Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
We were in a much worse situation in 2008 than we are now.

They actually won the POTUS with a Marxist intellectual who was a god-like messiah to millions.

They had a 60 seat majority in the Senate until Ted Kennedy finally stopped drinking.

They had a much larger majority in the House.

SCOTUS was even more unreliable than it is now.

They used all their political capital on Obama Care.

Will they use all their political capital on gun control now?

Their window is very narrow.  

They won the country in 2008.

In 2020, they stole it.

If they get rid of the filibuster then all bets are off.  I don't *think* they will be able to, but we are depending on Senators like Manchin..

ETA- 2009
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#2]
they have a plan on this.   but they have more work to do yet, setting all of us up as terrorists and dangerous people.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless some battleground state D senator has a heart attack live on CSpan and is replaced by an R, I would expect gun control. Even if that happens, I would still expect executive orders on gun control.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Kumala's going to ban the import of Ar15's, we'll only be able to buy domestic.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
America FirstTM

The CATO Institute did a study back in the 90s that showed every import ban was supported by American Firearns Manufacturers and they profited and benefited from it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Biden just screwed over a pipefitters union following through on his promise to kill Keystone.  He is going to screw us on guns.  What form that takes is unknown at this time but it is going to happen.  The biggest concern would be if he banned all imports of guns and ammo, only American made going forward.  A stroke of a pen and he can do that.
America FirstTM

The CATO Institute did a study back in the 90s that showed every import ban was supported by American Firearns Manufacturers and they profited and benefited from it.
Domestic manufacturers loved GCA 68.  Mail order cheap milsurp stood in their way to sell Model 70s/700s.

Green Mountain barrel probably snuck a couple hookers with coke into the Bush administration to screw us on former MG barrels (lots of people forget that one, and blame Obama).

The Democrata had far, far stronger majorities in 2009 and didn't touch guns until Sandy Hook.  I think they'll play EO games on imports, basically the next time Putin farts we'll loose Russian ammo. I think they'll roll gun control a little slow unless they get a big juicy shooting.

By my math they may or may not have enough votes for a '94 style ban in the house.  It is VERY close, down to one or two that haven't gone on the record against one, but haven't come out in favor either in purple districts.

Be really, really greatful they got hammered in house seats.  BLM and defund the police gave us a nice present there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Biden won't just come after guns.  Armor, helmets, NV, thermal, and anything military related in civilian hands will be on the list.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
they have a plan on this.   but they have more work to do yet, setting all of us up as terrorists and dangerous people.

View Quote

This I can see happening.  "The AR15 is the weapon of choice among (fill in the current narrative)."

They will try to build up hate and distrust for whatever group they need to cancel and tie AR15 ownership to that group.

Mass shootings will only play into that narrative.

I could see that delaying any legislation until summer.  It does take time for propaganda to do its thing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Look at what the commie has done so far with EO's........the only hope is the filibuster rules are not repealed and the Senate can stop him because he will sign the most draconian anti gun bill(s) we have ever seen if given the chance.

Ammo restrictions/prohibitions will be high on their list also.

Thanks democrats and dumbass nevertrumpers.
View Quote

You're assuming enough senators are on our side.  They will be just as happy to punish us as to punish Trump.  The impeachment trial should give some clues as to who is on our side.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Remember when everyone said Obama was coming for your guns?
Remember the panic of 2008-2009?
Remember post Sandy Hook?

Gun owners are whiney little victim snowflakes just like the left.
View Quote

Retard post of the day nominee.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#10]
With the shit they have planned, they MUST disarm us first.

And since Jan 6th, I bet there is a handful of the Cuck Old Party who are willing to sign onto their anti-2A laws, because they discovered The Right is fed up with their fecklessness, too.

Keystone Pipeline.
1776 Project.

