Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Oem Glock mags are $20 everywhere. Op is enjoying rape paying $33.  Had a couple of ftf issues with my Magpul experiment so I gave them away . The new owner has had no problems with them.  I like Magpul ar mags.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve never had any problems with mine.
View Quote

Well that settles it.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you're paying $30 for glock mags you're doing it wrong

My average cost for new mags is right around $20, used but definitely functional is $12

I'll take a $12 trade in over magpul any day
View Quote

Well the OP is talking about new mags, so your used buying habit doesn't apply.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
The springs are considerably weaker in the Magpul glock mags vs oem.  I left a Magpul glock 26 mag loaded for a long time and the walls of it bulged out so much that it would not drop free.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've only used the Glock pmags in P80 builds, but from my experience there, they do not reliably feed, especially with light target handloads, while Glock OEM mags run like a top.  I think it's the metal insert in the OEM mags, making it easier to strip off the next round as the metal-to-metal with the case is "slipperier", and the pmags being all plastic have a touch more drag.
View Quote

Can you explain how the powder charge affects how a magazine feeds the cartridge effectively or not?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A Glock OEM 19 mag is $30. You can almost get three Magpul mags for $33. So why again do we hate them?
View Quote

Junk!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:34:44 PM EDT
[#7]
magpul glock mags cant reliably use steel case in them without binding up for me
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The springs are considerably weaker in the Magpul glock mags vs oem. .
View Quote

I have heard this from many people over the years.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Never had a problem with magpul mags in a gen 2 G19.   Probably 4k thru 6 of them.   Have a bunch of G17 mags but only run 500 or so rounds thru them in a gen 3 G19.   No problems their either.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

See, that kind of advice from Magpul turns me off. I don't have any other mags that require oil on the inside to function perfectly--why should I oil up the Magpuls, then, and attract grit that could potentially inhibit the feeding?
View Quote

They make this neat stuff called dry lubricant now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
magpul glock mags cant reliably use steel case in them without binding up for me
View Quote

Ive only every shot brass with mine so that might explain why i like them soo much
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Because they suck
View Quote
This.

One sucks and one is top notch.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I use em for range mags ,  and I will note the only malfunction I have ever had with my Glock 26 was with a Magpul mag.  My Glock 26 mags with Pearce extensions run 100 % of the time all the time.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Don't even have Glocks but if you can point me to $9.99 OEM G17 or G19 mags I'm all ears. PM me, so I have a head start on the rubes. Sorry Rubes, not sorry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s not that Magpul Glock mags suck, it’s just that OEMs are awesome and almost the same price.

Don't even have Glocks but if you can point me to $9.99 OEM G17 or G19 mags I'm all ears. PM me, so I have a head start on the rubes. Sorry Rubes, not sorry.

I picked most of mine up from recoilgunworks when they do their lightly used sales for like $12 each.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've never had any issues with the magpul glock mags but I'm not hard on them.
View Quote

This guy I've run them quite a bit without issues.

I've got a ton.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A Glock OEM 19 mag is $30. You can almost get three Magpul mags for $33. So why again do we hate them?
View Quote

Thats right...stick to glock mags, for glocks!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#17]
They've been GTG in both platforms for me. I daily carry Glock factory mags, however.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Oem Glock mags are $20 everywhere. Op is enjoying rape paying $33.  Had a couple of ftf issues with my Magpul experiment so I gave them away . The new owner has had no problems with them.  I like Magpul ar mags.
View Quote

Not doubting you, but mind sharing where these $20 OEM mags are for Glock?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Cuz internet operators say so.

Whatever. I've gotta be coming on up 10k rounds through a ttl of 6 glock pmags and still waiting on my first issue. Maybe it's 6k or 7k,maybe it's 12k. I don't keep good count, but it's easy to track my 0 failures.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I haven't had any issues with my magpul glock magazines but I carry with an OEM magazine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I like the magpul glock mags they work great in my AR9.  Ive shot a couple thousand rounds through the 10 i have and they always work.  Ive dropped them on concrete and in dirt with no issues.
View Quote

Oddly enough, my DDLES lower is the one place they don't work AT ALL. Suspect I may need a new mag catch.

Never had a problem with them in my G3 or G4 Glocks, though. Eventually switched over to OEMs with TTI extensions for competition usage, though - not about reliability, but rather that they dropped free more reliably.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:55:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can you explain how the powder charge affects how a magazine feeds the cartridge effectively or not?
View Quote

Yes. Your slide operates at a certain velocity depending on a number of factors (recoil spring, tension from the next round in the mag, the amount of effort it takes to push out a round, etc.), but the starting velocity comes from how much pressure your brass is pushing back into the slide. If your magazine is causing friction for the slide and/or "grips" the next round too hard (from either materials or spring tension), it is entirely possible that you don't have enough energy by the end to properly cycle the gun. Hotter round means you start the cycle with more velocity, and thus have more tolerance for friction.

