Now a Third World shithole!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once the greatest empire on Earth

Now a Third World shithole!!

Coming from New Jersey, that’s a compliment.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:54:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
To keep their people safe from sharp scary objects!

https://i.redd.it/giu1zurrnkc61.jpg
View Quote

??

That's cool they have matching halloween costumes
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:59:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@Kharn
@Agent_Funky
@RX-78-2

From the UK's own government website:

You can only be stopped and searched without reasonable grounds if it has been approved by a senior police officer. This can happen if it is suspected that:
serious violence could take place
you're carrying a weapon or have used one
you're in a specific location or area

That sounds totally in line with what Kharn is saying, you cross a certain street or line and now you are in an area with historic high crime, just being there means an officer of certain rank can point at you and have you searched "without reasonable grounds"

https://www.gov.uk/police-powers-to-stop-and-search-your-rights

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

There has been a huge uptick in stabbing crimes in the UK.  They have responded by banning all sorts of knives, giving more 'search for no reason' power to police, and are requiring 'anti-stab' knives.  They've been making these things for over 10 years now

https://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/knife.jpg
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3603/3630027936_caffc95f7d_o.jpg

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

No such thing as "search for no reason".

Stop making shit up.

Compare the requirements for a Terry frisk in the US, identifying a specific suspect and suspicion of a crime, vs various UK PDs searching everyone in the street that crosses a certain block and boasting about it.

Kharn

Cite? Never heard that happening.

@Kharn
@Agent_Funky
@RX-78-2

You can only be stopped and searched without reasonable grounds if it has been approved by a senior police officer. This can happen if it is suspected that:

That sounds totally in line with what Kharn is saying, you cross a certain street or line and now you are in an area with historic high crime, just being there means an officer of certain rank can point at you and have you searched "without reasonable grounds"

Hi akodo.

I think you are missing the finer point.  
Yes they ‘can’ which is not great. The chances of them doing is never. It’s on the books as a tool they don’t use.

You linked a lot of stats for London and a few other places. It’s like comparing Compton with Jackson hole Wyoming,

Yes they arrest people for knives but they arnt just walking up to people and saying oi you cheeky fucker show me your licence for being out ( ok yes they are doing that now for COVID but not normally)

They are making arrests of known dodgy fuckers then finding things and adding them into the mix. That’s where your stats are coming from
All these stats that are rising are generally by you know who and you know why. As I don’t hang around with youths I won’t get stopped.

I will never over here be stopped on my way back from a Star Trek meeting for creeping over a stop line. Made to wait at the side of the road for two hours while they fetch a drug dog to give a false hit. Then have my car tossed.
I will never be sat outside and film while cops walk up to my car and throw in evidence. I will never call the cops and get shot in the head or have my dog killed. Shot while unarmed and complying crawling along the floor.

I love America, and every American I’ve ever met has been great but one thing that does worry me reading this site is the actions of the police and three letters that get posted almost on here daily.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:05:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@p3590

I will retract that they are 'requiring' anti-stab knives for now and replace that with 'encouraging'

UK partially funded the development of the design
Police are giving these knives to domestic violence victims
Police do crime prevention talks then ask for knives with points to be turned in
They are on the market.  Don't know how many people are buying them, but it's a real and growing thing.

With the growing list of things being banned - do regular knives have 10 more years to go? or just 2?

Note the 'left wing nutter idea that gets no traction' would be the MP who is calling for every knife in the UK to have a GPS tracker in the handle.

View Quote

Deer lord man get a grip. It was in the news for like a day then they shut the fuck up. Your lot are talking about re-education camps that has 100 times more chance of happening then us being forced to not have point knives.

You do realise we live here yes? There is no encouragement some politicians have to say something on hot button topics because they feel the need or the media will attack them.

Didn’t some dem in Texas just propose banning guns? It won’t happen there just as safety knives won’t happen here.

We have lots of issues over here. We don’t have the laws that you guys have in most states, no we are not as free with speech or weapons but pointy knives ain’t a thing that anybody is being told to lose

And I still will never be stopped and searched.

