Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I see safety shit I don’t need and comfort shit I don’t need. Only thing on that list that I really want is dual climate zone control. Key fab and remote start are near standard if you aren’t buying the base model.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I see safety shit I don’t need and comfort shit I don’t need. Only thing on that list that I really want is dual climate zone control. Key fab and remote start are near standard if you aren’t buying the base model.
View Quote

I don't need it but boy do I want it
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The Telluride is one of the nicest looking SUVs on the road.

Fite me
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
At what point does this become shilling?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Telluride is one of the nicest looking SUVs on the road.

Fite me
View Quote

GV80

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Way beyond that now, its almost religion at this point.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#7]
GF has a new Camry; AWD,  heated seats and steering wheel. Doesn’t wipe your ass, but has everything I’d need and it was under $30k. Awesome car.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
GF has a new Camry; AWD,  heated seats and steering wheel. Doesn’t wipe your ass, but has everything I’d need and it was under $30k. Awesome car.
View Quote

K5 is less and more better
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Kinda
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I applaud anyone who has the guts to say publicly they own a Kia. Or a Taurus firearm for that matter. Says you have no shame and humiliation doesn't bother you.
Bravo!
View Quote
I bought a Kia Soul LX during the summer.  Price was right, it was fun to drive, has a good warranty, and a lot of space inside for its size.  There is no shame or humiliation in buying what works.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When it comes to buying stuff I live by a very old Chrysler motto.

More is more.

If I can get more stuff and options for the same price I will go for it.

Just one reason why we probably own as many Rugers as we do.

Even if I was a billionaire, Sure I would have a Rolls Royce,  But instead of going for the phaeton I would just end up getting a ghost with every single option possible.

Super high end watch? I'll just give Credor 750k to make me a one off.

But I'm just middle class, So I have to have more reasonable tastes.

Which is why for cars I like Kia so much, take for example.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/391660/20210121_094155-1791309.jpg

Compared to the Japanese, who are the only other present day automobiles i like, the Koreans give me more for less or equal, For what I want I would typically have to spend a 1000 more dollars to get the revelant options trim for trim.

Is it going to be as refined or reliable? Depends, but long LONG term on a average, no, but im willing to take those Sacrifices.

To me with enough time and effort Value can be an Art form, The Koreans are proof of that, Since 1980 they have been making  Cheaper versions of mid tier products for so long that they became better at it than anyone else, including the Japanese who were the previous masters of such a Technique.

Hyundai group for example spends billions of dollars for new and innovative ways to cheap out, For instance they bought Boston dynamics, yes the robot dog people, in the next few decades they will use their skills to eventually replace all humans in car manufacturing/assembly save for qc, no one else in the industry has even contemplated actually doing that and has only been thought as a impossible dream.

As to why I value "Value" so much?

Don't know for sure, but I blame my Quaker-Freinds upbringing, historically besides the jews, Quakers are incredibly frugal.

Drives me nuts when I see some people with high end clothes stuff when I know that there better quality stuff for 3/4 the cost or less
View Quote

You need to get help, this obsession with a shitty car is not normal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You need to get help, this obsession with a shitty car is not normal.
View Quote

my obsession with cars in general is not normal

there is car enthusiasts and then there is the few like me that are walking dictionaries of esoteric automotive nonsense.

did you know that Pontiac revolutionized OHV design by making the rockers rest on ball pivots instead of a shaft? it made future head designs cheaper and lighter.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:55:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Kinda
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda

What's cool is looking at the design cues and styling.

K5 is German design influences while the Camry is JDM AF.

Both of the above are nice and well designed with quality materials.

THen come take a look at this flaming pile of shit. GM should be ashamed of themselves for even pawning this shit off on americans who bailed their asses out in 2008.

Like seriously...GM and Ford all have shitty interior with shitty materials and shitty designs and engineering. At least the Noodle Bois at Fiat/Chrysler can make a nice interior.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What's cool is looking at the design cues and styling.

K5 is German design influences while the Camry is JDM AF.

https://di-uploads-pod13.dealerinspire.com/toyotaofdowntownla/uploads/2020/03/2020-Toyota-Camry-interior.png

https://www.carscoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2021-Kia-K5-Korean-spec-14.jpg

Both of the above are nice and well designed with quality materials.

THen come take a look at this flaming pile of shit. GM should be ashamed of themselves for even pawning this shit off on americans who bailed their asses out in 2008.

https://www.autotrader.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/2020-Chevrolet-Malibu-.4..jpg?h=235&crop=1&strip=all

Like seriously...GM and Ford all have shitty interior with shitty materials and shitty designs and engineering. At least the Noodle Bois at Fiat/Chrysler can make a nice interior.
View Quote

Damn, almost the same car but Kia went all bulbous buttplug on their arm rest
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
That point was passed loooooooooong time ago. Figured he got a comission on sales by now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#16]
A terrible value is getting raped on trade in or when you want to sell private party.  When kia can get past that they may have something to talk about.  When I see people paying close to full msrp for these new tellurides I cringe...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A terrible value is getting raped on trade in or when you want to sell private party.  When kia can get past that they may have something to talk about.  When I see people paying close to full msrp for these new tellurides I cringe...
View Quote

close to? you mean over, some places are sticking 5k OVER and they still sell

we had a guy from Kentucky come all the way to wester Illinois to look at one we had because we sell them at msrp

and honestly not keeping a modern new car for at least ten years is financially stupid so by the ten year point depreciation does not matter to much.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top