Just like Trump, Xiden is going down the line, or at least his staff is going down the list of promises, checking them off as they destroy the country, while they get rich.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I don't know about victim snowflakes, but Chicken Littles at least.  I can't remember how many times I walked into a gun store during 2008-2016 and heard "buy it before Obama bans it!" ??
View Quote

If you didn't that administration was a threat, you were stupid.  This one is worse.  A lot worse.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We all know that everyone is worried about impending gun control with the Biden administration. As a result, everyone is buying everything, you can’t find anything, and anything you can find is overpriced. But in the scenario that he doesn’t, due to considerations of political fallout or sowing discord, how long would you say before supply and prices to normal? Or do you think that will never happen as long as he is president due to lack of trust in him?
View Quote

Reassured the leftists are coming for the 2A  because they know you cant subjugate armed peasants.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#13]
So they’re not gonna demand muh guns and high cap mags?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
By this time next year prices will have returned to normal.
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#15]
At least 4 - 8 years.    Things might settle down when he's out of office.  If his replacement isn't anti gun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Biden won't just come after guns.  Armor, helmets, NV, thermal, and anything military related in civilian hands will be on the list.
View Quote

His goons will have to pry my sharpened stick out of my cold dead hands...

When Sharpened Sticks are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have Sharpened Sticks!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I remember not being worried through all of that (about gun control, at least).

This is different. Different time, Dems have a different agenda and are playing by different rules.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
gun control will come after the Covid lockdowns.  democrats can't arrange for a mass shooting when we are all at home.
View Quote

No Students in School = No School Shootings!!!

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Biden will come after guns. But he's no fool and will wait for when the optics are right. A school or workplace shooting in a heavily Democrat gun controlled area where the people aren't able to defend themselves will be it.

The man has been in politics for 40 years, he's no fool and he understands how to play the PR game and sway public opinion.
View Quote

He doesn't seem worried about public opinion. He knows the media will provide cover.

If he knew how to play PR games there wouldn't be video of him bragging about firing the Ukrainian prosecutor. He just doesn't have to worry about it, he lives in a world where media and tech will censor the  breaking story about his son's laptop and corruption.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If you didn't that administration was a threat, you were stupid.  This one is worse.  A lot worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know about victim snowflakes, but Chicken Littles at least.  I can't remember how many times I walked into a gun store during 2008-2016 and heard "buy it before Obama bans it!" ??

True.  Plus. It's a totally new world from even 4 years ago, much less 12 years ago.

2008 was puppies and unicorns, as was 20q6... compared to the rabid politically targeted insane agendas and bullshit that infests everything today.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Left has been very different the past few years. I won't be shocked to see them eliminate the need for 60 votes in the senate and attempt to force gun control on a simple majority vote. It's something that could be fought in the courts for quite some time.
View Quote

The 60 vote thing is just senate rules which the senate can change at will. Funny how they so love their rules and don't care about the constitution.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#23]
It took about 2.5 years for things to get back to normal after Sandy Hook. Obama could have pushed gun control harder, but he didn't out of fear of losing additional seats in the House.

At this point, enough Democrats are wanting guns that it may not be as popular a position as many would assume.

But who knows? I guess we'll find out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#24]
If biden dont, the states will
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Join date, post count, underscore.

Alinsky Rule 5 in action.

Hello there, Shareblue.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There were rumors that Obama complained about Biden being an idiot.

Obama hated guns but may have decided that he wasn't going to get burned like Clinton by making a run at guns, having Congress flipped and be out of business passing any other new legislation.

I don't know that Biden's that sharp. He might be better off waiting until the second half of his term to go for a new AWB and not risk flipping Congress, but I think he'll do something immediately. This is a big issue for the California and NYC/Boston/DC urban liberals and I don't think Biden and Harris realize the shit storm they'll kick off with trying with this. Registering every AR and magazine? These are liberal city people who have no idea how many ARs are out there and have probably been told only "super owners" have ARs "not regular hunters" Have you all really Have you all really
View Quote
Have memories gotten so short that everyone has forgotten the gun control push following Sandy hook? Biden and Obama went hard after it. They will again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Obama clearly wasn't rooting for Biden in the primary. I think it was obvious that Harris was his choice, hence the establishment choice, and also why the really, really hate Tulsi. And why Harris ended up on the ticket as VP.

Quoted:
Obama hated guns but may have decided that he wasn't going to get burned like Clinton by making a run at guns, having Congress flipped and be out of business passing any other new legislation.

I didn't expect him to go after guns, Reid and Senate Dems had other priorities. ACA became Obama's big thing, along with banking "reform", but those were really more of interest to the Party (well, the banking thing was in his lane). Obama advanced the Party priorities, not his. Even his initial healthcare talk was a response to Clinton.

