baseball cap
sunglasses
surgical mask
surgical gloves
silly hawaiian shirt

nobody says a word.

i'm really liking 2021 so far.
View Quote

My bank requires hat and sunglasses removed for cameras.  Not kidding.  Only mouth and nose covering allowed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i've been going into the bank regularly wearing:

baseball cap
sunglasses
surgical mask
surgical gloves
silly hawaiian shirt

nobody says a word.

i'm really liking 2021 so far.
View Quote

I moved here from UK during Covid.

I used to be on facebook and kept in touch with guys back there.

I remember, the day after getting my first CCW - donning a mask and checking my CZ75 and spare mag were concealed before popping into the bank. I did post it and commented on the irony of it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:38:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

My bank requires hat and sunglasses removed for cameras.  Not kidding.  Only mouth and nose covering allowed.
View Quote
tell the 'tards working at the bank:  did you just assume my gender?!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I moved here from UK during Covid.

I used to be on facebook and kept in touch with guys back there.

I remember, the day after getting my first CCW - donning a mask and checking my CZ95 and spare mag were concealed before popping into the bank. I did post it and commented on the irony of it.
View Quote
welcome to merica.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought it was hilarious, a jewelry shop I passed by had a masks mandatory sign on the window.
View Quote

I now stop and get out of the car to enter the bank, instead of using the drive thru. Hat, sunglasses and mask.
It's really funny watching the reactions of fear and indecision.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#6]
It's time to freak Karen out.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Serious question. I’ve not been inside of a bank in years, do they allow mask wearing people inside now?
View Quote

Sure do. I told a bank employee that I never thought I’d be required to wear a mask in a bank. She said they weren’t thrilled about it but so far they haven’t had any problems. Said it’s only a matter of time
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I now stop and get out of the car to enter the bank, instead of using the drive thru. Hat, sunglasses and mask.
It's really funny watching the reactions of fear and indecision.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad I'm not single. Wouldn't want to get it home and then unwrap it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#10]
That and managing your cellphone
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#11]
F that, maybe your and ugly dude but I for one want to be seen
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This thread is fucking sad. Its really sad and pathetic the amount of members who enjoy wearing masks and lining up for vaccines and supporting this bullshit.
View Quote

The same mask that OSHA requires me to wear at work (for certain jobs), anyway?

I'm not lining up for what is essentially a beta test of a vaccine.

If you watched the live streams of various "peaceful protests" from last year, you could see that the morons eventually figured out that respirators come in handy when the air quality is... less than ideal.  It was amazing how slowly they seemed to figure it out, though.  Maybe they just couldn't figure out where to buy them, since 'occupational safety equipment' is something people tend to learn about by having a job.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I think the mask "mandates" are bullshit, but if I were to attend an anti-left event/protest I will wear a mask due to the left's propensity for doxxing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If you watched the live streams of various "peaceful protests" from last year, you could see that the morons eventually figured out that respirators come in handy when the air quality is... less than ideal.  It was amazing how slowly they seemed to figure it out, though.  Maybe they just couldn't figure out where to buy them, since 'occupational safety equipment' is something people tend to learn about by having a job.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread is fucking sad. Its really sad and pathetic the amount of members who enjoy wearing masks and lining up for vaccines and supporting this bullshit.

Thats different. I too have PPE I have to wear to do my job. I'm talking about face masks people wear because the democrats lied to them about a virus,
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I wear a mask when I sleep.  Don't get any quality sleep without it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thats different. I too have PPE I have to wear to do my job. I'm talking about face masks people wear because the democrats lied to them about a virus,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A year ago, if I had walked into Kroger to buy groceries while wearing a half face respirator, I would have expected the cops to be called, or at least be tossed out of the store.  Since the beginning of April, I haven't set foot in a store without wearing a half face respirator, and nobody has said a word to me about it.  I've even seen a few posts about people wearing surplus gas masks in stores, with nothing more than a few odd looks.

Think of it as something like an open carry protest, where even the democrats can see the blatant hypocrisy if they dare to suggest that your behavior is the slightest bit out of the ordinary.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#17]
When I was a kid, all the bad guys wore masks.
In the westerns, the guys with the black hats always wore a hankerchief covering their face.
The bank robbers and muggers always had on ski masks
The strong arm bandits wore stockings over their faces.

It it was a few months back I found myself standing in a bank...ski hat, sun glasses, mask, and a loaded sidearm in my holster....I thought to myself that 10 month prior that kinda thing could get a guy shot. Now...it's perfectly normal.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey have other tools to identify you so that mask isn’t doing shit....
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wonder how hard it would be to change those LED's to something IR. IR screws with most camera's pretty hard, making digital evidence of your identity even harder...
View Quote

Hmmm...that's interesting.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#20]
If conservatives pushed for more mask mandates, masks would soon be illegal.

You're all doing it wrong
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My liberal 20 yr old SIL was visiting for the holidays.
She accompanied me on a trip to a Rural King...in a rural area.