Let’s say I do and I have my Sog or mora on me as I often do when out. If I get stopped by the police and searched and they find it the absolute worst that could happen if the cop is an absolute twat is they will confiscate it. They don’t want me in court over something so trivial.

But remember I will never be stopped I will never be searched and I never see cops. I don’t belong to a gang in London.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:11:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@Pesty

The number of knife crimes In England and Wales has risen to a new record high, says the Office for National Statistics.There were 46,265 offences in the 12 months to the end of March this year, up 6% from the previous year. Link

1. Earlier this month, a regional police force was ridiculed for issuing knives with blunt edges to domestic violence victims, believing it could reduce the risk of attacks within the home.
  2. Scott Mann, a Conservative MP, suffered a similar fate in March when he called for every knife sold in the UK to be fitted with a GPS tracker.
  3. Even supermarkets have joined in the search for a solution, with some, including Asda, refusing to sell individual knives in a bid to prevent them being used for violence.  link

London murder rate surpasses New York.  London's growing epidemic of violence has caused the rate of murders to overtake that of New York, including a 21% rise in crimes committed with a knife.  link

• And the grim tally is rising fastest in wealthy areas such as Surrey, Sussex, Hertfordshire and Norfolk, which have seen an explosion in knife offences.
  • In Surrey, knife crime has jumped the highest in the country, with a staggering 618 per cent increase in knife crime over the last decade.
  • Offences more than tripled in Sussex in the same time period, climbing from 346 in 2010 to 1,195 in 2019.
  • Meanwhile in Hertfordshire, cases rose 166 per cent between 2010 and 2019, increasing from 272 to 723.
  • Our probe revealed how Britain's knife epidemic is quickly spreading to rural towns and villages.
  • Dyfed-Powys in Wales had a 107 per cent rise with offences up from 98 in 2010 to 203 last year compared to 10 years ago, while Kent saw a 129 per cent surge up 447 to 793 per year.
  • Merseyside leapt up 153 per cent to 1,504 and Leicester grew 101 per cent  - up from 432 to 869.
  • Link
10 "yobs" per day caught with illegal knives in London link

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/KH-MAP-KNIFE-POSSESSION-IN-LONDON.jpg?strip=all&w=570

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There has been a huge uptick in stabbing crimes in the UK.  They have responded by banning all sorts of knives, giving more 'search for no reason' power to police, and are requiring 'anti-stab' knives.  They've been making these things for over 10 years now

Seriously people no, no they havnt. I've never sever seen one of those knives it was a idea by some left wing nutter.

Just like your left wing nutters have it never took off.

But yes our police are fucking useless and we have shit laws that they "can" use.

I have leathermans and sogs all over the place. If I'm pulled up they won't search me. If they raid a house of a drug dealer and they find that yes they will take it.

I honestly don't remember the last time I saw a cop and I've never been searched or questioned for anything
@Pesty

The number of knife crimes In England and Wales has risen to a new record high, says the Office for National Statistics.There were 46,265 offences in the 12 months to the end of March this year, up 6% from the previous year. Link

1. Earlier this month, a regional police force was ridiculed for issuing knives with blunt edges to domestic violence victims, believing it could reduce the risk of attacks within the home.
  2. Scott Mann, a Conservative MP, suffered a similar fate in March when he called for every knife sold in the UK to be fitted with a GPS tracker.
  3. Even supermarkets have joined in the search for a solution, with some, including Asda, refusing to sell individual knives in a bid to prevent them being used for violence.  link

London murder rate surpasses New York.  London's growing epidemic of violence has caused the rate of murders to overtake that of New York, including a 21% rise in crimes committed with a knife.  link

