Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a insurance bump.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^ First off, the link in the post above is total BS. It's a site run by a Karen on a crusade because she got bit by a dog while she was jogging once. Her statistics are made-up.

Second, a DNA test is the only way to tell what breeds your dog is.

"Pit" is like "assault weapon". It means whatever someone says it means.  Pretty much any randomly-bred mutt gets stuck with the label. While there is an actual pitbull breed, it's unlikely that most of the people posting in this thread have ever actually seen one. I never have, not even at dog shows.

Whatever she is, I hope she turns out to be as good as the one that followed me home a couple years ago.
View Quote
Yep.  Love your dog Ben (? correct) and you.  No homo on you.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Good job op!  Hope your new pup is healthy and lives a long life sleeping on your couch.

I found a kitty cat hunkered under our bbq last week.  Thank god the dogs didn't hear me come through the gate or they'd have found it first.   I took it to a couple neighbors who said it was around the neighborhood but they didnt know who belonged to it. I put it down and it followed me home.  Unfortunately the dogs figured out I was home and were at the gate waiting for me.  Kitty cat left with alacrity. I've seen its tracks in the snow in the driveway a couple times since, and saw it across the street yesterday.  It looked clean and healthy so I think it has a home.  No collar though so not easy to track down.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just proper training socializing. It’ll be like any other dog.
Keep her. Love the colors. Beautiful dog
View Quote

You know, some creatures are born evil and/or with personality disorders (like sociopathy)...

I think some dogs can't be "trained" and/or "socialized" out of how they were bred...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Day 1. We’ve done this before right here on this very site
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
God bless you op , looks like a character and the old English sheep dog is cool as well .
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure it will be a great dog until it isn't.
Hopefully you don't have small children.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Before you kill the dog, try reading about refeeding syndrome first.  Thousands of concentration camp inmates were accidentally killed this way after liberation.

https://vetgirlontherun.com/videos/refeeding-syndrome-dogs-cats-vetgirl-veterinary-continuing-education-videos/
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Very cute puppy, just love them and they will love you back unconditionally.

I don’t care what people say, it’s all how the dag is raised.

I’ve had a few that have been amazing as well as a German Rottweilers, Dachshunds, Pocket Bully, Blue Tick hounds, and many other mutts.

My favorite have been my pits, more personality than any other.

Current dumbass/snuggle buddy/has way too much energy dag  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You know, some creatures are born evil and/or with personality disorders (like sociopathy)...

I think some dogs can't be "trained" and/or "socialized" out of how they were bred...
View Quote

Guess something wrong with my 10 year old pitbull huh?
Zero problems. You an expert in this shit?  

“You gotta ignore ignorance. The less they know the louder they know it.”
Thanks for the quote @BMCBreeder
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm going with yours OP
View Quote

The above Post Nailed It.
OP has a Heart thank you
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Which dogs would those be?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cocker Spaniels. https://www.about-cocker-spaniels.com/rage-syndrome.html
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pit looks child deficit
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Good looking dog, get it to the vet ASAP, and keep it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pit.

View Quote

Pit mutt of some sort
Quoted:
Yours now. Looks happy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Beautiful girl congrats OP.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#19]
A beautiful and grateful dog.  A skinny and hungry dog.  Please be careful feeding.  The stomach can twist.  Just small amounts for now.  Your vet can guide you here.  Sometimes when they are starved their body can react to suddenly eating again so it’s important to not feed high fat etc.  I took one one weighing in at 34 lbs, all bones.  She is over 70 lbs now.  A beautiful black and white staffy.  I fed her a palmful of kibble 4 times a day by hand to keep her from gobbling, increasing each week.

This dog doesn’t look as bad as mine did.  But wanted to pass the warning re feeding.

Thank you for saving!  You will have a loyal friend!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:17:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Love this thread!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Breed of peace. Hide yo kids.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Congrats on the new puppers, OP!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Layla says, "Congrats on your new pupper!"