About only half of the people were wearing masks I guess, because she kept commenting on it

I tried to ignore her little comments while I searched wiper blades and winter weight bar oil, etc... but she did have a good one:

SIL: I don't understand why ugly people WOULDN'T wear a mask, I mean, don't they want to hide their ugly faces?

Me: That's actually a good point.

(My SIL is kinda ugly FWIW)

Speed
View Quote

Pic of SIL?

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pic of SIL?

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Pic of SIL?

View Quote

Lol...no.

it's weird enough that my sil is more than half my age. If she was actually attractive I might post pics. The fact that she looks like a younger, but just as frumpy, supreme court justice Sotamayor means I would never, ever post pictures of the poor girl.

Speed
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Off to buy a helmet....

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Best neck gaiter or face mask for grey man that offers good defense to facial recognition software?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm not joking.  You should all embrace masks.  The anonymity is great.  I hope the mask thing stays for a long time.  

There was a time, not long ago, that wearing masks was criminal.

You don't have to do it all of the time, but remember there are times it will be helpful.  Blending in to a sea of people is nice.  Keep one with you at all times, though.

It will be helpful in the times to come.

If you go to a rally/protest, masks should be considered mandatory.  No exceptions, moving forward.  Wear them from the time you arrive until the time you leave.  Don't take them off.

Just an opinion and something for the non-masker crowd (no judgement) to think about.  

Remember, many of you are considered domestic terrorists now.
View Quote

I have been feeling the same too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Best neck gaiter or face mask for grey man that offers good defense to facial recognition software?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I cover past the tops of my ears with a shemagh in coyote tan.  I often wear sunglasses but they tend to fog so I have to breathe through my mouth and blow downward.

Also putting a smooth pebble in alternating shoes for the gait recognition.

I act suspicious in the grocery stores and cough frequently as well.  They put the signs up, so F them.  Haven't taken the 5 finger discount yet, but am thinking about it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Facial recognition AI can "see through" most masks.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Just don't know how to wrap my mind around this message ?

Sarcasm maybe .   But that meter is broken at this time .

But not planning to go to any protests or riots so guess   that it's ok .

gd
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#31]
This is my new look

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:34:37 PM EDT
[#33]

If the end result is normalization of wearing plates and open carry of long arms...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://sav3-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/14162740/AmericanFlag1-800x800.jpg

That is NOT grey man.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Only useful purpose I have seen is they do keep my face a little warmer in the winter time. Wind chill is more tolerable. Ha. I actually find myself pulling up my face mask at work when out on the roof working alone. Cold up there in the winter time
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That is NOT grey man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://sav3-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/14162740/AmericanFlag1-800x800.jpg

That is NOT grey man.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#37]
I don't know about masks but I am aiming for total social distancing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Please keep us informed.

Way back - in UK - while waiting for a place on a training course, expected to be about 12 months.......I decided to drive a double decker bus in NW London.

Pull up to bus stop. Lady in full burka / niquab / dish dash boards. Holds up her bus pass. The photo is of someone wearing a full burka / niquab / dish dash

I politely refused to accept it. I was told I was racist. I tried to explain that the purpose of the pic was to confirm it was her pass.

At this point the lady who had accused me of racism told me I was a dirty Irish cnut

Passengers on bus get irate and eject her. I carried on. Buses arrive on that route every 8 mins during rush hour. In the canteen later, I discover she was refused entry to 5 buses before giving up.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#39]
I have no need or desire to hide my face.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you go to a rally/protest, masks should be considered mandatory.  No exceptions, moving forward.  Wear them from the time you arrive until the time you leave.  Don't take them off.
View Quote

Antifa has learned this well. Charges have been dropped because of the uniformity of outfits makes ID dodgy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Ever been Raving?
Masks hide the teeth clenching when on E.

I love being a asshole to people with my mask on.
I hold the door with my foot so you dont have to touch it and you dont say anything.
I let you know it. Its great being Anon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Combine them with sunglasses that block IR light and you defeat facial recognition. Just saying.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wear a shemagh.

Wear it like this, and hardly anyone pays any attention.

Wear it like this, and people stare.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Allow it, they demand it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question. I’ve not been inside of a bank in years, do they allow mask wearing people inside now?

Allow it, they demand it!

The banks here won't let you in if you don't have a mask on.

TN has not had a statewide mask mandate throughout this whole farce.

Many cities and counties have, though. Thankfully, my county is not one of them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Walking into a bank while wearing a mask and carrying a gun, feels weird.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#46]
We with some shades, I don't get stopped by family, former co workers, etc to chit chat..I like it, simply for not having to talk to people.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Better work on your pimp limp shuffle or biometric gait recognition will get you
View Quote
Easiest fix in the world, put a rock or something in one shoe.
Vary it as needed.
Tall shoe, short shoe.
Knee brace.
Pencil skirt (mask comes in handy cross dressing, so i'm told)
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Hey idiots, take off those stupid masks!
The government is lying to you!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That is NOT grey man.
View Quote
up here it is.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top