• And the grim tally is rising fastest in wealthy areas such as Surrey, Sussex, Hertfordshire and Norfolk, which have seen an explosion in knife offences.
  • In Surrey, knife crime has jumped the highest in the country, with a staggering 618 per cent increase in knife crime over the last decade.
  • Offences more than tripled in Sussex in the same time period, climbing from 346 in 2010 to 1,195 in 2019.
  • Meanwhile in Hertfordshire, cases rose 166 per cent between 2010 and 2019, increasing from 272 to 723.
  • Our probe revealed how Britain's knife epidemic is quickly spreading to rural towns and villages.
  • Dyfed-Powys in Wales had a 107 per cent rise with offences up from 98 in 2010 to 203 last year compared to 10 years ago, while Kent saw a 129 per cent surge up 447 to 793 per year.
  • Merseyside leapt up 153 per cent to 1,504 and Leicester grew 101 per cent  - up from 432 to 869.
  • Link

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/KH-MAP-KNIFE-POSSESSION-IN-LONDON.jpg?strip=all&w=570

Your point?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hi akodo.

Yes they ‘can’ which is not great. The chances of them doing is never. It’s on the books as a tool they don’t use.

You linked a lot of stats for London and a few other places. It’s like comparing Compton with Jackson hole Wyoming,

Yes they arrest people for knives but they arnt just walking up to people and saying oi you cheeky fucker show me your licence for being out ( ok yes they are doing that now for COVID but not normally)

They are making arrests of known dodgy fuckers then finding things and adding them into the mix. That’s where your stats are coming from
All these stats that are rising are generally by you know who and you know why. As I don’t hang around with youths I won’t get stopped.

I will never over here be stopped on my way back from a Star Trek meeting for creeping over a stop line. Made to wait at the side of the road for two hours while they fetch a drug dog to give a false hit. Then have my car tossed.
I will never be sat outside and film while cops walk up to my car and throw in evidence. I will never call the cops and get shot in the head or have my dog killed. Shot while unarmed and complying crawling along the floor.

I love America, and every American I’ve ever met has been great but one thing that does worry me reading this site is the actions of the police and three letters that get posted almost on here daily.

View Quote

Keep telling yourself that as your country fills with “refugees” and your rights are further restricted every year while your government arrests your citizens for stating the facts about “Asians.”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:14:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Stop and search: police powersA police officer has powers to stop and search you if they have 'reasonable grounds' to suspect you're carrying:

illegal drugs
a weapon
stolen property
something which could be used to commit a crime, such as a crowbar
(Note - it's not required that they think you are going to commit, are committing, or have committed a crime - just the suspicion that you have an object that could be used for a crime.  So saying 'I think you might have a knife.  A knife can be used in a crime' and the search is legal)

(so by the UK's own wording, they are stopping people without reasonable grounds and it's legal if it's done in a high crime area.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.
Stop and search: police powersA police officer has powers to stop and search you if they have 'reasonable grounds' to suspect you're carrying:

illegal drugs
a weapon
stolen property
(Note - it's not required that they think you are going to commit, are committing, or have committed a crime - just the suspicion that you have an object that could be used for a crime.  So saying 'I think you might have a knife.  A knife can be used in a crime' and the search is legal)

(so by the UK's own wording, they are stopping people without reasonable grounds and it's legal if it's done in a high crime area.)

Read what you posted.

No such thing as search for no reason
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:15:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@Kharn
@Agent_Funky
@RX-78-2

View Quote

Read what you posted.

You cannot be searched for no good reason.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:16:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's exactly what he claimed
Search anyone/everyone without a need for a reason -> That sounds like the ability to search everyone
based on being in a certain location/area -> 'in the street that crosses a certain block' that sounds exactly like being based on a certain location.  With that location designated as 'starting on this street and running the whole block'

Further, not sure why you are okay with basic human rights being stripped from "rich and vibrant" groups in their communities.  What can be done to group A today can be done to group B tomorrow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Compare the requirements for a Terry frisk in the US, identifying a specific suspect and suspicion of a crime, vs various UK PDs searching everyone in the street that crosses a certain block and boasting about it.

Kharn

Yeah, that doesn't happen.  

Hmm?

The stop and search process

A police officer or a police community support officer (PCSO) in uniform can stop you but only police officers can search you. A police officer does not have to be in uniform but they must show you their warrant (ID) card. They can search you, anything you are carrying and a vehicle.
What you should be told

The police officer or police community support officer must explain why you're being stopped and why you're being asked to account for your actions or presence in an area.