Of course, you can be TOO fast and outrun your magazine and/or beat up your gun/yourself with more recoil... there's no free lunch.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:00:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Things that suck compared to OEM: Witness holes, springs, no steel liner, and issues feeding steel case.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's a reason why Magpul glock mags only cost half as much

They only cost half as much because they only work half as much
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

outstanding non sequitur my man
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Pmags hit the market at a perfect time.  They helped make magpul a house hold name in the firearms world.  And they were being used by a bunch of soldiers and marines when combat deployments were still common.   They also fixed issues with GI mags whether those issues were real or perceived.  

Nobody asked for Glock magpul mags.  I guess they're cheap so there's that..
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I don’t “adore” any of their products, I like them well enough, but there are plenty is good options. I only have one Magpul Glock mag, and have had no issues, though the round count isn’t very high.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Guess I've been lucky with my Magpul mags.....I only use them for range / classes but have ran them for a couple of years without issues.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I have 1 Magpul Glock mag and it is the cause of feeding issues. It is a very early version...maybe they have improved. Idk.

I have not even considered them since buying that first one.

I LOVE my Pmags though lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Because we hate EVERYTHING Glock?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Because we hate EVERYTHING Glock?
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In my limited experience, Magpul mags won’t feed steel cased ammo reliably.
Glock mags will feed anything.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Glock OEM = Carry mags

Magpul 21rd = General purpose range / PCC mags

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Because Glock pmags are jam-o-matics

But AR pmags actually work
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Guys,  Glock Gen 5 19 mags are only $21.95 at site sponsor Aim Surplus.    

I buy a lot from both Primary Arms and Aim Surplus but can't figure out why PA sells the same mag for $30.00

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#37]
I bought 5 of the Magpul 17 rounders shortly after they came out,not even sure what year that was? I've used them in a gen 3 26, gen 4 19 & 17, gen 5 26. Thousands of rounds with 0 issues. This summer I got a gen 5 17 mos, put a RMR on it, and slapped a magpul in. Had a couple ejection issues on the first mag, other magpuls ran fine out of it. Tossed that mag in the garbage and no issues since. When I'm not at the range I only carry OEM.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Again why do we hate magpul mags for Glock but adore them for the AR?
View Quote

For me it's the feel.  They feel like toy pieces. Very light, the plastic just feels cheap.
Price point is set too high. Not much more $ for factory mags.  Glock mags are not expensive like some other guns.
The few I have work fine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I used Glock Pmags for a year.  

For practice/competition when using brass cases and round nose ammo, they were fine.

With steel case or hollow points, they were not reliable.  

The base plate on them is different enough from Glock mags that I decided to stick with Glock mags for training.  

AR Pmags?

Well, there’s a good reason why a good portion of LE and military around the world are using them. They really are a better mousetrap in that application.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm not quite a magpul fan boy, but they're a preferred brand. I'll pay more for the label, if it's a good product.
I bought my first ever firearm that uses glock mags last year.
Not the best time to buy gun stuff, but better than now.
I knew well enough to buy a large supply of magazines straight away.
The price difference between OEM and magpul wasn't sufficient to sway me.
The only glock OEM mags I bought that were triple the price of magpul held 33rds.
19x mags were double.
To be fair though, magpul simply didn't have the selection that Glock did.
But just so, in a buy once cry once situation, the bad reviews were enough to matter.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Because they suck
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've never had any issues with the magpul glock mags but I'm not hard on them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a set of Magpul Glock mags that I use for nothing but training.  I do a lot of mag changes and they're always in the dirt or the snow.  I've had zero issues.  

I don't like them because of how thick the base pads are, but they were cheap and they have been good for range use.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It’s not that Magpul Glock mags suck, it’s just that OEMs are awesome and almost the same price.
View Quote

Where are they the same price?

Where can I find OEM mags right now?

I don't love Magpul AR mags, because they don't drop free, but I own many and use them.  I prefer Okay mags.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ve got six of the PMAG G17 mags. I take them to the week weekly and run steel case ammo through the them. I drop them, they get kicked and stepped on.

I have yet to experience a mag related failure with the Glock PMAGs.

That being said, I always carry or keep loaded with a Glock factory mag.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Because they suck
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#47]
I had so many malfunctions with magpul glock mags. The followers would get stuck and you could shake the rounds out of them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#48]
CCW or bedstand duty? Always OEM mags.

Range/plinking always PMAGS. They work great and when they eventually do wear out, replace the springs or just toss it. They're the sacraficial mag that keeps your OEM stash fresh and new.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Just keep it simple. OEM Glock mags work brilliantly. There is no reason to buy Magpul branded ones.

Pmags on the other hand are fantastic. Not without their own flaws though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#50]
they're not bad but its a case of do you want 99.98% or 99.9999% even if it costs more?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top