Obama was very much an urban policy guy, and he was pushing that in his second term using methods that didn't require Congress. Gun control is one element of the urban policy thing. Not a major part, but a part. Obama was very anti gun (ask John Lott), but he advanced the Party priorities. But that was a different era, and the priorities are different. As well as their political approach, which no longer is willing to compromise.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But my honest opinion then and now is that the Republicans don't give a shit about gun rights.

That's a fact.

A little pandering/lip service about the 2nd,and Republicans have the gun owner vote locked up.

Hell,even if they pass gun control,they have the gun owner vote locked up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We actually gained some gun rights back under Obama. Carry in national parks.
View Quote

Despite Obama, not because of him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember the acts PASSED in 1990, 1993 & 1994?

*I* sure as fuck remember. If you can't remember, then you're too fucking stupid to own a gun. You decide which one you are.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Considering that they no longer have to worry about losing elections because of passing gun bans, the chance of Xiden doing nothing is 0%.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If Senate Republicans originally didn't vote in favor of the bill. I would have further faith in the Party. But my honest opinion then and now is that the Republicans don't give a shit about gun rights. If they did then why did the vast majority of Senate Republicans voted in favor of HR 3355 the first time it was in the Senate?
View Quote

94 was a different time. Not much support for EBRs back then. If you recall they added a "protected firearms" list and also made the law so it would expire in 10 years. They did this to get extra votes.

The level of public support for EBRs (and CCW) has increased greatly since then, and also among Republicans in Congress. That said they don't have to flip many to get their way.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But my honest opinion then and now is that the Republicans don't give a shit about gun rights.

That's a fact.

A little pandering/lip service about the 2nd,and Republicans have the gun owner vote locked up.

View Quote

Well, at least now you can enjoy Biden.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Bacerra is the one that will be spearheading the attack. He already has the California game plan to follow. We were just the testing grounds. Instead of supporting the 2A in California people just attacked Californians. Trust me it’s fucked up and you guys are not gunna like what’s coming. They will go for a complete ban and settle for a compromise that is still unbearable.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#37]
If He Walks It Like He Talks It, This is Good News

Joe Biden Undercuts Democrats by Renewing Opposition to Ditching Filibuster
View Quote

Even before Biden weighed in to renew his opposition, the push to abandon the filibuster had exposed internal tensions among Democrats. The party, which finds itself in control of Congress and the presidency for the first time since 2008, has struggled to articulate not only its governing agenda but the means through how that agenda will be executed.
View Quote

While that debate has occurred in the open, behind the scenes questions have lingered over whether Democrats actually have the votes to move forward with jettisoning the filibuster. With only 50 seats in the chamber, Democrats would need their entire conference to support any major change to the Senate rules.

In recent weeks, however, that cohesion has not been found. Although the majority of the Democrat conference likely supports getting rid of the filibuster, Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) has refused to back the idea. Manchin, a moderate-to-conservative Democrat representing a strongly Republican state, has only reasserted that opposition in recent weeks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a fact.

I'm a pro 2nd guy,why would I enjoy biden?

Here's a hint-I don't enjoy ANYONE that infringes on the 2nd. Doesn't matter what letter is after their name.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why would you be worried about guns when they have made it clear they are coming after you?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh, return to normal? Sure, if Trump was still President but they are talking about banning high capacity magazines, "assault rifles", taxes on ammunition and guns. Prices will not return to normal until Republicans have a majority in the House or Senate (hopefully in 2 years) so we can stop these possible infringements. THAT IS THE REALITY!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Oh, return to normal? Sure, if Trump was still President but they are talking about banning high capacity magazines, "assault rifles", taxes on ammunition and guns. Prices will not return to normal until Republicans have a majority in the House or Senate (hopefully in 2 years) so we can stop these possible infringements. THAT IS THE REALITY!!
View Quote

Yeah,and if anything does get passed,we can count on the Republicans to get rid of it when they are back in power.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Bacerra is the one that will be spearheading the attack. He already has the California game plan to follow. We were just the testing grounds. Instead of supporting the 2A in California people just attacked Californians. Trust me it’s fucked up and you guys are not gunna like what’s coming. They will go for a complete ban and settle for a compromise that is still unbearable.
View Quote

and with harris on deck, youre dead right

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah right. It’s happening. Get what you want, and can now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You are naive.

