanting a Mazda Cx3 for a while..
View Quote

Don't. Get a CX-30 instead
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sweet!  You fell for the trap to look like an idiot. After your next stupid post we’ll talk SAAR.

I was using more accurate numbers from 2019. Something happened in 2020, wonder what that was?
View Quote

Post your source then, otherwise I repeat my statement.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
30 years ago they made decent vehicles. Ever had the joy of working on the garbage they crank out now?
View Quote

Meh, just like everyrthing else and better than some.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

When’s the last time you saw a Mazda on the road?  That will answer your question.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There stock has been on a steady decline all the way to about $2.50 a share until this last month or so when it shot up a whole dollar....

Yet they have been doing a good bit of R&D on gasoline engines ignition systems with their skyactive X tech, and others, new models seem attractive (relatively speaking)

Why has their stock value dropped so low over the last 6 years or so?

When’s the last time you saw a Mazda on the road?  That will answer your question.

Constantly? They're all over the place around here. Which is awesome, I like Mazda, I just wish they'd do a rwd 6 coupe.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There stock has been on a steady decline all the way to about $2.50 a share until this last month or so when it shot up a whole dollar....

Yet they have been doing a good bit of R&D on gasoline engines ignition systems with their skyactive X tech, and others, new models seem attractive (relatively speaking)

I see Mazda’s pretty much every single time I leave my house.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Nissan and Mitsubishi will be gone before Mazda goes imo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Where?
View Quote

Ton of them here too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think they’re under powered. (CX5 specifically).  I get that they have to hit certain MPG, but that thing was gutless
View Quote

Have you driven a newer one?

Cause we were pretty pissed off about trying every crossover around then my mom picking a cr--v in the end. Worse power, less space in every way, worse gas mileage, and more expensive. Had electrical problems ever since that corporate won't address and the dealer can't fix. It's a '17 and she's a huge honda fangirl, since deceased. No one wants it now cause we don't fit in it cause of height.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Lots of bros here will throw fits if they can’t get their CX-5 mom missile
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I was surprised to hear they were still around.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet!  You fell for the trap to look like an idiot. After your next stupid post we’ll talk SAAR.

I was using more accurate numbers from 2019. Something happened in 2020, wonder what that was?

The same site you used.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Everyday they are everywhere, in fact we have two in the garage right now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You are forgetting one in the sport category......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mazda is and has always been niche in North America, but if it works for them...

Pickups?  Last one was 2011, the mini-sized B. Never made a mid or full size
Performance/sport?  "Arguably" the RX-8, to 2012
Minivans?  MPV ended in 2006, mini-mini Mazda 5 until 2015
Full size sedan?  929, last seen in 1999
Performance mid- or full-size cars?  Nope
Luxury small-, mid- or full-size cars?  Nope
V-8?  Nope, never
Mazdaspeed versions? Last one was 2013

You are forgetting one in the sport category......

The MX-5 Miata is its own niche, and owns it nicely kinda figured I didn't have to mention it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I hope not. They seem to be the only Japanese manufacturer that still gives a damn about driving dynamics throughout their line.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:12:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see CX series rides everywhere
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they next to the Honda ridge line and Nissan Altima at the light?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Their new engine is revolutionary for combustion engines......unfortunately that doesn't excite wall street in the age of EV's

They make really good cars right now.  They're in the middle of trying to tap the upscale side of the economy market.

All of their current models have great interiors and provide great value, and regularly get rave reviews from major auto journalists.

My sister has a 2005 Mazda3....other than regular oil changes, she's beaten the hell out of it.  It has 200k+ miles on the odometer and it runs great.  Only recently started having any significant mechanical issues, which were all easily fixed.

Mazda makes great cars.  They're incredibly reliable, their interiors currently are top notch and punch way above their weight.

They just don't seem to be resonating with end-buyers in comparison to what Toyota, Kia, and Hyundai are doing.
View Quote

What he said. They are not going to be Wall Streets darling because of the whole push to EVs.

Bought my Mazda three years ago. 85000 miles later, No Ragrets bro
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

CX5's are like liberals,everywhere

Nice car too
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Don't. Get a CX-30 instead
View Quote

Little out of my price range. Really like the CX-30 a lot. Looks really nice.
Was thinking about checking this one out. Don’t want large payments.. can pay cash for this or put good down payment and real small monthly payments.  

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/JM1DKDB73J0327572
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Just needs an LS.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Notice how everyone that has had one raves, while those that don't just scream "GAYYYYY" and "VOLUME #'s"?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What do you mean? They’re all over the place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#26]
So Mazda's got zero plans for a EV?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I was torn between getting a new daily driver or a used one.  Ended up used for much lower price.  

