Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
-Will Rogers
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Amen brother.  There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun.

There ain't but one way to heaven, and His name is Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]
If anybody thinks God is going to burn you for eternity for not following his rules for just a few years of human existence I have ocean front property for sale in AZ. If God has Cain burning for the last 6K years and Hitler has only been burning for less than a hundred than I would agree God is not fair or loving and I sure wouldn't try and follow a God like that.
Those problems are solved if one knows what happens when we die, what hell is etc.  I could post videos too but nobody really likes any good news....
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's always one of the excuses that comes up. Yes, there have been many translations from different languages, but every time there is a discovery of things like the Dead Sea Scrolls, they are almost word for word the same, and more importantly, the same basic story and message is there. God didn't tell us everything but he told us enough so in my mind at the very least one should be able to grasp the gist of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"The Bible" has been re-written and re-interpreted  so many times and by so many people that for anyone to say that's its anything but a story book is beyond absurd.
To live your life based primarily on an ancient story book is probably not the best way to go about life.
That's always one of the excuses that comes up. Yes, there have been many translations from different languages, but every time there is a discovery of things like the Dead Sea Scrolls, they are almost word for word the same, and more importantly, the same basic story and message is there. God didn't tell us everything but he told us enough so in my mind at the very least one should be able to grasp the gist of it.

Exactly. We agree.
It's a story as old as mankind, translated with whatever flavor of the century.

Don't be a scumbag and I won't torture you in some unknown way for eternity.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Exactly. We agree.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"The Bible" has been re-written and re-interpreted  so many times and by so many people that for anyone to say that's its anything but a story book is beyond absurd.
To live your life based primarily on an ancient story book is probably not the best way to go about life.

Exactly. We agree.

I don't think being "burned up, each according to their works" sounds like eternal anything but permanent death. ymmv
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#7]
If I'm going to hell, it better be Robot Devil's hell.

Futurama - Bender's deal with a Robot Devil
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:54:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup, NASB translations come from original Greek, not 8 translational successions.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top