[#1]
I'm not shaving my beard.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not shaving my beard.
View Quote

In my experience a 3M half-face mask with appropriate cartridges for hydrochloric acid, a conservative trim on the beard is not an issue.

HCl is 87X worse than the bullshit China flu
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:14:46 AM EDT
[#3]
My company brought our Germans here to the US to build our American made factory in PA. We are shitting out about a million masks a week, the first 5 months all have been sold to the US govt already and we are taking orders now for masks. Contracts of 2 years or more and quantities of 500k are encouraged.

And we can beat damn near anything price wise, but like the ammo shortages, agencies order and then demand their product in weeks when they wait till the last min.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't seen the 3M N-95 masks in the big box stores in more than a year. I see lots of those Chinese KN-95 masks and cheapo disposable surgical type masks.

I have seen these round N-100 filters in the stores and online, but you need the rubber mask that fits these filters. I grabbed some in the summer when I touched up the paint on my mom's bumper.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:05:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I have heard that only medical personnel in high-risk areas should using N95s, I have been using the plain, ordinary PM 2.5 masks that you buy at the 99¢ Stores.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:44:45 AM EDT
[#6]
n95 with the valves are called "easy breathers" or something like that.  N95 is a rating, not a mask name or model number.

I guess the .gov is going to make me shave as well???   Masks don't work if you have a bread.

Guess OSHA doesn't have a say anymore on mask usage?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:46:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
n95 with the valves are called "easy breathers" or something like that.  N95 is a rating, not a mask name or model number.

I guess the .gov is going to make me shave as well???   Masks don't work if you have a bread.

Guess OSHA doesn't have a say anymore on mask usage?
View Quote

And formation at 0400 see you tomorrow comrade
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:48:19 AM EDT
[#8]
By the time you need an N95 or above you need eye protection. Then theres the fact N95 does not work on virus size stuff. It was printed as such on older N95's made by 3M
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:50:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
N95s have an exhalation valve, allowing the user to spread filth wherever they breath.

They protect the user from filth.

Does not fit the BS narrative of I wear the mask to protect everybody.

View Quote

True spac N95 do not have a valve. There are plenty claiming N95 that do though. Read there description most will say they use N95 type materials.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:25:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So, the CDC says N95 are ok and protect you and everybody else, so the public buys N95.

How many of these masks do you think you will see the public wearing, thinking they are protecting everybody?

And how many morons, calling other people morons, think a bandana does anything?

View Quote

Given how effectively covid is spread by touch I'm going to say that an N95 isn't much more effective than a bandana unless you have good mask discipline (never touching the outside of it, for a start) which most people do not.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:26:48 AM EDT
[#11]
There are only 2 kinds of people who still believe the Covid Hoax. The ignorant and the stupid.
Take off that stupid mask!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:30:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
N95s have an exhalation valve, allowing the user to spread filth wherever they breath.

View Quote

Of course this helps the mask bros narrative-"hur dur we all needs to wear muh N95". Can't wait for Tyvek suits and gloves to be pushed with masks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:20:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've heard the "viruses don't have wings!" argument before and think it's stupid reasoning. It's the equivalent of saying "a cork can't swim", but throwing a bucket of corks into a flowing river. Our bodies are constantly pumping in and out large volumes of moisture rich particles every minute. If moisture escapes then would the virus.

My wife is a respiratory therapist and used to conduct PPE mask fitting when she worked in hospitals.  She says N95 masks are useless unless fitted properly.  They leak around the edges, especially with anyone who has facial hair ... in those cases theybhave to be fitted with full-head respirators, which have a clear face cover and a hose out the back, connecting to a belt-worn filter cartridge. (like the ones worn by people who spray paint all day).

If your mask is not fitted properly then doing the cough/sneeze test you suggested will blow smaller plumes of particles around the poorly fitting areas of the mask. Anyone standing to your sides or in the direction of air current will still be exposed to whatever that wearer happens to cough/sneeze.

My RT wife also said N95 masks are designed to be worn one 8hr shift then discarded. The polyethylene fabric gets saturated at that point (with moisture and bacteria/viruses) and you are then presenting more risk to yourself and everyone else (plus the filtering efficiency drops AND they become harder to breathe through - causing higher blood sat. of CO2 and Hypoxia - particularly troubling for anyone with anemia whose blood already has less capacity for carrying oxygen without the reduced input caused by mask wearing).

If you get a headache whenever you wear a mask, as most hospital workers reportedly do, then the mask is causing Hypoxia. And please, If you find wearing a mask gives you frequent migraines then stop wearing them!  

