User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I work gunshows from time to time. All the good deals are bought up between venders before the doors even open. Lots of inside dealing going on. Helped with one three weeks ago. One vendor walked over to the big ammo booth and bought every single small pistol and rifle primer they had before the doors opened up. Then put half of them on his table for almost double the price.
View Quote

+87, Market Hall was always like this on Fridays during vendor set-up
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Just plan on NOT being able to replace it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geez. I might have to start selling some stuff. It's too hard to resist the prices.

I've also been tempted.  I can only shoot one at a time, right?  And most would be safe queens, not carry guns or AR's.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:41:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Post Falls, Idaho show opened at 9AM.  At 5AM, there was a line at the door.
Good show but prices are always high.  There was a gal selling IIIA for $700/pair, and selling a lot of them.
FWIW I bought mine for $370.
View Quote

What is IIIA?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:48:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm...maybe I should rent a table at the next gun show.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No trying to disparage the gun show, but I have to wonder why folks waited to the last minute to get things like firearms or ammunition where now they'll pay - what $1800 - for a $900 AR seven months ago?

Even if Trump had won, the riots and pandemic issues should have gotten people off their couch to go get something.

I'm hoping that all those in the line already have some stuff and are just scouting for something else, but to wait in a line like that, I think my first thought is likely the more accurate of the two.
View Quote

On the flip side, everyone NOT stocking up is the reason prices were so low the past four years.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What is IIIA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Post Falls, Idaho show opened at 9AM.  At 5AM, there was a line at the door.
Good show but prices are always high.  There was a gal selling IIIA for $700/pair, and selling a lot of them.
FWIW I bought mine for $370.

What is IIIA?

Armor

Specifically, a designation of armor ballistic rating
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Armor

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Armor

Quoted:

Armor

Thanks
Thought she was referring to an ammo brand
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Geez. I might have to start selling some stuff. It's too hard to resist the prices.

I'm plenty overstocked on every caliber I own... but this is what scares the crap outta me.
We are in uncharted territory right now... so I'm in a "hold" position.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#9]
But why though?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That will be the unemployment line in a year
View Quote

Or the gun registration/buyback/turn them in line after the assault weapons act of 2021 has passed
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Bitches about how stupid gun shows are and are only patronized by newbies and the low IQ segment.

Bitches when gun shows are shut down and outlawed by leftists.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lol, there were no cool guys in that line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It wasnt bad.  I found a cool guy to talk too.

Lol, there were no cool guys in that line.
Ok
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
But why though?
View Quote
Why did I go?

Because I still find stuff I'm looking for at good prices.  I do not buy new stuff at gun shows.

The only ammo I've bought at shows lately is .32 for $20-24 a box, and 7.5 French and 8 Lebel for $1 to $1.5 a round.  Not bad prices.

Plus I like being around guns.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a metric fuck ton of .380 I will sell at $2 a round. I should probably throw a couple cases in a backpack and go to the next gunshow here in San Antonio. I've got alot of 9mm too, but I'm still hesitant to sell any of though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  I have a metric fuck ton of .380 I will sell at $2 a round. I should probably throw a couple cases in a backpack and go to the next gunshow here in San Antonio. I've got alot of 9mm too, but I'm still hesitant to sell any of though.
View Quote

You'd have a lot better luck w/ a table.  Walking around you'll mostly get offers from dealers who won't pay that much.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You'd have a lot better luck w/ a table.  Walking around you'll mostly get offers from dealers who won't pay that much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I have a metric fuck ton of .380 I will sell at $2 a round. I should probably throw a couple cases in a backpack and go to the next gunshow here in San Antonio. I've got alot of 9mm too, but I'm still hesitant to sell any of though.

Cardboard box, cut, print prices on it, wear on back, carry some ammo on a folding 2 wheel cart, keep the rest in your vehicle. [hidden] That way you don't need to haul it all around with you.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I haven’t been to Market Hall since 2016, just before the previous election scare.  

