Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't buy into the incessant GamerGate/Incel gnashing of teeth about every movie, they are mostly just crying for attention (views and clicks).
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't buy into the incessant GamerGate/Incel gnashing of teeth about every movie, they are mostly just crying for attention (views and clicks).
View Quote

They're usually right.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't see Captain Marvel. As hard as I tried, all I could see was a righteous impetuous cunt.

And I couldn't enjoy the movie as a result.

0/10 will not watch again or any sequel
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I didn't bother watching it in the theatre, because I heard it was bad and was loaded with SJW/feminist bullshit, instead of the typical fun superhero story.

But now that I have seen it, I think that criticism is way overblown.  Sure, there was some "you go girl!" type stuff, but I didn't see it as really interfering with the story or ruining the experience for me.  It certainly didn't seem to be at the expense of tearing down other groups (like men), and it didn't seem mean-spirited.  It certainly wasn't ANYTHING like the total Mary Sue shitshow that was The Last Jedi.  Now, Brie Larson might be a gigantic bitch in real life (I have no idea), but I thought she did a perfectly acceptable job as an actress, and I thought it was a decent and entertaining superhero movie.

I had fun watching it, and that's all I really expect from a Marvel franchise superhero movie.  Not the greatest movie among the Marvel movies, but a decent solid superhero movie.  

View Quote

Stop it with the logic snd reason.  This is GD!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Black Panther was kinda fun, but I was embarrassed as hell for the Wakandans because of how ghetto they were portrayed.

1.  They are a scientifically-advanced nation.... who chooses their leader by a fist-fighting brawl.

2.  The main antagonist is a very-intelligent former US military officer with multiple degrees ..... who talks like he's a ghetto thug.

3.  The leader of one Wakandan faction tells the white CIA man to be quiet ..... by hooting at him like a gorilla or baboon.

How is that not pretty goddamn racist? I'm being completely serious, BTW.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
See, this is where we differ.  I thought Black Panther was hideously bad.  Black Panther made me actually regret wasting the electrons it took to make the picture show up on my TV.  The only reason I watched it the whole way through was because I kept hoping for any redeeming quality whatsoever to show up.  

None ever did.

Black Panther was kinda fun, but I was embarrassed as hell for the Wakandans because of how ghetto they were portrayed.

1.  They are a scientifically-advanced nation.... who chooses their leader by a fist-fighting brawl.

2.  The main antagonist is a very-intelligent former US military officer with multiple degrees ..... who talks like he's a ghetto thug.

3.  The leader of one Wakandan faction tells the white CIA man to be quiet ..... by hooting at him like a gorilla or baboon.

4. Africa is and always has been a craphole so they had to make a fictional nation (invisible) to grant this amazing technology to, when the rest of the Marvel Universe's Earth heroes live in normal cities, like New York and LA.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I just thought it was a really mediocre Marvel movie.  They seem to have different tiers with some getting more money and better writers than others.

Iron Man, Captain America, GotG are top tier while the Hulk, Spiderman, and Thor movies are lower tier.  Except for Ragnarok, that was top tier.  Then there are the bottom tier movies like Ant Man and Shazam.  I thought Marvel was bottom tier with bad acting, bad directing, and a really common script.  It didn't evoke and feelings, stir the emotions, or even entertain like the others.  It was a Lego piece you plug in anywhere because it fits but doesn't really matter, it doesn't have any interesting features.

It was better than WW84, though.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Storyline got hijacked, she is over powered, bad acting, too much girl power.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Capt Marvel wasn't too bad, still kinda Marvel generic though
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
.....None of it makes any sense.

But, to a certain extent, arguments like that can be made for LOTS of marvel (comic book) movies.  The underlying premises often make no sense, because we just want to get to the fun action, and cannot be bothered to put together a story beyond what a 12 year old would accept.  
View Quote

agreed, but there's a line between "suspension of disbelief" and "that's just retarded."
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#13]
My review of this thread.