IMO The N95 proposal is just a cover story before the accuracy of testing is quietly improved, resulting in a dramatic drop in the number of positive cases. They have to give some reason for why there will be a sudden improvement in the population... and

Right now there are a massive number of false-positive cases of CoVID-19. The WHO now recognizes this and is saying that the number of amplification steps (Ct) in the PCR test is too high (now 37 - 40 Ct), but experts warned early last year that 30 Ct would be more suitable/accurate. (See here:  https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/11/no_author/the-covid-19-rt-pcr-test-how-to-mislead-all-humanity-using-a-test-to-lock-down-society/ )
...I would put money on them quietly reducing the amplification cycles to 30-32 within the next 3 months, then claiming "WE BEAT IT!", as the CoVID-19 cases plummet.

So, unless Biden is going to supply everyone with enough N95 masks for every 8hrs they are in public, then he will be creating a greater danger for everyone.

FYI:
An easy demonstration for mask effectiveness is to be physically active (ie: walking etc) in a cold dark environment.  By placing a light to on side you'll (most likely) see the fog of your exhaled breath or the venting from a cough/sneeze.  If water vapor (1um/1000nm typ.) can get out then the much smaller SARS-Cov2/CoVID-19 (60nm to 140nm) would definitely be able to get through.
View Quote

Tell your wife that there's numerous studies on the efficacy of using masks more than 1x or rotating them so that by the next time they're worn the virus is inactive.

Efficacy studies by actual doctors with education beyond that of a 40k/yr respiratory therapist show your wife is wrong.

The idea that people wearing N95's are at higher risk then people breathing in free air is downright laughable.

As posted by someone here earlier - and lines up with exactly what you'd expect based on simple high school level Physics.
https://msphere.asm.org/content/5/5/e00637-20
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:24:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had N95s on order from Global Industrial for seven months....My order remains "pending".
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm not shaving just so I can wear one. Get fucked commies.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

True spac N95 do not have a valve. There are plenty claiming N95 that do though. Read there description most will say they use N95 type materials.
View Quote

every N95 maker has versions with a valve

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Tell your wife that there's numerous studies on the efficacy of using masks more than 1x or rotating them so that by the next time they're worn the virus is inactive.

Efficacy studies by actual doctors with education beyond that of a 40k/yr respiratory therapist show your wife is wrong.

The idea that people wearing N95's are at higher risk then people breathing in free air is downright laughable.

As posted by someone here earlier - and lines up with exactly what you'd expect based on simple high school level Physics.
https://msphere.asm.org/content/5/5/e00637-20
View Quote

Fucking go away with your mask doomerisms.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Yes there are but the most common are without valves. I have no idea where anyone got the idea that it was only either or, maybe FB or twitter?

The problem is the cheap China knockoffs labeled as N95 that are not or everyone now making worthless boutique masks claiming theirs is better.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Don't forget the more viral, more deadly UK strain.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The new variants show up to about 80% greater transmission. By March the most populous will be new variants - Brazil, California, whatever variant.

Don't forget the more viral, more deadly UK strain.

The variant is more matched to our bodies. It's Not Smaller.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#20]
not enough N95's around for everyone to wear.

I have a stash of about 5 that I use when i travel for work by air.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
as a Haz Mat Tech . an N95 is considered a respirator and would require a respirator fit test before an employer could require you to wear it.
View Quote
Forget everything you've been taught...by the government...

Thats was different.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/rmwZ5wk7/n95.jpg

If you just say N95, you will not protect.

Just like the cloth face covering being 0% effective, but equal to everything else.  There is a standard to follow or it is all just BS.

You decide.

View Quote
Bullshit.  That mask protects the wearer just like it was designed to do and as well as an N95 without a valve

The lie is that PPE protects other people.  It doesn't. Never has, never will.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#23]
probably should get a bunch of bandanas printed up to say N95 on them...or NC-1701
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fuck it. If anyone on any public payroll from the POTUS to the assistant dog catcher in Frog Crotch MS told me the sky was blue, I'd drop what I was doing and look for my umbrella.  And that goes double for anyone connected with public health in any capacity.  I hope every goddamn one of them dies screaming from fulminating ass cancer.  And soon.  Very soon.
View Quote
Jesus, tell us how you really feel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:25:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Jesus, tell us how you really feel.
View Quote

LOL spicey!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Bullshit.  That mask protects the wearer just like it was designed to do and as well as an N95 without a valve

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like the cloth face covering being 0% effective, but equal to everything else.  There is a standard to follow or it is all just BS.

You decide.

