This was allowed to happen.  Kabuki.
View Quote

Yep

Video Surfaces Of Trump Supporter Begging Police To Stop Capitol Riot
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not close at all.  Unarmed crowd, dispersed after making a point.  While I don't condone the forcible entry nor any destruction of public property, nor injury to persons, I do understand the frustration and anger that drove that crowd to action that day.  I wasn't there and wouldn't have entered, but that's just me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Not even in the same solar system.  Things aren't bad enough.  The pot is getting warmer but the frog is still comfortable.  It won't be "time" until people are actually being led onto trains and into ditches.  By that time, it might even be too late.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I too live about 20 minutes outside of the White house but I wasn't too worried at the time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
It was just smoke and mirrors. When you see a million armed men in one spot then worry.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not close at all.

Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f7nSk7DG58

Did the Viking drop his pants while making his, uh... "speech" at the podium?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Not close at all.  A careful review of video shows that only approximately one to two thousand people were involved in the riotous activity (as opposed to the many more that were at the Capitol to protest peacefully), a figure that was less than 1% of the 200,000 to 500,000 total people present in D.C. to support the president.  Moreover, significantly less than a thousand actually entered the Capitol, and many of these people looked befuddled as capitol police seemed to in essence let them in.  It is also telling that a significant number of persons who entered the Capitol (such as the gentleman wearing furs, facepaint, and horns) seemed to be distinctly on the fringe of the conservative movement (to put it politely) and did not resemble any Trump supporter I have seen before.  

That being said, I was very much saddened by the death of Ashli Babbitt, who seems like a real patriot who perhaps got a bit carried away in the moment.  Also, fuck the idiots who beat police officer Brain Sicknick over the head with a fire extinguisher.   From the statements made by his family, it sounds like he himself was a patriot who would not want his death to be used as a political instrument.  I fail to understand how anyone who supported Trump's pro law and order message could have considered such a deadly assault on a police officer acceptable.  To be clear, I can understand how frayed nerves might cause things to get a bit rowdy, but beating someone over the head with a heavy object was beyond the pale.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

The one with horns is a paid actor who has spent a lot of time being seen at Q and right wing stuff but has no income so someone financed his trips all over the country and it wasn't conservatives.  The two bearded fellows right and left are Philadelphia ANTIFA and when I posted info showing they were in a law enforcement only area .....F book shut it down hard .......which seemed a clear proof that the intel was correct.
Team Trump got played big time on the 6th by Team Soros and the result is B den declared war on domestic terrorists yet to be identified but we can guess it would include anyone with more than one box of shotgun shells.

Considering the lack of pitchforks in the crowd any true negative intent is really questionable.  One has to be dumber than a box of rocks to forcibly enter any restricted area thereby committing a felony. But what a great photo op for the libs to scream how horrible those horned devils are.    

Watch out for BAIT   !!!!  Grab a cup of coffee and some popcorn.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:56:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How close were we to the events on 1-6 to kicking off  a civil war, boog, igloo, etc?
View Quote

Nowhere near close.

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]
So not close that we would probably have actually been closer had the house/senate debates and vote been allowed to continue un-interrupted.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]
It was a set up and a joke and some Trump supporters fell for it. Sadly a woman was shot.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]
We were lightyears away from "civil war". Only a small percentage of the crowd actually "attacked the Capitol" and they were egged on by outside agitators. The rest was MSM-generated lies and hyperbole.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]
It was allowed to happen. So no not close all.
Most advanced equipment & intelligence gathering available,
one of the largest law enforcement agencies as far as manpower & budget,
knowing there have been riots & civil unrest all year.

While protecting the vice-pres and all the heads and big wigs in our gov during a day they knew a hundred thousand(s) of angry people where showing up.
And NO one thought to increase security in the slightest? Maybe higher some OT? Definitely had the funds, bodies & knowledge.

