Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Same thing happened to that gay guy that started the "WalkAway" movement of people leaving the Democrat/left side. He had over 500,000 members with posts and videos of those members giving testimony as to why they "left the left". FB deleted the group and banned him and all of the staff of the group.

The group was not 2A related at all, it was just people that don't like the Dems/Left.

ETA: I'm still on FB, there are some paramotor related groups and a couple other non-political groups I'm in. There's a meme group that I'm a bit passive in that's on probably the third iteration as others got banned. I also use the Chat client with a few friends.

Well, a few minutes ago, the chat desktop app kicked me off and popped up some warning saying "you posted personally intimate images" with no reference to anything. I'm still signed in to FB in a browser and it works fine. I clicked through the warning thing and Chat reloaded. I'm baffled. I posted some memes, but nothing nude or "personally intimate". (no, I have never sent dick picks to anyone, so don't bother asking, you fiends! YOU AIN'T SEEIN MY DICK!)

OH I SEE WHY they punted me momentarily. I posted a meme that has a couple mostly nude (but blurred out) pictures of Hunter Biden, with his mom's tweet saying "Decency is on the ballot". LMAO
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I dumped Facebook in 2010. There is nothing redeeming there. Or Twitter. Or the rest.

Leave, get your family and friends to leave, starve the beast.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It's only a matter of time until the FBI starts digging through our social media to find and label "extremists" so they can confiscate all your sticks and prevent you from ever buying another gun. Not too mention the inevitable gun control laws that are coming. All the dems need is one more mass shooting to give it the push they need.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
And now I'm on mewe.
What else should I join?
What is safe from the reach of our tech/liberal/oligarch overlords?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People who were truly paying attention have seen this Pixelnacht coming for years.

They were fools to still be on facebook.  Now they pay the price for their lack of vision.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
People who were truly paying attention have seen this Pixelnacht coming for years.

Quoted:
Several Trump groups, Back The Blue groups, and Walk Away from democrats have been disappeared.

They were fools to still be on facebook.  Now they pay the price for their lack of vision.

Actually, it's a favor.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:46:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And now I'm on mewe.
What else should I join?
What is safe from the reach of our tech/liberal/oligarch overlords?
View Quote

Gab is doing well now. It got really overloaded recently, but it keeps improving day by day. Lots of freedom loving conservatives on it. Fire up new groups there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:46:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not on FB but was kicked off Twitter. Too right wing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#11]
How going back to Myspace?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

BS,

Whatever did we do before Fakebook?
View Quote

That's not nearly as cogent a question as what we'll do after it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nothing.

You'll do nothing.  You won't organize.  You won't coordinate with likeminded people.  You won't share information.   You won't be able to do anything.  Just like Facebook wants it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever will you do without 4000 fakefriends?

Nothing.

You'll do nothing.  You won't organize.  You won't coordinate with likeminded people.  You won't share information.   You won't be able to do anything.  Just like Facebook wants it.

Stop projecting.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad I got off there years ago
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:00:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I quit Facebook probably 6 or more years ago but my wife was still on it. She got two back to back bans with no clear reason, but I have to assume it was because of groups she was in. I’m pretty pumped about it because the second one finally pissed her off enough to delete that garbage and now I don’t have to listen to her complain about the stupid crap liberals post on there. My only regret is that she found lots of good deals on used toys and clothes for the kids in our local yard sale group. People need to migrate back to Craigslist or something similar.

Also, I got sent to Culpepper to do some work at the Euro plant up there probably a year or so ago, really nice area. They told me it was in northern VA so I assumed it was going to be some dc suburb hellhole and was pleasantly surprised when we got there and the first person we spoke to asked if we were into guns and started showing us videos on his phone of his binary trigger mag dumps. Had a good time up there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nothing.

View Quote

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not, but if it isn’t you should pop in to your hometown forum and if there isn’t a meet up already going in your area, start one. I just went to one last weekend (and I’m a non paying 20er) and we had probably close to 15 people show up and had a great time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not, but if it isn’t you should pop in to your hometown forum and if there isn’t a meet up already going in your area, start one. I just went to one last weekend (and I’m a non paying 20er) and we had probably close to 15 people show up and had a great time.
View Quote

I went to one and gave away baofengs last weekend.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Damn, your and your employees livelihoods depend on Zuckerberg?  

