Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But what I learned is the Nat Guard is happy to be a political pawn and lined up against Americans
View Quote
Hardly
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Treated like shit now that the faux president and the ho are in.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
No internet? Oh the humanity.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:29:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You should give a shit. It's not like you can just say "Fuck this, I'm not going!".

They would be subject to the UCMJ and listed as AWOL or after thirty days, desertion. They would then be arrested and jailed.

Then a dishonorable discharge which is equivalent to a felony and stripped of their 2A rights.

It's a little different being a soldier vs a cop who can quit any time.

So for all the dicks in here saying my dental plan... fuck off as you know not what you speak.
View Quote

Thinking back, I can't think of one Marine in 4 years that had a political opinion. Maybe it's different now, but politics meant nothing to me. Lots of talk of ideologies and questioning the system, but the "im conservative" or "im liberal" i can't think of a single individual who thought of himself as being on a side of the political spectrum, or at least never proclaimed it.

Maybe it's different now with identity politics and social media separating and identifying friend from foe, but I would think you just get the order to guard the Whitehouse and you'd think," cool i get to guard the Whitehouse!" I don't think the constitutional legalities overshadowing their orders goes through the 18-22 year olds brain.

I got selected to go to Iwo Jima. I knew it's history, walking up the sand banks and going to Mt suribachi, I knew people had died there, there were old marine veterans, Japanese veterans there. But the whole trip my main focus was getting out all working parties or special duties, going up mt suribachi I thought fuck this were basically doing a hump around the island. I guess I was a piece of shit, but when you're young, you're mostly thinking about what you've been told to do, how to get out of any bullshit, the gravity of the experience is mostly lost on you.

Tldr: I don't think most military in the lower ranks are as engrossed with politics like GD. They aren't doing something as a political statement or thinking about how their presence affects the public. They are following the ucmj, you get orders, you can bitch about it, but you will follow them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Their usefulness has run its course....
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

that is pretty funny and partially true. There would be no TP and the crap tower should be just peeking below the seat
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Biden is in, Pelosi is hammered, nothing contested.
so, of course their usefulness is done.
The swamp prevails.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's the lack of wifi that struck a chord with them
View Quote

Who needs wifi when you have 5g?  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Like every other Democrat constituent, used and thrown out like trash.

But what I learned is the Nat Guard is happy to be a political pawn and lined up against Americans
View Quote

Wanna know how badly you are wrong?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]
they could have at least opened congress' strategic reserve of Depends for those fellas..

2 bathrooms for 5k dudes...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Suck it up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Peasant class citizens to Congress.  Remember Harry Reid’s infamous “now we don’t have to smell them” comment when the visitor’s center dividers went up?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Gonna suck when old man winter shows up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Reminds me of the song “disposable heros”
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
His leadership is going to go in dry finding this leaked source and punish all 5000 troops because fixing the problem is too hard.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:39:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Good.  Maybe this lesson will stick in the recollection bin as things progress in the coming months...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
TYFYS
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:40:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You know they are drawing sucking dicks everywhere.
View Quote

FIFY

They were all vetted as loyal Biden supporters...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Too many MRE farts in the Dirksen Senate Office building, would be a more accurate reason.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thousands of National Guardsmen were forced to vacate congressional grounds on Thursday and are now taking their rest breaks outside and in nearby parking garages, after two weeks of sleepless nights protecting the nation’s capital in the wake of the violent Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol.

One unit, which had been resting in the Dirksen Senate Office building, was abruptly told to vacate the facility on Thursday, according to one Guardsman. The group was forced to rest in a nearby parking garage without internet reception, with just one electrical outlet, and one bathroom with two stalls for 5,000 troops, the person said.

“Yesterday dozens of senators and congressmen walked down our lines taking photos, shaking our hands and thanking us for our service. Within 24 hours, they had no further use for us and banished us to the corner of a parking garage. We feel incredibly betrayed,” the Guardsman said.

Linky Thing

View Quote

should not have volunteered for it then. D's hate the military
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm sure the inside of that single port o john looks like a painter's radio by now
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Typical political theater
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

FIFY

View Quote
Hardly
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That's how they'd like to treat all of us.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

FIFY

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

FIFY

Says who?

You’re really talking out of your ass, here.

@cherokeerose

Quoted:

You do know most folks got voluntold, right?

There’s atleast a dozen ARFcommers in dc with the ARNG.

@distrflmman
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Did they think it was going to go any other way?

Usefulness and pre inaugural photo op over GTFO
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#30]
This is a solid moral builder
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Have them write their congressm---- ah nevermind.  Get used to hit, the party in control has never liked the military unless they are sworn to their cause.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#33]
That's a nice parking garage!

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Huh...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:47:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Hopefully a few who do not already see the truth have been awoken.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Hopefully a few who do not already see the truth have been awoken.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
disposable pawns
View Quote

Twenty one, only son
But he served us well
Bred to kill, not to care

Do just as we say
Finished here, greetings death
He's yours to take away...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#39]

I've noticed so many slick sleeves, don't troops deploy anymore? Where are the deployment patches?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#40]
lol suck it up, buttercups
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Clap you stupid bastards!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You should give a shit. It's not like you can just say "Fuck this, I'm not going!".

They would be subject to the UCMJ and listed as AWOL or after thirty days, desertion. They would then be arrested and jailed.

Then a dishonorable discharge which is equivalent to a felony and stripped of their 2A rights.

So for all the dicks in here saying my dental plan... fuck off as you know not what you speak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't give a shit.

They want to protect china joe, then they can kiss my ass.

With all due respect, I guess your statement applies to rank and file only sans the Flag Grade officers with their lips firmly planted on the Elitist Pols asses, who are expressly onboard with us conservatives being cast as extremist domestic terrorists.  Just look at the news this week. They seemed to mutiny against a sitting President in doing so, did they not?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:53:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've noticed so many slick sleeves, don't troops deploy anymore? Where are the deployment patches?
View Quote

Deployments, especially combat ones, started to dry up with Obama's last years and dwindled through Trump's. Other than a few units in Syria who got lucky, deployments aren't what they used to be.

*Does not apply to SOCOM
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Welcome to the army kid. Go die over there and don’t get blood on the politicians shoes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:00:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Marines would have called in a bomb threat and rolled the fuck out, I'm disappointed in those E3's and their shit leadership.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They served their purpose.

I mean, who wants to see the help lazing about the palace?

View Quote

So much for free pizza.

They’ll be setting up GP mediums on the lawn and told to stay in the tents when off duty.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thousands of National Guardsmen were forced to vacate congressional grounds on Thursday and are now taking their rest breaks outside and in nearby parking garages, after two weeks of sleepless nights protecting the nation’s capital in the wake of the violent Jan. 6 assault on the U.S. Capitol.

One unit, which had been resting in the Dirksen Senate Office building, was abruptly told to vacate the facility on Thursday, according to one Guardsman. The group was forced to rest in a nearby parking garage without internet reception, with just one electrical outlet, and one bathroom with two stalls for 5,000 troops, the person said.

“Yesterday dozens of senators and congressmen walked down our lines taking photos, shaking our hands and thanking us for our service. Within 24 hours, they had no further use for us and banished us to the corner of a parking garage. We feel incredibly betrayed,” the Guardsman said.

Linky Thing

They didn't volunteer, Einstein.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top