They where let it and everything was permitted to happen. No other excuse for it. I bet they thought it'd be much worse than it was. Now to see what agenda they'll spring board with it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:24:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The one with horns is a paid actor who has spent a lot of time being seen at Q and right wing stuff but has no income so someone financed his trips all over the country and it wasn't conservatives.  The two bearded fellows right and left are Philadelphia ANTIFA and when I posted info showing they were in a law enforcement only area .....F book shut it down hard .......which seemed a clear proof that the intel was correct.
Team Trump got played big time on the 6th by Team Soros and the result is B den declared war on domestic terrorists yet to be identified but we can guess it would include anyone with more than one box of shotgun shells.

Considering the lack of pitchforks in the crowd any true negative intent is really questionable.  One has to be dumber than a box of rocks to forcibly enter any restricted area thereby committing a felony. But what a great photo op for the libs to scream how horrible those horned devils are.    

Watch out for BAIT   !!!!  Grab a cup of coffee and some popcorn.
View Quote

The 2 guys with beards are actual Nazis, that is why they were on the Antifa website.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#15]
A big time gun ban with possible forced confiscations would probably be a good catalyst
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just watched the Washington post video ( i know i know) about the capitol breach, the video was fair and actually shows the AA cop who shot Babbitt as she climbed into the window.

I was home and watching live feeds but didn't see this much detail in the moment.  But I genuinely sat up on the couch and said to my wife " good god I think its Actually happening"

she agreed and we started to prepare our Bug out protocol as we live only 15 minutes away from the white house.

Here's the question and its strictly opinionated:

How close were we to the events on 1-6 to kicking off  a civil war, boog, igloo, etc?

Please keep it civil, and mods if this belongs in the new political thread please move it, I'm fairly new here still.

Thanks in advanced for all your insights.
here is a link to the video in case anybody is interested in watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibWJO02nNsY
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It was a protest with trespassing and vandilism, much milder than most antifa or blm riots. Well except for the jittery cop who shot the unarmed women.
View Quote

The unarmed fruitcake who was breaking and entering illegally at the same time a gun had her in her sights.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've said it here a thousand times but country has already gone off the cliff. Arguably it already was over a 100 years ago. We've all remained fat and happy because it's a long free fall before we hit those rocks below and go splat.

This whole damn thing is headed for collapse and ultimately civil war or violent revolution. It's inevitable. But we still have a long way to fall yet before we really hit those rocks.

Things will slowly and steadily get worse, probably for a few more generations, before the real boog kicks off. It will have to get a lot worse before good people are Willi g to sacrifice everything to change it.

In the mean time, 1/6 was just a fart in the wind. It was a lot of justifiably angry folks legitimately protesting along with a hand full of assholes that decided to turn it into a giant embarrasing shit show that only served embolden our enemies.

It wasnt even remotely close.
View Quote

You really think it will take that long? I'm betting gen Z or the one after will
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Not very close at all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#20]
There was a zero percent chance of it popping off
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:24:26 PM EDT
[#21]
LOFL

not within 1,000 miles of it kicking off

STOP believing the media hype that this was anything other than trespassing and self guided tours by protestors.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You really think it will take that long? I'm betting gen Z or the one after will
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've said it here a thousand times but country has already gone off the cliff. Arguably it already was over a 100 years ago. We've all remained fat and happy because it's a long free fall before we hit those rocks below and go splat.

This whole damn thing is headed for collapse and ultimately civil war or violent revolution. It's inevitable. But we still have a long way to fall yet before we really hit those rocks.

Things will slowly and steadily get worse, probably for a few more generations, before the real boog kicks off. It will have to get a lot worse before good people are Willi g to sacrifice everything to change it.

In the mean time, 1/6 was just a fart in the wind. It was a lot of justifiably angry folks legitimately protesting along with a hand full of assholes that decided to turn it into a giant embarrasing shit show that only served embolden our enemies.

It wasnt even remotely close.

Yes. These new generations are conditioned to accept this shit. They'll even embrace it. And as shit goes down hill, they'll want more and more. They'll keep turning to the government to fix the mess. Less and less people will even understand why liberty is.

It will have to get way way worse to open their eyes.