View Quote
If you ever have the opportunity to build a company, you might better understand.

Our livelihood doesn't depend on Facebook, but they provide better ad targeting than any other online platform. We make a lot of money, from clients that are most cost-efficiently found through Facebook ads.

The underlying issue that most normies are missing here, is that Facebook receives government protection for their censorship. This is an antitrust issue to some extent. They are the only ones who can provide the ads we need, and they discriminate against businesses based on political affiliation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Myspace was also ubiquitous at one point. Something else will come along.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's not nearly as cogent a question as what we'll do after it.
View Quote

Go back to not giving a damn about people that we haven’t seen IRL in 20+ years.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:36:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Whenever I hear of someone using fakebook the first thing I think is "They're idiots.  Ray Charles coulda seen this coming years ago."  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I quit Facebook probably 6 or more years ago but my wife was still on it. She got two back to back bans with no clear reason, but I have to assume it was because of groups she was in. I’m pretty pumped about it because the second one finally pissed her off enough to delete that garbage and now I don’t have to listen to her complain about the stupid crap liberals post on there. My only regret is that she found lots of good deals on used toys and clothes for the kids in our local yard sale group. People need to migrate back to Craigslist or something similar.

Also, I got sent to Culpepper to do some work at the Euro plant up there probably a year or so ago, really nice area. They told me it was in northern VA so I assumed it was going to be some dc suburb hellhole and was pleasantly surprised when we got there and the first person we spoke to asked if we were into guns and started showing us videos on his phone of his binary trigger mag dumps. Had a good time up there.
View Quote

Huh, I've also done some work there. Probably a different field though. I tend to fix things that have little gears and such.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If you ever have the opportunity to build a company, you might better understand.

Our livelihood doesn't depend on Facebook, but they provide better ad targeting than any other online platform. We make a lot of money, from clients that are most cost-efficiently found through Facebook ads.

The underlying issue that most normies are missing here, is that Facebook receives government protection for their censorship. This is an antitrust issue to some extent. They are the only ones who can provide the ads we need, and they discriminate against businesses based on political affiliation.
View Quote

I have, two as a matter of fact.

Neither depended on FB, nor have I ever had a FB account.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I dumped Facebook in 2010. There is nothing redeeming there. Or Twitter. Or the rest.

Leave, get your family and friends to leave, starve the beast.

View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm joining Trump's social media on day #1.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's only a matter of time until the FBI starts digging through our social media to find and label "extremists" so they can confiscate all your sticks and prevent you from ever buying another gun. Not too mention the inevitable gun control laws that are coming. All the dems need is one more mass shooting to give it the push they need.
View Quote
Before 2022 guaranteed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Regroup on MeWe, Locals, Gab and the like.
View Quote

Mewe sucks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I had a fake name using an old email account and got kicked off last week during the purge. Message said I violated terms of use for posting something they didn't approve. Funny thing is, I've never posted with that account in 5+ years.
View Quote

You were never the Customer, you were the Product.

They don't see you as being anything different than an apple that is half-rotten. They don't want to be in the business of selling rotten apples.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#31]
For 2000th time....when are y'all going to learn the get the fuck off FB?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I dumped FB a few days ago.
View Quote

2010 for me.  I had been on there for maybe 2 years max.  Once you exhaust the supply of divorcees you knew in high school, there's no more use for it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
And I actually haven't personally posted much of anything in weeks or months. Other admins of this group were also kicked off facebook. I'm hearing similar things from other non-gun groups who do not support democrats. This seems to be an attempt to disable the people do the work to organize. Disable the people who organize, destroy the organization. Unless somebody else steps up to do the job. Or we adapt.
I always figured using a structure that was set up by people who actually are against us, could be a problem. Here we are.
This particular group had already started moving to mewe.
Culpeper County Second Amendment.
View Quote

The left has been attacking organizers for years.

Part way through Obungo's time in office they started getting rather sophisticated with finding connections between people and organizations and fucking with them; it wasn't just the IRS, but also the EPA and a bunch of other departments.