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
get it checked out by a vet asap.

ideally you should not let it around your other dogs. My GF is a vet and see stuff like this all the time where the "stray" is carrying all kinds of diseases in fungal stuff in their lungs and spreads it to your other pets.

so what you feel like doing is a good thing it may cost you high vet bills or losing one of your other pets taking one in off the street without stopping at the vet's office first
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like a pit mix. Cute pup Raise them right and he should be fine. I have 2 pit mixes (almost 2 and almost 10) and they have been great dags.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:29:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Very cute puppy, just love them and they will love you back unconditionally.

I don’t care what people say, it’s all how the dag is raised.

I’ve had a few that have been amazing as well as a German Rottweilers, Dachshunds, Pocket Bully, Blue Tick hounds, and many other mutts.

My favorite have been my pits, more personality than any other.

Current dumbass/snuggle buddy/has way too much energy dag  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/158973/6796FE2B-E04B-4A32-BE47-1AF6E418A882_jpe-1792019.JPG
View Quote

this my neighbor has a breed of peace dag. As a pup someone hit it so hard it knocked her left eye out, they found her on the doorstep of the pound eye just hanging.

for a bit she was skiddish but quickly learned that humans did not equal pain and aside from the occasional scaring the shit out of her if you sneak up on the left side shes the nicest dog ever. Loves to be pet, loves to play with other dogs, loves to cuddle. a bit clunky lol so sometimes shell run into you with her head and its a damn brick!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Sammy says welcome.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take your pick. Toy & tea cup dogs are often full of shitty attitude, but they don't pack a punch, so no real threat there. OTOH, Staffordshire/PB terriers will catch a lot of attention because they're powerful & can do real damage. I recall back in the day when Dobermans got bad press, but breeding for sound temperament makes a difference.

What breed is your other dog, OP?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#31]
     " />

Congrats on your new dog. Looks like she made herself home.
Love my fat boy. If I cover his ears he looks like a seal lol
Best buddy for sure!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How was all of this info written on a collar?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is an immensely grateful dog...that is what kind it is.  It looks like a pit bull/staffordshire terrier mix.    If you are wise enough to keep it, you will have one of the most loyal dogs on this planet.  Dogs never forget who saved their life.  

I would name it "Delta" after a very famous dog.  I'll look up the story, and come back and edit this post to add the story of Delta to it.

Here is the story of Delta:

In the year 79 A.D. there was a cataclysmic volcanic eruption of  Mount Vesuvius near the ancient city of Pompeii. Pompeii was a large trading port and home to many thousands of people. Everyone in and near the city of Pompeii at the time of the volcanic eruption perished on that fateful day so many centuries ago. The city was discovered under many feet of earth and volcanic ash.

What was eerily unique to this discovery was that the bodies of all the victims decomposed in the packed sediment which left a hollow cavity freezing in time the moment of there deaths, in a sort of 3 dimensional negative image. When another hollow cavity was discovered a cast was made by filling the void with plaster, creating an impression of the last moments of life for another soul. While archaeologists were making plaster casts of these cavities Delta was discovered. The cast of Delta’s body was found lying over the body of a young child. Also found in the bottom of this hollow cavity was a silver engraved collar with the dogs name “Delta” the collar also said that the dogs owner was named Severinus and that Delta had saved his life on three separate occasions

The first time Delta had pulled him out of the sea and saved him from drowning.
The second time Delta had defended Severinus when she fought off 4 attackers who had tried to rob him.
Third she had defended him from a wolf that tried to attack him somewhere near the city of Herculaneum.

Delta the hero dog tried once more (in vain) to save the life of a child, in all likely-hood the child Delta sacrificed her life trying to protect was the sibling of her owner Severinus. Delta may have been unable to save the life of that child but she gave her life trying and even with her dying breath Delta never once thought of herself.

You are very fortunate to have been chosen by this dog.  I accepted a dog that chose me once, and it was indeed a terrific decision.  I was looking at some registered border collie pups in a whelping pen when one of the dogs from a previous litter came up beside me, looked at me, gave me a sniff, and leaned against my leg.  I moved, and the dog moved and again leaned against my leg.  The next time I moved, the dog did the same thing and the breeder said "It looks like you have been chosen by a dog,  rather than you doing the choosing".   So I accepted the suggestion and he turned out to be an absolutely wonderful dog for the next 14.5 years until he went to the rainbow bridge.   I still miss him.