In almost all cases, you should be offered a record of the stop and account or stop and search at the time it happens.

The police use these powers to help make the local community safer by preventing and detecting crime. Naturally, public cooperation is an essential part of that.
Where you can be searched

Stop and search most often happens in public places. However, there are some powers, such as searching for firearms or drugs, which allow police to search people anywhere.

If you're in a public place, you may be required to remove your coat or jacket and your gloves, unless you've been stopped in relation to terrorism or where the officer believes you are using clothes to hide your identity.

The search is not voluntary. If you don't cooperate the officer can use reasonable force to conduct the search.

Section 60
Orders under section 60 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act allow officers to stop and search people with no grounds for suspicion. Police are only supposed to authorise the use of section 60 when there has been serious violence or where there is a risk it may occur in a particular area.

Section 60  'without suspicion searches'
Sometimes ordinary stop and search powers aren't enough to keep communities safe as people can only be stopped and searched if the officer has reasonable grounds. A Section 60 allows police officers to stop and search people even if they don't have suspicions about them.

If a senior officer believes incidents of serious violence will take place in a specific area, or that people will be carrying weapons, and it is necessary to use these powers then they may put a Section 60 in place.

It doesn't even take a judge to suspend a community's rights.

Kharn

Thats not the same as what you claimed, and I quote you:  "various UK PDs searching everyone in the street that crosses a certain block and boasting about it"

It has happened occasionally for limited durations for targeted, specific groups where there is a specific threat in very specific (often rich and vibrant) areas associated with gang violence.  Even that is a stretch on policing sources.

For everyone else in the UK they have never, and will never be anywhere near such measures, let alone be affected by them.

It's exactly what he claimed
Search anyone/everyone without a need for a reason -> That sounds like the ability to search everyone
based on being in a certain location/area -> 'in the street that crosses a certain block' that sounds exactly like being based on a certain location.  With that location designated as 'starting on this street and running the whole block'

Further, not sure why you are okay with basic human rights being stripped from "rich and vibrant" groups in their communities.  What can be done to group A today can be done to group B tomorrow.

Wrong.

Honestly mate, do yourself a favour and learn to read all the information in a document.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:17:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

UK law doesn't stipulate that it's only locations like that - it can be for simply existing in an area that traditionally has high crime, or it can be because you are in the vicinity where a crime just happened - be that minutes, hours, or days.  They don't even have to be searching for that criminal, just that you are in the general vicinity where the crime happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Yes - generally speaking there has to be acreason for a search.

BUT.......it is a condition of entry to certain venues.

Yep.  Court buildings, Airports and the like.

UK law doesn't stipulate that it's only locations like that - it can be for simply existing in an area that traditionally has high crime, or it can be because you are in the vicinity where a crime just happened - be that minutes, hours, or days.  They don't even have to be searching for that criminal, just that you are in the general vicinity where the crime happened.

Wrong. Read what you posted.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:20:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@p3590

I will retract that they are 'requiring' anti-stab knives for now and replace that with 'encouraging'

Police do crime prevention talks then ask for knives with points to be turned in
They are on the market.  Don't know how many people are buying them, but it's a real and growing thing.

With the growing list of things being banned - do regular knives have 10 more years to go? or just 2?

Note the 'left wing nutter idea that gets no traction' would be the MP who is calling for every knife in the UK to have a GPS tracker in the handle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously people no, no they havnt. I've never sever seen one of those knives it was a idea by some left wing nutter.

But yes our police are fucking useless and we have shit laws that they "can" use.

I have leathermans and sogs all over the place. If I'm pulled up they won't search me. If they raid a house of a drug dealer and they find that yes they will take it.

I honestly don't remember the last time I saw a cop and I've never been searched or questioned for anything
@akodo So, as an experiment, I fired up my trusty VPN, and pretended I lived in the UK for a minute (Birmingham was the fastest server) and went to amazon to poke around.  They can buy the same pointy kitchen knives we can, abet at higher prices and a shittier selection.  There were no weird blunt results for "anti stab knife".  I did try "best knife for stabbing" and it helpfully had pointy ones.