Obama did go after guns but had a Republican house to block it.

Things are also much worse now. There is no doubt biden will come after guns.

None.

The only question is how bad and how much can he get passed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are naive.

Obama did go after guns but had a Republican house to block it.

Things are also much worse now. There is no doubt biden will come after guns.

None.

The only question is how bad and how much can he get passed.

Exactly.  Obama as a state senator signed on to gun control in Il.
He always said he wanted gun control.  He talked about conservatives "clinging to their guns and religion".
He talked after Sandy Hook about wanting gun control.
After it didn't pass the Senate, the same day he (with a couple Sandy Hook families), came out of the White House to the podium and gave a speech where he was almost crying, lamenting that gun control didn't pass both the House & Senate and come to him with a bill to sign.
If you don't believe it, search youtube for the video.  It was sickening.
The (almost meaningless) pro-gun stuff that passed during Obama years was cleverly stuck in bills having nothing to do with guns.  The NRA & it's allies in Congress used to be great at this.  No more though.  It's unclear whether he even read the bill.

Under what administration did the ban on Russian AKs happen?
I agree with those, that say Biden is waiting for another "mass shooting" (as the media calls it), to go for outright bans.
The phony "universal background check" nonsense & mag capacity stuff push could come a lot sooner.  I just can't believe they would be dumb enough to stuff all gun control in one bill, unless they feel they may lose the House in two yrs.

So if the 1994 AWB hadn't passed in the Senate & House, would we have said that Bill Clinton, Chuck Schumer & Joe Biden were pro-gun?  Not a chance.

As has been said though, I'm equally worried about gun control at the state level right now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#45]
The last time the democrats changed the senate rules (appointments) it got rather promptly shoved up their ass by the ACB nomination.  I am not so sure they'll jump on changing the cloture rule to cut off filibusters.

I hate the fact that the republicans absolutely blew up my email and phone SMS recently, but I will note that they seem a lot more cognizant of the gun control aspect than usual.  I suspect that they will vote pretty close to party line, much more so than in 1994. I don't trust them, but they have a lot more spine as a minority party than a majority one, and they know that gun control is a hot issue.

We can absolutely get some gun control, it isn't nearly as certain as if they had 2009 blue wave majorities.  The low hanging fruit is to tie bailouts of state Medicaid programs to RFLs and maybe UBCs.  That's arguable more palatable on a federal level to get through congress, since it lets states opt out.

If there's just sort of an uneasy stalemate where nothing seems to be moving legislatively, but its still hanging as a possibility, the panic is going to run through the 2022 election.  If they put up an AWB and fail, it might end sooner.

Basically, anyone that thinks this is over in a year is delusional.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Does the sun rise in the morning?  He's coming to take them away.  He's against guns for nearly 50 yrs.  Expect EOs to ATF also.

CD

View Quote

All we need is a double barrel pump  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Based on ammo shortages and prices post Obama and SH....I would say 2-3 years. Just in time for the next election panic.

This is a shit hobby nowadays
View Quote
I don't even treat it as a hobby anymore... they have become like my saws or my hammers, tools with a very specific purpose, protection of my family.  

I can't afford to shoot for fun either... my son keeps bugging me to take him but I just can't do it right now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#48]
So.

I've had time to think about this.

Earlier (on 13 January 2021) I posted basically a "worst case" scenario:

The bills that we've seen posted so far are the "sacrificial lamb" bills, or the ones by "rogue/crazy" party members like Sheila Jackson-Lee.

If they posted their real bills now; they believe (correctly) that the NRA and others would be able to pick apart the bills, and organize old fashioned mail in/phone in campaigns against congressmen.

This is why I believe the real bills will not be posted until a date range of:

20 to 22 January (one day before to one day after Inauguration day).

They want to get inside the Observe, Orient, Decide, Act (OODA) loop of the NRA and other pro-gun organizations.

Furthermore, I believe that they will want to take advantage of the thousands of National Guardsmen and other forces in place in Washington DC (along with the barricades around DC) as protection for when they actually do vote on an AWB.

I believe they will do the following:

1.) Bill is introduced in the morning.

2.) Bill is released by judiciary committee later that day (they've already sent it to the people they've chosen to chair the committees)

3.) Bill is put on the calendar to be voted on that night, and moves to the Senate, where it's fast tracked the next day.