If I got new it was going to be a Mazda.  Very nice car.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been thinking about getting a used one for cheap beater car.

They still use automatics and started in house production of their transmissions. They have supposedly turned themselves around quite a bit the last couple of years.

No CVT is a bonus for me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I see tons of mazdas. Nissan is the one on it's deathbed.
View Quote

I see a decent amount of Mazda’s on the road still but I honestly thought they were already dead until reading this thread. Maybe I’m confusing them with Saturn, they’re gone right?

I don’t see Nissan going anywhere, Im actually currently on the hunt for one of their NV vans, if you can’t afford a Sprinter van the NV is the next best thing on the market IMO and judging by how fast they sell, other people agree. I found one up in PA and by the time we called somebody in WA had already bought it and they were waiting for the shipping company to come get it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are popular.  Wife bought a CX-5 for cash and loves it..

Lotsa bang for the buck.

J code vehicles are best vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's supposed to be a hybrid or two coming in 22-23.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#32]
As cheap as their stock is, think I'm going to buy some.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

They aren’t big enough to chase the EV pipe dream this early in the game.

If/when the market actually makes sense, they will follow Toyota.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

They aren't big enough to chase the EV pipe dream this early in the game.

View Quote

They partnered with Toyota and opened an engine factory in Arkansas (or alabama)
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can't swing a cat around here without hitting a Cx5...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:58:37 PM EDT
[#36]
To be honest, I don't know how they made it this far....I suppose when they were balls deep with Ford that really helped prop them up with the Escape' and Ranger copies.  I don't see many on the road here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Their cuv cx line is insanely popular. They were the cuv to beat before every fucking car manufacturer decided to pump them out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why not move the goal post to 1982?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Their little crossovers are everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their little crossovers are everywhere.

This. The CX series are pretty popular, and for the price, are not bad little vehicles... but Id never buy one.

I had a  loaded Mazda 6 when they first came out. It was a quick, fun, good looking, comfortable sedan. But I was smart enough to sell it after 3 years before it fell apart like every other Mazda on the planet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally every day.  And no, I don't have one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

They're all over the place in San Diego.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:22:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

When's the last time you saw a Mazda on the road?  That will answer your question.
View Quote

Every day, because I own one, and it's awesome.  

Actually, I see them fairly regularly, which is especially noteworthy because the nearest dealer is 90 minutes away.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Having owned one anything interior sucks. It’s like ridding in a go-cart.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:25:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This. The CX series are pretty popular, and for the price, are not bad little vehicles... but Id never buy one.

I had a  loaded Mazda 6 when they first came out. It was a quick, fun, good looking, comfortable sedan. But I was smart enough to sell it after 3 years before it fell apart like every other Mazda on the planet.
View Quote

Sounds like you haven't had a post-Ford Mazda. 2017+ models are a whole different game
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I see a decent amount of Mazda’s on the road still but I honestly thought they were already dead until reading this thread. Maybe I’m confusing them with Saturn, they’re gone right?

I don’t see Nissan going anywhere, Im actually currently on the hunt for one of their NV vans, if you can’t afford a Sprinter van the NV is the next best thing on the market IMO and judging by how fast they sell, other people agree. I found one up in PA and by the time we called somebody in WA had already bought it and they were waiting for the shipping company to come get it.
View Quote

Saturn has been dead since 2008 I believe. Nissan makes frontiers/NV'S and altimas/muranos and rouge's. No one buys them that has an alternative. The other models are also rans that don't get sold. Look at titan sales numbers. They are a brand new design as of last year. Frontiers are getting a new one for the first time since 2003.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sounds like you haven't had a post-Ford Mazda. 2017+ models are a whole different game
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im glad to hear that! I didn't know they separated from Ford... Very cool!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Love my Mazda 6
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#48]

I have a 2018 CX 5 Touring. For the size and only a 4 cyl engine it goes pretty good and handles astonishingly well.

45k trouble free miles so far. Would get another in a heartbeat if  mine was totalled.

I see tons of cx5 and 3's around here every day.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:53:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Saturn has been dead since 2008 I believe. Nissan makes frontiers/NV'S and altimas/muranos and rouge's. No one buys them that has an alternative. The other models are also rans that don't get sold. Look at titan sales numbers. They are a brand new design as of last year. Frontiers are getting a new one for the first time since 2003.
View Quote

I like my Frontier. I could have bought something else but it’s perfect for my needs.

The Rogue sucks though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:56:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They partnered with Toyota and opened an engine factory in Arkansas (or alabama)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They aren't big enough to chase the EV pipe dream this early in the game.

Toyota has been pretty protective of the quirky Japanese brands. They now own 20% of Subaru and I would expect something similar to happen with Mazda in the future.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top