Well, a valved N95 will still reduce the amount of exhaled particulates (those that contact the inside of the mask) and what does come out will be slowed down and directed downwards.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:19:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, a valved N95 will still reduce the amount of exhaled particulates (those that contact the inside of the mask) and what does come out will be slowed down and directed downwards.
View Quote
Who gives a shit?

PPE protects the wearer. The wearer of a valved N95 is just as protected.  

If you want to be protected, protect yourself.  Take responsibility for yourself. Thats it.  Thats how all PPE works.

If your personal evaluation of risk is different, thats cool too.

The truth is the government wasn't prepared for this and didn't have stockpiles of PPE that would actually work, so it took them a month of thinking to come up with this idiocy that you wearing an improvised mask that doesn't protect you, protects others.  Despite decades of government regulation, training and guidance that states exactly the opposite.  Had to keep the masses busy thinking they were doing something.

Its science or something.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Who gives a shit?

PPE protects the wearer. The wearer of a valved N95 is just as protected.  

If you want to be protected, protect yourself.  Take responsibility for yourself. Thats it.  Thats how all PPE works.

If your personal evaluation of risk is different, thats cool too.

The truth is the government wasn't prepared for this and didn't have stockpiles of PPE that would actually work, so it took them a month of thinking to come up with this idiocy that you wearing an improvised mask that doesn't protect you, protects others.  Despite decades of government regulation, training and guidance that states exactly the opposite.  Had to keep the masses busy thinking they were doing something.

Its science or something.

View Quote

So it’s not PPE but OPPENHEIMER.  Kind of like a naughty by nature song, but even more dumb.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You decide.

I’m gin guy to need a citation.  Because the posters at work state that valued masks aren’t allowed because of reasons.  Clearly somebody (cough, everybody) is making this shit up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You decide.

Not so much from China virus but isn't that why surgeons and anybody in a sterile field wear PPE?
(to protect the patient from infection from Dr/Nurses).

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#31]
where would all these people even get n95 masks? I haven't seen a legit one for sale in about a year now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:46:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m sure I’m not the first but not all n95/n100 have vents. Problem is they’re almost unobtainable so unless you have a connection or have a supply, you’re shit of luck.

There are alternatives like the ChiCom K95 masks but have not seen independent testing they meet the standard and of course they’re ChiCom.

NineLune sells a “n95 like” mask with replacement filters. Again, no independent testing to verify.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not so much from China virus but isn't that why surgeons and anybody in a sterile field wear PPE?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You decide.

PPE would only be a part of the protocols for not contaminating the subject of surgery (or subject xyz in a sterile field).

The burden of protection of the subject from contamination would normally fall on the subject, but during surgery, PPE would get in the way of the surgery.

Think about it like this instead: Yes, some of the PPE in an operating room is specifically to protect people who aren't the subject, and some of that PPE also prevents contamination of the subject, but how are you going to perform surgery if the surgeon can't get to the wound site?

I don't think this is comparable, and I know it isn't when all the rest of the protocols are included.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:52:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
By the time you need an N95 or above you need eye protection. Then theres the fact N95 does not work on virus size stuff. It was printed as such on older N95's made by 3M
View Quote

This is incorrect. If you actually look at the performance specification for N95 masks like the 3M one, you would see that they have their *worst* filtration at 0.3 microns. The ChinaIsAsshoe virus is .15 microns meaning that an N95 is MORE effective than 95% at filtering it out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, because covering the big gaping incision in your chest well enough to protect it seems impractical and likely counter productive.

If they were really worried about bacteria etc. entering the surgical field wouldn't they have surgical staff wear N95s or some other close fitting respirator?  It's not like they are new.   Even the recent testing has shown that the equivalent of surgical masks aren't very effective.  Keeping in mind that the bare minimum for "effective" is literally 95% reduction of particles in the maximum penetrative size of .3 micron.    That standard is the governments own number, hence the NIOSH N95 standard.  That's the standard that an employer would be required to meet in a work environment that had identified respirator hazards present.

The other thing to think about here is that we have been running nation wide experiment for almost a year.   Mask wearing has been pretty steady around here and yet the infection rates ebb and flow suggesting masks aren't very effective.  They certainly aren't definitive protection.   Which is exactly the standard that all of us that have training in the field of respiratory protection know is the required level.

The government isn't following it's own rules, because they can't.   Improvised masks are probably better than no mask, but don't for a second believe that they are adequate.  It's a lie.

If you can, wear an N95.  I don't give a shit if it has a valve because protecting everyone else is everyone else's problem.  In the community protection scheme all it takes is one asshole to infect everyone.   Don't be the asshole that falls for that bullshit.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top