"But now that I have seen it, I think that criticism of Communist propaganda is way overblown.  Sure, there was some 'you-go-comrade' type stuff, but I didn't see it as really interfering with the story or ruining the experience for me"

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm on sabbatical from "Girl Power" movies. It was fun with Linda Carter's Wonder Woman and and Princess Leia and it's had a lot of good moments since, but like a nagging wife that will never stop, it's gotten old. And for me it's gotten beyond old. And what's worse is it's only going to get worse now that the Left thinks the country is behind them. And add in all the social messaging in the story and the over the top racist BS from the actors and it's taken most of the fun out of it for me. You guys fund them if you want, I really don't care. But I won't.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#16]
my feelings are hurt that some of you called Ant-Man bottom-tier.  That movie was one of the most fun MCU movies ever.  Michael Peña stole the show.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
my feelings are hurt that some of you called Ant-Man bottom-tier.  That movie was one of the most fun MCU movies ever.  Michael Peña stole the show.
View Quote

Being a bottom tier Marvel Movie isn't a bad thing.  The rest of the catalog is just that good.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:01:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The other thing that I thought was horribly ironic about the Black Panther premise is that this super-advanced and wealthy civilization exists in Africa, and what they do is HIDE themselves, and DON'T SHARE any of their technology with anyone else in Africa, even though they are surrounded by some of the most violent and poor nations in the world.  Yeah, apparently all the other Africans can just go to hell, and Wakandans don't give a fuck about them.  It's very weird how basically Black Panther kind of acts like the rest of Africa is just empty savannah or something.  

I especially agree with your first point, that choosing your leader - of this supposed advanced and stable society - by who is better at beating people up in a violent brawl, is completely insane. The suggestion that they've always been stable and well-ruled for centuries, and that method of choosing a leader suddenly becomes a problem NOW, is one of the dumbest premises in any movie I have ever seen.  Also, it's completely inconsistent with the notion that it's a hereditary monarchy.  I mean, what's the likelihood that his DAD also just happened to be the most bad-ass fighter who could also beat up anyone in the kingdom?  None of it makes any sense.

But, to a certain extent, arguments like that can be made for LOTS of marvel (comic book) movies.  The underlying premises often make no sense, because we just want to get to the fun action, and cannot be bothered to put together a story beyond what a 12 year old would accept.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
See, this is where we differ.  I thought Black Panther was hideously bad.  Black Panther made me actually regret wasting the electrons it took to make the picture show up on my TV.  The only reason I watched it the whole way through was because I kept hoping for any redeeming quality whatsoever to show up.  

None ever did.

The other thing that I thought was horribly ironic about the Black Panther premise is that this super-advanced and wealthy civilization exists in Africa, and what they do is HIDE themselves, and DON'T SHARE any of their technology with anyone else in Africa, even though they are surrounded by some of the most violent and poor nations in the world.  Yeah, apparently all the other Africans can just go to hell, and Wakandans don't give a fuck about them.  It's very weird how basically Black Panther kind of acts like the rest of Africa is just empty savannah or something.  

I especially agree with your first point, that choosing your leader - of this supposed advanced and stable society - by who is better at beating people up in a violent brawl, is completely insane. The suggestion that they've always been stable and well-ruled for centuries, and that method of choosing a leader suddenly becomes a problem NOW, is one of the dumbest premises in any movie I have ever seen.  Also, it's completely inconsistent with the notion that it's a hereditary monarchy.  I mean, what's the likelihood that his DAD also just happened to be the most bad-ass fighter who could also beat up anyone in the kingdom?  None of it makes any sense.

You're both missing the point where the "Wakandans", a group of people so fully devoted to peace that they've shut themselves off from the entirety of the violent world around them, don't just choose their leader based on a fistfight.  It's a fistfight TO THE DEATH.  Yeah, that's thuper thivilized.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#19]
The idiot actress said she didn't want non-soiboi guys watching her movie or some dumb shit like that.