This looks more like full blown post election panic.  I’m sure it will only get worse, too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What is IIIA?
View Quote

Body Armor
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I work gunshows from time to time. All the good deals are bought up between vendors before the doors even open. Lots of inside dealing going on.  
View Quote

Yup, it's part of being a vendor, and it's why I get there early to set up and then cruise the tables before the public gets in.  You can buy stuff you want, or scoop up anything you think you can make money on and put it on your tables.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yup, it's part of being a vendor, and it's why I get there early to set up and then cruise the tables before the public gets in.  You can buy stuff you want, or scoop up anything you think you can make money on and put it on your tables.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I work gunshows from time to time. All the good deals are bought up between vendors before the doors even open. Lots of inside dealing going on.  

And that behavior is fucked. Paying customers don’t have a chance
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nothing stops you from getting a table and doing the same thing. Sell your stuff you don’t want, pick up some things you want ahead of the crowd, and search for stuff to flip.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:42:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I went to Scheel's in The Colony (right by that Hard-8) about a month ago and their AR cage was full of SBRs, a 50 cal, and tons of boutique custom, ridiculous looking ARs for $3-4k+, along with normal fare, but as I recall it was completely stocked.

I went today and the cage is almost empty, one SBR in 40SW, and nothing really interesting at all.  All of the high end stuff is gone, including the 50 cal.  A few ARs and Mini-14's.

People are picking up the high end stuff now too it seems.

They did have a Benelli M4 for $1,800 that I stared at for a few mins and considered but decided not to.  Don't have any 12ga anyway.  Their ammo shelves are even more barren than last month as well.  Showed my wife (she went with me last time) without saying "I told you so".

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nothing stops you from getting a table and doing the same thing. Sell your stuff you don’t want, pick up some things you want ahead of the crowd, and search for stuff to flip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct. However it’s a matter of ethics. Customers drive over to the show pay for parking and then pay to get in and have a zero chance of getting some of the stuff they went there for
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:  You are correct. However it’s a matter of ethics. Customers drive over to the show pay for parking and then pay to get in and have a zero chance of getting some of the stuff they went there for
View Quote

What are you talking about?  100% of the stuff that came in the door Friday is still in the room.  Customers pay market for everything @ a show - otherwise it sits there.  Are you complaining about capitalism itself?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Bitches about how stupid gun shows are and are only patronized by newbies and the low IQ segment.

Bitches when gun shows are shut down and outlawed by leftists.
View Quote

whats wrong with that? they can both be true.

unlike lefty, freedom loving people still hate when shit is shut down by govt even if its shit we dont like for ourselves

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You are correct. However it’s a matter of ethics. Customers drive over to the show pay for parking and then pay to get in and have a zero chance of getting some of the stuff they went there for
View Quote

Are you always the first customer in line at the gun show?  If not, someone ahead of you in line would have got that deal instead of you.

It's just the way it is.  Just like gun shop workers get first pick of stuff that comes in, and employees in big box stores get to grab ammo off the shelf before the public gets a chance.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
At this point in the market, if you're looking for the stuff you need at gun shows, you're pretty much screwed.
View Quote

No, people sitting at home hoping salad days pricing is coming back are the ones that are screwed.  So are guys showing up at the local big box and trying to find what they need.

You can go to the gun show, suck up your pride and pay market price,  and go home with all the black rifles, mags, and ammo you need.  Capitalism works.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

And that behavior is fucked. Paying customers don't have a chance
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that behavior is fucked. Paying customers don't have a chance

Not really.  I find stuff at decent prices almost every show I go too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I would neckbeard the shit out of that line selling my for sale stash of ammo

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I went to Scheel's in The Colony (right by that Hard-8) about a month ago and their AR cage was full of SBRs, a 50 cal, and tons of boutique custom, ridiculous looking ARs for $3-4k+, along with normal fare, but as I recall it was completely stocked.

I went today and the cage is almost empty, one SBR in 40SW, and nothing really interesting at all.  All of the high end stuff is gone, including the 50 cal.  A few ARs and Mini-14's.

People are picking up the high end stuff now too it seems.

They did have a Benelli M4 for $1,800 that I stared at for a few mins and considered but decided not to.  Don't have any 12ga anyway.  Their ammo shelves are even more barren than last month as well.  Showed my wife (she went with me last time) without saying "I told you so".

View Quote

I went today and they had quite a bit of inventory.

Even got some .22 and .380.  