So, I believe that @Pesty and company are correct.
@p3590

Wrong.

But thanks for your comical attempt to tell us all about our country.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:22:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Keep telling yourself that as your country fills with “refugees” and your rights are further restricted every year while your government arrests your citizens for stating the facts about “Asians.”
View Quote

Yes we have problems here. I don’t like the direction we are going but I still have a house full of pointy knives and that is the point of this thread.

The lack of protected free speech and the 1984 style thought crimes are a huge issue. You will never hear me saying that Britain is awesome I get more and more disillusioned with it by the day,

Meanwhile people are burning down cities in the US and Biden has opened the border and will bring in refugees from all over. Oh and you’ve just had a president thrown out of office by clear and massive fraud.

The whole west is fucked all the other brits and I are doing is giving you the facts on the ground to knives. Some of you have that skewed. Now the other issues yes but that’s a different argument.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:50:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes we have problems here. I don’t like the direction we are going but I still have a house full of pointy knives and that is the point of this thread.

The lack of protected free speech and the 1984 style thought crimes are a huge issue. You will never hear me saying that Britain is awesome I get more and more disillusioned with it by the day,

Meanwhile people are burning down cities in the US and Biden has opened the border and will bring in refugees from all over. Oh and you’ve just had a president thrown out of office by clear and massive fraud.

The whole west is fucked all the other brits and I are doing is giving you the facts on the ground to knives. Some of you have that skewed. Now the other issues yes but that’s a different argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it’s curious that these threads tend to portray a far worse picture than reality.  

Not sure whether it is projection, fear, or just that folks like the OP have been fed a load of duff information and drawn a conclusion from that.  We all know that the internet is a cesspool of duff info, I guess.

I’m usually happy to help provide a little context. But as we see it often descends into someone telling us all about our country where we have lived most (if not all) of our lives, having never been to the UK themselves, or having had very limited experience.

I know some appreciate the insight, but It’s amusing to see some of these mad perspectives.  

It’s a bit like Brits who think that the US is a gun-toting Wild West hell-scape with a mass shooting every day.  Anyone who’s ever been to the US knows it’s an overwhelmingly nice place, with decent, friendly people, and with a few small pockets of scum and villainy in a small number of locations.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:47:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think it’s curious that these threads tend to portray a far worse picture than reality.  

Not sure whether it is projection, fear, or just that folks like the OP have been fed a load of duff information and drawn a conclusion from that.  We all know that the internet is a cesspool of duff info, I guess.

I’m usually happy to help provide a little context. But as we see it often descends into someone telling us all about our country where we have lived most (if not all) of our lives, having never been to the UK themselves, or having had very limited experience.

I know some appreciate the insight, but It’s amusing to see some of these mad perspectives.  

It’s a bit like Brits who think that the US is a gun-toting Wild West hell-scape with a mass shooting every day.  Anyone who’s ever been to the US knows it’s an overwhelmingly nice place, with decent, friendly people, and with a few small pockets of scum and villainy in a small number of locations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll be honest, in the last years GD has become a very toxic place (and I hate using that word), not only for foreign users but anyone who dares to have a different opinion about anything, really.  

I’m all for some banter and shitposting, but this place has become very unwelcoming. They said it was because of the election and it would get better once that was over and Trump won, but we all know how that went, so I’m guessing now people are just taking their anger on the forum.

Ironically we do to ourself the same thing the leftist do to us.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Give me about 5 minutes on a bench grinder or 10 minutes on a concrete floor and I could fix those knives. Are there background checks and licensing for bench grinders over there?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hi akodo.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Kharn

@Kharn
@Agent_Funky
@RX-78-2

Hi akodo.

The people living in Compton have the same rights as those living in Jackson Hole.

Home Office blog on expanding Section 60 powers
These Section 60 powers are used in a targeted way by police when they anticipate violence in a particular area. They are used following stabbings, for example, to find weapons and prevent reprisal attacks.