In the meantime those of us that still value liberty aren't going to throw our lives away to restore it when the culture at large doesn't even want it back. They don't even know it's gone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lol no.  This wasn't a "big chance" to do anything except get gunned down.

This isn't the kinda war you can win by taking the enemy's HQ.  George Washington didn't sail to England and spit in George III's ear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Turns out those chances were zero.  Keyboard warriors have been making big talk for months about 'taking back the country' after a 'stolen election'.  This was their one, big chance.

Lol no.  This wasn't a "big chance" to do anything except get gunned down.

This isn't the kinda war you can win by taking the enemy's HQ.  George Washington didn't sail to England and spit in George III's ear.

You gotta break their desire to rule you; has nothing to do with territory at all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes. These new generations are conditioned to accept this shit. They'll even embrace it. And as shit goes down hill, they'll want more and more. They'll keep turning to the government to fix the mess. Less and less people will even understand why liberty is.

It will have to get way way worse to open their eyes.

In the meantime those of us that still value liberty aren't going to throw our lives away to restore it when the culture at large doesn't even want it back. They don't even know it's gone.
View Quote

It depends, I asked my friend group their stance on LGBTQ and Gun rights and they lined up with mines even though they are Hispanic, Indian, Ethiopian, and African. We are all 16-17 range so there may be some hope at least if resistance can be formed against the retarded Gen Zs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'd like to know what constitutes a 'handful' in your mind.  

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2021/01/14/crowds-push-at-barricades-e50f7afab1a1eb8e8da9069639dc287dba587da0-s1300-c85.jpg

Looks more like shitload.  Maybe not a fuckton.  Definitely a large gagglefuck.  Handful my ass, though... (that's not an invitation, by the way.)
View Quote

That was beautiful..................
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#27]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think it hinged on Trump.

Someone here said "He dipped his toe in the Rubicon and turned around."  Seems to sum it up

In retrospect, not even close at all knowing that.
View Quote

That seems to be fairly accurate.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#29]
The place was not torched, the popo was not strung up, and everyone left except those few who died.  There were no mobs of armed men blocking the roads, manning barricades, burning vehicles and kidnapping passers by.  This wasn't even close to being "go time".
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#30]
There was ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE between what happened on Jan 6th and the dozens and dozens of riots elsewhere over the past 10 years EXCEPT for the political affiliation of the actors.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You gotta break their desire to rule you; has nothing to do with territory at all.
View Quote

^^^^ This.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
YouTube now has a disclaimer that Joe Biden is president
View Quote

I had to go look for myself.

Damn. You're not joking. Clown shoes on rye bread.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Not close.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#34]
not close
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#35]
That was about getting in the face of those who are supposed to represent us, but don't, about an election that wasn't.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#36]
That made you jump up and get your bug out bag? Jesus, I think i ordered pizza and a new lawn blower from Amazon while watching it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not close at all.  Unarmed crowd, dispersed after making a point.  While I don't condone the forcible entry nor any destruction of public property, nor injury to persons, I do understand the frustration and anger that drove that crowd to action that day.  I wasn't there and wouldn't have entered, but that's just me.
View Quote
This. An insurrection it does not make and anybody that actually calls it such is a bullshit spinning idiot trying to make their side look like they are righteous. The US government is an incomprehensibly large blob and thinking that a small group taking control of a building, even that building, shows complete ignorance and bias. I don't think anybody ACTUALLY believes it was a coup attempt. Maybe high functioning retards. It's pure propaganda straight out of 1984.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Not close enough.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not close at all.

View Quote

+1

If people were there to take down the government, the vanguard likely would've been kitted out in full armor with gas masks and rifles and would have ignored the tear gas and cut through the Capitol police and the guys defending the chambers like a hot knife through butter. Likely would have had B teams hitting communications and power as well, and directly attacking police buildings to bottle them up so they can't respond elsewhere. That is what an insurrection would have been like, and what it has usually looked like in other countries in the modern era when an actual rebel force gets their guys into the capital.