Yet plenty of simps are apparently doing it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#20]
She's a twat, a bad actor, and not really hot enough to be a lead.  Movie would have been a lot better with someone even semi-likeable.  Like a Jessica Biel or whatever.

Some of the group interviews out there with her and the other cast members are just painful to watch.  Funny seeing trained actors that can't even hide how much they hate her for 10 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Being a bottom tier Marvel Movie isn't a bad thing.  The rest of the catalog is just that good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely this.  Even Shazam was...well, no, Shazam was just ridiculous.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm in the "Wasn't great, wasn't terrible, couple hours of brain candy" camp.  I didn't find it as SJW offensive as some folks did.

My wife actually commented at some point while we were watching it that "Damn, she has like no ass. Girl has to do some squats".
View Quote

I’d still lick her butthole
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't think it was the movie, the actress said there were too many white men watching her movies

Therefore, I decided to help her with that
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed. It was a fun movie, as was Guardians, Ragnarok, Iron Man and maybe a few others.

Many other comic book movies are lacking.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Agreed. It was a fun movie, as was Guardians, Ragnarok, Iron Man and maybe a few others.

View Quote

Ragnarok is my favorite MCU movie.  I could watch it 100 times and never tire of it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ragnarok is my favorite MCU movie.  I could watch it 100 times and never tire of it.
View Quote

That was certainly one of the better ones!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:26:09 PM EDT
[#27]

I'd hit it
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I didn't bother watching it in the theatre, because I heard it was bad and was loaded with SJW/feminist bullshit, instead of the typical fun superhero story.

But now that I have seen it, I think that criticism is way overblown.  Sure, there was some "you go girl!" type stuff, but I didn't see it as really interfering with the story or ruining the experience for me.  It certainly didn't seem to be at the expense of tearing down other groups (like men), and it didn't seem mean-spirited.  It certainly wasn't ANYTHING like the total Mary Sue shitshow that was The Last Jedi.  Now, Brie Larson might be a gigantic bitch in real life (I have no idea), but I thought she did a perfectly acceptable job as an actress, and I thought it was a decent and entertaining superhero movie.

I had fun watching it, and that's all I really expect from a Marvel franchise superhero movie.  Not the greatest movie among the Marvel movies, but a decent solid superhero movie.  

View Quote
Thank you Goose Whisperer. I was wondering and will watch it now. I was also wondering on Wonder Woman but was already planning on watching that one. I am a Gal fan lol.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#29]
lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Captain Marvel's got this one special power ... it makes my pants tight.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Tired of the female "heroes" who never have any obstacles (character/villain/capabilities....) to overcome and never have to develop their character by the end to win.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#33]
The movie was less bothersome than the all girl power play in End Game.  That was bullshit.   Brownian motion on a battlefield don't work that way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#34]
That movie compares to actual cinematic art the way doritos compares to good cuisine:  fun for a little while but no real substance.   That said, I liked the movie.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There have been some TERRIBLE Marvel movies.  

Fantastic Four was pretty bad.  Elektra was AWFUL.  At least one of the Hulk movies was pretty bad.  I though Captain America Civil War was laughably bad.  Those are just off the top of my head.  I know some will disagree, but I though Infinity War was incredibly bad as well.  

To me, Captain Marvel was like Black Panther: A solid middle-of-the-road comic book movie, but not outstanding.  

I will agree that Larson's acting could have been a lot better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ignoring the SJW stuff, I thought it was easily the worst of the MCU movies.

There have been some TERRIBLE Marvel movies.  

Fantastic Four was pretty bad.  Elektra was AWFUL.  At least one of the Hulk movies was pretty bad.  I though Captain America Civil War was laughably bad.  Those are just off the top of my head.  I know some will disagree, but I though Infinity War was incredibly bad as well.  

To me, Captain Marvel was like Black Panther: A solid middle-of-the-road comic book movie, but not outstanding.  

I will agree that Larson's acting could have been a lot better.

