Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Regan banned machine guns. FRR
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There will never be another conservative president.
View Quote

Correct. "Never" is a safe bet because any timeline where a conservative-values president gets elected, it won't be in the United States.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There will never be a privately funded candidate that supports our values (many of them at least).

He was our last and final attempt to peacefully right this sinking ship.

Prove me wrong.
View Quote

Anyone who thinks this country can be turned around by the guy that temporarily holds the office of the presidency is fooling themselves. It's a false hope. We're well beyond the point where the man in the white house can fix this fucking mess.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Anyone who thinks this country can be turned around by the guy that temporarily holds the office of the presidency is fooling themselves. It's a false hope. We're well beyond the point where the man in the white house can fix this fucking mess.
View Quote

It might be rightly postulated that we got in this fucking mess by looking towards Washington to solve our own fucking issues. Well, that and sending our children to the state for education for 100+ years gave us generations of brain-dead tax payers who worship the state instead of loathe it and see it as the most insidious necessary evil in the history of mankind.

We failed ourselves. That's why we ask for term limits, because we're too fucking stupid and scared to vote out the bad ones. A nation of timid imbeciles asking the leaders to hold themselves accountable.

Kinda pathetic, when you really think about it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Even if there were , there's too many commies and JBT's here that wouldnt allow it
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#6]
trump had a unique set of skills and financial ability. there is no reason to think that such a mix wont happen again. history is chock full of examples.

in fact sooner or later it WILL happen again.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Why?  As pissed off as we are, surely there is someone out there who would be willing to step into the breach.  H Ross Perot did it but it was at a time when a third party wasn't viable.  Now, we're looking at a huge number of voters willing to dump the Swamp GOPe scum for something better and fuck the consequences.  

Shit, there are probably a lot on the D side ready to dump (Corrupt) Business as Usual.  Didn't I see some poll that found 30% of Independents and 17% of DEMOCRATS thought there was election fraud on a national scale?  When Pedo Joe gets back to Swamp business as usual and starts throwing scraps to his black lap dogs instead of giving them real change, I bet a lot of them will be willing to jump over, as well.

So,
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

you do understand what advice and consent of the senate means, right? the senate was run by the swampiest motherfucker out there who had no intention of letting MAGA happen. so exactly how the fuck was he supposed to nominate literally anyone?
View Quote

Absolutely. There is a mania for blaming Trump for everything but McConnell, Graham and Grassley played a massive part in sabotaging his presidency.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Flame all you want but Trump left the right in a far worse state than when he took office.

I loved him as President, and agreed with 95% of his policy decisions, but he left office absolutely beaten and in disgrace.

There is no winning in how Trump left office. His policies will be negated by EO's almost instantly, conservatives are now being openly branded domestic terrorists, voting transparency will never be achieved as the precedent exists, he pardoned a bunch of thugs on his way out instead of his supporters in jail, and he revoked a ban on the government to lobbiest pipeline.

Had he just conceded gracefully in mid December we would all be in a better spot and his legacy would be that of a fighter and a charasmatic outsider who won the highest office in the land. . . I have no clue what happened behind the scenes but the progressives categorically won.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; between the time he made the video about the CoV relief spending and the time he signed the bill with bullshit redlines, something happened. Idk what, but my money is that he renegotiated his way back into high society at the expense of his loyal constituents

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Absolutely. There is a mania for blaming Trump for everything but McConnell, Graham and Grassley played a massive part in sabotaging his presidency.
View Quote

He was up against the world, the entire political establishment.

The difference is, we all know Graham, Grassley, and McConnell are POS politician in it for personal gain. They are a known entity
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

you do understand what advice and consent of the senate means, right? the senate was run by the swampiest motherfucker out there who had no intention of letting MAGA happen. so exactly how the fuck was he supposed to nominate literally anyone?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a true fucking shame that the package that we got that all wrapped up in threw tantrums, couldn't stay off Twitter saying retarded shit, nominated back-stabbing swamp politicians to advise and carry out his policy when he had latitude to nominate literally ANYONE, played into the Democrats hands all throughout his election campaign, and left the office pardoning drug dealers instead of people rightfully trampled by the system.