Now big tech is doing more of the same, but better.

Using FB was a bad move in the first place.  Stop being lazy and do the work to organize yourself, rather than leaning on free services from hostile companies.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:32:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Gab is doing well now. It got really overloaded recently, but it keeps improving day by day. Lots of freedom loving conservatives on it. Fire up new groups there.
View Quote

It has been doing pretty good.

I'm always curious, and today I got to wondering how you leave a group. I guess I found the function because I was suddenly out of the ARFCOM group.

There's a lot of good stuff on GAB. I think it's a pretty cool platform. Once you figure out who to follow and who to unfollow, anyway.

My favorite follow is National File. I had never heard of them. In any case, they don't overdo it. They don't post and re-post every two minutes.

I never did Twitter. All these people are leaving Twitter because of them throwing Trump off. If his account was unlocked right now, he'd be right back on it. That's fact.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:48:12 PM EDT
[#36]
FB screwy tonight.  Logging people out.  Some are told they can’t log in right now to keep from posting too much.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:50:27 PM EDT
[#37]
GAB is real screwy tonight, too. If you try to make a change in your profile, it throws you off immediately. It's really getting on my nerves.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:54:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Happened to me back in July.

2 Accounts permanuked in the same day.  14 groups I Administered gone
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#39]
This battle will be won or lost in the courts.  These platforms cannot keep hiding behind section 230 shielding when they are absolutely curating content.  Even worse, they are discriminating against civil right groups.

We need to be money bombing SAF.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
GAB is real screwy tonight, too. If you try to make a change in your profile, it throws you off immediately. It's really getting on my nerves.
View Quote

Weird.  I need to get over to gab.  I’m only on fb bc od some family and networking for rescue.  It’s really the best platform for all the groups.  But even they are now getting msgs that their transport page is against fb standards.  I think a lot will be shut down soon.  Fb hates animal welfare, but pedos are ok.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#41]
The fact that Facebook has access to other sites you visit and monitors all your activities on numerous devices even when you aren't logged into Facebook leads me to believe that this will happen more.     Even if you didn't post "wrong think"  you maybe also viewed a survival forum or looked at an item for sale at Midway USA  on a device you logged into on Facebook 3 years ago..... and boom you are gone because they can guess which side you are on.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#42]
I had built a large following on FB for my daily photography output. I self-removed a couple of weeks ago. A lot of people have contacted me and asked me to come back. But... FUCK MARK FUCKERBERG, THAT EVIL ROBOTIC PIECE OF SHIT. Would love to see his corpse hanging one day as a traitor to the republic that gave his stolen dreams wings.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Weird.  I need to get over to gab.  I’m only on fb bc od some family and networking for rescue.  It’s really the best platform for all the groups.  But even they are now getting msgs that their transport page is against fb standards.  I think a lot will be shut down soon.  Fb hates animal welfare, but pedos are ok.
View Quote

TTJHatt
I signed up for gab tonight. It was kind of weird for a bit, doing things that didn't make sense and were pretty frustrating. "That is not the correct password." "That email is already in use." I kept at it. 416remmag
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:19:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Gab has groups now apparently so maybe it can help fill the void.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:33:24 AM EDT
[#45]
GAB sucks. It has nothing for my hobbies that I used FB for.
I have stopped using it, but there is no alternative right now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:10:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
GAB sucks. It has nothing for my hobbies that I used FB for.
I have stopped using it, but there is no alternative right now.
View Quote

How about mewe?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:11:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Zuck Fuckerberg
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:19:22 AM EDT
[#48]
I suggest trying to migrate your group over to Freedom Lake, it is a Texas based facebook alternative.

Open Carry Texas had the same thing happen to them and that is where they moved too.

https://freedomlake.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_6lv4e6dDs

Bonus is they don't care if you post guns and accessories for sale there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#49]
In late October, just before the election I got locked out of Facebook for 30 days because of a Hillary Clinton meme i posted... in 2016

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:40:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Social media is a sewer in general.  I’m happier without it.  Not looking to replace Facebook with anything, really.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top