By extending the pilot to all forces, the Government is returning Section 60 to the conditions set out in Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 – and therefore what Parliament voted for - and ending any confusion for police around using it.

Stop and search figures
There were 202 arrests made following 2,501 Section 60 searches in 2017/18, of which 71 were for weapons
More generally, stop and search is more targeted and intelligence-led than before. The arrest rate for all types of stop and search was 17% in 2017/18 - the highest on record
The Metropolitan Police has credited stop and searches of all types in helping to reduce knife-related injuries among under 25s by 15% in 2017/18
Stop and searches of all types have resulted in over 48,000 arrests in 2017/18, with nearly 8,000 of those for weapons and firearms

The pilot aims to make it simpler for forces to intervene and save lives. It also gives them longer to search for potentially deadly weapons and take them off the streets.

The pilot relaxes the voluntary conditions police forces signed up to on the use of Section 60, which were introduced in 2014 as part of the Best Use of Stop and Search Scheme (BUSSS).
"Section 60 powers to stop and search anyone within a designated area can be extremely effective when there have been violent incidents and police commanders believe there is a high risk of further violence occurring.

The extension of this pilot to all 43 police forces, and British Transport Police across the rail network, will help to reduce bureaucracy and allow officers to use Section 60 controls much faster when it is clear it is in the public interest to do so."
The Government is clear that all stop and search powers must be used in a way that is fair, proportionate and legal. No one should be stopped on the basis of their race.

Forces are obligated to monitor their use of the power and all forces are required to gather and monitor comprehensive data- as well as to allow appropriate scrutiny by community representatives.
introducing a new ‘public health duty’ that will ensure that relevant services, including the police, local councils,  health bodies, education representatives and youth offending services, work together to share data, intelligence and knowledge to understand and address the root causes of serious violence, including knife crime, and allow them to target their interventions to prevent and stop violence altogether ()

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The people living in Compton have the same rights as those living in Jackson Hole.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Kharn

@Kharn
@Agent_Funky
@RX-78-2

Hi akodo.

These Section 60 powers are used in a targeted way by police when they anticipate violence in a particular area. They are used following stabbings, for example, to find weapons and prevent reprisal attacks.

By extending the pilot to all forces, the Government is returning Section 60 to the conditions set out in Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 – and therefore what Parliament voted for - and ending any confusion for police around using it.

Stop and search figures
There were 202 arrests made following 2,501 Section 60 searches in 2017/18, of which 71 were for weapons
More generally, stop and search is more targeted and intelligence-led than before. The arrest rate for all types of stop and search was 17% in 2017/18 - the highest on record
The Metropolitan Police has credited stop and searches of all types in helping to reduce knife-related injuries among under 25s by 15% in 2017/18
Stop and searches of all types have resulted in over 48,000 arrests in 2017/18, with nearly 8,000 of those for weapons and firearms

The pilot aims to make it simpler for forces to intervene and save lives. It also gives them longer to search for potentially deadly weapons and take them off the streets.

The pilot relaxes the voluntary conditions police forces signed up to on the use of Section 60, which were introduced in 2014 as part of the Best Use of Stop and Search Scheme (BUSSS).
"Section 60 powers to stop and search anyone within a designated area can be extremely effective when there have been violent incidents and police commanders believe there is a high risk of further violence occurring.

The extension of this pilot to all 43 police forces, and British Transport Police across the rail network, will help to reduce bureaucracy and allow officers to use Section 60 controls much faster when it is clear it is in the public interest to do so."
The Government is clear that all stop and search powers must be used in a way that is fair, proportionate and legal. No one should be stopped on the basis of their race.