He did a lot of good, but he was his own worst enemy, and now we're all fucking paying for it.

And the sad thing is President Donald J Trump never had the full support of his party. Wow they just approved the head of the DNJ with an 80 to 10 vote. The unit party is here to stay.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:56:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He was up against the world, the entire political establishment.

The difference is, we all know Graham, Grassley, and McConnell are POS politician in it for personal gain. They are a known entity
View Quote

Trump's own party spent four years threatening and undermining him.

As soon as a radical leftist gets into the Oval Office, the GOPe leadership bends the knee.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#13]
That means we won’t have to don’t have to repair that much damage twice.  He’s pretty much guaranteed total democrat domination for the foreseeable future.

Even if you love they guy you have to recognize that he may have destroyed the chance to have another nonliberal administration for a decade or more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Trump's own party spent four years threatening and undermining him.

As soon as a radical leftist gets into the Oval Office, the GOPe leadership bends the knee.
View Quote

He ran as a Republican but from day one we all knew that the Republicans in office were not "Trump's own party"

Not making excuses, the tasked he faced may as well been an impossible one, but blaming POS politicians for being POS politicians doesn't cut it.

Trump didn't go into office with his eyes closed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's a true fucking shame that the package that we got that all wrapped up in threw tantrums, couldn't stay off Twitter saying retarded shit, nominated back-stabbing swamp politicians to advise and carry out his policy when he had latitude to nominate literally ANYONE, played into the Democrats hands all throughout his election campaign, and left the office pardoning drug dealers instead of people rightfully trampled by the system.

He did a lot of good, but he was his own worst enemy, and now we're all fucking paying for it.
View Quote

You're right. Should have voted Hillary.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have come to the realization that only billionaires should run for office. They have enough money to not be corrupted and not give a F about favours, and lobbyists.
View Quote

I’m to that point.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Which values, specifically?

Trump was great a pissing off the left, but I don’t see him as a person with any particularly strong set of morals/values.

And he was certainly not conservative when it came to spending and the national debt.  But neither are most other so-called conservatives, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't agree, he has shown it can be done.  Another very successful businessman or woman who is fed the fuck up will run, probably using the same game plan.  Talk to Americans in the language they understand, totally positive attitude, deliver what is promised.  He is once in a lifetime at this point and probably the best President ever, but more will step up. He paved the road for them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He ran as a Republican but from day one we all knew that the Republicans in office were not "Trump's own party"

Not making excuses, the tasked he faced may as well been an impossible one, but blaming POS politicians for being POS politicians doesn't cut it.

Trump didn't go into office with his eyes closed.
View Quote

I disagree with you there. Trump didn't live and breathe politics prior to his run. The bulk of his time was taken up in running his business. He went into DC aware of corruption, but there is every indication that he had no idea how massive and pervasive it was.

For example, Sessions had spent decades burnishing his 'true conservative,' creditionals. Trump was not the only one surprised by how fully Sessions embraced the swampy establishment at Trump's expense.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You're right. Should have voted Hillary.
View Quote

That's the reductive, infantile nonsense I expect from the left when someone criticized Obama. Congrats, I guess?

Everyone to the right of Bernie is a fascist. Any criticism of Trump and it's sorry your girl lost.

I supported Trump. Doesn't mean he was without faults. And, we're fucking INSANE not to realize them and caution against our next choice having the same ones.

Trump had a fantastic ability to understand the media, how to troll, how to lead from a business and practical sense, but he was grossly ignorant of the machinations of Washington and it showed. I can't even count how many times he talked about policy in a way that showed he had no fucking IDEA how it worked. That ended up costing him, a lot. And, he took the advice of people who were very poor characters. One of the reasons he thought he was ready for that job was that he knew good people, and how to spot them. But, that's actually not true at all, politically. Almost everyone involved in his administration either fucked him or hurt him...the revolving door didn't get any better as it went on either.