I sure hope you take the hint that the universe has given you.

Written Latin doesn’t use spaces.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#33]
@fooboy look familiar? My in-law's pitbull mix rescue:

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Cool colors. Love the ears lol
View All Quotes
His regular diet of fresh babies keeps the ears healthy

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Good on you OP.... made my day
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Bittersweet update:

Wife posted on Facebook; no one is claiming. We live in a semi rural area ... may have wandered off or been a drop off.

Some neighbors really wanted her and came and got her tonight. They are on a few acres and have plenty of chickens for the doggy to chomp on.

"Lucy" (daughter named her) will be a quarter mile up the road and be very happy.

eta:  Out sheepdog poodle mix (9 mo; not yet neutered) was all up in her business fwiw ... not ready for all that yet
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Awww what a good pup.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yours now. Looks happy.
View Quote

Almost this. Get pup scanned for chip and check local animal shelters/animal services to see if reported missing. If not, then you have anew pup.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:08:35 PM EDT
[#40]
A Russian blue if I’m not mistaken.  

I believe the breed can be raised docile, it takes the right owner. Unfortunately, more often than not, they don’t always have proper upbringing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:14:21 PM EDT
[#41]
That's still a happy update, op.  

I've spent years trashing pit bulls and their owners so of course the universe drops this idiot in our house

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Good on you dude.  Saw from the edit you're giving it to your neighbors. I'd guess you know and trust them.  Glad this pup found a home.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:28:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Good friend has a Pit. Dog absolutely hates being out of sight of their 6-year-old. Dog sleeps on the floor next to the kid's bed every night and follows her everywhere. has already protected her from a wild dog once when she was in their front yard. Lots of good ones out there people never hear about.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guy must have been fast too, to get all that in before the lava got to him.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Growing up we had to get rid of a bird dog (don't remember but I guess some kind of terrier or something) and a great dane. The former was always whacked in the head. The final straw was when the two of them took down a neighbor's calf.

We also got rid of an Irish setter when it snapped a family friend's kids' arm. Nobody saw what happened. They were in another room. Growl. Snap. Cry.

Sometimes dogs (regardless of breed) do dog shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speaking of Pits, my one time room mate brought one home.
It was the most loving puppy and the only dog I've ever seen a dog actually bury a bone.

I ended up giving him away to a friend a few years later and the fucker killed his goat and most of his chickens.
Growing up we had to get rid of a bird dog (don't remember but I guess some kind of terrier or something) and a great dane. The former was always whacked in the head. The final straw was when the two of them took down a neighbor's calf.

We also got rid of an Irish setter when it snapped a family friend's kids' arm. Nobody saw what happened. They were in another room. Growl. Snap. Cry.

Sometimes dogs (regardless of breed) do dog shit.
My dog is the sweetest dog I've ever had. She's great with people and dogs of all sizes.

And she's a ruthless killer of everything else. She kills rabbits, squirrels, moles, mice, birds....basically everything she catches, and she catches a LOT.

It's prey drive, and she's got it, big time. Most of your sporting breeds are the same way. If you have livestock, you lean towards the herding breeds, that aren't bred to chase and kill things.

OP got picked by a dog. See what the vet says about her health, and if she doesn't have a chip/isn't lost, you have a new friend.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agree, although I wouldn't call it "evil" or a "personality disorder". I'd just say it's that some dogs aren't domesticated, and are closer to feral.

It's worth remembering that canus lupus and canus familiarius can mate and have fertile offspring.

The Russian silver fox domestication experiment is worth understanding in this regard. Their selection was successful in creating a lineage of tame silver foxes relatively quickly (~10 generations or so).

When we don't select for tameness, or animals breed without selection (i.e. naturally), we get dogs that aren't nearly as tame. They aren't good with people, but some think that you can love them enough to change them. You can't.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Dog looks starved, forget finding previous owners.
View Quote

This, previous owners prob dumped him/her

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only pitbull looking dogs. No labs or shepherds types at all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Probably be the best dog ever if it got some love and attention.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Ghetto hyena.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top