4.) Within about 48 hours, the bill is on Xiden's desk for him to sign.

EDIT: It might actually move so fast that the bill is signed BEFORE the text appears on Congress.gov
View Quote

Earlier this week, I updated my thinking:

I've had time to think about this -- If he hasn't done major gun control moves via EO or regulatory changes by Close of Business Friday, it means the Xiden Administration is holding back gun control as a Trump Card (no pun intended).

Six months from now, when his administration is a flaming shitpile; and everyone is crying for his blood in prog-lib circles after he had BLM riots round II put down by the police; or after he put even more kids in cages at the border; they'll use the GUN CONTROL canard to attempt to reinvigorate liberals by going "but look, we banned those evil AK-15s!"
View Quote

So now it looks like he's holding it back as a "reinvigorate base as we head into the summer doldrums" card now.

Let's look at the most common claim I hear about Biden -- that it won't be that bad -- per  Jason280 in another thread:

"Gun control was just as big an issue under Obama, but even with control of the Senate and the House, nothing was done.  Sandy Hook?  No new bans.  Orlando Night Club?  No new bans. Fort Hood?  Nothing."
View Quote

Unlike Republicans, Democrats actually deliver to their base on various "pet" issues.

There's a downside to getting "pet causes" passed however. Doing so requires an enormous amount of effort; ranging from under the table bribes to outright threats to keep recalcitrant party members in line.

Because of this; generally, when a party seizes near complete control; not much actually gets done other than about 1.5 things.

In 2008-2010, that was Obamacare; and it took the democrats two years to get it passed; and Obamacare actually had serious opposition from the GOP; because $$$ talks; and Obamacare was a big threat to a lot of small businesses, etc.

Why Obama didn't do much is three factors:

1.) They spent so much political capital on Obamacare that when Sandy Hook came around in 2012; the Democrats hadn't fully recovered from the expenditure of political power on Obamacare two years prior.

2.) The Democratic party of 2010-2012 is much different than the Democratic Party of 2020. All of the old rural Democrats have been purged over the last decade; all of their major stars are from Urban areas like AOC.

3.) Obama while he was pro-gun control and did talk in vague generalities; he wasn't as outspoken as Biden and the Democrats have been this Campaign Cycle.

As of 2020, the Overton Window inside the Democratic party has shifted so much that stuff that would've been unthinkable outside of strident anti-gun crusaders has been normalized enough that Sleepy Joe went into lengthy detail with quite specific policy proposals during his campaign, including "put stuff on the National Firearms Act List"; something that has never actually been seriously proposed before at the national level, outside of gun control cranks.

Also, all of the Democratic candidates attempted to "one up" each other during the debates; anyone remember Beto O'Rourke's:

"Hell, yes, we're going to take your AR-15, your AK-47....We're not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore."

Biden's new White House Deputy Chief of Staff (Jen O'Malley Dillon) was Campaign Manager for Beto O'Rourke's 2020 campaign from 2019 to Spring 2020.

Likewise, Biden's VP is none other than Kamala "Microstamping kills the CA Roster" Harris.

There is now an "X Factor In Play"

THE NRA IS ATTEMPTING TO FILE CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY.

Additionally, the NRA-ILA (the part that does lobbying) is a total dumpster fire, following WLP firing Chris Cox (who had headed it for nearly 20 years) and then a week or so later also firing Chris Cox's replacement -- all this happened in 2019.

That's a lot of institutional knowledge on how to handle Congress and politicans...just gone.

Thus, while the balance of Congress is on paper, better than it was in 1994; in that the Democrats have razor thin margins in 2021....

...don't underestimate the power of TRU BELIEVERS.

For almost 80 years, the NRA has been the "boogeyman" of progressive politicans regarding gun control, going back to LBJ and FDR's Attorney General.

What do you think they're going to do now that they believe the "gun lobby" is kneecapped and incapable of mounting the kind of response they've put on in past legislative battles?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a fact.

View Quote
They are better about it than they were in the 90's but I still don't trust any of them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

An "Assault Weapons" Ban was voted on in 2013 and received 40 yes votes in the Senate.  What do you think that number would be today?  

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=113&session=1&vote=00101
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top