We need someone like Trump, but hopefully next time it will be someone who's a little deeper than Art of the Deal, and who isn't quite as volatile. You can be a ruthless, effective leader, without Twitter insults.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Now that the election is over, it should be safe to be honest with ourselves about Trump.  Both his accomplishments and failures should be fair game.

Prior to the election, there was a risk that anything negative was disingenuous and designed to sway or influence the election.  But now that risk is gone.  It’s simply discussing history at this point.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Now that the election is over, it should be safe to be honest with ourselves about Trump.  Both his accomplishments and failures should be fair game.

Prior to the election, there was a risk that anything negative was disingenuous and designed to sway or influence the election.  But now that risk is gone.  It's simply discussing history at this point.
View Quote

Exactly my point. Otherwise, we're just ideologues like the emotional leftists.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prior to the election, there was a risk that anything negative was disingenuous and designed to sway or influence the election.  But now that risk is gone.  It's simply discussing history at this point.

The risk is that the pain of the election loss (and the impending pain from having Biden in power) is still too fresh to have a rational discussion.  I’d love to discuss everything that Trump did well and did poorly, but I don’t think it would go over well until we get a little further past the election.  People are emotional animals.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its interesting to me that poor ole sad Trumpy Bear was simultaneously the smartest man alive and able to be foiled by nearly any other human.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:46:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We knew this 4 years ago
View Quote

Yet many many here fought against him with every breath.

I blame them equally as the leftists, more actually.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trump didn't really get to pick most of his cabinet. He had to make deals with "Cocaine Mitch" and see where that got him. If you want to criticize Trump for his failures, you're Criticizing the wrong person.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There will never be a privately funded candidate that supports our values (many of them at least).

He was our last and final attempt to peacefully right this sinking ship.

Prove me wrong.
View Quote

Nothing to prove.  The Republic is largely over at this point.

There will likely never even be another R as president if they get their way and do away with the E.C., if that happens, and they take action on firearms, I'm largely done voting.  Simply no point.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Flame all you want but Trump left the right in a far worse state than when he took office.
View Quote

Not sure I agree with you. Here are four things we have, which should be useful in the future.

1. Excellent economy pre-covid. We will not see an economy like that again unless another conservative leader is elected. We are in for years of poor economic performance. As bad as the low growth and high unemployment will be, inflation is worse. Even low information voters will notice.

2. Trump got minorities to pull the lever for an R. Something Bush, McCain, Romney could never do. Some will keep pulling the R lever.

3. He left us with a great campaign issue: election fraud. The GOP needs to use the fact that the Dems stole the election against them at every opportunity. They should be slow-walking Biden's nominees through the senate, but won't, because they are stupid.

4. The courts especially the SC. This should be a great help in the years ahead.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Its interesting to me that poor ole sad Trumpy Bear was simultaneously the smartest man alive and able to be foiled by nearly any other human.

View Quote

Trump was foiled by DC/career politicians [Republicans no less than Democrats], the press/media, academia, the courts, the IC, the DOJ, the FBI and Washington bureaucrats (to name a few). He had maybe a couple of Rep allies: Nunes comes to mind.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm pretty sure I won't see someone like him agin in my lifetime (I'm 55). The future may have someone like him or another real leader. It might not be in politics per se, he could be a revolutionary (real, fight-a-war one), or one who unites the people to form a new country.

It'll definitely be in, or create, a new country, I'm sure.

It might be seccesion, like Texas walks the walk for example.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at all the pouters. We are chock full of ideologues too...

The claim that we’re less emotional in our choices is thoroughly debunked.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#32]
There is Donald Trump Jr. if he decides to run and we can get people like us to vote in the primaries.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I think you're beating around the bush pointing out that while he could nominate literally anyone, his own party wouldn't approve them.
View Quote

They only recommend who they’ll approve and confirm.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:16:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I just checked my bank account and this is not true.  You tell lies.
View Quote

So you don’t have his talent at garnering investors, even with risk and some failures?

My mom, who was an MBA, used to say “you don’t want the guy who’s never failed in a leadership role, you want the guy who’s failed and gotten back up again.”
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:23:28 PM EDT
[#35]
We never though their would be another, but somehow history has a way of repeating.  Someday sometime somebody will step up.  The question is when.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Everything you lament, is the reason he was elected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.