Forces are obligated to monitor their use of the power and all forces are required to gather and monitor comprehensive data- as well as to allow appropriate scrutiny by community representatives.
introducing a new ‘public health duty’ that will ensure that relevant services, including the police, local councils,  health bodies, education representatives and youth offending services, work together to share data, intelligence and knowledge to understand and address the root causes of serious violence, including knife crime, and allow them to target their interventions to prevent and stop violence altogether ()

Kharn

Not sure what point you think you are making here.  You might need to expand further.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Freedom has always been a scary thing to the Brits but especially now with wokeness.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Wankers...all of em
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Freedom has always been a scary thing to the Brits but especially now with wokeness.
View Quote

Don't talk shite.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wonder where all the woke culture originated from ??
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Damn, did someone piss in OP's Cheerios?

I thought Brit bash was on Tuesdays.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Damn, did someone piss in OP's Cheerios?

I thought Brit bash was on Tuesdays.  
View Quote

Brit Bash is 7 days a week.  It's part of the fun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hi akodo.

Yes they 'can' which is not great. The chances of them doing is never. It's on the books as a tool they don't use.

You linked a lot of stats for London and a few other places. It's like comparing Compton with Jackson hole Wyoming,

They are making arrests of known dodgy fuckers then finding things and adding them into the mix. That's where your stats are coming from
All these stats that are rising are generally by you know who and you know why. As I don't hang around with youths I won't get stopped.

I love America, and every American I've ever met has been great but one thing that does worry me reading this site is the actions of the police and three letters that get posted almost on here daily.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

Kharn

@Kharn
@Agent_Funky
@RX-78-2

Hi akodo.

Yes they 'can' which is not great. The chances of them doing is never. It's on the books as a tool they don't use.

You linked a lot of stats for London and a few other places. It's like comparing Compton with Jackson hole Wyoming,

They are making arrests of known dodgy fuckers then finding things and adding them into the mix. That's where your stats are coming from
All these stats that are rising are generally by you know who and you know why. As I don't hang around with youths I won't get stopped.

I love America, and every American I've ever met has been great but one thing that does worry me reading this site is the actions of the police and three letters that get posted almost on here daily.

Yea...I don't put much truck in having a law that a government COULD use - but they promise not to.

Yes, it appears to be worse in London and some other centers, but it goes without saying that crime is never evenly distributed.

It's a problem that they are targeting and arresting 'known dodgy fuckers' because that's not a good reason to search someone.  If they think these 'known dodgy fuckers' are so untrustworthy as to not deserve basic human rights when out and about in the streets then they should have sentenced them more harshly.

Further, just because YOU due to your age, income, ethnicity, etc are unlikely to get stopped doesn't make it okay.

The fact that anyone can step over a geographic line, then be made to wait 2 hours at the side of the road for drug dog, which then does a false positive is a HUGE issue.

I mean, that's like saying you don't care about the Japanese Internment Camps in the USA because you aren't Japanese, or don't care about the holocaust because you aren't Jewish.  Or that you are okay with laws that will require $200 fee per 'large cap' magazine because you are rich and it's going to be spit in the ocean for you - and mean you'll have less people to share public shooting spaces with.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:27:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Deer lord man get a grip. It was in the news for like a day then they shut the fuck up. Your lot are talking about re-education camps that has 100 times more chance of happening then us being forced to not have point knives.

You do realise we live here yes? There is no encouragement some politicians have to say something on hot button topics because they feel the need or the media will attack them.

Didn't some dem in Texas just propose banning guns? It won't happen there just as safety knives won't happen here.

We have lots of issues over here. We don't have the laws that you guys have in most states, no we are not as free with speech or weapons but pointy knives ain't a thing that anybody is being told to lose

Let's say I do and I have my Sog or mora on me as I often do when out. If I get stopped by the police and searched and they find it the absolute worst that could happen if the cop is an absolute twat is they will confiscate it. They don't want me in court over something so trivial.

But remember I will never be stopped I will never be searched and I never see cops. I don't belong to a gang in London.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@p3590

Didn't some dem in Texas just propose banning guns? It won't happen there just as safety knives won't happen here.

We have lots of issues over here. We don't have the laws that you guys have in most states, no we are not as free with speech or weapons but pointy knives ain't a thing that anybody is being told to lose

Let's say I do and I have my Sog or mora on me as I often do when out. If I get stopped by the police and searched and they find it the absolute worst that could happen if the cop is an absolute twat is they will confiscate it. They don't want me in court over something so trivial.