BTW, that Benelli M4 is still there.   One of these days, I'm going to get one of those and dump my M1 Super 90.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#31]
If gun shows get shut down they’ll have to share the blame. Most of the stuff in there is so ridiculously overpriced, has been for years, and they treat you like you’re stupid. I used to look forward to getting excellent deals but I quit going about five years ago. I think it started to go downhill when they started letting beef jerky, beanie babies, gutter guards, window sales, faux jewelry, and all that other bullshit in.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:27:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:  If gun shows get shut down they’ll have to share the blame. Most of the stuff in there is so ridiculously overpriced, has been for years, and they treat you like you’re stupid. I used to look forward to getting excellent deals but I quit going about five years ago. I think it started to go downhill when they started letting beef jerky, beanie babies, gutter guards, window sales, faux jewelry, and all that other bullshit in.
View Quote

I've been going to N Texas gunshows for 30 years.  I don't think you were still going 5 years ago if you're claiming they were still selling beanie babies then.

I think a lot of y'all are afraid of crowds.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If gun shows get shut down they’ll have to share the blame. Most of the stuff in there is so ridiculously overpriced, has been for years, and they treat you like you’re stupid. I used to look forward to getting excellent deals but I quit going about five years ago. I think it started to go downhill when they started letting beef jerky, beanie babies, gutter guards, window sales, faux jewelry, and all that other bullshit in.
View Quote

I have been going to shows since 1980 or so. That stuff has always been there and to a certain extent, at times was necessary to get a crowd in the door. Beanie babies and bling jewelry has gotten more new guns into some houses and husbands/boyfriends out of the dog house for going than can be counted.  One of the biggest shows I ever saw at Market Hall in Dallas had a craft show in one hall and a gun show in the other. One ticket gave entrance to both shows. Genius marketing on the part of the promoters.
The only drawback I will concede was the baseball card fad in the mid-80s.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Learnt my lesson years ago...

Don't go to a Gunshow to buy....

Go to a gunshow to sell.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:  Learnt my lesson years ago...

Don't go to a Gunshow to buy....

Go to a gunshow to sell.
View Quote

This is ARFCOM!  Get both!

Seriously, I've got some great deals - bought a $500 Inland carbine, sold a HiPoint .45 pistol for $275, sold an 870 Express for $500.

If you're selling, get a table.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#36]
look at all those non-Texans wearing masks
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:15:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have been going to shows since 1980 or so. That stuff has always been there and to a certain extent, at times was necessary to get a crowd in the door. Beanie babies and bling jewelry has gotten more new guns into some houses and husbands/boyfriends out of the dog house for going than can be counted.  One of the biggest shows I ever saw at Market Hall in Dallas had a craft show in one hall and a gun show in the other. One ticket gave entrance to both shows. Genius marketing on the part of the promoters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If gun shows get shut down they'll have to share the blame. Most of the stuff in there is so ridiculously overpriced, has been for years, and they treat you like you're stupid. I used to look forward to getting excellent deals but I quit going about five years ago. I think it started to go downhill when they started letting beef jerky, beanie babies, gutter guards, window sales, faux jewelry, and all that other bullshit in.

This.  They have always been there and I have zero problems walking by tables I don't find interesting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

BTW, that Benelli M4 is still there.   One of these days, I'm going to get one of those and dump my M1 Super 90.
View Quote

We might have just missed each other.  I was there about 1pm yesterday.  I didn't look at specific calibers, just the barrenness of the shelves.  I don't need anything at the moment (unless I get that M4 :D)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

We might have just missed each other.  I was there about 1pm yesterday.  I didn't look at specific calibers, just the barrenness of the shelves.  I don't need anything at the moment (unless I get that M4 :D)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First time in there, so I didn't have anything to compare it too.    we did just miss each other.  I was there about noon
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
First time in there, so I didn't have anything to compare it too.    we did just miss each other.  I was there about noon
View Quote

They had a dozen or so ridiculous things like these last month along with 30+ more standard ARs and such, Barrett M82 and a dozen or more SBR ARs.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They had a dozen or so ridiculous things like these last month along with 30+ more standard ARs and such, Barrett M82 and a dozen or more SBR ARs.

https://www.blackrosefirearms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/7/57ae9d16-e8fb-4052-bd9f-abd1ce88910e.jpeg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.blackrosefirearms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/7/57ae9d16-e8fb-4052-bd9f-abd1ce88910e.jpeg
Definitely more bare for MSRs then.  Lots of bolt rifles everywhere though.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top