The cult will be along soon to crucify you for such truth though
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There will be a more refined Donald Trump in the future.
View Quote

I think so, too.

TRUMP showed the way that people will follow.
It may be even the man himself.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Look at all the pouters. We are chock full of ideologues too...

The claim that we're less emotional in our choices is thoroughly debunked.
View Quote

No, the emotional claim has not been debunked. Obama won his first term by A, having zero personal accomplishments and B, a vapid, amorphous slogan of 'hope and change.'

Pure emotionalism.

Ted Cruz attempted to run an identical campaign: all feel good warm and fuzzy nonspecifics. Trump came along and nuked Cruz with specifics such as, 'Build the wall '

If we were as emotional as Democrats, it would have been President Cruz for the past four years.

[I'm not fantasizing Cruz' strategy. He bought David Axlerod's book about how Obama won by being a tabula rasa on which each voter could write his hopes and dreams. Cruz passed copies out to his entire campaign staff and told them that was his battle plan.]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#41]
We will never have another president that runs up the trade and budget deficits as much as Trump, that’s for sure.

Interesting that everything he said during his campaign was true and then he did the exact opposite. If he worried about his agenda and much as he did is poll numbers, he’d still be in office.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We will never have another president that runs up the trade and budget deficits as much as Trump, that's for sure.

Interesting that everything he said during his campaign was true and then he did the exact opposite. If he worried about his agenda and much as he did is poll numbers, he'd still be in office.
View Quote

Do you recall what happened the time Trump shut down government over the House's bloated 'continuing resolution.'?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Do you think he has not, or will receive every self funded dollar he spent?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#44]
In the final analysis, he was a self promoting New York democrat.  He was decent on abortion, being anti globalist and a master troll. Other than that, not much different than a run of the mill Pol.  Oh ya great at promoting a fiat bubble economy based off of nothing but monetary easing and confidence.  So there is also that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
In the final analysis, he was a self promoting New York democrat.  He was decent on abortion, being anti globalist and a master troll. Other than that, not much different than a run of the mill Pol.  Oh ya great at promoting a fiat bubble economy based off of nothing but monetary easing and confidence.  So there is also that.
View Quote

Trump got some wall built despite aggressive opposition from both parties. He also scuttled the hopelessly corrupt practice of letting any and all foreign invaders into the country and giving them immigration lawyers. He instituted a system where they had to wait in a foreign country until their asylum claims were evaluated.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#46]
If this has all been about one man instead of values then we were screwed anyway.  What were we supposed to do in 2024?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
He could have done everything "right" with all the proper decorum and it would have mattered not. He won the first time because they underestimated his appeal with the average American. He lost because they didn't make the same mistakes twice.

Biden is a fraud.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
There will be a more refined Donald Trump in the future.
View Quote

I'd prefer cruder and sassier.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was Joe Blows middle finger to the establishment. My Trump 2020 flag still flys high and proud in front of my home. I don't want unity and I don't want to work together towards your globalist future. I want to wreck your shit and piss in your humidifier.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He could have done everything "right" with all the proper decorum and it would have mattered not. He won the first time because they underestimated his appeal with the average American. He lost because they didn't make the same mistakes twice.

Biden is a fraud.
View Quote

No.

He shot himself in the foot, alienated people he needed, appointed back stabbers (over and over), fought battles that bought him nothing, and wasted a lot of chances he had to REALLY bolster his base. He was pretty clueless about actual policy, too, by his own admission....doesn't like to read. That's not a really good quality for someone in his shoes, going up against the establishment. What kind of captain doesn't care about the workings of his boat? It cost him.

I just can't get the loyalists to see it, but here we are. His mistakes cost him a 2nd term. Period, end of story.

I didn't want him to be "presidential", I wanted him to stay the fuck off the internet at 3am when he wasn't thinking straight, and leaping to stupid decisions to please the left that fucking hated him (bump stock was but ONE example), and putting traitorous dipshits in charge of things that really mattered.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top