The worst MCU movie was Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#37]
It was ok, yeah it was filled with SJW BS but still an ok popcorn movie. Personally I think Avengers Endgame was the best of the series and will never be eclipsed but I don't have high expectations for movies in general.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#38]
"
I had fun watching it, and that's all I really expect from a Marvel franchise superhero movie.
"

That's where I am. I was entertained, unlike the recent Star Wars SJW s**t. I did enjoy "Solo" and "Rogue One" however.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The worst MCU movie was Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
View Quote

Except for the High Priestess, Ayesha. She was funny.

Jay
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The idiot actress said she didn't want non-soiboi guys watching her movie or some dumb shit like that.

Yet plenty of simps are apparently doing it anyway.
View Quote

Why should I give a shit what that gunt wants?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Rewriting the Skrulls as space Mexicans victimized by the MAGA Kree was BS
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I dunno, it hasn't been on cable yet and after this free release of the new Wonder Woman 1984 movie, I'm not sure I'd vest $2 in anything that didn't have absolutely stellar reviews.

Gal Gadot is a babe, Chris Pine is ok, all the ingredients for a great meal but someone took a shit in the cook pot.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#43]
3.6 roetgen

Not the SJW shitshow everyone made it out to be.  Not a really great movie either.  

All in all, about as forgetable as all 100 of the SpiderMan reboot movies.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. It was fun and I loved the Michael Pena character. His little tale at the end of the movie was a hoot.

Ant-Man Funny Scene -Michael Pena
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This. It was fun and I loved the Michael Pena character. His little tale at the end of the movie was a hoot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj2u_obs3n0
View Quote

Luis tells stories like my mom does, they just meander all over the place with details important to nobody but her.  

It's equal parts and when I'm trying to get her to get to the point.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Ignoring any politics in it... I mean, I'm sure that the writers intended for there to be some kind of political message, maybe there was, but I'm not sure it came across to anyone who wasn't specifically looking for it.

What I remember about it is how forgettable the whole thing was. I have no desire to watch it again. It couldn't hold my attention the firs time through. And I have already forgotten much of it.

Let's see.

Chick gets told she can't do things and this is supposed to be some kind of horrible thing in her life when it seems pretty normal from a guy's perspective. I've been told I can't do things because of reasons all my life.

Then she crashes or something and aliens get her and train her to be some kind of super soldier. The guy who didn't know who Star Lord was was there. And our heroine is unlikable from the start. I think there was some training fight where she took a cheap shot at her partner. Just what I want, the kind of person on my team who would zap someone with a tazer in a jujitsu sparing match.

Then she fights some Skrulls. Then she ends up on Earth and meets a rather meek acting former Bad Motherfucker and there's a cat who is a monster. They do some stuff for some reason.

Then she meets up with a friend who is Black and the friend has a cute daughter who gets inspired by meeting Captain Marvel, which must mean she inspires easily.

Then Captain Marvel gets all superpowered for some reason and blows up a bunch of ships...

That's what I took away from the movie. Did I miss anything?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I will admit I was entertained. However, it was at the cost of several sacrifices I didn't think were justified. For one, never in comic history was Nick Fury anything other than a badass. They let him have a few surprises up his sleeves, but overall, they made him seem like little more than the comic relief. Also, that was a BS way to make him lose his eye.

I was also confused by the Skrull being made victims. They've always been portrayed as villans. If they really needed a population of refugees, surely someone else could've been picked. They're going to have to do some backpeddling now if they want to ever use them in future Fantastic Four movies.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Let us know what you think.

I am not planning on watching the Wonder Woman 1984 movie.  It just sounds too dumb - in terms of plot.
View Quote

WW84 sucked.....it's only redeeming quality is Gal.  I thought the first WW was pretty good but the sequel sucked.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, plus the first Thor.

Captain Marvel was better than the black ghetto/thug movie - by far.  I'll never watch it again.  CM, you betcha!

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ignoring the SJW stuff, I thought it was easily the worst of the MCU movies. And I thought the actress did an awful job--like Anakin Skywalker bad.
View Quote

Have you seen the Hulk movies?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top