Saudi weddings are more violent than what took place at the Capitol. Calling that an insurrection just makes anyone saying it look like a total buffoon, and you should never listen to another thing they say again on any subject.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

About as close as I am to finishing a marathon.
Which has the same chance of happening as me wishing myself to the moon.

Leftists are complete drama queens. Except they'll fabricate events that get people killed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Trailer park nazis and weirdos.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#42]
The Dems and their lapdogs in the media have been hyping the incident and trying to portray it as a coup attempt.  But that's just wild, WILD hyperbole.  

Like any other riot, it all started with just a handful people starting trouble, and then the crowd followed suit.  People will follow the crowd and do things in a crowd that they would never do on their own.  Those clowns who stormed the Capitol had no intention of overthrowing the gov't, they were just dumbasses who let themselves get caught up in the activity of the crowd.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not close at all.

View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just watched the Washington post video ( i know i know) about the capitol breach, the video was fair and actually shows the AA cop who shot Babbitt as she climbed into the window.

I was home and watching live feeds but didn't see this much detail in the moment.  But I genuinely sat up on the couch and said to my wife " good god I think its Actually happening"

she agreed and we started to prepare our Bug out protocol as we live only 15 minutes away from the white house.

Here's the question and its strictly opinionated:

Please keep it civil, and mods if this belongs in the new political thread please move it, I'm fairly new here still.

Thanks in advanced for all your insights.
here is a link to the video in case anybody is interested in watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibWJO02nNsY
View Quote

The chances were somewhere between zero and zero.  This was the adult equivalent of schoolboys playing a good prank.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Not even close, we have no centralized organization. Until a few states start acting brazen nothing will happen. YMMV
View Quote

+1

Exactly.  You’d need state leadership level involvement before things kick off.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Not even the Capitol police took this seriously except for a few hot heads.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It wasn't a coup attempt, nor was it an insurrection.

Until that happens, then we aren't really close.

Biden coming after the guns may push things over the edge into a boil, but no one is coming to save the conservatives.  We know the military won't and the cops won't either. Either we save ourselves through the system, or outside the system, or we go quietly into the night.  

Only silver lining is if they start purging the cops and the military of people who are politically "unreliable" is it might actually make them unreliable.
View Quote

I think (though the chance is very, very remote) that one peaceful avenue remaining would be states refusing to enforce federal gun control laws, and actively defending their residents.  Sort of like the 2010 Firearms Freedom Acts passed by several red states, but this time with teeth (actually devoting resources to preventing federal agents from arresting state citizens).  Then it would just come down to whether the feds wanted to "rule" bad enough to kick it off.  It would put the ball in their court and force them to be the aggressor, and the optics of it would resonate with gun owners everywhere, especially in light of the recreational drug laws in several states.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'd like to know what constitutes a 'handful' in your mind.  

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2021/01/14/crowds-push-at-barricades-e50f7afab1a1eb8e8da9069639dc287dba587da0-s1300-c85.jpg

Looks more like shitload.  Maybe not a fuckton.  Definitely a large gagglefuck.  Handful my ass, though... (that's not an invitation, by the way.)
View Quote

Not a whole bunch of antifa as you would think I know but, they were there and, they were the agent provocateurs.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:34:59 AM EDT
[#49]
In reply to the OP:

We were FAR REMOVED from any such mass stupidity. I'm convinced that most folks - even most of the gun-waving fire-brand far-Right types - are actually smarter than the crowd at the Capitol. But I did check my ready weapons and mags, and reviewed my range stakes and firing-lanes just in case the local gun-waving clowns didn't receive and follow the "STAY OUT OF IT AND STAY HOME" messages.  

I followed up that exercise with installing a new bathroom vanity and sink and doing some trim work in my laundry-room.  Topped the evening off with a glass of nice dessert wine with the wife and off to bed.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:49:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Not close

Everyone is still too comfortable. State level leadership aren't ready yet. Most of us aren't angry enough. We all still have too much to lose.

When more of us are jobless, our economy is in actual shambles and the government starts acting overtly like the 1930's Soviets then we'll be close. It's coming but we aren't there.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top