But remember I will never be stopped I will never be searched and I never see cops. I don't belong to a gang in London.
"Deer lord man get a grip. It was in the news for like a day then they shut the fuck up. Your lot are talking about re-education camps that has 100 times more chance of happening then us being forced to not have point knives. "

The way things keep on getting added to the banned list - I wouldn't be so sure

"Didn't some dem in Texas just propose banning guns? It won't happen there just as safety knives won't happen here."  Yes, likely so.  And not just in Texas.  And guess what?  At least some of those laws will go through and have to be defeated in court.  And even in Texas, if the gun community just rolls over and does the whole 'well they are unlikely to target ME with that law'  they have a strong likelyhood of waking up in a few years finding out shit has changed A LOT.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:28:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

along the lines of "anything is a hatchet if you swing it hard enough", you can stab with anything if you stab hard enough... or something; I dunno, what I'm saying is I could def accidentally stab myself with those, let alone if I was trying to be intentional about it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Your point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Pesty

• Link

Your point?
"Seriously people no, no they havnt. I've never sever seen one of those knives it was a idea by some left wing nutter." - this line made it seem like the knives are not avaiable, and it's a false or at least extremely rare thing.  In reality, the claim that it's just a few nutters calling for it is what is the false claim.  These anti-stab knives have got a ton of government approval, money, and weight behind it.

"I have leathermans and sogs all over the place. If I'm pulled up they won't search me. If they raid a house of a drug dealer and they find that yes they will take it.I honestly don't remember the last time I saw a cop and I've never been searched or questioned for anything"

Again, what these messages are trying to imply is that 'no, multitools are not illegal and no people don't get searched'  while the reality is that individual due to race and location is unlikely to be searched but there are tons of people who ARE getting searched and multitools with a lock function ARE illegal.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Read what you posted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

illegal drugs
a weapon
stolen property

Read what you posted.

Search for no reason is called "search without reasonable grounds"

And before you try and squirm - there are all sorts of 'assumptions' built around any statement.

Search for no reason includes:

We are talking about the present time
We are talking about searching individuals not trash bins
We are talking about searching when people are out in public not search people in prisions
We are talking about searching a specific individual or individuals
We are talking about searching adults

In the UK there's a legal system where a specific adult individual in public where there is no reason to suspect that specific individual of being involved in crime, can still have their person searched...not just patted down but pockets looked in, hat taken off, bag contents inspected, etc = Search for no reason
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I still don’t get OP’s point on both threads.

If the whole point was to expose our stupid laws and telling us how bad they are, then no shit, chief. Never been discussed on ARFCOM before, ever. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And before you try and squirm - there are all sorts of 'assumptions' built around any statement.

We are talking about searching when people are out in public not search people in prisions

In the UK there's a legal system where a specific adult individual in public where there is no reason to suspect that specific individual of being involved in crime, can still have their person searched...not just patted down but pockets looked in, hat taken off, bag contents inspected, etc = Search for no reason
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
how do they cut food?

Never seen one. Ever.

Nor are they required.

Stop making shit up.

illegal drugs
a weapon
stolen property

Read what you posted.

By the very words of your own posts you prove that you are wrong. I’m kinda surprised you cannot see it or perhaps refuse to see it.

You can believe what you choose, of course. What you choose to believe is of no consequence.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I still don’t get OP’s point on both threads.

If the whole point was to expose our stupid laws and telling us how bad they are, then no shit, chief. Never been discussed on ARFCOM before, ever. Thanks for the heads up.
View Quote

Must admit. Not sure what his point is either.  

He seems to have grasped the wrong end of a stick and is proceeding to argue from a point of no foundation.

Weird approach, but each to their own I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#32]
There's a certain amount of this going on here:
Attachment Attached File

I used to do the same thing. After the past year, there's no way I'm taking the "europeans are stupid and have stupid european opinions about freedom" side of any argument.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#33]
How do the cut their steaks!
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top